Favorite convection vapes as of September 2019

GoldenBud

I’d love to hear from those in the know... what’s your favorite true convection vape (and excluding all hybrids).

I know there are many great hybrids out now. But I got spoiled by the grasshopper and the one-and-done flexibility of convection.

So let me know what you’ve tried and what you love.

Thanks!
Splinter Z with DNA250 / DNA75 mod. A desktop portable device, massive clouds and good taste. no hotspots.
there's a good DNA75 mod which is under 60$ priced

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
People keep reminding me here that my wife is going to kill me when I get the firewood 6.0 or ANOTHER FUCKING VAPE?!? DON'T YOU OWN ENOUGH OF THEM ALREADY?!?!
But anyway she is great because she got me the Enano for birthday couple years ago and doesn't even use cannabis herself but understand that her hyberactive triple slipped disc husband needs it to live so respect for her and a lot of love

But I only use convection vapes and recently got the Dreamwood Glow that is a instant heat up 510 vape with some sweet wood work skills that really show so now that is top of my list, if I pick easy of use and reliability then the Enano but now we talking plug in not portable, the most portable one I got is the grasshopper but that is a cursed son of a bitch that hits like a truck but is as reliable as a crackhead at a crack convection.

Now as we talk about hitting like a truck and not as easy to use then the hopper then it's the Stickybrick hydrobrick that I literally won in a contest and used right with its huge bowl then it will literally hit like a brick.
Seriously gets close to the feel of a dab with good enough weed and fully loaded bowl, also you THINK your combusting because how thick the vapor is so you stop halfway filling the bong but checking the bowl and it's barely browned?

So basically non portable's:
Enano for always tasty and classy bowl while being used often and incredibly reliable, had it for over 5 years and been on constantly for 2 of those years.

Hydrobrick is when you need to become a brick but doesn't get used unless I wanna be useless (kills also any backpain or sends me to sleep if needed)

Portable:
Grasshopper fantastic piece of tech that milks anything and any size but horrendously unreliable and need to change batteries between "couple" of bowls (glass half empty deal).

Dreamwood Glow I had for 2 days and only vapes avb and mint out of it but seams to be able to milk as good as hopper and Enano while still being portable and battery size is up to how big of a mod you have, I only used 15% of my joytec d2/3 with two batteries and had like 10-15 bowls so basically this evening I packed up the other vapes and gave them a break while I honeymoon with the GLOW.

Also wanna say that it comes with generous amount of accessories while being around 150 bucks wooden, glass and 14mm stem, extra coils, Allen key for changing coils, scraper and tweezer, silicon rings and bunch of screens both flat, dome with rim and out, also the 18mm glow comes with 2 capsules you can fill

Going to give a review of it when I used it more but I am already pretty smitten but pretty sure I will fall in love with it
347cdae.jpg

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
People keep reminding me here that my wife is going to kill me when I get the firewood 6.0 or ANOTHER FUCKING VAPE?!? DON'T YOU OWN ENOUGH OF THEM ALREADY?!?!
But anyway she is great because she got me the Enano for birthday couple years ago and doesn't even use cannabis herself but understand that her hyberactive triple slipped disc husband needs it to live so respect for her and a lot of love

But I only use convection vapes and recently got the Dreamwood Glow that is a instant heat up 510 vape with some sweet wood work skills that really show so now that is top of my list, if I pick easy of use and reliability then the Enano but now we talking plug in not portable, the most portable one I got is the grasshopper but that is a cursed son of a bitch that hits like a truck but is as reliable as a crackhead at a crack convection.

Now as we talk about hitting like a truck and not as easy to use then the hopper then it's the Stickybrick hydrobrick that I literally won in a contest and used right with its huge bowl then it will literally hit like a brick.
Seriously gets close to the feel of a dab with good enough weed and fully loaded bowl, also you THINK your combusting because how thick the vapor is so you stop halfway filling the bong but checking the bowl and it's barely browned?

So basically non portable's:
Enano for always tasty and classy bowl while being used often and incredibly reliable, had it for over 5 years and been on constantly for 2 of those years.

Hydrobrick is when you need to become a brick but doesn't get used unless I wanna be useless (kills also any backpain or sends me to sleep if needed)

Portable:
Grasshopper fantastic piece of tech that milks anything and any size but horrendously unreliable and need to change batteries between "couple" of bowls (glass half empty deal).

Dreamwood Glow I had for 2 days and only vapes avb and mint out of it but seams to be able to milk as good as hopper and Enano while still being portable and battery size is up to how big of a mod you have, I only used 15% of my joytec d2/3 with two batteries and had like 10-15 bowls so basically this evening I packed up the other vapes and gave them a break while I honeymoon with the GLOW.

Also wanna say that it comes with generous amount of accessories while being around 150 bucks wooden, glass and 14mm stem, extra coils, Allen key for changing coils, scraper and tweezer, silicon rings and bunch of screens both flat, dome with rim and out, also the 18mm glow comes with 2 capsules you can fill

Going to give a review of it when I used it more but I am already pretty smitten but pretty sure I will fall in love with it
347cdae.jpg
I am a CALIFORNIA SURFER that traveled the PALE BLUE DOT we live on!
My wife from FRANCE tamed me somewhat?

She never as tried CANNABIS?

It is my survival medication 2-B = CIVILIZED

I ordered a OXFORD Dictionary 2correct my spelling!
U can teach a old dog new trick’s?

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
I am a CALIFORNIA SURFER that traveled the PALE BLUE DOT we live on!
My wife from FRANCE tamed me somewhat?

She never as tried CANNABIS?

It is my survival medication 2-B = CIVILIZED

I ordered a OXFORD Dictionary 2correct my spelling!
U can teach a old dog new trick’s?
No but an old dog can teach people old or forgotten tricks :razz:

yeswecann

I'm still trucking along with the miniVAP and NVFP showerhead.

I only use true convection for flower and would also like to hear what you maniacs are using these days.

I don't tend to tolerate the compromises inherent to portable flower vapes (my miniVAP is a desktop), but I have been eyeballing the ghost mv1... took some self control to pass on the recent sale

as far as what I've tried, it's all in my sig. my current two flower vapes outperformed them all
This is an interesting and insightful comment from a noob's perspective. I'm new to all this (just made a sig) and trying to figure out next steps. Recently that's had my brain on Lotus, bricks, Elev8r, new Volcano, MV1… Am I correct that you've never owned a log?

GetLeft

My youngest is getting her PhD in ENGLISH!

PHD in life explored!
(Somewhat)

My oldest son is a great leader!
My middle son is a great sport’s agent!

Love my family & LEMON HAZE this FRIDAY is acceptable!

White MOD (ROSIN 2-day) only 7 watts?

You are a lucky being!

I have always loved e-nano though currently not in use due to logistics.
And always Milaana, currently through h2o for the most part. Versatile!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
You are a lucky being!

I have always loved e-nano though currently not in use due to logistics.
And always Milaana, currently through h2o for the most part. Versatile!
I’m very opinionated!

Da NANO is simple and work’s well with water?

I have many and like a few.

Some like VW
Some like FORD
Some like TESLA
Some like PORCHE
Some like ROLLSROYCE

Some like JOINT’s
I like VAPING these daze?

NANO is simple and fits life?

joner

Little late to the party, but I'll weigh in with the full convection vapes I'm using. I've had my Lotus the longest, still one of my favorites. I picked up a tubo this summer, absolutely love it. I also picked up my first desktop, the E-Nano, and also love it!

I think the E-Nano is most consistent, Tubo is very similar, just somewhat portable, and the Lotus is just kind of its own breed, if I had to compare it to something it would be the Firefly, but manual heating.

I feel like I need to mention the Boundless Tera in this thread. It produces some massive vapor, I'm just not certain it's 100% convection (but are these glass on glass "connection vapes" really 100% convection? The glass seems to get very hot!). I do believe it's more convection than the Mighty (I can stick my finger in the herb chamber after a session). I also need to mention my Volcano Classic, it's so ubiquitous.

I need to state my opinion that I believe my Ghost MV1 Stealth is the WORST vape that I currently own, and the second worse I've ever owned (second only to herbva5g - what a piece). It's so fiddly and fidgety that I don't even bother reaching for it for fear of being disappointed.

I try not to get hung up on full convection vs conduction, as long as there's nice vapor quality, taste, efficiency and effects. These are more important to me than trying to get a pure convection vape, just because it sounds good. That being said, my vape collection suggests that I enjoy convection vapes over conduction.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I have a new Splinter ZV2 on a Think Vape Finder DNA250C and it's really good. Outperforms my custom Z I think and just never hot spots with the HerbieVonVapster ecigprofile.

RBT has the ZV2 of for $109 shipped and the ZV1 for $99 shipped right now.

The cooling stems are a must for the biggest hits. They've been on and off the store but I think he has them in stock. The new grey ones are thicker glass.

Mr. Me2

I have a new Splinter ZV2 on a Think Vape Finder DNA250C and it's really good. Outperforms my custom Z I think and just never hot spots with the HerbieVonVapster ecigprofile.

RBT has the ZV2 of for $109 shipped and the ZV1 for $99 shipped right now.

The cooling stems are a must for the biggest hits. They've been on and off the store but I think he has them in stock. The new grey ones are thicker glass.
You made me look. They’re actually on SUPER sale right now...

kimura

This is an interesting and insightful comment from a noob's perspective. I'm new to all this (just made a sig) and trying to figure out next steps. Recently that's had my brain on Lotus, bricks, Elev8r, new Volcano, MV1… Am I correct that you've never owned a log?

correct. I've tried a couple of them though (enano, underdog). no doubt they are great, but fill the same niche as the minivap (which I do not use as a portable). minivap outperforms them, but at a cost.

minivap is expensive, and not the most reliable long term in my experience, but the vapor quality is unmatched IMO

edit: looking at your sig... I really don't like big draw resistance either. I see you're considering the brick and the EVO. these both have pretty open draws and I think they are fantastic vapes

Last edited:

yeswecann

Little late to the party, but I'll weigh in with the full convection vapes I'm using. I've had my Lotus the longest, still one of my favorites. I picked up a tubo this summer, absolutely love it. I also picked up my first desktop, the E-Nano, and also love it!

I think the E-Nano is most consistent, Tubo is very similar, just somewhat portable, and the Lotus is just kind of its own breed, if I had to compare it to something it would be the Firefly, but manual heating.

I feel like I need to mention the Boundless Tera in this thread. It produces some massive vapor, I'm just not certain it's 100% convection (but are these glass on glass "connection vapes" really 100% convection? The glass seems to get very hot!). I do believe it's more convection than the Mighty (I can stick my finger in the herb chamber after a session). I also need to mention my Volcano Classic, it's so ubiquitous.

I need to state my opinion that I believe my Ghost MV1 Stealth is the WORST vape that I currently own, and the second worse I've ever owned (second only to herbva5g - what a piece). It's so fiddly and fidgety that I don't even bother reaching for it for fear of being disappointed.

I try not to get hung up on full convection vs conduction, as long as there's nice vapor quality, taste, efficiency and effects. These are more important to me than trying to get a pure convection vape, just because it sounds good. That being said, my vape collection suggests that I enjoy convection vapes over conduction.
Can the Tubo rip as hard as the Nano? Thinking about TetraX or Tubo Dual, or Herbie, or, well you get the gist...What do you hate about the MV1?

yeswecann,
Reactions: dimmusp

yeswecann

correct. I've tried a couple of them though (enano, underdog). no doubt they are great, but fill the same niche as the minivap (which I do not use as a portable). minivap outperforms them, but at a cost.

minivap is expensive, and not the most reliable long term in my experience, but the vapor quality is unmatched IMO

edit: looking at your sig... I really don't like big draw resistance either. I see you're considering the brick and the EVO. these both have pretty open draws and I think they are fantastic vapes
Thanks. That's a bummer about minivap reliability. I hesitate on Evo due to aging design (same with Mighty) and bricks due to ergonomics and consistency. Starting to explore the notion of a 510...

yeswecann,

flammy

This is such a tough question to answer. Most of my vapes are convection style heating and I like them all a lot.

Portable or desktop?

flammy,

elykpeace

exVASted
I really love the timber elite. I thought 6 inches would be too tall but it's really awesome and reliable and i get huge tasty clouds. Battery life is great, swappable batteries..it's a portable but you can't sneak it anywhere so that's the only downside. Im just glad I've found a replacement to my hopper.

That said fw6 is due anyday now. Already have someone in line to buy because it's going to have to blow me away to knock timber off it's throne. Herbalizer has been on the exchange.. I guess no one is interested in halogen convection. Found the Herbie's flavor to be amazing and it's a multi purpose vape . Just longing to be Vaped but yeah timber elite is the bees knees for sure. If your leaning twords a 510 vape but want a dedicated mod of check vapwood line up. I had the unregulated version (Lil bud) and it was great but I couldn't ever get conisitant hits .. not I have the timber elite so dialed in... It's been great so far and being handcrafted from wood I'm not worry about any malfunctions or warranty claims. Even tho I know @Bravesst has my back!

For real check this one out. The Lil bud elite is fatter but short and has the same DNA 75c ONBOARD! It's a really neat device I can't say enough good things about it.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
The Splinter ZV2 is on sale for $99 & the bubinga ZV1 for $89. Fabulous prices.

https://www.rastabuddhatao.com

Can the Tubo rip as hard as the Nano? Thinking about TetraX or Tubo Dual, or Herbie, or, well you get the gist...What do you hate about the MV1?
If you're looking for a portable with clouds and flavor to rival the enano I'd recommend getting a Splinter or Splinter Z while the sale prices are still up. See Summer's link above.

joner

I find the Tubo CAN rip as hard as the E-Nano, just not quite as consistently. I find that there's an amount of draw technique that is not present with the E-Nano. I generally need to perform ~ 10 second draw with the Tubo (evic - triple heater), and about 3-5 seconds with the E-Nano. Neither seem to care much about grind consistency and pack. I actually usually vape unground tiny nuggets in my E-Nano, and am pretty sure I have successfully done so with the Tubo (I'll have to try again). I do have to say I get more consistent results with the E-Nano, portable vs desktop arguments aside.

I feel I may have came off as hating the MV1. I absolutely do not.

I find all of my vapes are more consistent than my MV1. It's so dependent on grind consistency, pack (these variables may be a result of the small herb chamber size), how you operate the temperature / shipping mode, etc, that I find the experience not as enjoyable as with my Tubo, Mighty, E-Nano, Dynavap M, and Lotus (these in no particular order).

Hope this gets my feelings across.

Top Bottom