FC Poker Club

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Call it a stab in the dark, but I would like to start up an 'FC Poker Chat' of sorts. I am an avid (recreational) poker player and in seeing that Pokerstars started a 'home game' option I started playing around with it a bit. I went ahead and created an FC poker area (and yes its all FREE)

If enough interest is generated, tournaments can be scheduled (and blah blah)

I just think this is a cool way to be able to play a little poker with some folk a bit more familiar than your average poker room peeps. :)

Here are the instructions -
You are invited to join my private poker club for Home Games online.

- If you don't already have it, download the free PokerStars software from www.pokerstars.com
- Open the main poker lobby, then click on the Home Games tab
- Click the 'Join a Poker Club' button
- Enter my Club ID number: 76812
- Enter my Invitation Code: ssvroxmang

That's it! Once I've approved your membership request, we'll be ready to start playing Home Games online together.

If you want to find out more, visit www.pokerstars.com/homegames

See yall there!

AGBeer,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Dude!! You are awesome!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE poker!! I'm a texas hold 'em gal mostly nowadays but actually met my husband for the first time at a poker table...over 20 years ago ROFL!!

I play on a few sites...already signed up ;) Thanks! Look forward to our first FC tourney! I'm all in :D

Lo,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Woot! Glad to see ya there!

Cant wait to get some poker on up in hurrrrr!

Also, any suggestions please let me know and Ill see what I can do!

AGBeer,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Kewl deal - I also found out that once you sign in/up for the 'league' it will email you of upcoming games and when ring games open up as well. Hopefully we can get a regular game of sorts running - ATTN VENDORS (that love poker) - This could be a cool way to have a give away of sorts no? It tracks the stats of people based on the games played and you can set them up to track quarterly, bi or annually.
Just a thought... :brow:

AGBeer,

Plotinus

Hilarious. I belong to a couple of other forums and this home game thing has just been rolling through them. Genius on Pokerstars' part. I'll join.

Plotinus,

thedeserttortoise

I'm in....great idea. and by the way...whats that invitation code mean?...

I joined but couldn't get to the home game sign up or pick a club page....? Where is that home tab your talking about? I see to hot spot on the bottom that talk about home games... are those it? or is the tab your talking about on the top with the rest of the tabs?....just a lost tortoise...

thedeserttortoise,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
When you sign into Pokerstars (with the app) you see the normal screen with all of the tables (It can be confusing but simplified with filters... Nevermind. Just look at the big red arrow :) )
Homegames.jpg

Then you can join a league - it will give you this dialog. Enter the creds posted :)
pokeroom2.jpg

AGBeer,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
No probs :) And welcome to the folks who have joined! I think we are up to a whole 6 people now :) I figure once we get at least 10 or so, Ill start scheduling games just for fun and give us a chance to sit down and play some cards.

Now, is there a 'general time' that would allow the lot of us to be able to sit down and play some poker (maybe a scheduled game) I know that my regular place has a freeroll every night at 9:40(EST).

Im gettin excited! :p (And chilling in the ring game room right now - its the FREE table BTW)

*Note* When you look in the lobby, you will see the play $$$ table and the real $$$ table. The RM table is there merely for a convenience factor *if* any of you choose to play in there. (It is NOT necessary to have real $$$ for the normal games - but its there if yall want) :)

AGBeer,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Yessir, I figured I would schedule a game just to see if we could garner some interest out of the couple a people we have. Im figuring I might just schedule a handful of games (not tracking stats yet) just to get the ball rolling and see if its something that might catch on :)

AGBeer,

Lo

Damn... I feel stupid lol! I tried registering for the FC tourney and it won't let me because I don't have any play money :/

I play cash games and have $$ in :D there but no funny money. How do I get play money?? Anyone know? Thanks!

EDIT!! DUH!!! I figured it out. Read something...funny I had to pretend to go to a table to get play money...crazy lol. Anyhow I have my funny money, I'm ready ;) See you guys at the table!

Lo,

midnight rider

Smashing idea, just registered with FC and would love to give it a whirl if you don't mind havin a newbie play now and then :lol:

midnight rider,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Absolutely! Here in about an hour from now the tourney will begin.

And the best part is - ITS FREE. (Of course this also means that the winner gets an abundance of play $$$ too) but ya gotta get the ball rolling somewhere!

Look forward to seeing you all there!

AGBeer,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
I know how to play poker, but I don't know how to play poker...if that makes sense. I know the rules and I can play...but I'm not good, but if its free I'm in. I'll set it up tomorrow when I have some time.

finchrock24,

Pappy

shmaporist
Fun AG! WTF was that GUI, Windows 3?

Holy motherfucking shit that was garish!!!!! :lol:

Pappy,

Lo

Damn! I got home about 10 minutes too late for this. I watched for a bit ;) Next time!!

I don't get home til around 9pm on Mon, Tues and Thurs nights. I'll look for the next one though :D

Thanks for setting it up AG.

Lo,

thedeserttortoise

Don't mess with the Tortoise...... ;)

Thanks AG.... great idea... you guys better bring more money next time though.....

thedeserttortoise,

Plotinus

Yep, Tuesday's a late work night for me, rarely home before 10. I could do a midweek game on another night, though.

Plotinus,
Top Bottom