• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Fake Solo and Ascent

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Guess it was just a matter of time.
Fake Solos and Ascents

From puffitup.com's blog:

Wednesday, May 21
Fake Arizer Solo Vaporizers Are a Thing Now

There's no nice way of saying it, if a vaporizer is popular then there is probably a knock off out there. A few weeks ago we received an email from a manufacture in China Claiming to have Solos and Ascent Vaporizers:
Hi dear friends how do you do?i have solo davinci ascent vaporizer and more new items stock,if u are interesed for us,u can contact me anytime,thanks! skype: ******* best regards ***** Usually we ignore emails like this however this was the first time someone had confronted us with fake solos and ascents so we replied:
Hi ******
We are interested in the da vinci ascent and solos. do they look and work like the original?
And their reply:

Hi Dear friends
thanks for your reply,ours is 1:1 high qulity clone,
hot selling of USA,it is *** usd/set,our moq is 5 set,if you need i
can you a best price,i have stock now,but only have black.
i have more new items,i sent our price list to you,if you are interesed
for us contact me andytime,i'm waiting for your early reply,thanks!
Ugh, lets hope his "1:1" clones are better than his grammar. That was the last time we talked to *****, we don't want knock offs in our store so there was nothing else to talk about.
A few days ago, the price for solos on eBay has become suspiciously low:

These photos were taken from another seller, along with the product description. We have been selling solos since they were first available and there is absolutely no way that you can buy a new, authentic Solo Vaporizer for $60.
We went ahead and bought one of these and we can't wait for it to arrive. Purposely buying a fake vaporizer is one thing, but unfortunately there are lots of customers that have no idea. It's easy to spot a Fake Solo being sold for absurdly low prices, but many times it is more difficult. Here is what you can do to avoid being ripped off by one of these grey market sellers.
- Find a seller with a good reputation:
We did not post this sellers info, however his feedback was very low and his eBay account was very new. Look for sellers with a lot of online feedback, not just on eBay but check multiple forums and sources. Also, buy from vaporizer sellers and not random item vendors. Those of us who have worked in the vaporizer industry long enough know exactly what a knock off looks like, if a seller carries a bunch of random items just to make a quick buck, chances are they do not know enough about the product to tell if it is authentic or not.
-Ask the seller a question:
It doesn't really matter what you ask. Email and ask "what is the battery life" or "what type of power adapter does it come with" Just a simple question will give you an impression of the seller and if they can be trusted.
- Fill out your warranty info:
Email the manufacture with your vaporizers serial number and where you bought it from. That way the manufacture can verify that you have an authentic unit and they can track any sellers who have knock offs.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is:
This is true for any vaporizer. Check out the manufactures page then see what the retailer is selling them for. Does the discounted price make sense or does it seem surprisingly low?
We hope to have our knock off Solo within a week or two, be sure to check out our blog for pictures and a full comparison. Until then, pack a bowl and have a blurry day!

Last edited by a moderator:

sundaddy

Well apparantly, according to the EBAY listing, they have Silver now. i hope when you receive the fake, you figure out something on it that will identify it quickly.

sundaddy,
Reactions: poonman

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
there is no fake solo (yet)! I've sent all sellers an email and every single one replied that they don't have them. I think these sellers started these offers just to see if there is enough demand to actually produce them.
I guess it's the same with a few other units. What definitely does excist are vaporblunt 2.0, pinnacle pro, lifesaber and pax clones. Maybe the firefly, too.

OF

there is no fake solo (yet)! I've sent all sellers an email and every single one replied that they don't have them. I think these sellers started these offers just to see if there is enough demand to actually produce them.
I guess it's the same with a few other units. What definitely does excist are vaporblunt 2.0, pinnacle pro, lifesaber and pax clones. Maybe the firefly, too.

Out of curiosity why would you expect a product made in Canada to be cheaper when shipped to China for marketing? I agree, it smacks of a 'fishing expedition', a perverse sort of market research?

Vapes actually made in China make much better candidates for 'gray market' (stolen, unauthorized production and so on) as well as flat out counterfeits I think. Not that fake Rolexes don't happen of course, but it's more logical to expect fake Casios?

But legit Solos made in China don't make sense.

Like others say 'stick to known, legit dealers'. Not only do you get an honest product but support you can count on.

OF

MikeG7265

That's what I was going to ask you, how it worked. Can you give us some comparisons after you get well acquainted with your new Pax :science:

First the screens wouldn't fit. The oven isn't the correct size. The screen that came with it was copper.
The rubber covering the power button was textured and not smooth like the auth.
The bottom oven door wouldn't fit on my new one just kept falling out.
The inside when you take the mouthpiece out was rubbery and textured, while the real is smooth plastic.
Battery life was horrible.
The led lights flashed in a different pattern.
Heat up time was slightly longer.

There was a sticker on the back of the box that isn't on the auth ones.
And I can't believe I noticed this, in the box where the flap has the four pictures that show the loading and stuff. The pictures on the auth one, when it shows the pax upside down, the x for the lights is on the bottom(upside down pic) and when they show it upright the x is on the top. But the fake, in the pics the x was always at the bottom.
Like the pax, the printing on the fake is more blurred and the real is crisp.

Sad thing is, when it worked, it worked good. And had I not lost the screen I may have never know.

Hope this helps someone else from getting a fake one.

mod note: Copied from the Pax 2 thread

Last edited by a moderator:
MikeG7265,
Top Bottom