First Gen vs Second Gen - Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ven

Praying Mantis
Hey guys, I own a first gen Extreme (350C max temp read).

My friend who also owns an Extreme, has the newer version of the Extreme, the one that reads 250C on the panel, now I brought some of my herb over to his house and he blew a bag, we used a standard grinder and let it heat up for 10 minutes. His bag was MUCH MUCH thicker then anything I have ever blown out of mine.

Why do the newer generations of the Extreme produce so much thicker vapor? We used the same herb, same grinder, same heating time on both of ours, and his bags always come out much thicker, I ensured that all of my screens, and the bag elbow attachment were completely clean.

I've read threads that the main difference between the 1st and 2nd gen Extreme is mainly the positioning of the heating sensor so it's closer to the bowl, if this is the only change why am I only getting average quality vapor?

Any help is appreciated, I've already E-mailed Arizer and am waiting for a reply.

Thanks,

Ven

Ven,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
My guess is that there is probably a temperature difference between the units. If his is set on 230C and yours is set on 330C, it doesn't mean they are heated up to the same temperature. The 100C difference is only an approximation. I think, and this is only my personal theory, that there are slight differences between units due to manufacturing that produce slightly different temp readings between units. I would try heating your unit up more than his (in terms of your perception). Set yours at 340C when he is at 230C and see if the difference is less, then keep tweaking the temp until it looks similar...if they ever get similar. If they do get similar, then my theory is probably correct.

Another difference is that I have heard the newer units heat up just a little quicker. If you are only heating up for 10 minutes, I suggest heating up for 20. This would put the older unit on the same playing field. I would do this before changing the temp like described above.

stickstones,

Beezleb

While I have no direct knowledge of your bag I can only offer a surmised idea. Is it possible that the newer extreme is more accurate in reporting a closer vaporization temperature rather than yours.

If this is the case are you able to increase your temperature and receive the same result. Well I guess im saying the same thing as stickstones is hehe.

The vaporization market is still finding itself in my opinion and while some models have proven themselves such as the Extreme the many little adaptions and changes that are made in time tend to make the original models of the vape different than from newer model versions. Sometimes this a good thing and sometimes it is a not so good thing depending on the type of model changes.

I would just crank the temp up a bit and keep doing that until you find your extreme heat limit. If you have never actually tested this and just depended on the digital display I believe you will be in for a rude awakening on how off your digital display actually is.

Beezleb,

max

Out to lunch
I think stickstones is most likely correct. Even with digital display and the same model, you shouldn't assume they're going to heat exactly the same. Also keep in mind that as you move up in temp, vapor gets thicker, but also harsher and with more toxins.

max,

Ven

Praying Mantis
Thanks for the quick replies guys.

I kind of left out a little detail due to it being so uhh, normal for us heh.

Both of us heat our Extremes to max temperature 350 and 250 and let them heat up for 10 minutes each, so unless the heater itself is different, I don't see why it would change anything.

I think you guys might be on to something with the different heat up times though, I'll start going for 10, 12, 14 etc... minutes until I find if it gives any major difference.

Ven,

Auralis

Ven said:
Thanks for the quick replies guys.

I kind of left out a little detail due to it being so uhh, normal for us heh.

Both of us heat our Extremes to max temperature 350 and 250 and let them heat up for 10 minutes each, so unless the heater itself is different, I don't see why it would change anything.

I think you guys might be on to something with the different heat up times though, I'll start going for 10, 12, 14 etc... minutes until I find if it gives any major difference.
Very strange! He claimed that only the heating sensor moved but it clear in your example that there is a difference in heaters. Certainly try a longer heatup time (~20 minutes) to see if that makes a difference. Please post what Arizer replies when you get it.

The version confusion with the Extreme is one of the reasons I've avoided that model.

Auralis,

Ven

Praying Mantis
Thank you for your email.

Regarding the temperature issue - 250 c vs 350 c. We made a slight change in the placement of the heater temperature sensor, we moved the sensor to reflect a more accurate bowl/vaporization temperature shown on the LCD display. As a result the remote control was changed as well to reflect the different temperature read out. All Extremes (new or old) all reach the same temperature.

Here's a quick test you can try -
Turn on your Extreme, set it to 240C (464 F), load the bowl with .5 grams medium/fine ground herbs, fairly dry. Put the bowl on the Extreme then attach the 'mini whip' for blowing balloons, do not attach the balloon yet, let it warm up 5 minutes or so.

(The glass collects the heat really well acting like an oven almost and I think you get the best vapor if you wait 5-10 minutes, if you want to vape right away when you turn it on then start at 250C (482 F) for the first balloon or two, then turn the temp back down after it warms up.)

Now that it's warmed up a little with the remote control turn the fan to setting 3. When you see vapor streaming out of the end of the mini whip attach your balloon.

Alot of factors will effect the vapor amount and density, such as kind of herb in use (different strain produce different amounts/vapor), potency, moisture, how fine a grind you use etc.... all these factors considered will all create different amounts of vapor (some strains produce many bags of vapor and others can produce a couple bags only due to its potency and the other factors mentioned), also different temperatures are required for different herbs/tobaccos used. Again if you want a thick heavier vapor turn the heat up a couple notches and if its too thick then turn your temperature down. Stirring your herbs with the glass stirring tool provided after each bag blown with expose more of the active ingredient thus producing more vapor. Also remember to make sure there is nothing blocking the air flow - make sure the dome screen in the Glass Elbow Adaptor (found on the Mini Whip [for blowing balloons] and the 3 foot whip) is not clogged/dirty as this will effect the proformance of your unit.

Please let me know if you require any other help.

Best Regards,
Debbie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing I didn't really already know/tried, hm... i'll guess i'll just keep playing around

Ven,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Auralis said:
The version confusion with the Extreme is one of the reasons I've avoided that model.
The different versions definitely gunked up the system a little bit. However, I wouldn't shy away from purchasing one now because of it.

In fact, I re-gifted my first gen model and got a new one...and I'm pretty impressed. The unit heats up a tiny bit faster and the button layout on the remote has been changed and is more intuitive. The biggest improvement, imo, is in the manual. I don't want to sound goofy, but good manuals are hard to produce and make a huge difference in the user's experience. This manual may be the best one in our budding industry.

I was reluctant at first to get a new one because I like the old temp readings, but it is not hard to adjust to that.

So from now on I will answer questions using the 3rd Gen temps, since that is what I am using now.

stickstones,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom