Fake News

florduh

F8BV_jyXEAA_4qU

"Have died" makes it sound like it was natural causes. Seems odd given that the median age in Gaza is 18 years old. Meaning at least half of those 500 people who ceased living (for whatever reason) were children.

florduh

This is an image of an apartment building in Gaza being bombed, so I'm not sure what this headline is implying.
F8AshTMWIAU44lT

New solution to the housing affordability crisis: convincing people homelessness is a "simpler life".
F8FRe0aX0AAgH1L

florduh

Very fucking cool that I get to live through post-9/11 bloodthirsty insanity twice! Awesome stuff!!

F8NXmE6WwAAS7oC

I guess the only difference is the average Israeli isn't as fucking brain dead as the average American. Something that isn't being reported in the straight up vile American press:

F8PPQL-WMAAB7Ps

florduh,
Reactions: Bologna

florduh

Let us be clear: This is a fraught moment, and one that has polarized not only Americans but people all over the world. It demands incredible sensitivity and strict adherence to journalistic standards of objectivity, and simply put, that is something we aren’t willing to do. Rather, we’re just going to say The Onion expresses its steadfast solidarity with Israel and leave it at that.

Why? First, because this editorial board doesn’t like getting yelled at. Second, there are going to be way fewer people with way less power mad at us. We don’t want to go up against the entire U.S. government, which through President Biden has expressed its unwavering support for Israel. Finally, and more importantly, it’s because we don’t want to and you can’t make us. You can’t. You seriously can’t. You cannot make us do all of this hard stuff. Ever. Seriously.

florduh

I was in high school in 2003. I wonder if this is how people who went to high school in the 80's felt when 80's nostalgia started getting big.

F8WYBWLXcAA4XlF

gangababa

No Speaker of the House
No Army Chief
No Chief of Naval Ops
No Head of the Air Force
No Ambassadors to Israel, Lebanon, Oman, Kuwait
No Commander of the Fifth Fleet
No one in 300 other military roles
No State Dept Coordinator for Counter terrorism
The GOP is decapitating us from within

Or so I am told

gangababa,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

gangababa

Fake news is the result of 'limited views'. The more one is deeply attached to being right, the less likely that one will ever be so.

Misinformation is rooted either in the misinformed or the deliberate choice to scream rather than investigate the truth of the lanyard on the lawn that in the dusk light frightens us, as the snake we think we see. We fear phantoms and shadows.

Propaganda is rooted in selfishness, it need not be lying but usually is by omission.

Truth should be sought without concern for how it will make one feel, how it will challenge prejudgements and predilections, preferences and desires; essentially the entire package of self-identity wrappers and labels and self-worth.

When the "me" is managed, the other is less bothersome. Lashing out is always wrong. No one can be only right. Everyone dies. Killing is always a choice, invariably birthing more bad than good results.

We had a misinformed and deliberately ignoring reality, reality-show star from a clearly not-reality TV show acting poorly as a President, and a person.
His "ME" was and is and never will be managed. But I am certain the he will eventually be slapped aside the head by the reality of a 2x4 wielded by his own queen of karmic-comeuppance.
It is nice to live in world that appreciates an adult in the room.

florduh

I watched the video. The New Yorker absolutely did a hit piece on this guy. I totally bought it too. But Minhaj also taped his convos with the reporter. Total exoneration in my book.

Kinda fucked that this guy climbed to the heights of the Smug Liberal Comedian industry, and was just about to get the top spot: host of The Daily Show. Then this reporter or her editor decided to do a hit piece that ends up costing him the job.

Pretty shitty. He should sue.

florduh,
Reactions: Bologna

gangababa

Rereading the original post #1, I find myself wondering what is fake about the moral-malignancy of the defenders of all things status quo relative to the gun-desire-defense insanity of America's ethically-empty gun-culture.

If it is the people and not the guns that are the problem in 21st century 2nd-amendment celebrating America, then what is the explanation for the reality versus the propaganda of the gun profiteers and other gun-apologist dissemblers for selfish and sick purposes.

Maybe hidden to protect those who need to know but are in denial, taking a bath.

gangababa

Well, moving on is always considered possible, until we get there.
However, there never comes.
Changing ideas, attitudes, possibilities, progress toward a new world are held out to be the salvation of our future.

Oil-World-Ad.jpg

Are we there yet?

gangababa,
Reactions: LesPlenty

florduh

The political cartoonist for the Washington Post.

F-ctCcfaYAA7iZ8

This seems like really shitty propaganda because I think any normal person would look at this and say "well yeah, obviously don't kill all those babies to get that one guy...."

Here's what he said about the UAW Strike:

F-c7sjHWIAAgrw9

I guess this guy is just a fuckin idiot. Really funny because the UAW President won a historic victory that includes, for the first time ever, the right to strike over plant closures.

Top Bottom