Firewood Vaporizer

ezpz

I got my fw7 only 12 days ago. So I'm still in the honeymoon stage. But I gotta admit, this relationship is encountering a mild speedbump. The dreaded stuck battery/bowl lid.
I always dump my load right after I'm done with my clean-up hit. I've also cleaned all ceramic parts twice. Still gets stuck. I rubbed some beeswax on the rails of the lid, and for awhile, it worked gr8. After a couple bowls, stuck again. If anyone has a good solution to lubricate the rails, I'm all ears.
Other than that, this thing rocks. I like to cook my herb about 10 seconds after ready buzz before inhaling. Milks my piece instantly. Then leaves me annihilated. 😎

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I got my fw7 only 12 days ago. So I'm still in the honeymoon stage. But I gotta admit, this relationship is encountering a mild speedbump. The dreaded stuck battery/bowl lid.
I always dump my load right after I'm done with my clean-up hit. I've also cleaned all ceramic parts twice. Still gets stuck. I rubbed some beeswax on the rails of the lid, and for awhile, it worked gr8. After a couple bowls, stuck again. If anyone has a good solution to lubricate the rails, I'm all ears.
Other than that, this thing rocks. I like to cook my herb about 10 seconds after ready buzz before inhaling. Milks my piece instantly. Then leaves me annihilated. 😎

Hmm if you are letting it go 10 seconds after the buzz, there could be quite a bit of vapor, that is making the ceramic stick a little more every time you try to open it afterwards...?

friedrich

Little-Known Member
The dreaded stuck battery/bowl lid.
Some of my batteries have thicker wraps than others. With these I've learned to be careful putting on the lid, because if it doesn't go on easily, it won't come off easily, either. In that case I give the battery a slight turn, until the lid does slide smoothly in and out. Usually only takes one or two little nudges. Thus my lid hasn't gotten stuck again; however, these batteries can still be difficult to pull out.

Vaporware

At this point if I want to make sure I get a lot of vapor fast I just bump up the temp rather than letting vapor build up inside. I think it should help to keep it cleaner longer.

I also blow the load out immediately after my last hit and that does help keep the chamber and screen cleaner. It’s very easy to get out at that point too. :)

Loading is still mildly annoying compared to some others, but using a VapCap to collect the flower (scooping, pressing and twisting or inhaling) or grinding straight into the FW7 if possible (I have a Chewy 2 that fits the bowl pretty well) isn’t bad. At home I can just carefully dump or scoop something straight from any small container.

I think this is my largest (and still minor) issue on the usability front. I have stuff that’s easier to load, but a lot of the options out there aren’t any better and a lot of them are worse.

Edit: @friedrich The good news is it should loosen up a bit as you use it. Mine was ridiculously tight; so tight it ripped a battery wrap or two on the + side. It’s fine after a couple of months of light/moderate use. :)

west-elec

Good point. I might have to change my technique. I guess it'll be testing time again. Yay! 👍
If you are opening the slide while it is still hot then it is probably not resin buildup making it tight. If it was better when you lubricated the slides it must not be battery (I assume its still tight with no battery fitted).
You could sand the wood of the lid lightly to improve the clearance. Try to work out where it is tight, probably the side of the lid body rather than the recessed slot. Use the finest sandpaper you can get.
To lubricate use straight mineral oil. Less viscous than beeswax so should be more slippery.

ezpz

Thanks for all the input everyone.
Not the battery. Lid gets stuck without the battery.
Its not resin build up. It actually got worse after an iso swabbing. Stuck to the point where I had to pull it apart with my elbows out (lid in one hand and vape in the other).
But I think the problem is with the strength of the spring behind the ceramic lid. That ceramic plate constantly rubs the end of the wood. Its slowly and ever so slightly, shaving the end down. Not sure how well it will show up in this pic though.

west-elec

Aha, gotcha. Does the ceramic lid flex in a millimetre or so if you press on it? I assume the 'springs' underneath are just 4 little circles of silicone sitting in little drilled recess holes, like the mouthpiece ceramic.
If it doesn't move in easily you may have gunked it up underneath when you cleaned it. But hard to imagine with only 12 days usage.
Might be worth reaching out to Marc, he will fix you up.

west-elec,
Reactions: ezpz

ezpz

😁 something popped in my head while vaping a bowl. 😅 I used to chuckle at people who post gushing about how great their vaporizer is. And then a few posts later, they sending it in for repair. 😂 Ain't Karma a bitch.

@west-elec,
Not sure what's under the ceramic plate, but it definitely has a more spring like resistance than the mouthpiece ceramic part. I can push it in further and it springs right back up when released.

ezpz,
  • Haha
Reactions: dimmusp

west-elec

😂 Ain't Karma a bitch.

@west-elec,
Not sure what's under the ceramic plate, but it definitely has a more spring like resistance than the mouthpiece ceramic part. I can push it in further and it springs right back up when released.
Yeah that sounds normal so maybe your ceramic isn't sitting right. It should sit just slightly proud of the wood surround and the tapered front edge should slip up over the wooden lip of the body. Is the little wooden piece that locks the ceramic in place sitting flat? Can you post a pic showing the lid ceramic seating?

west-elec,

ezpz

Last edited:
ezpz,
  • Sad
Reactions: dimmusp

west-elec

Look like it to me. Mines definitely protrudes from the wood while yours looks flush. I guess I'll be emailing Marc shortly. Was it you that asked "how long does a honeymoon last?" 13 days. 😁 Thanks btw.
I am sure plenty of people discover something not right during their honeymoon, your problem is easier fixed.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Looks like it to me. Mines definitely protrudes from the wood while yours looks flush. I guess I'll be emailing Marc shortly. Was it you that asked "how long does a honeymoon last?" 13 days. 😁 Thanks btw.
I don’t think there is any problem with how your lid is sitting. Looks the exact same as mine, it rubs the wood 😉 the same way too. Things expand when they are hot, oil also cools and solidifies. Having a longer warmup without taking a hit will lead to more buildup on the lid and top of oven, I rub mine with my shirt every time I open it. Sometimes I have to dampen my thumb slightly to open the lid, but that only cuz my hands are so dry. A bit of pressure on the top and it slides out just fine

Duba

Accessory Maker
What about the drop this sunday? Did I miss it? We are few hours after "9PM est" and it's already sold out.

Duba,

EZ Wind

Lost Sailor
The most recent restock was yesterday evening (Sunday) at 9pm EST. As of now, the FW website shows the next restock will again happen on Sunday evening at 9pm EST. Better not sleep on it -- it sold out in minutes last night.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
@ezpz
Your lid is ok...
I think :myday: ... you must sand the wood in your fw7 body until it stay flat with the ceramic.

PXL-20210222-214740798.jpg

ezpz

I don’t think there is any problem with how your lid is sitting. Looks the exact same as mine, it rubs the wood 😉 the same way too. Things expand when they are hot,
😂 this thread must be filled with accidental double entendre. Always hilarious.
@ezpz
Your lid is ok...
I think :myday: ... you must sand the wood in your fw7 body until it stay flat with the ceramic.

PXL-20210222-214740798.jpg
Thanks for the input. I'm glad I didn't email Marc yet. I know he is extremely busy right now.

So I guess the honeymoon continues...... 👍

Top Bottom