Firewood Vaporizer

smoke_doggg

Off topic slightly, but Having got the firewood and it being awesome, i feel as if i need a home plug in vaporizer, does any one know why The firewood cant be used plugged in? Or can someone recommend a good cheap home vape, along the same lines and ethos attached as the fire wood?

Last edited:
smoke_doggg,

darkrom

Great Scott!
He hasn't released an adapter to do that yet. I think he said he was going to, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

darkrom,

smoke_doggg

I may wait then that will save a whole heap of money!
Yeah he said 16.99 i believe but its a few weeks out

Still tho any suggestions on a good wooden home vape?

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
smoke_doggg,

grokit

well-worn member
A log vape would be a good companion, also the vapolution 2.0 is worth checking out as an all-in-one plug-in solution for a little less $.

grokit,

HSIHP

A few questions for you guys before my lovely FW gets here this weekend.

Is it ok to leave it on the charger over night? I've read that battery takes a it to charge but would it be bad for the batter to be plugged in for too long? Also, what kind of grind are you guys (and gals) using? I have the MF FG as well as the nano and a 2 piece SC so I can get all sorts of grinds. What have you found works best?

HSIHP,

smoke_doggg

Not too sure about the battery but im sure its fine as when the light on the charger is green i believe that means its no longer charging, as for grind a medium to light grind is best if you grind too much it can block the screen with abv, also too fine can combust! and fuck that!
A few questions for you guys before my lovely FW gets here this weekend.

Is it ok to leave it on the charger over night? I've read that battery takes a it to charge but would it be bad for the batter to be plugged in for too long? Also, what kind of grind are you guys (and gals) using? I have the MF FG as well as the nano and a 2 piece SC so I can get all sorts of grinds. What have you found works best?

mod note: Edited to fix broken quote.

Last edited by a moderator:
smoke_doggg,
Reactions: HSIHP

Vapodudule

hey there, my fw arrived and i could have a small session out of small load. unfortunately i wanted to add a u-fine screen on bottom of he chamber and doing so i deformed the brass screen. d you think th brass have heating purpose or just filtering? brillant vape unit at first sight. keep you tuned.

Vapodudule,

Vapodudule

because the brass scren on the bottom of the chamber is too coarse. I always vape weed fine grinded.

Vapodudule,

HSIHP

Well, I was hoping it would come today but alas the postman was empty handed. Looks like I'll be waiting until next weekend to be able to try this baby out. I have been occupying my time be reading the whole thread 3 or 4 times. :p

Vapodudule

Alright folks,
I have not exploited the fulll potential of firewood yet. i am at the first charge, the unit is beautifully made.
i noticed a first source of moding, the mouthpiece seal, the session n°2 was annoyed by it. I think an oring would be perfect. you can catch a seal by pressing wood but a perfect seal needs oring.

Vapodudule,
Reactions: vii

Grange Goreman

Wood lover
Hello Firewoooders,

I'm still waiting for my walnut baby but anticipating:

to fix the screen issue i was thinking about a part of flashvape's circle mesh screen maintained by the spring ,do you think it can fit ?

Last edited:
Grange Goreman,

Vapodudule

Things go on folks. Exploring this new device with known mods. i feel that the devie should fit my needs with a perfect air seal to pull out all vapor you produce.

for the first source of moding: i got a tight seal from a slice of PV tubing (3rd dimension from little one) with stock moutpiece. the slice should be put between coil screen and wood of mouthpiece. But the slice does not go completely in the tube. Then i tired a more adjusted 14m joint Eclipse H2O piece and bigger portion of pv tubing, and wow perfect seal. I made a session with f-bomb and big coulds.

Another source of moding is a bullet for loading material on the oven (which is big for my need).
I did like vaporizando.com showed us: DV can in the chamber (w/o the white rubber part). the rubber part should be on if we have a direct succion on the hole of it.
I have to try with a MF glass stem and tubing to see if it works.

Another improvement could be a mode where you dont have to keep the button pressed, i noticed that clouds stop when you stop to press it down. the future should haave this feature for me.

HSIHP

It's here, It's here!

:o Wow this thing is beautiful! Amazing wood grain and the perfect dark brown.

It is MUCH smaller than I imagined but I did picture it to be kind of large. It fit great in my hand, not completely discrete by itself but once I get good at using it I think it could be an "out-and-about" vape. Not clunky at all and it has a great heft to it, just enough for it to feel solid.

I will not be able to use it until Friday though. :( Sadly (but for the better) I am on a t-break to get my tolerance down. That and the fact my sleep cycle is being thrown off with the amount I have been using.

Over all though so far, I am very satisfied. It's on the charger now after running it to almost empty. It was getting pretty hot and I didn't want to mess it up to bad before even using it.

And now, the pictures!

Bp9RsZh.jpg

ucj3eXC.jpg

EDIT: By the way, the mouthpiece fits great in the Magic Flight tubing so I'll be able to hook it up to the infamous bubbler as well as my WPW for a longer vape path. :tup::rockon::rofl:

Last edited:

marduk

daydreamer
It's here, It's here!

:o Wow this thing is beautiful! Amazing wood grain and the perfect dark brown.

It is MUCH smaller than I imagined but I did picture it to be kind of large. It fit great in my hand, not completely discrete by itself but once I get good at using it I think it could be an "out-and-about" vape. Not clunky at all and it has a great heft to it, just enough for it to feel solid.

Mine came today too, and I agree, this is a really nice vape that looks good, feels good in the hand, and has a perfect size to weight ratio.

Sadly, mine broke before I could even use it once. In preparing for first use, I did 3 burnoffs of 90 seconds that produced a decent amount of vapor that finally disappeared during the last half of the 3rd burnoff. The vapor mostly came out of the side windows and actually smelled nice and woody and not toxic at all. I did hear some crackling which I assumed was harmless excess mineral oil/beeswax.

So of course I get all excited about putting in the first load and... no heat! So now I have to go through the whole return/exhange thing, which I hate with a passion. :ugh:

marduk,

HSIHP

Mine came today too, and I agree, this is a really nice vape that looks good, feels good in the hand, and has a perfect size to weight ratio.

Sadly, mine broke before I could even use it once. In preparing for first use, I did 3 burnoffs of 90 seconds that produced a decent amount of vapor that finally disappeared during the last half of the 3rd burnoff. The vapor mostly came out of the side windows and actually smelled nice and woody and not toxic at all. I did hear some crackling which I assumed was harmless excess mineral oil/beeswax.

So of course I get all excited about putting in the first load and... no heat! So now I have to go through the whole return/exhange thing, which I hate with a passion. :ugh:

That sucks, marduk! I have never had to go through that process but I can only imagine.

I did about 2 mins of total burn off time and had no visible vapor. It did get pretty hot though. The one thing that is bothering me is the fact that the mouthpiece and wooden top is not solid. It wobbles easily and while I don't believe it would fall of, for my own sake, it is going to need a rubber band.

I also had an interesting thought while messing with it. Where is the air intake on this thing? Is that why the mouthpiece is loose?

HSIHP,

marduk

daydreamer
That sucks, marduk! I have never had to go through that process but I can only imagine.

I did about 2 mins of total burn off time and had no visible vapor. It did get pretty hot though. The one thing that is bothering me is the fact that the mouthpiece and wooden top is not solid. It wobbles easily and while I don't believe it would fall of, for my own sake, it is going to need a rubber band.

I also had an interesting thought while messing with it. Where is the air intake on this thing? Is that why the mouthpiece is loose?

Hmmm... that's interesting that you got no vapor during burnoff. One of us might be an outlier.

It's funny that you mention the mouthpiece holder, because yours looks pretty flat to me and I mentioned how mine sits at an angle in the email I sent to Marc. I was planning on using a rubber band just like you, but then NO HEAT, so I didn't even get a chance to go scrounging for one. :lol:

The air comes in through the two side windows at the top then travels down past the nichrome wire, then does a u-turn and goes up through the brass screen and the heating chamber. There are no air leaks aside from the possible poor seal at the mouthpiece. I tested it by blocking off the windows and getting a good seal at the mouthpiece and drawing.

marduk,

HSIHP

Hmmm... that's interesting that you got no vapor during burnoff. One of us might be an outlier.

It's funny that you mention the mouthpiece holder, because yours looks pretty flat to me and I mentioned how mine sits at an angle in the email I sent to Marc. I was planning on using a rubber band just like you, but then NO HEAT, so I didn't even get a chance to go scrounging for one. :lol:

The air comes in through the two side windows at the top then travels down past the nichrome wire, then does a u-turn and goes up through the brass screen and the heating chamber. There are no air leaks aside from the possible poor seal at the mouthpiece. I tested it by blocking off the windows and getting a good seal at the mouthpiece and drawing.

Yeah mine does sit at an angle, although a very small one. Just enough to bother me. :|

I tried creating a seal on the windows and I got no luck. I'm pretty sure I made a seal but i heard the air rushing in the mouthpiece. I guess I'll have to see how it works on Friday. I'll go try it with the rubber band

EDIT: Just tried plugging the windows with my hands and pulled right from the hole on the top of the unit (no mouthpiece) and had tons of air flow. Are you sure that is where the air intake is?

HSIHP,
Top Bottom