Firewood Vaporizer

Baelle

Yeah I got it for the weekend and have been enjoying it all week... the colors are just so beautiful, in any lighting, subtle variation of dark blue grey purple, with like a salmon pink red orange, although you can hardly see them when the stem is inside the FW9 hehe:
PXL-20240228-030022780.jpg
PXL-20240228-025943696.jpg

Yes the slight taper mouthpiece is very comfortable, I also really like how far it sticks out now, very nice and does sit flush (however the narrow connector stem could be half as long, as is it goes into the ceramic pathway about halfway, so not a big deal and still gives the full pathway effect, and it actually means it could be pulled out a tiny bit further for a little extra if I wanted although then it would wobble more of course) helping it feel much more secure, with only the slight wobble back and forth possible now (which is due to the extra room in the FW9 wood there, probably could be countered with extra felt if desired)

Now that I have had some time with it, I can say it is not necessarily that different, although it definitely is a little different... Mine of course is slightly longer, which helps with slightly more cooling, not only that it is the wider diameter part that is longer as I made the narrower tube shorter... I think the little taper mouthpiece is great yeah and he can make different style mouthpieces depending on what you want (in his drops he has been doing pinch flat versions as well)... the airflow is wide open, the cooling bricks move around a little bit, so there is enough room that I don't think cleaning will be any issue with iso and hot water, they do seem to offer some nice cooling effect as slight obstruction in the pathway, there is also a spike on either end to keep them in, though the stock stem has more spikes and a rotated configuration for them, they don't cool that strongly either anyway... Something that really is nice with the design of the FW9 is that ceramic elbow pathway, gives you some right angle cooling before it enters the glass stem, however I also like to ride the low temps partly for the smoother hits personally... So yeah quite a few variables here, though I hope it helps you :tup:
Looks great! So you don't have to extend and retract the stem in yours?

My all red brick and the custom shows to be delivered tomorrow and I can't wait. I'll probably put my current yellow/gray/blue stem up for sale.

dog walker

Now that I have had some time with it, I can say it is not necessarily that different, although it definitely is a little different... Mine of course is slightly longer, which helps with slightly more cooling, not only that it is the wider diameter part that is longer as I made the narrower tube shorter... I think the little taper mouthpiece is great yeah and he can make different style mouthpieces depending on what you want (in his drops he has been doing pinch flat versions as well)... the airflow is wide open, the cooling bricks move around a little bit, so there is enough room that I don't think cleaning will be any issue with iso and hot water, they do seem to offer some nice cooling effect as slight obstruction in the pathway, there is also a spike on either end to keep them in, though the stock stem has more spikes and a rotated configuration for them, they don't cool that strongly either anyway... Something that really is nice with the design of the FW9 is that ceramic elbow pathway, gives you some right angle cooling before it enters the glass stem, however I also like to ride the low temps partly for the smoother hits personally... So yeah quite a few variables here, though I hope it helps you :tup:

Thanks so much for taking the time to come back and provide this description. After our discussion, I ordered a stem from him for my fw7 (yellow bricks). All of what you wrote above about how the bricks function applies to my experience with it so far. I agree it's not very different, but is at least a little different. I like the feel of the bricks - between them and the shape of the stem, it feels a little more substantial or solid than the stock stem, and that difference doesn't really matter to me, but it's fun to feel the variation.

As I use mine, I will think about the customizations you requested. I imagine this won't be my last stem of his...

Thanks again!

f2j

Chaque jour est une chance
well i can't help you guy as i don't have these versions....but i can testify that with a little perseverance, it's possible to achieve your goals.

After recovering this Fw1 or 1.5 ( I don't know), which was no longer working, I first managed to recharge it and switch it on, but it wasn't providing enough energy to power the oven sufficiently. As a result, no vapor.

Marc advised me not to dismantle the device at the risk of breaking things and/or not being equipped to repair it, but he did advise me to buy a power supply powerful enough to run the Fw on the mains.
I did so, and now it's working and I'm able to make decent extractions.
In the photo, I cheated a little because I took it outside without its cable
😂
, but it's its avb.
IMG-20240229-155719.jpg

I can also testify that vaping in 2012 was relatively risky as I almost swallowed the metal pad to avoid inhaling herbs by 2x...what a shit!🤪

Thank you for your reply. I ended up using a photo from Troy on 420vapezone blog and measure the black silicon part of the mouthpiece on the picture, then compared it to the same piece IRL and then measuring the glass visible part on the photo and calculate what size it should be IRL (considering it's partially inserted in the black silicone piece).

I found 19mm long glass piece, with a 11mm diameter, and a 1.3mm thickness.
Couldn't really find a boro glass tube with these exact same specs (not the length as I can cut it by myself to the proper length, but diameter and thickness wise). I'll probably go for the closest one I can find.

f2j,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I didn't realize they sold a 14mm wpa for the FW9. So I imagine you get fairly cool hits if you pair that with a right angled J hook?

Some of those GVB hooks look pretty sweet.

BabyFacedFinster,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I didn't realize they sold a 14mm wpa for the FW9. So I imagine you get fairly cool hits if you pair that with a right angled J hook?

Some of those GVB hooks look pretty sweet.

GVB actually makes a right angle WPA as well so you can keep the FW upright (which is what I prefer to do although I don't think it even needs a hook at all for my low temps)

BabyFacedFinster

GVB actually makes a right angle WPA as well so you can keep the FW upright (which is what I prefer to do although I don't think it even needs a hook at all for my low temps)
I imagine keeping it upright helps keep the herb pack seated in the bowl? I haven't had the opportunity to use a FW and there are so few videos on the 9.

I was so close to picking one up during the Xmas sale, but wasn't ready in my mind. Now I'm kicking myself because I see how seldom these offers come around. Stupid me, anything of this quality is worth that price.

nicknobody

Does anyone know if there is a fw 420 sale and if so is it the day of or do we have a longer window of sale?

25% off seems like the normal discount?

I miss having a battery powered hybrid. Can’t wait to fill that spot again. Love my torch devices but I’d love something with a little easier ritual sometimes

nicknobody,

Shit Snacks

I imagine keeping it upright helps keep the herb pack seated in the bowl? I haven't had the opportunity to use a FW and there are so few videos on the 9.

Yeah, not really a concern if you are packing tight anyway, but even a tiny crumb could pop out and get on the heater coil which spoils flavor for me and my OCD... It can work in any orientation, so WPA just being a taper tip on a normal mouthpiece them would be fine, I would just rather have the GVB right angle WPA instead personally (FW7 was unique with its complete WPA configuration that would have a direct path from the chamber down so you keep it upright inherently) but I don't feel like I really need a WPA for my specific situation

I was so close to picking one up during the Xmas sale, but wasn't ready in my mind. Now I'm kicking myself because I see how seldom these offers come around. Stupid me, anything of this quality is worth that price.
Does anyone know if there is a fw 420 sale and if so is it the day of or do we have a longer window of sale?

25% off seems like the normal discount?

I miss having a battery powered hybrid. Can’t wait to fill that spot again. Love my torch devices but I’d love something with a little easier ritual sometimes

That New Year's sale was the first one for the FW9, and 420 is just around the corner so it seems reasonable to suspect there might be another discount offered... Anyone's guess if it will be announced the day of or that week or what though

BabyFacedFinster

I like that the FW9 is hybrid on conduction/convection. I think it might offer me a different experience than my TM2. I'm not looking for better, rather for another quality flower vape to add to the rotation with the different affects from the conduction. I was looking at the Bowle 2, but being all convection seems too similar to the TM2.

My only worry was the temp of the hits on the back of the throat. I might not need the wpa and Jhook, but it's nice to know it's easily available. I am also a flavor chaser and will probably use the FW9 on the lowest settings. Love the artisan wood style too.

Shit Snacks

I like that the FW9 is hybrid on conduction/convection. I think it might offer me a different experience than my TM2. I'm not looking for better, rather for another quality flower vape to add to the rotation with the different affects from the conduction. I was looking at the Bowle 2, but being all convection seems too similar to the TM2.

My only worry was the temp of the hits on the back of the throat. I might not need the wpa and Jhook, but it's nice to know it's easily available. I am also a flavor chaser and will probably use the FW9 on the lowest settings. Love the artisan wood style too.

Yes it is totally unique, back when I had the original TM and FW7, I touted them as a perfect pair, on-demand convection and on-demand conduction, artisan made replaceable batteries and full temp ranges with glass stem mouthpieces... Even though FW9 is more hybrid capable, more airflow etc, I am packing tight and using it the same exact way I was using FW7, low and slow so it is predominantly still conduction, and yes there is really not much else like it! Great rotation companion, even at full price :tup:

Bowle is more similar with the full pure convection yes, and it has limited temp range, not very versatile at all... However it features built-in hook with the right angle pathway, and that is something the FW9 actually incorporates in a smaller way, it has ceramic right angle pathway before going into the glass stem mouthpiece (and also you are using ceramic chambers which is another unique aspect of the conduction, so it's like the old session conduction experience, except on demand and fully pure finally thanks to the artisan Marc) :nod:

I am running 320-350-380 temp settings that I like to step with for around 8 to 10 hits

DraycosTFM

Can someone explain how to convert the FW9 bowl to the capsule version? I've got the kit, but I worry about busting shit. I know you're supposed to remove the wooden deal with the two notches, but I'm not sure how to do it.

DraycosTFM,

BreadStick

That wooden part threads into the bowl.
Lefty loosy to get that part off. Trying to show the part I push on to get it moving in the image below
PXL-20240315-190539923.jpg

The next image shows how I actually position my hand to twist it off. I can get nice leverage in this position
PXL-20240315-190608251.jpg

There's a ceramic donut under that. It should fall out if you tip the fw9 upside down.
PXL-20240315-190643094.jpg

Under the donut there's gonna be a capsule in there already for the bowl mode.
PXL-20240315-190657278.jpg

The capsule might be hard to get out if there's much resin same for the donut.
I usually give the fw9 a gentle few smacks against my palm to get the capsule out but if it's really stuck in there try using tweezers or something small to try get it to move a little then try lightly smack it out again.
You've it converted to capsule mode now all you need to do is fill your capsule and pop back in.
Then thread the capsule lid on.
Be gentle on the threads of the fw9. I'm not a fan of them tbh they're kinda fiddly imo. You kinda need to slowly wiggle the parts into a comfortable feeling place and twist lightly till it looks right in my experience. Look at you capsule lid and note where the little wings are and where the thread starts in the fw9
PXL-20240315-190842289.jpg

I like to line the wings up with the start of the thread to avoid cross threading or doing something else that might damage the thing. I then twist it gently until I'm happy with how flush the lid is with the device.
Lmk if this is an overboard description or if you want me to crop the images because this will probably be a long message :lol:

Last edited:

DraycosTFM

That wooden part threads into the bowl.
Lefty loosy to get that part off.
There's a ceramic donut under that. It should fall out if you tip the fw9 upside down.
There's gonna be a capsule in there already for the bowl mode.
The capsule might be hard to get out if there's much resin same for the donut.
I usually give the fw9 a gentle few smacks against my palm to get the capsule out but if it's really stuck in there try using tweezers or something small to try get it to move a little then try lightly smack it out again.
You've it converted to capsule mode now all you need to do is fill your capsule and pop back in.
Then thread the capsule lid on.
Be gentle on the threads of the fw9. I'm not a fan of them tbh they're kinda fiddly imo. You kinda need to slowly wiggle the parts into a comfortable feeling place and twist lightly till it looks right in my experience.
Really appreciate the help, thanks!

BreadStick

What a helpful thorough post. I’m firewood curious lol with 420 coming up and it’s hard to find detailed information and pictures like you provided.

Much appreciated. Thank you.
Glad you found it useful :) let me know if there's anything else you wanna know about the fw9 and I can try answer! There definitely does need to be more documentation of these devices.

Top Bottom