Firewood Vaporizer

Puddentain

I’d been thinking about going for a GVB stem and finally pulled the trigger after reading this thread today. I like my HA stem but look forward to not needing the adapter. Good luck to all those looking to snare a FW at tonight’s drop.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thank you I just searched for it and decided to grab one on this recent drop

Nice! Yeah I just saw that his drop already had begun, great stuff, yeah I don't think the standard offer much more cooling per se, just a different experience, I really like the mouthpiece and a little extra length personally, plus the pretty colors!

Terp_Extractor

Nice! Yeah I just saw that his drop already had begun, great stuff, yeah I don't think the standard offer much more cooling per se, just a different experience, I really like the mouthpiece and a little extra length personally, plus the pretty colors!
yea he still has other stems to post up but I didn't have the time today to wait so I just grabbed an orange one. I'll get a custom one down the road if I like it. I appreciate your help and also for sharing your input on glass stems.

do you use the bowl version, capsule or both? I'm thinking of grabbing the capsule set and the capsule plug but only if its worth it I've heard mixed opinions about the capsule system.

Terp_Extractor,

Shit Snacks

yea he still has other stems to post up but I didn't have the time today to wait so I just grabbed an orange one. I'll get a custom one down the road if I like it. I appreciate your help and also for sharing your input on glass stems.

Sounds like a good idea, I really like the orange colors he has too!

do you use the bowl version, capsule or both? I'm thinking of grabbing the capsule set and the capsule plug but only if its worth it I've heard mixed opinions about the capsule system.

I have the capsule version, with three spare chamber capsules and a small roadie stash from Doug's woodery where they seem to fit perfectly (although I could have gotten a fourth to fit in there with them if one is loaded in the FW9 but this way I guess I could have them all outside of it when not currently hitting one, to keep it cleaner) as I did not really want to mess with the stock version capsule caddy or whatever it's called honestly... I also have some ceramic reverse tweezers and the Delta 3D loading tool, although I have not even tried it yet, I've still just been using the one chamber capsule for now although I was close to packing a spare the other day lol

Ultimately it depends on your use style and what you think you might want featurewise, it is a bit involved I suppose, but I think proper care and attention is best for these regardless, and worth the work :tup:

Terp_Extractor

might grab some extra capsules then and the plug as the last capsule system vape I owned was quiet a while back (~6 yrs) and it was the mighty and I really loved the ability to just dump out the capsule and insert a fresh capsule. couldn't find a great solution for capsules on the TM2 as I didn't have great success with the ones I tried

Puddentain

might grab some extra capsules then and the plug as the last capsule system vape I owned was quiet a while back (~6 yrs) and it was the mighty and I really loved the ability to just dump out the capsule and insert a fresh capsule. couldn't find a great solution for capsules on the TM2 as I didn't have great success with the ones I tried
With the sale going on, enjoy the best of both worlds and pick up the bowl kit as well.

PizzaWizard

I got mine yesterday just in time for the holiday. I have this pelican 1050 case that works pretty well for a stash case. I've used the firewood a couple of times and it's definitely got a bit of learning curve. I think I'm going to change the settings so it's 380/400/420 for low/med/high. 340 felt too low for my preference. I like the device the few bowls I have tried though.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I got mine yesterday just in time for the holiday. I have this pelican 1050 case that works pretty well for a stash case. I've used the firewood a couple of times and it's definitely got a bit of learning curve. I think I'm going to change the settings so it's 380/400/420 for low/med/high. 340 felt too low for my preference. I like the device the few bowls I have tried though.

Mine arrived back today for a nice 420 surprise. I had to send it back for adjustments and didn't get to use it until this day. I am impressed with the workmanship and the beautiful wood. After a number of bowls at a few different temps today, I am liking 340F and will try lower. I tend to prefer the lower temps for the flavor, but also for less heat on the throat. When I use my TM2, I'm down below a 2. So my best session today was 340F and used the 14mm wpa to pair with a small J hook. Very tasty. I find you do need to wait beyond the buzz to really heat soak that capsule for the first hit. Otherwise it's a bit wispy at first, but once the capsule is hot then you cruise through the session.

I also have a smaller Pelican case that I was considering. I have an issue with managing flower vapes and the smell of all the equipment. Flower vaping is smelly compared to dabbing. For family reasons, I can't let the smell get through the house so it's a constant practice of keeping things clean and put away. My concern with the Pelican is sealing it up while it's still warm/hot. It takes a minute for the whole vape to cool down, and I was worried about condensation forming in storage. For other flower vapes, I tend to keep a small Rubbermade tote with a loose snap on lid. I throw a few charcoal absorber satchels in there and the setup works well. I may need to start another tote for this vape. I'm already building the accessories and bits and bobs to load it, tamp it and clear it.

Happy 420 everyone! :peace:

PizzaWizard

Shit Snacks

I cleaned my FW9 today and it was pretty simple to just soak the ceramic elbow (I didn't leave them for too long since they weren't that dirty and I did not know how to get the o-ring out safely) and chamber capsule I have been using... I noticed it was more sticky where those two parts meet, so it felt worthwhile even though it wasn't too dirty yet, to get ahead of it seemed a good idea... Anyway it was pretty quick and easy!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Go

Good to know. I ordered the stashlogix bag and I'll let you guys know how it fits.
That one does look good, if it fits. I'm leaving the 14mm wpa attached to my unit so that adds another half inch or more. Plus I have a small Jhook that I'd like to store with it.

They also make a larger model.

PizzaWizard

I'm really liking these dhgate j-hooks with the fw9. Using a silicone 14-18mm adapter makes a solid connection.

PizzaWizard

That one does look good, if it fits. I'm leaving the 14mm wpa attached to my unit so that adds another half inch or more. Plus I have a small Jhook that I'd like to store with it.

I just got it today. The bag is just slightly too small to fit the fw9 with the wpa attached. If you don't mind removing the wpa it fits well though. It would probably be a tight fit with that jhook in there as well.

delta hotel

I actually quite like the case. Makes for nice portable little kit. It comes with a poker tool you can store in the tag, and I found you can also put a scoop in there as well.

I might pick one of these up, the zipper on my old little hard case is starting to look rough and it looks like it all fits natively fine.

Top Bottom