FakeXhale Cloud (Unauthorized and Unsupported)

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
I would also do all of the work while holding the cloud UPSIDE DOWN so the acetone does not drip into the bamboo. even having it on its side will help.

thank you. i will add that to my memory when i try this later. i am at work and i have to buy some acetone first. but please keep the suggestions coming if anyone has anymore. i am still so pissed at myself for being so stupid!!! i am dumb.... i will admit that... but i am usually not stupid!!

mmenzie,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Have you tried an ISO prep pad with some kind of dabber/scraper?

elbtools.jpg

mmenzie

Have you tried an ISO prep pad with some kind of dabber/scraper?

elbtools.jpg

not yet. i do not have a good scraper like that and i used my last 420wipe a few weeks ago and do not have more. but it is a good idea

I would also do all of the work while holding the cloud UPSIDE DOWN so the acetone does not drip into the bamboo. even having it on its side will help.

what will happen if it gets down the bamboo?? i am SURE i got some ISo down the bamboo for sure but i figured a good burn in would fix that. would that not fix the issue if some acetone got down there too??

Last edited by a moderator:
mmenzie,

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
91% ISO evaporates COMPLETELY at room temperature leaving no residue.

Nail polish remover has a bunch of other chems and stuff that will not evaporate fully and leave your bamboo smoking still most likely.

Now.. if you have pure acetone, thats a different story. It will evap fully.

Last edited:

WaxOnWaxOff

hello all... i know i really should search the cloud thread but it is huge and since i own a ebay cloud i thought i could ask this here......

i was really, really effed up last night and made a series of dumb mistakes one after another. i did not "break" my cloud... it still works thankfully but i did do something so stupid i am kicking myself still today. is everyone familiar with the bullet cleaning brush that comes with the pinnacle??? well at the height of medication last night after i just got done using my floud i was looking at the gong joint that the ELB goes in and noticed it looked dirty towards the bottom (i am sure you can see where this is going.....) so i stupidly stuck the brush in to clean the gong joint.... BEFORE I LET IT FULLY COOL DOWN. :doh: needless to say the first layer of the brush burnt its way into the glass gong right at the base of the vapor path.

after beating myself up, both figuratively and literally, i shut it down and let it cool off and went to bed to avoid doing further damage. this morning i soaked a q-tip with iso and started as best as i could rubbing it inside the gong joint. i was able to clean a little of the black melted mess but only a little. i then fired up the floud to the highest setting to attempt a burn off. the shit just started smoking like crazy. i was able to use another iso soaked q-tip while it was still hot and got some more of the black crud out but not all of it. the smoke did dissapate during the burnoff and the horrible smell did subside a little too, but i can still see a black ring when i look inside the gong.

is there a recommended way to clean the bamboo and the gong joint? can anyone out there be my savior and suggest a way to clean this thing?? i do NOT want to take it apart if i can avoid it cause i am sure i will put it back together and it will be fully broken. any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated right now.

thanks in advance
Stupid Menz

Sorry to hear about the mess! I've certainly had my share of moments like that. Sounds like it will be back to normal with a little patience, ISO, and Acetone.

Reminds of the two times I forgot to put the cap on the ELB. It is painfully annoying and time consuming trying to get all of those herb particles out of the 50~60 tiny slits on the VB Chandelier.

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Used the Cloud with my Swagger turbine from the EVO last night after a stressful day at work. Not nearly as smooth as the Moby but it was fun using it vertically for a change.

My unit is still working flawlessly. For how long I am not sure but it certainly gets the job done.

WaxOnWaxOff

Used the Cloud with my Swagger turbine from the EVO last night after a stressful day at work. Not nearly as smooth as the Moby but it was fun using it vertically for a change.

My unit is still working flawlessly. For how long I am not sure but it certainly gets the job done.

I ALREADY wanted an Ion. Now you are starting to make me think i *need* an Ion. :)

Such beautiful bubbles.

thesoloman

I ALREADY wanted an Ion. Now you are starting to make me think i *need* an Ion. :)

Such beautiful bubbles.
you do need an ion, everyone does! hell thesoloman needs one too. i can imagine how amazing it would pair with my fakexhale cloud, which as predicted has still been working flawlessly. One problem i did have was with matter being inhaled into the bamboo where it would stick to the glass. i solved this by placing and EQ elbow screen on the bottom of the bamboo. the screen fits perfectly in the bamboo. i then took a small amount of organic cotton and made an even finer filter. I have seen it filter out small particles that would otherwise be inhaled into the heater.

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
I loved my Ion before it broke, but since then i have come to really appreciate lower diffusion devices with vapor...better flavor. If I were going to buy another Ion it would be for smoking, not vaping. Just my :2c:

I hear you. Unfortunately I don't have access to the killer strains I used to get :( . Flavor is not that important to me these days.

King

Accessory Maker
I loved my Ion before it broke, but since then i have come to really appreciate lower diffusion devices with vapor...better flavor. If I were going to buy another Ion it would be for smoking, not vaping. Just my :2c:

Have you tried VB's High Performance Hydrator? I love that thing, no drag with the diffusion tuned in for vaporizers.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
So I've had my fakexhale for about a month now, and I'm loving it.

It seems to perform just as good as the legit clouds I've used (from another member, used a cloud+, and a 2nd one when the 1st died)

I pretty much just leave it at 2/2.30, and bump it up to 3/3.30 when my combuster buddies use it.

I've only got a couple of issues, which I guess could go in the main cloud thread, but I'll throw them out here first :)

1 - some of my Elbs (I've got 8) are a bit loose, to the point they can start to slip out just from the pressure of my draw.

Anyone got any tips on getting Elbs to fit a bit more snug?

2 - some of my glass pieces seem to grab the top of the ELB, leaving the whole ELB sitting in the joint. I've even had the top cap get stuck in my piece, while the elb stayed in the cloud.
I'm guessing if I resolve question 1 this will go away, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and how they resolved it.

Right now I'm just using my 45 degree adapter (which doesn't seem to grab the Elbs), and I'm awaiting a cloudbuddy :)

3 - my stock hydratube doesn't seal with the gong joint (my GBD hydratube fits fine).
I've moved the bamboo up as much as it seems to be able to move, but my hydratube still hits the "hot" plate and doesn't make a perfect seal.
I'm guessing there's not much I can do outside of trying to play with the bamboo a bit more, but its kinda disappointing that I can so easily pair other vapes to it, but not the vape it's designed to be used with :shrug:

It still performs well enough putting it on the "hot" plate, but that heats up the bottom of the hydratube too much for my liking.

4 - anyone got any tips on stopping that baked in ring at the bottom of the Elbs from forming?
I know I can clean it carefully with ISO after its there, but any tips on stopping it from forming?

But yeah, aside from those minor issues, I'm loving this thing.
The only time I've used another vape since I got it is when I've needed a portable.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Frederick McGuire

I do not have all the answers but i will do my best weith a few of them...

1- Loose ELB's
What i do i slightly bow them out a bit to widen them and then i find they fit better. I will also do this to the caps since some of mine are very loose. Some of my ELB's used to get sucked iut of the joint because they fit sdo loosely, now they stay in.

2- This all depends on how adventurous you are! I can lift my bamboo quite a bit, the bottom of the joint can be about 1cm from the hot plate on mine. You may need to open your unit and reposition the bamboo. This can be a pain as it is slightly painful to get it all back together again.

3 and 4 i cannot help you with... No HT yet and i have not got any baked rings on my ELB's.

lazylathe,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

mmenzie

i get the rings and i do not know how to stop them. one is so bad it is still there after a week soak in ISO and a brushing :(

mmenzie,

lazylathe

Almost there...
Not sure if the "rings" you guys are talking about is discoloration of the metal caused from the stream of hot air flowing through the restriction in the bamboo and into the ELB?
If that is the case then there is no way of getting rid of that ring.

lazylathe,

swahvay

Finally able to pull the trigger on a water piece. Getting the 13" cyclone ratchet perc bubbler with dewar joint from jhanpixel (via ioffer). I guess we'll see.

Performance has been pretty good but I've kept temps fairly low so as not to burn my mouth. Gonna crank it up once I get the bub in. Am excited, to say the least. Will post video if you guys wanna see it in action.

Not sure if the "rings" you guys are talking about is discoloration of the metal caused from the stream of hot air flowing through the restriction in the bamboo and into the ELB?
If that is the case then there is no way of getting rid of that ring.
Totally off-topic for the thread, sorry guys, but how do you like the Herbalizer? I viewed their website and all that jazz. Wondering how it works and how well it medicates.

mod note: Please do not hi-jack the thread. Ask about the Herbalizer in its own thread, thanks.

Last edited:

tepictoton

Make sure the dewar joint is not 'too deep' otherwise it might be the gong does not seal!

I have this exact problem with my favorite bubbler and need to use an adapter all the time:2c::peace:

swahvay

Make sure the dewar joint is not 'too deep' otherwise it might be the gong does not seal!

I have this exact problem with my favorite bubbler and need to use an adapter all the time:2c::peace:
I considered that. I just decided I'll try it and if it doesn't work, I'll just have to explore my options from there. But thanks for the heads up!

What bubbler do you have?

swahvay,
Top Bottom