1. Take your Extreme to the next level with a free DDave mod kit!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Is anyone older than lwien? Find out here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Fake Solo and Ascent

Discussion in 'Counterfeit Vaporizers' started by syrupy, Jun 18, 2014.

1. syrupy

syrupy Authorized Buyer

Guess it was just a matter of time.
    Fake Solos and Ascents

From puffitup.com's blog:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2015
    OF, Quetzalcoatl, Seren and 3 others like this.
  2. sundaddy

sundaddy Well-Known Member

Well apparantly, according to the EBAY listing, they have Silver now. i hope when you receive the fake, you figure out something on it that will identify it quickly.

poonman likes this.
  3. mrweed

mrweed vaporizer review blogger

there is no fake solo (yet)! I've sent all sellers an email and every single one replied that they don't have them. I think these sellers started these offers just to see if there is enough demand to actually produce them.
    I guess it's the same with a few other units. What definitely does excist are vaporblunt 2.0, pinnacle pro, lifesaber and pax clones. Maybe the firefly, too.

OF and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  4. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity why would you expect a product made in Canada to be cheaper when shipped to China for marketing? I agree, it smacks of a 'fishing expedition', a perverse sort of market research?

Vapes actually made in China make much better candidates for 'gray market' (stolen, unauthorized production and so on) as well as flat out counterfeits I think. Not that fake Rolexes don't happen of course, but it's more logical to expect fake Casios?

But legit Solos made in China don't make sense.

Like others say 'stick to known, legit dealers'. Not only do you get an honest product but support you can count on.

OF

WakeAndVape and syrupy like this.
  5. MikeG7265

MikeG7265 Active Member

First the screens wouldn't fit. The oven isn't the correct size. The screen that came with it was copper.
    The rubber covering the power button was textured and not smooth like the auth.
    The bottom oven door wouldn't fit on my new one just kept falling out.
    The inside when you take the mouthpiece out was rubbery and textured, while the real is smooth plastic.
    Battery life was horrible.
    The led lights flashed in a different pattern.
    Heat up time was slightly longer.

There was a sticker on the back of the box that isn't on the auth ones.
    And I can't believe I noticed this, in the box where the flap has the four pictures that show the loading and stuff. The pictures on the auth one, when it shows the pax upside down, the x for the lights is on the bottom(upside down pic) and when they show it upright the x is on the top. But the fake, in the pics the x was always at the bottom.
    Like the pax, the printing on the fake is more blurred and the real is crisp.

Sad thing is, when it worked, it worked good. And had I not lost the screen I may have never know.

Hope this helps someone else from getting a fake one.

mod note: Copied from the Pax 2 thread

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2015 at 10:25 PM

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors