Firewood Vaporizer

jbg87

It didn’t go up exactly at 8. I was on. Capsule version sold out first tho….I wasn’t fast enough, was trying to get everything for the biggest discount the screens also sold out pretty fast.

golfer

Hi all! Long time lurker and first time poster. I received a bowl version firewood 9 a couple weeks ago and honestly haven't used it yet. Its a beautiful device and I've cleaned it and applied mineral oil but when doing a burn off it constantly lets out visible vapor/smoke. Do others have this or does it eventually go away? I was super excited to use it and wanted to order the capsule insert and the extra capsule caddy especially now that they are on sale (I ordered right before the sale) but this has kinda turned me off. I'm hoping it eventually goes away so I can start enjoying how it functions instead of just how good it looks.

Puddentain

Hi all! Long time lurker and first time poster. I received a bowl version firewood 9 a couple weeks ago and honestly haven't used it yet. Its a beautiful device and I've cleaned it and applied mineral oil but when doing a burn off it constantly lets out visible vapor/smoke. Do others have this or does it eventually go away? I was super excited to use it and wanted to order the capsule insert and the extra capsule caddy especially now that they are on sale (I ordered right before the sale) but this has kinda turned me off. I'm hoping it eventually goes away so I can start enjoying how it functions instead of just how good it looks.
So, you’re doing a burn off cycle without material, right? I didn’t notice much when I first did one (bowl option as well). How did you do your initial cleaning? Did you do anything to the oven itself or get any mineral oil near the coils? I would stick with it, I think you’ll be happy.

Puddentain,

Duba

Accessory Maker
Congratulations to the new owners and to those who will become owners!
I use mine every day, especially outdoors (always protected), thanks to the capsule set, which is very useful in my daily routine.
IMG-20240406-192449.jpg
IMG_20240322_114214.jpg

Last edited:
I need protection for the ceramic bits that keep shattering on my garage floor.

Just got two more elbow connectors from Mark, I’ll be less likely to drop them if I have spares, right? Right??

Reminds me of the first two weeks with the brand new Solo 2, dropped and broke five glass stems.

I also bought a rubber mat for the garage floor.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I need protection for the ceramic bits that keep shattering on my garage floor.

Just got two more elbow connectors from Mark, I’ll be less likely to drop them if I have spares, right? Right??

Reminds me of the first two weeks with the brand new Solo 2, dropped and broke five glass stems.

I also bought a rubber mat for the garage floor.

Yeah if it is a consistent problem for you I think there are a few solutions haha I wouldn't think the ceramic would break so easily though, or that there would be a reason to remove the elbow connector very often or to do it in a space like that :shrug:

golfer

So, you’re doing a burn off cycle without material, right? I didn’t notice much when I first did one (bowl option as well). How did you do your initial cleaning? Did you do anything to the oven itself or get any mineral oil near the coils? I would stick with it, I think you’ll be happy.
That's good news for me at least if you say you didn't notice it on yours. Hopefully that means I can eventually get mine to that state. And correct, burn off without any material. I started with just glob mops to clean up the visible sawdust but then added a tiny bit of mineral oil to help clean the groove for the bowl. I never actually touched the heating coils at all with anything. I mainly use a tm2 and since those aren't easily accessible I guess I just assumed I should also leave them alone on this device also.

It seems like a not normal amount of vapor and enough to get me to not use it if I can't get it to stop. Its a shame because it really is a beautiful vape and I want to love it. I spent the first week with it just trying to clean it up and applying a couple coats of mineral oil. In hindsight I hope its not just excess oil burning off because I thought I was super careful with it and wiped off the excess oil after applying. I used the same oil for my tm2 and a bunch of other random mostly kitchen related items so I like to think I'm fairly competent with it.

I've used up half a charge of a brand new p30b just doing burn offs and still see a fair amount of vapor with nothing in the chamber. I"ll probably go through another charge and hope that it eventually goes away. I also just thought I might try a quick blast with an air can in case its some sawdust or something stuck down in the coil. Part of the reason I spent so much time cleaning it before even turning it on was because of how much sawdust I saw just overall on the device. Its funny that typing this comment just gave me a few more ideas to try.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Have a FW7. Have a FW9 incoming tmw from the sale. Anyone go form one to other and thoughts on pros and cons? I like the built in charging as a pro.

Yeah I've kept my FW7s essentially fused to WPA (one of them, my original beta, actually is lol) for home use through little bubs and hooks, however FW9 is really nice, battery swaps are very easy, have not used the onboard charging, but I am about ready for a clean of the ceramic which is much more appealing now... With the removable chamber capsules :tup:

Pasoa2020

Yeah I've kept my FW7s essentially fused to WPA (one of them, my original beta, actually is lol) for home use through little bubs and hooks, however FW9 is really nice, battery swaps are very easy, have not used the onboard charging, but I am about ready for a clean of the ceramic which is much more appealing now... With the removable chamber capsules :tup:
I just used my FW7. It’s an amazing piece of craftsmanship that hits in all the right ways. And the wpa is genius. I can’t imagine the FW9 exceeds it. But wanted to find out.

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Have a FW7. Have a FW9 incoming tmw from the sale. Anyone go form one to other and thoughts on pros and cons? I like the built in charging as a pro.
I have both as well and they both scratch similar but distinct itches. My FW7 runs hotter and has noticeably freer airflow so I usually use it when I want a quick and simple session. My FW9 extracts a bit slower and has a tighter draw but as a result the experience feels a bit more “intentional” if that makes sense.

In my usage the 9’s main pros are the capsules and the ability to fully disassemble the air path, and main cons are the airflow restriction and how if you carry a filled capsule in the oven you can end up with little bits of herb that escape the capsule and combust on the heating element.

The 7’s main pros are simplicity and quick extraction, but loses out on flavour since I’ve combusted accidentally a few times and can’t really get the taste out.

delta hotel

I went from the FW7, which I thought was near perfect, to the FW9 primarily for the USB-C charging. I had to adjust the way I pack and hit the FW9, but after getting used to it I find it just as effective. At the same temp, my material comes out a little lighter, but both are still spent.

Pasoa2020

I went from the FW7, which I thought was near perfect, to the FW9 primarily for the USB-C charging. I had to adjust the way I pack and hit the FW9, but after getting used to it I find it just as effective. At the same temp, my material comes out a little lighter, but both are still spent.
I presume the default temps are the same? I always use the 2nd and never changed the temp settings.

Pasoa2020,

Pasoa2020

Just received the FW9

Question - is it normal for the glass mouth piece to slightly stick out even when fully retracted? The FW7 it sits flush on the FW9 it sticks out a little which isn’t great.

2nd question - in the FW7 when sliding the mouth piece out, the small glass that connects the dimpled glass to the oven has a “lip” that prevents the glass from completely sliding out.

The FW9 all in 1 piece does NOT have this in my unit so I keep sliding the mouth piece completely out of the oven which isn’t ideal.

3rd question - the FW7 glass mouth piece doesn’t really have the ability to wiggle around within the unit. The FW9 can rattle back and forth. Normal?

Puddentain

I don’t have a FW7, so I can only answer in light of my FW9. Fully retracted, the mouthpiece on mine does extend slightly, maybe a millimeter or two. There’s no detent for the mouthpiece or locking system that engages like the WPA does, so you can slide it out of the oven. I find this more pronounced with the mouthpiece adapter vs the native stem. In either case, a little usage tends to lend a little “stickyness” that helps a bit, but I’ve never worried that the stem would slip out. I’ve read that some folks have added a little extra cushioning to the stem opening to address the rattle. Again, I find it more pronounced with third party stems vs the native stem.

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Just received the FW9

Question - is it normal for the glass mouth piece to slightly stick out even when fully retracted? The FW7 it sits flush on the FW9 it sticks out a little which isn’t great.
Mine sticks out slightly, looks like it was designed for a tiny protrusion.

2nd question - in the FW7 when sliding the mouth piece out, the small glass that connects the dimpled glass to the oven has a “lip” that prevents the glass from completely sliding out.

The FW9 all in 1 piece does NOT have this in my unit so I keep sliding the mouth piece completely out of the oven which isn’t ideal.
Mine doesn’t have a lip either, but the o ring in the oven’s neck tightens up pretty quickly and holds securely. I do miss the little lip on the fw7 stem but it’s not much of an issue after a few sessions .

3rd question - the FW7 glass mouth piece doesn’t really have the ability to wiggle around within the unit. The FW9 can rattle back and forth. Normal?
Mine came with some little white felt squares that I had to put in myself. My 7 came with them pre installed and they also increase friction which helps keep the mouthpiece from overly extending easily

brucepatty

My firewood came a day earlier before my batteries got in so I’ve been running around town and calling spots to see if they have any 18650’s. The amount of “huh??” And “what the heck is that?” Is wild, you would’ve thought I invented a new power source. Anyways just ranting while I stare at my new device longingly….

BreadStick

My firewood came a day earlier before my batteries got in so I’ve been running around town and calling spots to see if they have any 18650’s. The amount of “huh??” And “what the heck is that?” Is wild, you would’ve thought I invented a new power source. Anyways just ranting while I stare at my new device longingly….
Have you tried going to an ecig shop? They should have 18650s if they sell box mods!

Terp_Extractor

It’s here. Batts are charging. The thing is in a million pieces for cleaning. What a unique and sleek device.

I’m kinda nervous to use it 😬 haha I dono why

Good luck to everyone else on their first go
Congrats to both of you. Mine says its not here until monday 🥲.... im in California. I hope you're enjoying it

Also does anyone have a gvb "block" stem. Does it cool the vapor significantly more then the stock stem?

nicknobody

Congrats to both of you. Mine says its not here until monday 🥲.... im in California. I hope you're enjoying it

Also does anyone have a gvb "block" stem. Does it cool the vapor significantly more then the stock stem?
I don’t have a GVB fw stem but my glass beaded stems for my logs and glass bead hooks from GVB cool so well. Much better than spikes alone

I’m just outside of Los Angeles in the Pasadena area how about you?

First impressions are wow. On demand is really cool. Lots of power in this small device. I’m pretty sensitive to wood signatures so I hope it mellows out as I’m anticipating. Excellent flavor otherwise but at those higher temps the wood is more pronounced

I also had a bit of visible vapor before use. Not the most comforting.

Terp_Extractor

I don’t have a GVB fw stem but my glass beaded stems for my logs and glass bead hooks from GVB cool so well. Much better than spikes alone

I’m just outside of Los Angeles in the Pasadena area how about you?

First impressions are wow. On demand is really cool. Lots of power in this small device. I’m pretty sensitive to wood signatures so I hope it mellows out as I’m anticipating. Excellent flavor otherwise but at those higher temps the wood is more pronounced

I also had a bit of visible vapor before use. Not the most comforting.
Im by Sacramento but mine still says it's still in transit but I was in to much of a hurry checking out that I'm assuming I clicked on ground shipping instead of priority. either way I'm excited in getting it delivered on Monday. I just picked up a gvb stem for it. I was going to go with high artisan stem as that's what I have on my TM2 but his FW stems need the 3rd party stem adapter and gvb dont

and that bit of vapor for sure is caused by the hybrid heating not most comforting but at least you know you'll be getting vapor the first seconds you inhale

Terp_Extractor,
Reactions: nicknobody
Top Bottom