FakeXhale Cloud (Unauthorized and Unsupported)

darkrom

Great Scott!
Ok, so this almost new cloud you are trying to re-sell isn't from from this ebay vendor? That would be sort of an amazing coincidence.

Almost new condition means its not beat up or damaged. I have 2 friends who just got evos. I traded some herb for his cloud+ that he no longer uses after his evo showed up, since the cloud I ordered on ebay is broken, and I wanted a working cloud.... I'm going to be sending the cloud from ebay back to get my $100 back once this paypal case is over, and I'll still have the other working one for sale.

I even just updated the nuggetry post that I'm guaranteeing it will work or your money/trade back. That would be pretty foolish of me to pay to ship something out, only to have it sent back, don't you think?

I don't find it amazing at all. In fact I had a ticker before and sold that, when I was expecting my evo to show up in OCTOBER.

Quite frankly the reason I'm selling the WORKING cloud+ is that its not even a fraction as hot as my old ticker model. The ticker at 12:00 would deliver pain relief. The cloud+ (from vapexhale) I find myself cranking it to max temp and getting similar vapor. These cloud+ units (legit ones) might be suitable for people who like low temp vapor, but to me even the authorized cloud+ isn't worth of the vapexhale name. So now I really don't want any clouds besides my evo. Even if I could find an OG ticker available, I don't know how long that would last before dying, and it can't be repaired either. Essentially the cloud+ does nothing for me, and the ebay version is even worse, as it does nothing AT ALL.

Last edited:
darkrom,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Ok, so this almost new cloud you are trying to re-sell isn't from from this ebay vendor? That would be sort of an amazing coincidence.
Not to stir the pot more...but, well yeah, it's totally to stir the pot some more...
Good looking out but this is a WORKING cloud+ that I got locally from a friend who is now using his evo (far before me sadly :( ). I'll even guarantee that this cloud+ will arrive in working condition, or your money/trade back if it makes you feel more comfortable about accusing me.

I am currently in the middle of a paypal dispute over the cloud that doesn't function that I got on ebay. Basically I paid $100 for a glass mouthpiece.

No worries, not what happened. Lets calm down a bit here and let me update you guys with what is going on on the ebay cloud. The nuggetry cloud is a working cloud+ from vapexhale.

...my friend has a cloud+ that he is thinking he is going to get repaired under warranty "some day" but it is my impression that that is unlikely to happen. He did buy an evo which was smart of him since VXC will take great care of him on that and they can do that since its in house, but I'm really starting to wonder if he will ever get his other one purchased from VXC warrantied at all.

So, you mean to say, you have two friends, one with a working Cloud+ and one with a dead one waiting on repair? Or did this friend with the dead one all of the sudden get it warrantied? Also, you yourself said you're pretty much just buying this for the mouthpiece and ELBs anyhow...right??
Screw it sent the $100 offer. I want the dry glass mouthpiece and some new ELBs. If I get a temporarily working cloud out of the deal then that is cool too. Evo to leave home and cloud+ to bring places.

darkrom

Great Scott!
So, you mean to say, you have two friends, one with a working Cloud+ and one with a dead one waiting on repair? Or did this friend with the dead one all of the sudden get it warrantied? Also, you yourself said you're pretty much just buying this for the mouthpiece and ELBs anyhow...right??

Yes. One has a dead cloud+ he is hanging on to with hopes that vapexhale will replace it someday. I think that is a pipe dream quite honestly, but whatever. His name is Joe.

The other friend sold me his still functional cloud+ after getting his evo. They are both using evos, but one had a working cloud+ and the other has a dead cloud+. I bought (with herb) the working cloud+. His name is kevin. He is the one who let me try his evo, when I decided that the top was way too hot for my liking.

A third friend has my old ticker, which I'm really starting to regret selling in the first place after all this cloud drama. His name is Chris.

I did say I'd gamble and get it for the mouthpiece and ELB's, but sadly I got just a mouthpiece. No ELBs. Thats ~$15 I was under the impression I'd be saving by gambling on this ebay cloud since others reported getting 3 ELBs. I got none.

Anyone else want to try to make me out to be a bad guy?

darkrom

Great Scott!
You wrote "I've only used it a handful of times" in your ad. Your friend on the other hand has used it enough to have pre-ordered a EVO.

I like how there's no mention of price either.

I have only used it a handful of times. He has used it a bit, but I took the time to clean the ELB to "like new" like I said. Is there some kind of problem here? Do you want to come over and hit the fucking thing so you can buy it? I added a MONEY BACK guarantee to the add...

I didn't add a price because I'm much more interested in trading it for a vape. Not to mention I have no idea what a last generation vaporizer is worth without a hydratube, now that they have released the evo. I'm hoping to get a nice trade. What a horrible offense?

You think... quit spreading lies.

I said I think. That isn't a lie it is my opinion. I don't think his cloud+ will ever be repaired. I didn't say it factually won't or anything.

So this became the shit on darkrom thread because I am selling a working cloud+ and happened to get fucked over buying the ebay cloud to gamble on?

Good job guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ripbongs420

vapiff
Even if I could find an OG ticker available, I don't know how long that would last before dying, and it can't be repaired either.

I said I think. That isn't a lie it is my opinion. I don't think his cloud+ will ever be repaired. I didn't say it factually won't or anything.

If someone new saw what you originally said, that is a huge difference from "they are not currently repairing older models and I don't think they ever will.

Last edited:
Ripbongs420,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Right? Thank you. I love the VapeXhale guys, I just think in my non fact based opinion that they won't want to spend a ton on equipment to build the old style heaters just to offer repairs to a small number of people. They'd need a lot to do that in huse id imagine.

Anonymouse

Sith I care
You said: Even if I could find an OG ticker available, I don't know how long that would last before dying, and it can't be repaired either.

Ahh the magic of edit.

If someone new saw what you originally said, that is a huge difference from "they are not currently repairing older models and I don't think they ever will.

Why didn't you quote what he originally said, then? As-is this exchange is extremely confusing. I still don't get what the "lie" was in the original post you replied to, if the line with "I think" in it was a later edit.

Edit after the edit: Okay, now I see. Although I guess technically saying it can't be repaired is true, at least for the foreseeable future. The implication that it will never be able to be repaired is a bit misleading, though.

Actually, that gives me a thought; We've seen from early prototype vids that the EVO guts fit inside the older metal enclosure. Why can't they repair Pluses by fitting EVO internals? Would reward people for patiently waiting? They're mass-producing those internals right now, after all, and they must be cheaper than custom-building a small run of new Cloud+ parts. Guess it depends on how many broken Pluses are in that queue...

Last edited:

Ripbongs420

vapiff
Why didn't you quote what he originally said, then? As-is this exchange is extremely confusing. I still don't get what the "lie" was in the original post you replied to, if the line with "I think" in it was a later edit.

The original quote wasn't working, It is fixed now. I'm usually just lurking around here and I see people saying that VXL will not repair broken Clouds quite often. I just don't want a random to see his first post and think "a regular here says they "can't be repaired". That can spread misinformation.

olivianewtonjohn

The original quote wasn't working, It is fixed now. I'm usually just lurking around here and I see people saying that VXL will not repair broken Clouds quite often. I just don't want a random to see his first post and think "a regular here says they "can't be repaired". That can spread misinformation.
Sorry I did not know "think" was added on by you, that was kind of confusing.

On the same hand it would be bad to not underline the potential risks of getting a older cloud (or even the evo to an extent given the track record).

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: sasNW

Ripbongs420

vapiff
Sorry I did not know "think" was added on by you, that was kind of confusing.

On the same hand it would be bad to not underline the potential risks of getting a older cloud (or even the evo to an extent given the track record).

I didn't. He said "I think" in the second one I quoted but the first one I quoted, that didn't work originally, he said "cant be repaired" when he should have said "currently". I apologize for the confusion.

I'm not trying to say they definitely will be repaired later on. It is a real risk that they will not, but as of now, repairing them in the future is the plan. It is irresponsible to say they can't be repaired without mentioning that that is just the current situation.

olivianewtonjohn

I didn't. He said "I think" in the second one I quoted but the first one I quoted, that didn't work originally, he said "cant be repaired" when he should have said "currently". I apologize for the confusion.

I'm not trying to say they definitely will be repaired later on. It is a real risk that they will not, but as of now, repairing them in the future is the plan. It is irresponsible to say they can't be repaired without mentioning that that is just the current situation.
I agree all info should be given to perspective buyers. But acting like there isnt some uncertainty (given the track record) is even more wrong IMO.

max

Out to lunch
It doesn't matter whether an original Cloud can be repaired or not, if you bought one through authorized channels they've said that the warranty will be honored once they have the means to do so. The company policy on these NON VXL units is posted on page 18 of this thread. I think it would be wise to assume that if you needed service on one of these units, you'd be completely out of luck.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
The company policy on these NON VXL units is posted on page 18 of this thread.
Here's the link and an excerpt:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapexhale-cloud-super-super-cheap.11412/page-18#post-494215
These units are not made to our spec and we are in no way affiliated with this seller. We do not support or warranty these products
This really isn't the place to discuss a member's offsite sale. Please take that discussion to private conversation if you would like to continue it. Thank you. :)

Note: I've removed 4 posts that continued the derail. Again, if you want to continue that discussion, please take it to a private conversation.

Last edited:

darkrom

Great Scott!
You guys are mucking up my favorite thread. Can we go back to discussing how happy we are getting ripped with these amazingly cheap, amazing clouds?

No...because mine doesn't work :(

However like I said my friend's from the same guy worked. So 50/50 shot quite literally from my experiences.

jeff

Pretty sure only two dissatisfied people in the thread. Possibly three. And one of those people's cloud works so I am confused by the dissatisfaction.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Pretty sure only two dissatisfied people in the thread. Possibly three. And one of those people's cloud works so I am confused by the dissatisfaction.

i wish i could say if i was satisfied or not. i have been staring at my cloud+ paperweight and watching the red/green light for a week now cause i have no ELB's to use in it. the ebay seller did not include any in the box i got (and yes i thoroughly checked the box and even dumped it out). all online stores are sold out. i tried to buy some over a week ago from an FC member in the classifieds but he was too stoned to get the mailing right and messed up (his words not mine). so now my only saving grace is that another FC member and someone i would consider a personal friend, is sending me a couple of spares he has but due to the holiday season i don't expect to see them arrive this week. so that will be two weeks most likely before i get to see if this thing really is everything it's hyped up to be and to see how much better it is than my DBV (that after 4+ years of using i can get HUGE lung busting hits from even with the smallest load).

mmenzie,

jeff

i wish i could say if i was satisfied or not. i have been staring at my cloud+ paperweight and watching the red/green light for a week now cause i have no ELB's to use in it. the ebay seller did not include any in the box i got (and yes i thoroughly checked the box and even dumped it out). all online stores are sold out. i tried to buy some over a week ago from an FC member in the classifieds but he was too stoned to get the mailing right and messed up (his words not mine). so now my only saving grace is that another FC member and someone i would consider a personal friend, is sending me a couple of spares he has but due to the holiday season i don't expect to see them arrive this week. so that will be two weeks most likely before i get to see if this thing really is everything it's hyped up to be and to see how much better it is than my DBV (that after 4+ years of using i can get HUGE lung busting hits from even with the smallest load).
If your friend is too high i will send you one.

mmenzie

If your friend is too high i will send you one.

thanks jeff!! i am SURE my friend who is sending them (not the seller i bought some from) will be too high, but not too high to forget and to send to the wrong address. i have vaped with this friend many times and he is a righteous dude!! he has helped me many times before. i will owe him one for sure when they do arrive

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
@mmenzie In the mean time, while you wait, have you tried Desperately Improvising :D?? Maybe get a pack of large screens, and see what you come up w/. If I was in your situation, I would be using that Cloud+ some how, right now.

I'm thinking you could try putting a screen in your down stem, and Up the temp on the cloud a little bit.. Maybe put a screen in the bamboo too, to keep parts from flying in there from back pressure. :shrug: It has to suck just staring at that thing. haha

olivianewtonjohn

For the guy with a dead on arrival cloud, what are the symptoms? Blinking led? Wish there was a way to look at it. Regardless I hope you get your money back. He accepted my offer, guess we will see what happens

olivianewtonjohn,

mmenzie

@mmenzie In the mean time, while you wait, have you tried Desperately Improvising :D?? Maybe get a pack of large screens, and see what you come up w/. If I was in your situation, I would be using that Cloud+ some how, right now.

I'm thinking you could try putting a screen in your down stem, and Up the temp on the cloud a little bit.. Maybe put a screen in the bamboo too, to keep parts from flying in there from back pressure. :shrug: It has to suck just staring at that thing. haha

i actually did try something but it did not work. i loaded up my buddha wand with flowers, then i placed a screen into the wand covering the load so that it wouldn't fall out when inverted. i then powered up the cloud and waited 15 or 20 min for it to heat up. i then put the buddha wand on the cloud joint where the ELB would go and tried hitting it. i got nothing. so i hope that is not a sign my cloud does not work?? my cloud does heat up as the "HOT" plate does get warm. not so hot that i can't touch it, but then again, i never put the dial past 1:00 so maybe that is not hot enough to get the "hot" plate too hot to touch it

Top Bottom