Firewood Vaporizer

Tolamang

Did I miss the drop this morning? The price and pics updated to reflect he's including the green cooling stem in the Main package now and this happened last night like 2am. Still saying sold out and I'm not sure if I missed it or I'm super early and getting anxious lol

Edit: 8am EST on the dot it's restocked haha I can finally go to sleep. Grab em while you can!!

Last edited:

Jah75

Did I miss the drop this morning? The price and pics updated to reflect he's including the green cooling stem in the Main package now and this happened last night like 2am. Still saying sold out and I'm not sure if I missed it or I'm super early and getting anxious lol

Edit: 8am EST on the dot it's restocked haha I can finally go to sleep. Grab em while you can!!
Congrats!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hahaha thank you! I know I probably sound like a fool I was just so excited to grab my second one :)

To us you sound like a crafty consumer! ;)

iZ73j2Q.jpg

ezpz

This Valentine's day, I got slice of heaven.
For I've found a new love, my Fw7.
From the moment I saw you, I thought, "Damn, you look good."
That beautiful grain on that unfinished wood.
But beauty's only skin, on any vaporizer.
Can you treat me as good as my current daily driver?
Now............ which battery to choose?
@Shit Snacks, thanks for the tip on the Hg2s.
Aesthetically the brown LG HE2 match the wood look nicely and they are narrower than the Sony VTC6s
I think you might be a little confused.
I'm guessing you meant to say Hg2.
But regardless, I know exactly what you mean.
From now on, only brown batts may accessorize this Queen.
As I close the batt lid, on my face, a huge grin.
And I calmly shout out, "Let the testing begin!"
A half packed bowl of some good Gorilla Glue.
Mated with my Mobius, preset temp 2.
After the ready buzz, maybe 10 seconds or less,
I start my slow medium draw, I find that works best.
After a massive cloud, I can honestly say,
Its smooooooooooooth...... just like butter babay!
Since that day, I never will forget.
How good you made me feel, after that first hit.
You're second to none, to say the least.
You're a combination of both Beauty and Beast.
So just one more thing that I'd like to say,
Thank you to Marc, and to all,
"Happy Valentine's Day!"

Jah75

This Valentine's day, I got slice of heaven.
For I've found a new love, my Fw7.
From the moment I saw you, I thought, "Damn, you look good."
That beautiful grain on that unfinished wood.
But beauty's only skin, on any vaporizer.
Can you treat me as good as my current daily driver?
Now............ which battery to choose?
@Shit Snacks, thanks for the tip on the Hg2s.

I think you might be a little confused.
I'm guessing you meant to say Hg2.
But regardless, I know exactly what you mean.
From now on, only brown batts may accessorize this Queen.
As I close the batt lid, on my face, a huge grin.
And I calmly shout out, "Let the testing begin!"
A half packed bowl of some good Gorilla Glue.
Mated with my Mobius, preset temp 2.
After the ready buzz, maybe 10 seconds or less,
I start my slow medium draw, I find that works best.
After a massive cloud, I can honestly say,
Its smooooooooooooth...... just like butter babay!
Since that day, I never will forget.
How good you made me feel, after that first hit.
You're second to none, to say the least.
You're a combination of both Beauty and Beast.
So just one more thing that I'd like to say,
Thank you to Marc, and to all,
"Happy Valentine's Day!"
Is it wrong that the voice that read this in my head was Muhammad Ali?

EZ Wind

Lost Sailor
Looks like starting with this past Saturday's re-stock Marc has bumped the price to $225 (US) and is now including the green Hula XL stem. I really like Marc's decision to go with a weekly re-stock rather than try to manage a waiting list that could stretch out to weeks or months long.

EZ Wind

Lost Sailor
Anybody know about how many FW7's are made per week? Just curious -- It seems that demand is going up -- this week's stock sold out in less than 24 hours. I ordered my second one on Saturday just after 8am. I love my first one so much I had to get a spare!

LooseCucumber

I've had my FW7 probably 6 or 7 weeks now and I gotta say this thing rocks. FAT hits. Took some practice to learn, but the performance is great. Feels good in the hand too. Granted it's a different beast than the Mighty, but I find myself reaching for this vape much more often. I pack my bowl just below the intake holes and temp step my bowls. Two rips on low, 2 on medium and one on high to finish. I stir and find it works much better when stirring, but it seems I pack bigger bowls than some on here who prefer to microdose with FW7. This is well worth $250 imo

Shit Snacks

I've had my FW7 probably 6 or 7 weeks now and I gotta say this thing rocks. FAT hits. Took some practice to learn, but the performance is great. Feels good in the hand too. Granted it's a different beast than the Mighty, but I find myself reaching for this vape much more often. I pack my bowl just below the intake holes and temp step my bowls. Two rips on low, 2 on medium and one on high to finish. I stir and find it works much better when stirring, but it seems I pack bigger bowls than some on here who prefer to microdose with FW7. This is well worth $250 imo

Yes but I am surprised how few hits you are taking off of such large bowls... I guess it can extract quick though, moving to the upper temps, I milk level one the most! :D

Jah75

Yes but I am surprised how few hits you are taking off of such large bowls... I guess it can extract quick though, moving to the upper temps, I milk level one the most! :D
Same here, I get about that same number of hits, but l only pack ahalf bowl at a time. I don't temp step-so that might contribute, I start and end at 390°

EZ Wind

Lost Sailor
Maybe I'm micro dosing and don't even know it -- I've never weighed a load but I'm using barely a little more than enough herb to cover the screen. I temp step also, using the factory preset temps. Two or three long 15-20 second native pulls on temp one, then two or three more through water on temp two. Sometimes I'll fire one last water hit on temp three but that's usually more roasty than I like it. I get consistently even medium brown ABV with no stirring. I'm conditioned to take very long steady draws from my MFLB and Firefly days -- I haven't tried sipping or puffing with the FW7.

LooseCucumber

Admittedly, I'm a bit of a flavor chaser. But you may be right, I'll have to do more testing. My technique may need some work as well in regards to draw speed (this is my first FW device). I use it dry with the cooling stem so I don't have the benefit of seeing it milk glass.

Shit Snacks

Admittedly, I'm a bit of a flavor chaser. But you may be right, I'll have to do more testing. My technique may need some work as well in regards to draw speed (this is my first FW device). I use it dry with the cooling stem so I don't have the benefit of seeing it milk glass.

Yeah I am using it the same way, but with O'Connell inception stem, I also like long slow draws and tend to do flavor chase. That is why I ride the lowest setting, it sort of has a natural temp step to it as you go... Also you should try loading half as much next time, you may be pleasantly surprised...

Tolamang

Sometimes I'll have an issue where a load will be kind of roasted and still green but still not spent. From this point on, Even in temp 2 or three, it will heat up and char/brown the abv but I'll get little to no vapor and sometimes there's still some tiny, tiny green spots. To eliminate this do I pack less, tamp lighter, and adjust draw speed? Or could it be some batteries are stronger or newer than others and work better with more consistent results? It doesn't happen all the time.

Tolamang,

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Sometimes I'll have an issue where a load will be kind of roasted and still green but still not spent. From this point on, Even in temp 2 or three, it will heat up and char/brown the abv but I'll get little to no vapor and sometimes there's still some tiny, tiny green spots. To eliminate this do I pack less, tamp lighter, and adjust draw speed? Or could it be some batteries are stronger or newer than others and work better with more consistent results? It doesn't happen all the time.
Could be how fine a grind is being used, try grinding it up more.

Arawfish,

boon

I've this issue too with an old /weak battery and when i was not tamping thé load enough. This vape have a little lurning curve. Now i really enjoy this vape. Sometimes i load just to cover the screen and hit it dry with temp stepping. Or i can load until the oven holes and take fat bong rip.
I really love this vape.

Vaporware

It doesn’t have to be dark to be spent! ;)

If you think whatever’s left is worth trying to vaporize that’s fine, but I’d rather use it for topicals or even not use it at all than spend all the time and effort to get bad tasting weak hits of whatever didn’t come out in earlier draws.

Also, the more convection heat you bring into the equation the lighter your AVB will probably be. If you start your draws early or don’t draw very slow you should expect lighter AVB, especially on lower temp settings.

With the FlowerPot for example, at least the way I use it my AVB is almost always lighter than anything from a VapCap (which is mostly conduction), but if I stick it in a VC and heat it I won’t get much if anything out and it won’t be worth the effort to me.

If you guys can nail down a way to consistently get even, dark AVB though, the people who care will be happy to hear it. Good luck! :science:

Shit Snacks

Yeah many things to try, I would suggest loading less, and trying to get a consistent medium fine grind, like without any bigger uneven chunks... Pack tight, but not too tight, start with maybe a half full chamber at most... And try to keep your draw consistent, if you are using low temp settings a long slow draw is very rewarding, but if you are using upper temp settings you will probably want shorter faster hits... Battery would be the last thing I'd worry about in this case?

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Not a whole lot of action in the thread these days, I can only assume it’s because everyone is too busy enjoying the firewood.

I know I certainly am. Having put mine through it’s paces the past couple months that I’ve owned it, I can safely say this is my favourite (so far) vape to ever grace my hands. I’m curious what the FW8 will bring to the table, but that’s a ways down the road yet.

pretty cool to see all the love this ones been getting on the vaporents sub, too. Love seeing all the FW’s in different settings and parts of the world.

Vaporware

Yeah, the FW7 is still probably my most used device since it came in, and it’s got some tough competition!

I can keep it in my pocket without it being too bulky/heavy or otherwise making me worry about it, so it’s often easier to just pull it out than to go mess with something else, and while it can’t match the extraction levels of a high powered desktop at the top end, I think it does a great job for a portable and can deliver more than I need or even want most of the time. :)

I’m just lurking because activity in the thread’s been a little low and I’m not ready to give another round of recommendations or anything when I feel like my first attempt missed the mark a bit...I had been hoping to kick off a conversation where other people showed me a better way, but I’ve been working it out on my own.

All I’ll say about that for now is I still think you should inhale past the cool down vibration if you’re stopping your session after that hit, and I was clearly too cautious about starting a draw early.

Unlike a lot of pure convection devices that give better results if you let them sit and build up a bit of vapor at temperature before drawing, I think the FW7 works well starting at or even a bit before the at-temp vibration.

I should also mention that the spring and wood have loosened up a bit and I’m using Molicel P26As and a Sony VTC6 without having to resort to ribbons or other ways of removing them. Just pop them in and out as intended. :)

I wonder what the FW8 is going to offer too. I suspect with the recent FW7 change it’s going to go with a cooling stem by default, and I hope that it attaches in a way that doesn’t require the little silicon tubing, etc. Maybe something more akin to the first version of the 7 but with a cooling stem that fits in/on the ceramic part at the bottom if it’s still a similar design. The little silicon tubing pieces and stuff that make the 7’s design change work are probably okay here, but I think it would look and feel better and be easier to clean if that bit was changed.

Ideally I’d also like to see a completely isolated air path, but I don’t mean to set off another round of complaints by mentioning it. With the current design at least, it would be hard to achieve.

Other than a couple of little things like that that could be improved I‘m pretty happy with the design and I’m glad it seems to be getting some of the attention it should even if the thread’s a little slow right now. The site is still consistently selling out when more are posted, so I think it’s doing well. :)

Top Bottom