Favorite cover versions of the classics...

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
Anything Jeff Buckley covered. Obviously Hallelujah. Cover or not, that's Jeff Buckley's song, and it drives me nuts whenever I hear someone else thinking they have the right to pretend to be Jeff Buckley. Another JB cover I really like is Back in NYC (early Genesis, with Peter Gabriel). Most artists ruin covers, but Jeff Buckley took great songs and made them phenomenal.

Aimless Ryan,
Reactions: BD9

lwien

I vividly remember the very first time I heard this. I was in my parents driveway in my car, the day right after serving 4 years in the Air Force, and this came on the radio. Prior to this, I was just into "normal" rock and roll. And then...............THIS and it literally turned my world inside out and I was like...........OMFG !!! THIS is where I belong........and things haven't been the same since.

Last edited:

jim-bob

Anything Jeff Buckley covered. Obviously Hallelujah. Cover or not, that's Jeff Buckley's song, and it drives me nuts whenever I hear someone else thinking they have the right to pretend to be Jeff Buckley. Another JB cover I really like is Back in NYC (early Genesis, with Peter Gabriel). Most artists ruin covers, but Jeff Buckley took great songs and made them phenomenal.
I'm so sorry, Ryan..

howie105

Any seventies or eighties band still playing their stuff from the seventies and eighties are often their own cover band. But that’s OK after they all die all the nineties and new century folks will become their own cover bands in their turn. Look at Elvis and Sinatra performing zombies that took forever to decay but kept preforming their old stuff most every night someplace like Vegas and if you look now you can find their replacements.

Top Bottom