Firewood Vaporizer

Teemo

Thanks for the reply, I have another question: is there warranty? The main website says nothing about warranty

Teemo,

smoke_doggg

I believe its got a 1 year warranty for working parts but I dont believe the battery is covered, having said that, from the very few people tha have had an issue marc the creator of the firewood has been more than fantastic in going above and beyond to sort the customer out, as for the ss cups i think the da vinci oil cans fit,
where do you get these caps from?
Thanks for the reply, I have another question: is there warranty? The main website says nothing about warranty

smoke_doggg,

HSIHP

So anyone receive their FW from the massdrop sale? I think I was around #55 so hopefully mine will come soon.

Any chance us FCer's can just a few spots in line?:dog:

HSIHP,

Trever

So anyone receive their FW from the massdrop sale? I think I was around #55 so hopefully mine will come soon.

Any chance us FCer's can just a few spots in line?:dog:

I ordered myn the last day of the massdrop so im guessin im around 100? But when i ordered my orginal firewood it was to my doorstep within 4 days so im guessin hes on top of it. Its not even been a full week for me since ive ordered ;)

Trever,

HSIHP

I just heard from Marc. He said the first 50 have already gone out and the next 50 will be sent next week. It looks like the domestic orders are coming straight from him so shipping should be quick.

I just keep getting more excited for this thing. To bad I have to wait until next weekend although I bet i'll forget all about the wait as soon as it's here. :whip:

HSIHP,
Reactions: grokit

darkrom

Great Scott!
My friend has his waiting at home. I ordered before him, so hopefully I come home to a great surprise.

I'll be able to run it through its paces today/tonight for sure.

How long should it take to charge from completely dead? I'm partially color blind, and probably won't know when its done charging until I "get used to" the lights brightness differences.

Last edited:

Grasp

So I am looking to get my first vap and I am between firebox, MFLB and a solo. Looking for discrete , low odor , and generally I take on small bong hit and I am more then good.
Any ideas if the firebox behaves well with such small amounts.. Seems to fill the other criteria nicely from what I have read here

Grasp,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Charging. Initial impressions are it is built WAY more solidly and impressively than I expect. Also smaller than expected and does fit the palm very well.

Going to bring this out with me tonight. Very tempting to do a test bowl before letting it charge fully. I'll resist so it is good tonight.

How many real world usage bowls are people getting on average per charge? I know this varies greatly, just curious what to expect from some other members.

If it performs as well as it looks and feels I'll be very glad I bought this.

Ano

FC Lover
So I am looking to get my first vap and I am between firebox, MFLB and a solo. Looking for discrete , low odor , and generally I take on small bong hit and I am more then good.
Any ideas if the firebox behaves well with such small amounts.. Seems to fill the other criteria nicely from what I have read here

I don't own the Firewood so don't take my words for it but I have a MFLB, and from what I have experimented with it and from what I have read about the Firewood, I *think* that the MFLB is at least a little more efficient on the quantity/effects ratio.
So basically the two of them would be great for you judging your expectations, but with the MFLB one load will probably last you a little bit longer than with the Firewood.
If you are looking to make large vapor clouds, the Firewood will perform better (or at least in an easier way) than the Box.
And yeah, both will work well with small amounts.

Last edited:

GMahler

I've been mainly using small amounts in it and it works very well. You can get pretty good clouds using small amounts too, which is nice. Since the nichrome wire heating element is near the bottom, I actually think it's slightly less efficient when loaded further than halfway up in the window.

grokit

well-worn member
I've been mainly using small amounts in it and it works very well. You can get pretty good clouds using small amounts too, which is nice. Since the nichrome wire heating element is near the bottom, I actually think it's slightly less efficient when loaded further than halfway up in the window.

That's exactly what I would expect based on the reviews I've read/watched.

It looks like a one-hitter and acts like one too!

Grasp

Thanks for the info , and insights .I am sold love the fact that it is also a local company to support for us new Englanders

Grasp,

Trever

I fill myn halfway loosely. Just make sure your glass draw stem doesnt compress the load or you wont be able to shake it to rearrange the load. Even vape every time, I usually will get 5-8 loads depending on how dry my material is and grind consistency. You will love it Darkrom its a beautiful device

Trever,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Thanks for the info , and insights .I am sold love the fact that it is also a local company to support for us new Englanders

Really? Where is it out of?

So far I love it, but I have some learning to do so I don't want to rush any judgement until I get a better feel for it. Initial impressions are that my biggest gripe is that it is hard to empty the bowl if your keys don't happen to fit to let you stir it up. Carry something slim and problem solved I guess.

Flavor its hard to say. I dry hit it before the first load and thought I'd hate it. Strong wood flavor. First load had some fairly strong wood flavor. By the 2nd bowl its 95% gone, and the 5% wood flavor is actually a positive thing. Think MFLB, but with a set of balls.

Still need to get used to the draw speeds and heat times, but it is capable of putting out bigger hits than a MFLB with years of practice IMO/IME. So it is more than capable of getting hot enough.

Not really any complaints other than need something to unload the bowl after, and I can't really keep my keys in the same pocket as this because the top will get knocked off. Easily fixable with just a rubber band around it for extra protection if needed.

Very glad I bought it and I'd say based on initial impressions it is worth the full price that they go for. Unless something catastrophic happens soon I'm pretty damn impressed for the price. I'm sure I'll only grow to like it even more after time.

Trever

Really? Where is it out of?

So far I love it, but I have some learning to do so I don't want to rush any judgement until I get a better feel for it. Initial impressions are that my biggest gripe is that it is hard to empty the bowl if your keys don't happen to fit to let you stir it up. Carry something slim and problem solved I guess.

Flavor its hard to say. I dry hit it before the first load and thought I'd hate it. Strong wood flavor. First load had some fairly strong wood flavor. By the 2nd bowl its 95% gone, and the 5% wood flavor is actually a positive thing. Think MFLB, but with a set of balls.

Still need to get used to the draw speeds and heat times, but it is capable of putting out bigger hits than a MFLB with years of practice IMO/IME. So it is more than capable of getting hot enough.

Not really any complaints other than need something to unload the bowl after, and I can't really keep my keys in the same pocket as this because the top will get knocked off. Easily fixable with just a rubber band around it for extra protection if needed.

Very glad I bought it and I'd say based on initial impressions it is worth the full price that they go for. Unless something catastrophic happens soon I'm pretty damn impressed for the price. I'm sure I'll only grow to like it even more after time.

I have no issues emptying the load. Only problem ive run into is after around 10 loads oil collects on the inside of the glass tube, which then makes the material want to stick to the sides. When your emptying the tube just make sure its warm and give it a few nice wacks on your hand or on something solid like a table etc. Also for me stirring isnt needed, a few shakes do the trick more than alright. Hope that helps buddy, there is definetly a slight learning curve more so than the mflb but once youve got your timing right she hits like a champ with hardly any cleaning

Trever,
Reactions: darkrom

darkrom

Great Scott!
Don't get me wrong I'm using it and using it well, just saying there is always a learning curve until you do it even better. I'm still improving my cera technique after months.

Really liking the firewood now that its getting broken in.

Anyone got any cool cases for theirs? I just don't want to add size to the thing, so I may keep it no case and just add an elastic to hold the top on extra tight.

Trever

Don't get me wrong I'm using it and using it well, just saying there is always a learning curve until you do it even better. I'm still improving my cera technique after months.

Really liking the firewood now that its getting broken in.

Anyone got any cool cases for theirs? I just don't want to add size to the thing, so I may keep it no case and just add an elastic to hold the top on extra tight.

Ill have to take a picture of myn the original one i bought was unfinished maple and i used a pen burner do do some art on it like the flower of life, seed of life etc. Turned out really cool looking, some type of insulator cover might be a great idea to keep that residual heat in there in between hits though??

grokit

well-worn member
That artwork sounds cool @Trever, looking forward to a pic!

On your other point, I would think that cooling down would be desired if you want something to come back to if you didn't finish your load.

grokit,

gvape

I got my Firewood from Massdrop today, wasnt even expecting it... Quite a nice surprise. Only downside is that it needs to be charged up. Its been sitting charging for a little over an hour now. I hope I can get to test it out soon. Very interesting build, the press button on the side is cool, but the wood around it I can see breaking if dropped or banged against something. Definitely a vape you need to take extra care of. Really excited to see how it performs though.

gvape,

Teemo

Hey, I live in Florida and will be placing an order tomorrow. How long does it take to arrive?

Also, I've rea in the first few pages the screen should be modified and moved down a bit, though that seems to have been an earlier model. Does that still apply to the current ones?

Last edited:
Teemo,

GMahler

Hey, I live in Florida and will be placing an order tomorrow. How long does it take to arrive?

Also, I've rea in the first few pages the screen should be modified and moved down a bit, though that seems to have been an earlier model. Does that still apply to the current ones?
I cut out a small screen for the mouthpiece and use the spring that comes on it to hold it in place. The screen situation is not ideal as the spring by itself lets too much through, and is not exactly the best at holding in screens either. A redesign of the spring for use as a mini screen holder would be welcomed by me. I don't mins cutting them out myself as I can get 3 mini screens out of one regular one.

GMahler,
Top Bottom