1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Flam

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by muunch, May 18, 2017.

1. GoldenBud

GoldenBud Active Member

Try as much as you can avoid soaking this one, using IPA with cotton swabs is a better choice

2. cybrguy

cybrguy I mean really, WTF

This device is kinda cool looking and may be good for converting a friend who just can't seem to get the VC. I'm a little surprised there isn't more action in here...

StormyPinkness likes this.
  3. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

Well you’re here and I’m here so let’s get the party started :). It’s become one of my favorite little go to’s when I’m craving a big monster bowl and don’t feel like waiting 5 mins on the G43 or messing with the big torch for the Elev8r

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    StormyPinkness and cybrguy like this.
  4. cybrguy

Click to play YouTube Video

My J-hook is a 14mm one so that is out but I have D020 that looks about perfect for it. You really have to count on the rimmed baskets making a tight seal tho or you load is gonna drop in the water. And you are heating the glass beads through another rimmed screen. I wonder if these are reasons for it's slow uptake. @WakeAndVape seems to like it and that is always a good sign...

5. almost there

I have no problems with the screens fitting on tight, the only issue I have is that the screens need to be replaced pretty often due to it deteriorating from the torch blast.

This may be the one time I've ever felt like I'm matching the cloud production of @WakeAndVape's videos:nod:

6. cybrguy

7. almost there

Since the last post I've been using the flam without the top basket screen. Unless I'm going crazy the heat up is a tad bit quicker and there's no glowing without the screen. Overall I feel much better about it, just need remember to put the screen back on when I flip the flam to stir. So far so good.

cybrguy and GoldenBud like this.
  8. GoldenBud

GoldenBud Active Member

I tried to do that with my flam, but i used to forget the fact that i have no screen up there - and lost almost all my beads

there should be a solution with a titanium screen or so, some material that can handle the flame....

almost there likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors