First time on FC. Couple questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cgheezey

Hey guys. A guy at a head shop close to my house recommended that I check out this site. I've been smoking for ten years, and due to some recent issues, I'm forced to quit. I'd like to start vaporizing, but I want to clear up some questions. Mainly, I'm curious if there is any scientific research out there that confirms that vaporizing is less harmful than smoking. Also, I don't know the difference between conduction or any of the other types of heat. Hope to hear back from you guys soon, thanks.

Cgheezey,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Conduction heats a surface that heats the herb by contact with it. Convection heats the air and it's the hot air that vaporizes the herb.

lwien answered the first question like i would. But if you dont want to read the studies, all you need to know is that there are is plenty of research already and proves that vaporization is much better.

Nothing that is news to us at FC after first hand experience. ;)

Euge

Life Story (background) - go down for question
I'm in the same boat, and not to hi-jack your post, but this is my first time on here too.
I'm a newbie to marijuana, I've smoked a few dozen times over the years (I'm only 23), but still fairly unaccustomed to weed in general. I've never used a vaporizer, only ever joints and rarely bongs. My main reason for wanting to swap to marijuana as a staple is to get off alcohol, I have an accepting social circle some that smoke and others that do not that don't mind smokers being nearby. I pretty much want to smoke when my friends are drinking so we can get a buzz together and be social. I'm partially aware of the health benefits of marijuana to alcohol and only wish to be a recreational user. I'm more aware of the health benefits to using a vaporizer to smoking a dubie or other form of combustion smoking.

That's my life story and now to my question
I want to get a vaporizer, I can't afford a super high tech one, but I don't mind spending two-hundred odd $AUD on a quality vaporizer that is healthy(for consuming marijuana) and easy to use for a newbie.
  • This will be half personal, half use with friends
  • I'll probably be smoking as often as one drinks socially (my intended purpose)
  • I'm a fairly light-weight user at the moment
Just looking for suggestions on which vaporizer to get, if there is one appropriate for my use.

mod note: Do not hijack someone else's thread. One topic/request per thread.

Euge,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
If you will be using it mainly inside but need the portability, i would get the Arizer Solo.

It's one of the best overall vaporizers and it's about 200USD, less if you order through PlanetVape or Puffitup, 160USD+post.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Life Story (background) - go down for question
I'm in the same boat, and not to hi-jack your post, but this is my first time on here too.
I'm a newbie to marijuana, I've smoked a few dozen times over the years (I'm only 23), but still fairly unaccustomed to weed in general. I've never used a vaporizer, only ever joints and rarely bongs. My main reason for wanting to swap to marijuana as a staple is to get off alcohol, I have an accepting social circle some that smoke and others that do not that don't mind smokers being nearby. I pretty much want to smoke when my friends are drinking so we can get a buzz together and be social. I'm partially aware of the health benefits of marijuana to alcohol and only wish to be a recreational user. I'm more aware of the health benefits to using a vaporizer to smoking a dubie or other form of combustion smoking.

That's my life story and now to my question
I want to get a vaporizer, I can't afford a super high tech one, but I don't mind spending two-hundred odd $AUD on a quality vaporizer that is healthy(for consuming marijuana) and easy to use for a newbie.
  • This will be half personal, half use with friends
  • I'll probably be smoking as often as one drinks socially (my intended purpose)
  • I'm a fairly light-weight user at the moment
Just looking for suggestions on which vaporizer to get, if there is one appropriate for my use.

you will probably get more responses if you start your own thread in the 'ask fc' section.

stickstones,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom