Extreme vs. The Volcano

Dr. Dope

what are your opinions. i am a fan of the volcano and almost got one but saved my money. i don't miss the volcano but can anyone explain some key differences?

Dr. Dope,

max

Out to lunch
I could fill a bag from the 'cano, one from the herbalAire, and one from the Extreme, and assuming the same temp and amount of herb, you wouldn't be able to tell which bag of vapor came from which vape (the connector would be a big clue, obviously ;) ). The herbalAire is the best of the three as far as efficiency, due to the heating chamber design, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're wasting any herb with the other two. With a steady temp, and steady airflow, there's very little difference between one bag filler and another. The real advantage of the Extreme is versatility. You get all three delivery methods.

max,

bsandhu

i love the volcano but its just way to big, loud compared to the extreme and its also versatile and compact which is great plus its all glass on glass

bsandhu,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
bsandhu said:
i love the volcano but its just way to big, loud compared to the extreme and its also versatile and compact which is great plus its all glass on glass
you mean the extreme is more versatile and compact? sorry you didnt separate your thoughts and it might be hard for stoned minds to decipher :lol: ;)

Acolyte of Zinglon,

420Downunder

Well I had a volcano but realised I really didn't like using bags, bought the vapordome to use a whip and yeah well........
To me that's the #1 drawback with the volcano is that it only fills bags, great if all you like is bags but if not there's allot better vapes out there the extreme being one of them.

420Downunder,

bsandhu

Acolyte of Zinglon said:
bsandhu said:
you mean the extreme is more versatile and compact? sorry you didnt separate your thoughts and it might be hard for stoned minds to decipher :lol: ;)
i was a little too vapored up:lol:

bsandhu,

Volcano South

I don't understand why no one ever just hooks a high-temperature plastic or rubber hose to the top of the Easy Valve system to obtain a whip hit?

I haven't sourced the material myself, but it's gotta work. Plus, there's the vapor dome for it which will do TWO whips at once :D

Volcano South,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
still, you can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig
conversely with the volcano, if you put a whip on a volcano, it still isnt a whip vape

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Volcano South

Why? If you grind the herb as finely as possible and fill the chamber as full as possible the ratio of air to is absurdly low.

Maybe I'm missing something?

Volcano South,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
VS, I'm not sure if you've ever hit a whip before, but the difference is real. The Extreme is the perfect example of the difference because it does both bags and whip coming from the same mechanism. I love the bags, but the vapor is never as thick as when I hit the whip. Max explained it very well around here somewhere and I will try to do the same. Wish me luck.

When hitting the whip you get fantastic first and second hits...thick and tasty with a massive vapor to air ratio. As you continue to hit it after the first two hits (don't take the two hits as gospel here, just an example) the vapor gets less tasty and thinner with a lower vapor to air ratio.

Now take that same amount of inhaled vapor and put it into a bag. You're going to get consistent vapor all the way through that has a quality somewhere in the middle of the vapor hits. It is mixing the great first two hits with the lesser two to four hits that follow.

The vapor dome doesn't create true whip hits, as it simply fills a glass dome and allows you to draw it through a whip instead of the mouthpiece on the bag, thus getting a homogenized hit like with a bag. If the dome were to stay empty until the user started drawing the air through the herb into the dome, it would be a true whip hit.

Disclaimer: I don't own a Volcano and have never seen a vapor-dome. If I fucked this thing up, please let me know.

stickstones,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
After i got my Volcano one of the first things i thought of was how i could hook some tubing up, i have a solid valve and my idea is to eventually just cut a very small section of bag and attach it into the mouth peice like normal, and then wrap the other side around a peice of high grade tubing and zip tie it down real tight, might work and might not work, ill probably never know. I am curious though if someone makes a direct connection to the filling chamber with air tight tubing for the cano can you draw air past the heater and through the herb w/o using the fan? Could become Vapor on demand and/or whip.

Survivalism,

Volcano South

No, you're right. I've never hit a whip vape before.

Wish I could though, just to see the difference :)

Volcano South,

mapes

Another thing about the whip is that it doesn't need a fan, meaning the source of air is coming from somewhere different than it would be when using a fan. This can affect it positively or negatively, depending on the setup of the vape. It does make a slight difference though.

mapes,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
i agree with mapes. ever since taking whip hits with no fan on my E, i will never go back to using the fan. you can control how much vapor you get and you can also control the concentration of vapor depending on your draw method (slow, fast, short, long). i noticed that when vaping with friends, leaving the fan on causes a LOT of wasted vapor.:uhoh:

illadelph,

max

Out to lunch
I've never liked the idea of forced air on a whip vape. It's the main reason I never went for a high priced digital whip unit like the Vaporfection. I want total control over the airflow.

max,

Towelie

If the volcano and extreme were the same price I would still get the extreme because of the versatility. Since it is about half the price it is a much easier decision.

Towelie,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
max said:
I've never liked the idea of forced air on a whip vape. It's the main reason I never went for a high priced digital whip unit like the Vaporfection. I want total control over the airflow.
This makes sense. However, I tried it on the E and loved it. I think everyone should try it at least once. That being said, I don't think I've done it more than twice.

stickstones,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
yo...man im sad to read this :disgust:

the only way to get the thick creamy hits off my E is using it with the fan. I start off hitting it with no fan to 'warm up' the trichs to get boiled off later on in the hit. of course im talking about using the whip hooked up to my inline BTW ;) A pic of my inline hooked up to the whip once the bowl begin to slightly release vapors ill up the speed at which I inhale. at this point i click fan #1 to on..after about 3-4 seconds of pre warming the bowl on fan speed one I up my inhalation rate and click it over to fan speed 2. at this point I'll hold a constant stream of THICK creamy vapors running wild to get into my lungs.

I agree hitting it with no fan works...but this method will give me much more of a hit than no fan could :cool:

:2c:
:peace:

Hennessy1414,

max

Out to lunch
the only way to get the thick creamy hits off my E is using it with the fan.
This is why I sold my V-Tower (original analog version but just the same as the current model for whip hits). It's not a 'thick hit' design for manual draw.

max,

FloridaPoolGuy

I already own a cheap China box/whip style vape that works suprizingly well but wanted something better like a Volcano. I borrowed a friend's Classic Volcano with the solid valve and was not that impressed. It worked but the unit is large, loud and fugly. It fills up bags quite quickly though. So I opted for a V-Tower Extreme by Arizer. Great choice as many of you already know. I am very happy with this machine and would highly recommend it to anyone. I bought mine for $270 from a distributor on Craigslist and could have waited for a $200- $240 on eBay but I was anxious to try it and I am glad I got the Extreme and not the Volcano for $539. Great forum here it helped a lot with my decision. I also learned about the Purple Days here which looked interesting too but this unit was what I wanted.

FloridaPoolGuy,

owin

It always makes me happy when someone buys an Extreme instead of a volcano. Welcome to the forums and enjoy your new vape!

owin,

Beezleb

Makes me happy when a person gets a vape that best suits their needs, wants and style. Congrats and happy vaping.

Beezleb,

owin

Beezleb said:
Makes me happy when a person gets a vape that best suits their needs, wants and style. Congrats and happy vaping.
Yes that too. My point was everything you can do with a volcano you can do with an extreme for half the money. Plus you can do things with the extreme that the volcano can't do.

owin,

FloridaPoolGuy

Hey guys thanks!! I agree I see no reason at all to buy a Volcano (unless this Extreme craps out on me in a week). Makes as good or better balloons plus the whips and potpourri thing, lovin' it!!!!

FloridaPoolGuy,
Top Bottom