Firewood Vaporizer

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
@JJ420 Try starting your maple on 3 then when you start getting vapor, then step the temp down to 1 or 2 or whatever you normally like to start at.
I do that often and it works well for me. I did raise the temp hack to 3.
Maybe this might help.

Hi Doc :wave:
does this help the heater not go off under 20 secs? I'm just trying to understand, if it's a general recommendation from you or if this is related to the reported salience (/w walnut one)

Thanks man! :)

theborn

I am starting to think my Maple Unit has a faulty heater though. Why? The coil stops glowing after only about three seconds after the initial pull to kick it on. Still, it does seem to stay glowing as long as you're drawing from the unit. Despite this it still got me super vaked earlier today.

My Walnut unit is a real gem though... thing operates flawlessly and the coil will remain glowing for 20 seconds like it should. note: I just tested it with glass and stoked it like normal and the results were amazing every time. So the unit does in fact act like it should even though the heating element acts a little different than my walnut unit.

The abv the FW3 produces is damn near perfect. Despite getting some really nice clouds, the duff is more really dark gold than brown in color. Jeez and it is really, really evenly roasted!

Just tried this vaporizer out with a bong.. Holy Sheeesh!! The mouthpiece mated snugly into a 14mm showerhead downstem. Stoked the unit for about five seconds at the fourth setting and began to easily and instantly milk a Jake C. vortex over and over again! The FW3's efficiency gets taken even further this way. 3 fat milked hits off just a 1/4 capsule's worth, ground coarse and packed down with a light tamp. Very intense!! :rant::o

I'll have mine this afternoon :D. Can't front you guys got me super excited. I'm hoping last night was my last blunt for a while.

Any must have aaccessories,or things I should do first before trying it out?

Also all models are in stock this morning. Ordering two extra mouth pieces now. :tup:

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
To the guys who own a LILY or ARIZER Air, how does this compare?

Lily is the hardest hitting portable i have tried. Air is better tasting and more easily stealth but takes too long for me while im out and about. I barely use my Air anymore because it cant produce clouds like the lily even if i wait 10 minutes and have it on RED.

Hit as hard as the lily?

Taste as good as the Air?

Draw restriction similar to either?

Id love a battery powered portable that can produce close to the lily. Is this it ??

WoodVillain,
Reactions: btka

CarrotWarrior

Would love to hear more from @JJ420 @Vape Dr. Got the walnut and going to order the maple soon ..

Love hearing cross comparisons of both wood types and how people custom set their own temperatures and do their sessions.

Myself personally I bumped it up +4, and use mostly temps 1 & temps 2 to take slow moderate sips from the fw.

I feel like the heater on this thing stays hot for awhile. Keeping the capsule in the unit while its cooling I feel consumes some of the thc or goodness while it's within and cooling can anyone attest to this?

I feel like after taking a few hits from a capsule I come back to it and there's only wispy faint vape and I usually just try to cash it on temps 3/4

Anyways more trials and more fun to come today .. Also look forward to hearing from more new users like myself.

Cheers Guys

vapen00b

Also all models are in stock this morning. Ordering two extra mouth pieces now. :tup:
Maybe you should tell Marc what wood your fw3 is made of - so you get a matching stand.:)
To the guys who own a LILY or ARIZER Air, how does this compare?

Lily is the hardest hitting portable i have tried. Air is better tasting and more easily stealth but takes too long for me while im out and about. I barely use my Air anymore because it cant produce clouds like the lily even if i wait 10 minutes and have it on RED.

Hit as hard as the lily?

Taste as good as the Air?

Draw restriction similar to either?

Id love a battery powered portable that can produce close to the lily. Is this it ??

Flavor is very nice and purer than the Air. It's pure convection.

Draw resistance is less than the Air but still restricted.

If you have a longer mouthpiece to attach or use a WT you can blow some impressive yet smooth clouds on 3-4. I find it a little harsh and hot when using it with stock mp only.

Great vape. Really, really good.
Beats the Air in a lot of categories. But still love my Air - the FW is my convection type Air in a way :)

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Maybe you should tell Marc what wood your fw3 is made of - so you get a matching stand.:)

Great reminder. When I ordered two mouthpieces i forgot about the stand so I didn't specify my wood type, when they arrived they were in a walnut stand that matches my FW perfectly after hitting it with a little underbutter.

The FW is still doing a great job for me now that I have to be discreet vaping the Herb with changes in my living situation, Three capsules a day are treating me right these days.

:peace:

Last edited:

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I've only seen and heard of walnut holders does someone actually have one in a different wood and any chance for a pic if so?

EDIT:
does this help the heater not go off under 20 secs? I'm just trying to understand, if it's a general recommendation from you or if this is related to the reported salience (/w walnut one)

Thanks man! :)
If it matters I also have grown to do this on my Firewood. It just feels like the unit is more consistent afterwards but I'm sure its not making a big difference.

Last edited:

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated

Flavor is very nice and purer than the Air. It's pure convection.

Draw resistance is less than the Air but still restricted.

If you have a longer mouthpiece to attach or use a WT you can blow some impressive yet smooth clouds on 3-4. I find it a little harsh and hot when using it with stock mp only.

Great vape. Really, really good.
Beats the Air in a lot of categories. But still love my Air - the FW is my convection type Air in a way :)

Thanks for the info bud I'm looking forward to trying it out soon!

vapen00b

Well, it seems like a walnut with a couple extra mouthpieces (and I hope a beautiful holder) is coming to Spain.

Can't wait to have it!!
Congrats, I'm sure you gonna like it. You'll likely receive the holder in the package too... Just apply a little beeswax (included) to finish it. Looks beautiful. Let us know when you have tried it out! :wave:

theborn

Well, it seems like a walnut with a couple extra mouthpieces (and I hope a beautiful holder) is coming to Spain.

Can't wait to have it!!

Yes, you will love it. I just finished a capsule and a half and this thing impresses me. I got the technique down pretty well thanks to the tips here. I have to reiterate, this is a fantastic portable. I may never smoke a blunt again. The taste is amazing. A longer stem would be key because of the heat though. It gets hot on the lips but maybe that's something I'm not used to.

Thanks again everyone for sharing your experiences. It has helped me have an excellent one.

CarrotWarrior

I personally had a rough start learning the draw and burned my lip a little bit lol

On temps 3 and 4 I find myself slow drawing and the less force I use the better. It's like I draw up to a certain point and just maintain that certain slight current of upheaval and woosh gusts of candy goodness.

I emailed Marc on this, but the inside of my heater has built up a thin collecting of kief and I was curious to know if anyone has sweeped that area of the vaporizer. It seems like a really hard area to clean out and I'm not even sure if It's safe poking that spot.

Vape Dr.

does this help the heater not go off under 20 secs? I'm just trying to understand, if it's a general recommendation from you

@vapen00b This is just from personal experience using the FW3.
I don't think the different woods have different electronics, rather when the FW3 is assembled they are probably within a certain target range.

This is probably why you can adjust your temp ceiling from 7-50 degrees. It allows you to tune it to your specific preference somewhat like the Elevape.

The nice thing about the FW3 is you control everything from 1 button. You don't have to connect it to an app which is nice.
I got a back up FW3 so you know I love this vape!

Would love to hear more from @JJ420 @Vape Dr. Got the walnut and going to order the maple soon ..

Love hearing cross comparisons of both wood types and how people custom set their own temperatures and do their sessions.

Myself personally I bumped it up +4, and use mostly temps 1 & temps 2 to take slow moderate sips from the fw.

I feel like the heater on this thing stays hot for awhile. Keeping the capsule in the unit while its cooling I feel consumes some of the thc or goodness while it's within and cooling can anyone attest to this?

I feel like after taking a few hits from a capsule I come back to it and there's only wispy faint vape and I usually just try to cash it on temps 3/4

@CarrotWarrior Welcome to FC my friend! Glad to have you here!:tup:

I do the same thing. I'll take 6 hits, shut it off, come back a few more times taking 6 draws. One thing I do when I don't finish the capsule is when I shut it off I pull the whole mouth piece out and blow, suck, and blow through the moth piece to get the herb off the MP screen.

This also helps to quickly cool the capsule and get rid of any minute tiny particles from falling in the heater, as well as mix the herb and help keep the screens clean.

I did a quick "mod" if you will to the capsule.

First I put a SS screen in of course!
@Slow Draw McGraw told me a trick he does by using the crafty/mighty brush handle to insert the screen in the capsule. This does work very well.

Me being me had to find an easier way so it's not quite so domed and more flat.
So I found an easier way if you have the tool.

I use a MARK TEN E-cig battery, the part the filter screws to. It has a sharp edge so it perfectly conforms the screen so it's not as domed and seems like it was made to fit the capsules to install screens.

Then I cut an 1/8" ring off of a different E-cig filter silicone cap and wrapped it around the bottom of the capsule near the screen so you can grab the capsule directly after a session, cash it, and refill it without burning your fingers.

If you don't understand or can't picture what I'm saying, just let me know and I'll post pics when I get home!

Last edited:

btka

The taste is amazing. A longer stem would be key because of the heat though. It gets hot on the lips but maybe that's something I'm not used to.

Thanks again everyone for sharing your experiences. It has helped me have an excellent one.

maybe @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd can make a longer stem...

I also ordered last friday a walnut FW3...
now the waiting game can start...

by the way can someone meassure the diameter where you insert the mouthpiece and also of the mouthpiece with silicone on it... may e-nano stem is 15mm (0.6 inch) in diameter would it fit?

Last edited:

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
So if you order 2 of the FW 3 mouthpiece/capsules you get a holder too??

Damn. They are sold out :(

I have tried the search and the online manual and no luck, where can i find the instruction for the heat adjustment hack?

I like higher temps. I like to keep it right before combustion and have as dark as ABV as i can get when i empty it.

Last edited:
WoodVillain,
Reactions: vapen00b

Vape Dr.

@WoodVillain Here you go my friend!

Basically, it is possible to adjust the temperature settings of the vaporizer by shifting the temperature ranges upwards in approximately 7 degree F increments. Here is how you can do it:
- turn on the vape
- wait until battery indicator buzzes are done
- click the button 8 times
- the vape will make 8 quick buzzes
- click the button 5 times
- the vape will make 5 quick buzzes
- click the button between 0 and 8 times:
0 clicks = set temp shift to 0
1 click = set temp shift to approx +7 degrees F for all heat levels
2 clicks = set temp shift to approx +14 degrees F for all heat levels
3 clicks = set temp shift to approx +21 degrees F for all heat levels
4 clicks = set temp shift to approx +28 degrees F for all heat levels
5 clicks = set temp shift to approx +36 degrees F for all heat levels
6 clicks = set temp shift to approx +43 degrees F for all heat levels
7 clicks = set temp shift to approx +50 degrees F for all heat levels
8 clicks = buzz back the current temp shift setting then shut off.
Ideally, when you turn on the vape and set heat level 3, without the mouthpiece in place, you should be able to see the coil barely glowing within about 10 seconds. If it isn't glowing then you may want to use the above procedure to shift the heat levels a bit higher (you can experiment, but starting with 4 clicks (+28 degrees) would be a good test to see if it helps.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Then I cut an 1/8" ring off of a different E-cig filter silicone cap and wrapped it around the bottom of the capsule near the screen so you can grab the capsule directly after a session, cash it, and refill it without burning your fingers.
is this just to grab the capsule? This is not for during use right?

maybe @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd can make a longer stem...

I also ordered last friday a walnut FW3...
now the waiting game can start...

by the way can someone meassure the diameter where you insert the mouthpiece and also of the mouthpiece with silicone on it... may e-nano stem is 15mm (0.6 inch) in diameter would it fit?
A standard male glass joint is very tight but can be pushed in to the heat chamber. I think someone else had luck with a nano or other log vape stem. Let us know how it works out for you. I am sure you will enjoy the new toy!

Vape Dr.

is this just to grab the capsule? This is not for during use right?

@nosmoking I leave it on all the time. Here are a few pics I will explain what's going on.

The long top stem is from a vapor cup. The same diameter works great if you want long cool draws! Can be added with the extended silicone tip or used in place of the stock glass MP.

The left capsule has a 1 1/4" piece of silicone whip stretched over the stock capsule MP.
The black MP is very comfortable and is great for sipping.

As you can see, there is a V2 brand E-cig filter. They come with silicone caps on each end to keep from drying out. I use these silicone caps for EVERYTHING!!! They really come in handy.

I simply cut a small ring off and put it on my capsule near the bottom where I grab to remove. This makes it easier to handle when hot. No burning fingers.

The 14mm adapter is the same size also and was from a vaporblunt Baker.

Here is a pic of the capsule with the 14mm adapter with the extended silicone piece.
This 14mm adapter can also be used in place of the MP glass stem as well.

Pic with F-Bomb WT works with pinnacle WT too.

Pic of capsule with the extra silicone sleeve and a w9 tech Nibbler G spill proof water pill (they sell generic ones on DHGate for $13) this is my favorite setup! :brow:

Here is a pic of the silicone sleeve before I put it over the stock MP.

Pic of a stock setup with a silicone tip. Cools the draws a bit. :cool:

The FW3 is a winner in my book! :tup:

Have fun making DIY modifications, they are fun and easy!:D

I will post more DIY mods next time I am bored!:science:

Edric al-Fali

Noooo! Mine finally broke. I'm noticing a common theme in how the wood breaks along the grain. I was just expecting the battery lid to fail. The bottom of mine came completely off, taking some of the main body with it. The bottom plate still technically held together: it took an entire ring of wood from the main body with it. I will need a new body at the least which sucks because I've grown accustomed to the personality of this piece. I would hope the internals could be transferred to a new body.

I'm surprised because the worst knocks this unit has received were come casual bumping while carrying it. Nothing I have done would have been enough to cause this kind of damage. Maybe I can hold it all together with a bunch of rubber bands.

:rip:

Update: My Deadwood has been wrapped with several rubber bands holding the bottom on. If I read the battery lid correctly, the far side has positive facing up and the mouthpiece side has negative facing up.

After a few double checks on the battery polarity, tightness on the lid and bottom, I turned it on and it works. It's getting hot and I can take a quick stress relief session.

I don't know if I want to send it in or not right now. It works, and I didn't do anything invasive.

:zombie:

Last edited:

CarrotWarrior

@Vape Dr.

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

What temp do you bump it to from 1 - 4 and take these 6 sips :evil: 6 more sips each sesh

I'm finding it tricky for brief sessions. Finding myself getting situated, relaxed and preferably stationary.

@Edric al-Fali nouu oh the horror man how did it break again you dropped it ?

I'm going to be extra careful now ..the only thing I've broken in the past was the good ole Mflb glass stem I've been steady handed since.

What would you guys say to some sort of case or protective coating for the firewood so that if it drops impact is absorbed.

Edric al-Fali

I'm finding it tricky for brief sessions. Finding myself getting situated, relaxed and preferably stationary.

I bumped mine up 5 notches and turn it to 4 for my quick sessions. I'm used to fixed settings so even my relaxed sessions are at this setting. I don't think about temps, I just change my draw speed.

@Vape Dr.
nouu oh the horror man how did it break again you dropped it ?

I'm going to be extra careful now ..the only thing I've broken in the past was the good ole Mflb glass stem I've been steady handed since.

I never dropped it. I've been super dainty with it. I treated it like a glass piece.

What would you guys say to some sort of case or protective coating for the firewood so that if it drops impact is absorbed.

Like an Otterbox or Tech21? I wonder. If they make custom cel phone cases, why not something else?

Last edited:
Edric al-Fali,

radiant34

Dropped mine the other day and the battery top cracked along with mouthpeice. Thank god mine didn't take a beating as bad as yours. The trick I think is you need to sand it
And wax it ever so often that way the beeswax fills the grain.

Also read somewhere they maple is stronger than walnut but I'm not sure how valid that is
I bumped mine up 5 notches and turn it to 4 for my quick sessions. I'm used to fixed settings so even my relaxed sessions are at this setting. I don't think about temps, I just change my draw speed.

I never dropped it. I've been super dainty with it. I treated it like a glass piece.

Like an Otterbox or Tech21? I wonder. If they make custom cel phone cases, why not something else?

radiant34,

Vape Dr.

Glad your here @CarrotWarrior! It's the best vape forum IMO!:rockon:

I start with a deep 5 second draw on 3 to activate the coil, wait 5 seconds then take 3 second "burst" puffs until I see vapor then go to temp 1 for six draws then shut er down pull out the MP and inhale/exhale in it to agitate the herb. then I start on 3 again and bump it down to 2 for 2 more 6 draw sessions.

Don't drop it is the best advice you can get. treat it like your cell phone.
Don't leave it on your lap and get out of your car (hate when that happens:cuss:).
Or I would suggest a dime bag. here's a link to the 7" bags, just be careful.

I have 2. 1 has a zipper pocket, no good will scratch unit, and 1 has a extra velcro pouch in it, the one you want. Ask @stickstones too. 7th floor carries them and sticks is a rep for them, another awesome guy. FC people are good people!
https://dimebagsstorage.com/?product=7-inch-padded-pouch

@Edric al-Fali I feel so bad for you my friend, at least it's operable...

@radiant34 reach out to Marc. He is an awesome guy. He may send you a new lid, at least he did for me!

Last edited:

vapen00b

Glad your here @CarrotWarrior! It's the best vape forum IMO!:rockon:

I start with a deep 5 second draw on 3 to activate the coil, wait 5 seconds then take 3 second "burst" puffs until I see vapor then go to temp 1 for six draws then shut er down pull out the MP and inhale/exhale in it to agitate the herb. then I start on 3 again and bump it down to 2 for 2 more 6 draw sessions.

Don't drop it is the best advice you can get. treat it like your cell phone.
Don't leave it on your lap and get out of your car (hate when that happens:cuss:).
Or I would suggest a dime bag. here's a link to the 7" bags, just be careful.

I have 2. 1 has a zipper pocket, no good will scratch unit, and 1 has a extra velcro pouch in it, the one you want. Ask @stickstones too. 7th floor carries them and sticks is a rep for them, another awesome guy. FC people are good people!
https://dimebagsstorage.com/?product=7-inch-padded-pouch

@Edric al-Fali I feel so bad for you my friend, at least it's operable...

@radiant34 reach out to Marc. He is an awesome guy. He may send you a new lid, at least he did for me!

Hey Doc,

Which one have u got? Are all those bags you can find with your provided link those without a zipper pocket?

vapen00b,
Top Bottom