Firewood Vaporizer

rozroz

Weighing in here. IMO, the cooling unit actually makes the device more difficult to use while on the go. It's nice if sitting or standing still, but I find that the mouthpiece's small opening causes me to "need air" while walking and doesn't allow me to take a long enough drag. For some reason, the regular mouthpiece's wider opening allows for easier "sipping" while on the move in my case, but YMMV.

Finding that since a solid hit from the FW4 requires a 10-15 second pull, it may not be the most ideal vape out there right now for "on the move" use.

Hmm..
That's interesting.
But it probably gets too hot.

rozroz,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Weighing in here. IMO, the cooling unit actually makes the device more difficult to use while on the go. It's nice if sitting or standing still, but I find that the mouthpiece's small opening causes me to "need air" while walking and doesn't allow me to take a long enough drag. For some reason, the regular mouthpiece's wider opening allows for easier "sipping" while on the move in my case, but YMMV.

Finding that since a solid hit from the FW4 requires a 10-15 second pull, it may not be the most ideal vape out there right now for "on the move" use.
I have been using with oil primarily for the past couple weeks but I suggest trying shorter puffs. I find 5 seconds of inhaling results with a pretty good amount of vapor especially if you are around others or aren't trying to blow huge clouds but very visible vapor.

I normally just puff on my Firewood if I'm not trying to do quick or heavy extractions.

rosedale

yea i know,
i meant is it USABLE without it?
what's the differences?
what's the purpose of it being separated?

Opinions may vary on this but I have the cooling unit and I find that it is not necessary. I also think it's important to know how you are going to use it. I have a log that takes care of my home use, so my firewood is almost always used on the go. When I am out, I prefer to have the smaller form factor and additional stealth that comes without the cooling unit, so I haven't been using it. I also use it at a lower temp so the heat is not a problem. If I used it more at home and/or liked big clouds, I would likely always use the cooling unit.

rozroz

Opinions may vary on this but I have the cooling unit and I find that it is not necessary. I also think it's important to know how you are going to use it. I have a log that takes care of my home use, so my firewood is almost always used on the go. When I am out, I prefer to have the smaller form factor and additional stealth that comes without the cooling unit, so I haven't been using it. I also use it at a lower temp so the heat is not a problem. If I used it more at home and/or liked big clouds, I would likely always use the cooling unit.

Good to know because i always use micro doses on 374 max

rozroz,

thevapester

Ordered the unfinished version, tried it last night, ya it works haha. One thing that was annoying was that on my first bowl the capsule's screen turned sideways somehow (maybe drawing too hard or it was in too loosely) and my herb fell onto the heating element. I'm thinking of sticking a screen on top/over the heating element just in case.

I'm planning on woodburning some art and stuff ok it before I sand and finish it, I'll post pics. Overall love it, it's awesome!

bryn987

Just got an email from Marc about availability:

I am currently working through an email waitlist for the initial set of orders. That list will be done in a little over a week, then batches will start showing up online.

While I wait for the item to be restocked, is there a general consensus here on the best battery and external charger?

https://www.amazon.com/LG-HG2-18650...qid=1478969541&sr=8-17&keywords=18650+battery
https://www.amazon.com/NiteCore-i2-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MNWFP4G6K72022MXPVVE

Looking at these for $30

Last edited by a moderator:

BadDog No

Thanks for sharing the update from Marc!
The Lg2's are standard and great if a bit overpriced on Amazon. 25r's are much cheaper and almost as good. There's also a hard to find Sony that have even more juice. Just be careful you don't buy crap and you should be fine.
I like a digital display for a few bucks more. Mine has worked flawlessly through near daily use for 6 months but YMMV...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LCHICAU?psc=1

BadDog No,

thevapester

I bought my external charger that also doubles as a battery bank and two 18650s for about $20 with shipping from imrbatteries.com. I've heard that you can get knock offs from Amazon, or rather shady sellers there.

thevapester,
Reactions: BadDog No

BadDog No

I bought my external charger that also doubles as a battery bank and two 18650s for about $20 with shipping from imrbatteries.com. I've heard that you can get knock offs from Amazon, or rather shady sellers there.

Could be. I'm an Amazon prime member and I stick to "prime" merchandise partly for the free shipping, but also for just a tiny bit more assurance of quality. Some of the Amazon links to external sites though look shady. imrbatteries looks like a great source. Happy vapin'!

bryn987

can you link what you bought?

bryn987,

Office_Printer

Be careful on Amazon. There are a lot of counterfeit batteries out there. Recently there have been many new fake HG2's appearing. Please buy form a trusted vendor. Illumn or IMRBatteries are good choices.

Office_Printer,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
13150901_1252419491452464_1288001831_n.jpg

Check out post #2697 in this thread for battery references!

ZC

Could be. I'm an Amazon prime member and I stick to "prime" merchandise partly for the free shipping, but also for just a tiny bit more assurance of quality. Some of the Amazon links to external sites though look shady. imrbatteries looks like a great source. Happy vapin'!

"Prime" doesn't protect you or guarantee quality. All it means is that the seller shipped the merch to amazon and amazon delivers it to you. The seller for those batteries is still NOT amazon and you have no gaurantee that they are legit batteries.

If you want to make sure something's actually being sold by amazon, make sure it says "Shipped and sold by amazon.com". But even then, I'd be cautious and buy batteries from places like Illumn and IMRbatteries.

Vapor Loop

I also found out the Hopper silicone slides rite over the capsule for water or shorter path than cooling unit use. I really like this one so far, But more testing is needed it's been under two weeks for me

Why do so many of yall use Amazon instead of eBay? I stopped use of Amazon after they stopped selling Vaporizers, And since eBay has gone on to have buyer protection at no extra charge. I know for a fact it work's as well because i had to make a claim, It was a $60 Arizer Eq didn't show and got full payment back no problem, And you say Amazon has no buyer protection still even for those that have prime? If so i will for now on call them..... Scamazon. :lol:

BadDog No

Oh no; say it ain't so! Amazon doesn't actually vet all their Prime merchandise? I'm shocked sir, shocked and dismayed. Still the benefits of "one click" for the truly indolent means I will not soon be abandoning my "wish list". ;) Thanks for the heads up though.

polopo54

Hello I'm currently saving up for one of those beauties and have a quick question - the mouthpiece holder which holds 3 mouthpieces comes and holds 3 capsules as well? Or is it just for holding the mouthpiece and I need to purchase capsules separately? Didn't see it being taken out of the holder anywhere yet. Happy toking everyone!

polopo54,
Top Bottom