Firewood Vaporizer

GoodVibesBoro

Glass Blower
Just order the Firewood 8 & 9 Stem With Light Blue Cooling Bricks, Cooling Spikes, and a Flattened Mouthpiece. I guess my waking up at 5 am and not being able to fall back asleep paid off. Just recently got my Firewood 9 and still working out the right temp and method, this should help.

Hell yeah man cheers I hope you enjoy it!

dog walker

I apologize in advance for this ridiculous post. I really love Firewood vaporizers...I have written odes to them on here before - I think they are a great combination of function and beauty. The fw7 was my first Firewood device (and vape). I also had a fw8 briefly after its release, and I currently have a fw9 as well.
I started using cannabis and vaping pretty late in life - I used it as a replacement for alcoholism because I am able to moderate it much better. Anyway, I really love the fw7 - I like everything about it. It's size and shape is perfect for me - it feels good in my hand. I like its simple appearance. And most importantly, I like the high it delivers. I suspect some small portion of that great high comes from my delight at using it, but certainly the mechanics of it also just really suit me.
Not too long ago a thin piece of wood on my fw7 broke. I contacted Marc, and he repaired it, but I was pretty bummed while it was gone, and I realized I'm going to be really bummed when, eventually, this beloved device breaks for good. I have been trying to find another good condition fw7 in the used market, but it's not going well - I have missed quite a few listings because I'm not always online, and recently I had what I thought was a done deal fall apart by no fault of mine. I will keep looking, but I don't feel very optimistic that I'll find a used fw7 in good enough condition to be a reliable backup.
So I think I need to fall in love with my fw9. I have no issues with the fw9 in general, and in fact I've liked it better since the bowl option came along. But it's no fw7 in my experience - it doesn't hit the same or as hard for me (even with the same temperature settings). It feels sturdier in hand, but its harder lines (which are responsible for the increased sturdiness) mean that it feels less natural and comfortable in my grip.
I will keep looking for a fw7, but I also have a perfectly good, newer device (that I could buy a NEW replacement for if I loved it enough to want a backup). So I come soliciting advice - if you have had both and share my inclination toward the fw7, did something in particular sell you on the fw9 eventually? Do you have recommendations for settings or configuration that may make me love it more? Do you have general advice for opening yourself to a new device when your attention is focus on a different, seemingly perfect device?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hehe the 9 is more involved but just as effective for me a similar experience and I look forward to an easier deep clean when the time comes... Also to have pre loaded capsules ready, situation hasn't come up, but I also have GVB mouthpiece coming now...

dog walker

Hehe the 9 is more involved but just as effective for me a similar experience and I look forward to an easier deep clean when the time comes... Also to have pre loaded capsules ready, situation hasn't come up, but I also have GVB mouthpiece coming now...

Thanks. I have considered accessorizing the 9, including a GVB stem. Have you used one before? It is much different and/or cooler than the OE stem? Is it difficult to clean the bricks?

I do agree that having the option to use pre-loaded capsules is nice, and I've used them before when I was on the road, but that convenient characteristic isn't enough to make it feel like home to me.

Anyway, thanks for humoring me and my post - I really appreciate it.

Duba

Accessory Maker
if you have had both and share my inclination toward the fw7, did something in particular sell you on the fw9 eventually?
On the whole, I share your glowing opinion of the Fw7.
When I received the Fw9, I had a hard time making the transition, I tended to compare them.
So I put the Fw7 in the cupboard and only used the Fw9 to familiarize myself with its specific features (notably the fact that there's more convection, which means I have to adapt the draw).
The devices are very efficient, but if I had to keep only one, it would be the Fw7.
IMG-20230625-163617.jpg

Shit Snacks

I actually have not been feeling like there's much extra convection with my FW9 compared to my FW7 with the way I am using it... Low temp long slow draw with a tight pack nearly full more fine grind... Still feels like the same type of on-demand conduction hybrid with minimal convection honestly, much better flavor since my FW7s cannot be fully cleaned the same way (I keep them in WPA mode anyway though and have not cleaned the FW9 yet as it is still pretty brand new though) and it seems there might be less risk of tiny scorch bits with the slight difference in the chamber shape (narrows a bit at the bottom) as well, so for me it is just adapting to the removable chamber primarily, otherwise the same great experience :tup:

have considered accessorizing the 9, including a GVB stem. Have you used one before? It is much different and/or cooler than the OE stem? Is it difficult to clean the bricks?

I have not used the brick type yet, I'm not sure, mine is going to be different anyway not being retractable and a little longer, the bricks are a slight cooling feature, shouldn't be harder to clean than anything else just soaking and rinsing? You can get a different cooling stem from him though, with pearls instead of bricks, or twisted bricks, or just spikes, or other variations (I have an idea for one that comes out with right angle bends or other such features since I think that helps with cooling even more than obstructions like pearls and spikes)

dog walker

On the whole, I share your glowing opinion of the Fw7.
When I received the Fw9, I had a hard time making the transition, I tended to compare them.
So I put the Fw7 in the cupboard and only used the Fw9 to familiarize myself with its specific features (notably the fact that there's more convection, which means I have to adapt the draw).
The devices are very efficient, but if I had to keep only one, it would be the Fw7.

Shelving the Fw7 for a while is good advice - thank you.

I have not used the brick type yet, I'm not sure, mine is going to be different anyway not being retractable and a little longer, the bricks are a slight cooling feature, shouldn't be harder to clean than anything else just soaking and rinsing? You can get a different cooling stem from him though, with pearls instead of bricks, or twisted bricks, or just spikes, or other variations (I have an idea for one that comes out with right angle bends or other such features since I think that helps with cooling even more than obstructions like pearls and spikes)

Thanks for the information - I think getting one of his stems is in my future.

Baelle

Shelving the Fw7 for a while is good advice - thank you.

Thanks for the information - I think getting one of his stems is in my future.
I got a GVB stem a couple weeks ago and have another identical one in a different color scheme coming along with a custom smoked glass stem with a carb. Good dude, great work.

How are you guys cleaning your capsules and ceramic parts? ISO has done okay, but I'm getting discoloration that won't come off with warm ISO. Anyone tried bleaching them? I'm incredibly OCD about keeping my vape gear clean and it's bugging the hell out of me

Shit Snacks

I got a GVB stem a couple weeks ago and have another identical one in a different color scheme coming along with a custom smoked glass stem with a carb. Good dude, great work.

You want a carb in an FW stem? Why?? I think it's not a good idea to try to clear without fully letting go of the button and also clearing all the heat and vapor from the device, it will get dirtier over time then...

How are you guys cleaning your capsules and ceramic parts? ISO has done okay, but I'm getting discoloration that won't come off with warm ISO. Anyone tried bleaching them? I'm incredibly OCD about keeping my vape gear clean and it's bugging the hell out of me

Yeah I don't know of any way to fix that, the ceramic discoloration is normal, it can be fully cleaned and discolored, that's just what happens overuse with the more unfinished unglazed ceramic especially unfortunately

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Baelle

You want a carb in an FW stem? Why?? I think it's not a good idea to try to clear without fully letting go of the button and also clearing all the heat and vapor from the device, it will get dirtier over time then...
I never said anything about trying to clear it while it is still heating. I had been using a Revolve stem and I like it with it's airport open some

Shit Snacks

I never said anything about trying to clear it while it is still heating. I had been using a Revolve stem and I like it with it's airport open some

I didn't say you said that either :D even when it is not heating, there is a lot of residual heat, so I always inhale for quite some time after letting go of the button, even after the cooldown vibration... Sometimes the vapor just keeps coming depending on the temp setting and length of the hit heating... That's all I'm saying, I think that is better than trying to use a carb hole, as that is how people usually use them in other vapes and sometimes it is fine although I rarely ever like to do it so it is also a personal thing of course... I don't have nor ever used the revolve, don't know much about it and it's design, but an airport is different than a carb hole in theory...? Having fresh air mixed into the stem, would cool the vapor nicely, there are other designs that use that idea too :tup:

Shit Snacks,

Baelle

I didn't say you said that either :D even when it is not heating, there is a lot of residual heat, so I always inhale for quite some time after letting go of the button, even after the cooldown vibration... Sometimes the vapor just keeps coming depending on the temp setting and length of the hit heating... That's all I'm saying, I think that is better than trying to use a carb hole, as that is how people usually use them in other vapes and sometimes it is fine although I rarely ever like to do it so it is also a personal thing of course... I don't have nor ever used the revolve, don't know much about it and it's design, but an airport is different than a carb hole in theory...? Having fresh air mixed into the stem, would cool the vapor nicely, there are other designs that use that idea too :tup:
Yeah, that's all I want it for is to let a little fresh air in. In this situation, I think a carb and airport are pretty interchangeable. But, airport is probably a better word for it. Either way, it's a small hole in the stem 🙃

Revolve is just a dynavap stem that is crazy configurable in airflow, draw restriction, and how it cools.

Shit Snacks

GVB sent these photos of my mouthpiece:
Screenshot-20240219-132719.png

Indigo and Lobster color cooling bricks:
Screenshot-20240215-204428.png

Length has the mouthpiece sticking out just under an inch, as it is non-retractable with a shorter narrow tube section, so it shouldn't slide and hopefully be more secure too...

Baelle

Length has the mouthpiece sticking out just under an inch, as it is non-retractable with a shorter narrow tube section, so it shouldn't slide and hopefully be more secure too...
Oh, I dig the colors. My current one has 3 bricks, like a lime green, gray and baby blue. Not my choice of colors, but I have one coming that is all red bricks. Mine slides in and out, but still sticks out of the vape about 3/4 of an inch. He includes some o-rings to help it fit better in the FW, but I just cut little strips of the loop side of velcro and stuck them to the wood. Works great.

Shit Snacks

Oh, I dig the colors. My current one has 3 bricks, like a lime green, gray and baby blue. Not my choice of colors, but I have one coming that is all red bricks.

Yeah that would be the Caribbean Blue, which I really love as well, have plenty of it already in other things from him lol Also I have the dark gray, but want to get the light gray for something maybe with orange or another blue... Yeah Lobster is the red color, can look a little pink and orange too! The indigo can look a bit gray, along with purple and blue hue...

Mine slides in and out, but still sticks out of the vape about 3/4 of an inch. He includes some o-rings to help it fit better in the FW, but I just cut little strips of the loop side of velcro and stuck them to the wood. Works great.

Yeah that is more the standard way he makes them, so I wanted mine to be customized a bit, he showed me the o-rings too, I also have some felt from my FW7 kit, so there will be options depending how it fits... Hopefully I won't need anything extra though!

Baelle

Yeah that would be the Caribbean Blue, which I really love as well, have plenty of it already in other things from him lol Also I have the dark gray, but want to get the light gray for something maybe with orange or another blue... Yeah Lobster is the red color, can look a little pink and orange too! The indigo can look a bit gray, along with purple and blue hue...

Yeah that is more the standard way he makes them, so I wanted mine to be customized a bit, he showed me the o-rings too, I also have some felt from my FW7 kit, so there will be options depending how it fits... Hopefully I won't need anything extra though!
Mine rattled a little bit, so the velcro fixed that

I had got on his custom list for a TM2 stem, but I ended up selling it, so I told him I didn't need anything. Then like a week later got his FW stem and loved it. The clear glass gets cloudy after about 2 uses, so I asked if he could do a custom with smoked or amber glass. He ended up giving me my old spot on the custom list and is doing that one with the airport.

It sounds kinda trivial, but the slight taper that's on the MP end make a HUGE difference for how it feels. The stock stem feels like puffing on a big diesel exhaust pipe in comparison

redwater

How much luck has anybody had in asking Marc about when an item might restock? I sent an email earlier in the week with no response. I bought my FW a few weeks ago and got a third party stem. Turns out I need to order the glass tube adapter, but it's out of stock. Either I misunderstood some comments on the stem's native compatibility or (maybe?) the adapter came by default previously with the FW9 but doesn't anymore.

Alternatively, does anyone here have any insight into how often he might restock those types of accessories?

redwater,

Shit Snacks

How much luck has anybody had in asking Marc about when an item might restock? I sent an email earlier in the week with no response. I bought my FW a few weeks ago and got a third party stem. Turns out I need to order the glass tube adapter, but it's out of stock. Either I misunderstood some comments on the stem's native compatibility or (maybe?) the adapter came by default previously with the FW9 but doesn't anymore.

Alternatively, does anyone here have any insight into how often he might restock those types of accessories?

I can't really help you about getting him to reply to you, however you could also try contacting Good Vibes Boro since he has that same tubing for both FW7 and FW8/9

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: redwater

Puddentain

I’ve just watched the site for a restock in the past. I needed the stem adapter as well and it was restocked after a week or two.

Puddentain,
Reactions: redwater

rvarick

Had a question for any Firewood 5 owners - any tips for making the mouthpiece easier to slide out? I've tried rolling the silicone tube that's on the mouthpiece tube to stretch/flatten it out, but this doesn't seem to help. Lubricating the silicone piece seems to help momentarily, but then it seems like the wood absorbs this; making the issue worse.

rvarick,

redwater

Replying to my own to say the adapters are back in stock and Marc emailed me this morning to let me know.

He's out of town for a couple weeks and won't be able to ship anything until March 8, though. This is reflected on the https://firewoodaromatech.com/ site as well.

f2j

Chaque jour est une chance
Hey there, I got my Firewood 4 out of its closet (I don't vape on the go, or very very very occasionally) and unfortunately I lost the capsule (the bowl).
On Firewood website there is a replacement (but ceramic..) and it is not even in stock :/

I'd like to make myself an alternative capsule with a section of boro tube and a formed SS screen in the bottom, but as I don't have the original anymore, I don't have the specs to make it properly (I suppose the diameter is the same than the glass part of the mouth piece, but I don't know the length at least).

That would be awesome if someone could measure the capsule dimensions of the firewood 4 so that I can source the proper tube and save the Firewood.
Please Please Cat GIF by Guldhart

Thanks a lot !

Duba

Accessory Maker
Had a question for any Firewood 5 owners
That would be awesome if someone could measure the capsule dimensions of the firewood 4 so that I can source the proper tube and save the Firewood.
well i can't help you guy as i don't have these versions....but i can testify that with a little perseverance, it's possible to achieve your goals.

After recovering this Fw1 or 1.5 ( I don't know), which was no longer working, I first managed to recharge it and switch it on, but it wasn't providing enough energy to power the oven sufficiently. As a result, no vapor.

Marc advised me not to dismantle the device at the risk of breaking things and/or not being equipped to repair it, but he did advise me to buy a power supply powerful enough to run the Fw on the mains.
I did so, and now it's working and I'm able to make decent extractions.
In the photo, I cheated a little because I took it outside without its cable
😂
, but it's its avb.
IMG-20240229-155719.jpg

I can also testify that vaping in 2012 was relatively risky as I almost swallowed the metal pad to avoid inhaling herbs by 2x...what a shit!🤪

Shit Snacks

Yeah I got it for the weekend and have been enjoying it all week... the colors are just so beautiful, in any lighting, subtle variation of dark blue grey purple, with like a salmon pink red orange, although you can hardly see them when the stem is inside the FW9 hehe:
PXL-20240228-030022780.jpg
PXL-20240228-025943696.jpg

Yes the slight taper mouthpiece is very comfortable, I also really like how far it sticks out now, very nice and does sit flush (however the narrow connector stem could be half as long, as is it goes into the ceramic pathway about halfway, so not a big deal and still gives the full pathway effect, and it actually means it could be pulled out a tiny bit further for a little extra if I wanted although then it would wobble more of course) helping it feel much more secure, with only the slight wobble back and forth possible now (which is due to the extra room in the FW9 wood there, probably could be countered with extra felt if desired)

GVB stem. Have you used one before? It is much different and/or cooler than the OE stem? Is it difficult to clean the bricks?

Now that I have had some time with it, I can say it is not necessarily that different, although it definitely is a little different... Mine of course is slightly longer, which helps with slightly more cooling, not only that it is the wider diameter part that is longer as I made the narrower tube shorter... I think the little taper mouthpiece is great yeah and he can make different style mouthpieces depending on what you want (in his drops he has been doing pinch flat versions as well)... the airflow is wide open, the cooling bricks move around a little bit, so there is enough room that I don't think cleaning will be any issue with iso and hot water, they do seem to offer some nice cooling effect as slight obstruction in the pathway, there is also a spike on either end to keep them in, though the stock stem has more spikes and a rotated configuration for them, they don't cool that strongly either anyway... Something that really is nice with the design of the FW9 is that ceramic elbow pathway, gives you some right angle cooling before it enters the glass stem, however I also like to ride the low temps partly for the smoother hits personally... So yeah quite a few variables here, though I hope it helps you :tup:

Top Bottom