Five Ways To Avoid Getting Busted For Pot

u bwade wunner

hey vicki and hogleg

In good ol oz trails ya.and its nationwide.:rolleyes:

I saw a checkpoint set up as i drove home today at 2pm.no kidding.I was perhaps 3 -5 mins ahead of being tested maybe.a small canopied pick up truck loaded to the roof with machines and vinyl gloves:).once you ve seen one you remember what they look like:lol:

I was pretty tired too after a busy weekend and suffering from Mondayitis:) , that was the last thing I needed :o

and he set up on a quiet street too.

gawd damn!

dont panic and carry on about your e business!

u bwade wunner,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
It must be new because I've never seen one, and never heard about it until now.

Vicki,

djonkoman

acording to some of these tips I have acted wrong on some ocassions, tough it's more tolerant here and in those situations my aproach was probably best.
-one time on liberation day, basically the whole inner city is a festival terrain at liberation day, I entered the inner city and you had to go trough a checkpoint. they searched everyone, looking for weapons, and you also weren't allowed to take drinks with you(so the table at the checkpoint is often loaded with beercans, bottles water, etc)
I had a bag with a few grams weed in one pocket, zippo in the other(and also rolling papers, and some ordinary things like phone, wallet, keys etc)
I let them search me, they only asked to show my zippo(probably felt like it could be a weapon)

other time, in the city, we stood in front of our regular bar about to each go home, but just met some friends who came out the snackbar. some policemen come walking up the street, we just assume they'rte just walking around like usual. but turns out they're doing a weaponsearch, and are searching everyone on the street. weren't regular cops btw, but marechuasse(our customs/borderpolice)
my pockets were all stashed full, with things like my VG, grinder, dugout, weed, 3 jet lighters and a regular lighter, etc.
they searched me, asked if what I had in my pockets were my phone etc, didn't ask me to take anything out. one of my friends had a small pocketknife with him(uses it for his work, and he had worked that morning and still had it in his pocket), wich he told when they asked else they probably wouldn't have found it. so he got a fine, and latyer he told that he saw that the woman-cop who was writing down his info, had a grinder in her frontpocket. we don't know of it was hers or if she took it from someone, but it wasn't in an evidencebag(my friend's knife did go into one)

so in situations like mine where they are specifically searching for something that isn't weed, weapons in these cases, it would probably give you more trouble if you don't consent to a search. but maybe my situation is unique, since around here you will get more trouble if you have a knife with you on saturdaynight then 5 grams of weed(on going-out nights you aren't allowed to have any knife with you in the inner city, you get a fine if you do, but for up to 5 grams weed you can't get a fine, they can only impound it)

djonkoman,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Ive never come across one of the roadside tests, but I've seen a reality cop show about roadside breath testing for drugs/alcohol.
Yep, they've got some swab test thingy for MJ here in Aus.
from what I can remember on the show, the swab is just a preliminary test, if you pass you pass, but if you fail there's a more accurate 2nd test you have to do. If you come up clean on the 2nd test your all good. (or something like that)

Frederick McGuire,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
< 4 years in prison for carrying a knife in 'public' in Scotland, and a zero tolerance policy. I'm just waiting for someone to get charged for carrying their Sgian dubh - the knife that's worn in the stocking of the kilt outfit.

I don't like the idea of these Aussie swab tests. That's frightening. I remember getting caught up a few times in their drink drive road blocks and tested. It's a bit different over here as the cops need to have a reason to suspect that you're intoxicated before they can test for anything. A good thing, I think.

WatTyler,

snew

The swab test is not near as accurate as a piss test. But I did not know that they had been approved in any states for roadside use. Its not going to measure intoxication but THC in the blood which could have been there for a very long time so I'm surprises this passes the bench test.

snew,
Reactions: Vicki

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
maybe that 2nd level test is a piss test?
I saw the show a few months ago, and it didn't particularly hold my interest so :shrug:

Frederick McGuire,

djonkoman

I've heard that maybe mouthwash works against the mouth swabs. saw a site of one guy who tested it and his results seem promising, but ofcourse with the tests you can order yourself so probably less accurate as the police ones, and maybe it worls different for different people.

and with mouthwash you would maybe test positive on a breathalyzer

djonkoman,

SD_haze

Even in California, you can still get piss tested from some kind of traffic collision, even if you weren't at fault.

Cities in northern california, they'll be reasonable with the results and require a high # to prove you were high while driving.

San Diego however...much more conservative. My dad has worked in the drug/law field for 20+ yrs here and here you can get charged with a DUI from a piss test if it had been forty hours since you smoked pot.

All they need is a tiny threshold # and bam==>DUI==>massive consequences

(MMJ is unfortunately not very helpful fighting DUI charges unless you have a serious, debilitating illness)

SD_haze,

Bouldorado

How do they know? It stays in your system for over a month at least, more like several months (for most people).

when a lab tests for thc (and other drugs as well) they measure the actual level of the chemicals in your body (often measured in ppm). then, like SD said, if the drug levels are over a certain threshold, you get nailed with a positive result.

Bouldorado,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
when a lab tests for thc (and other drugs as well) they measure the actual level of the chemicals in your body (often measured in ppm). then, like SD said, if the drug levels are over a certain threshold, you get nailed with a positive result.

Yeah but he said something about 40 hours...I don't see how they know it's over 40 hours ago, since it takes months to drop to non-detectable levels (for most people).

sessnet,

Bouldorado

Yeah but he said something about 40 hours...I don't see how they know it's over 40 hours ago, since it takes months to drop to non-detectable levels (for most people).

I'm not a chemist, nor have I ever taken a drug test, but my understanding of theses tests, is that they're based on metabolism. Once a chemical (thc in this case) undergoes metabolism, it produces a secondary chemical, known as a metabolite. These metabolites make up a percentage of the total tested thc. THC, as it remains in the body, will continue to metabolize, thereby increasing the ratio of THC metabolite to THC. This metabolite:thc ratio can then likely be used to set a time constraint. Those with a higher percentage of metabolites are infrequent users, whereas a lower percentage indicates a more frequent user.

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
post-Patriot-Act, I wonder if Scott's 5ways article still works, or is just the best defense even if it doesn't work. There's no contact info to ask.

my tip is be lo-pro, and look clean-cut like a banker, but at a certain level it's isolating and lonely, so on second thought that's not a tip, but a coping mechanism I would not wish on an enemy.

VWFringe,
Top Bottom