Extreme Vaporizer packing the elbow?

Konrad_Zuse

DevoTheStrange said:
I like too fill the cyclone loosely so that the herb can move around. This allows the air too touch all sides of the herb
and it gets any of that herb hiding in the corners as well... that stuff doesnt get good heat if it is fully packed.
if you fill it loosely you don't have to stir it. If its packed at some point your going to have to take the elbow out and give that bad boy a stir.
Ugh by doing that you allow more air to vapor ratio, thus your hits aren't as strong. I always pack it up nice and tight, and then stir it and up the temp each time, it works great.

the electrician said:
Konrad_Zuse said:
I don't know why you wouldn't pack the cyclone, but I do, and a lot. It's exactly the same as the elbow.
because when you pack a cyclone bowl you use up about 50g of weed? that thing is fucking huge

why do you think the pd crowd is so efficient? if you ask me its down the the tiny bowl that im gonna guess is similar in size to the air stream. but then again im a sober little boy so my thoughts may not be entirely with it
I can fill it up nicely with .8-1g, Idk how the heck you will get 50g's in there. I don't even fill it up all the way, I just pack it so it's nice for hits. I use .1-.2.

Konrad_Zuse,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Konrad_Zuse said:
DevoTheStrange said:
I like too fill the cyclone loosely so that the herb can move around. This allows the air too touch all sides of the herb
and it gets any of that herb hiding in the corners as well... that stuff doesnt get good heat if it is fully packed.
if you fill it loosely you don't have to stir it. If its packed at some point your going to have to take the elbow out and give that bad boy a stir.
Ugh by doing that you allow more air to vapor ratio, thus your hits aren't as strong. I always pack it up nice and tight, and then stir it and up the temp each time, it works great.
actually i get lesser vape hits if I pack the bowl. My hits are fuller and taste better if the bowl is not packed. I understand your logic in wanting to pack the bowl. But in my experience, packing the bowl wastes herb when compared to filling it half way. And by wasted herb I mean herb that does not vape properly, even with stirring. I get nice full thick vapor when it is loose compared to being packed, and I don't have too stir.

and if it is loosely packed you will notice when you take a nice strong draw all the herb will actually move to top and pack itself in. When you release, finishing that hit, it all falls to the bottom. Herb flies to the top, which then fills the vapor path and allows all the herb to get a nice even coat of heat.
It works the same way as an elbow pack. except in this case the herb is stirring itself.

DevoTheStrange,

the electrician

Konrad_Zuse said:
I can fill it up nicely with .8-1g, Idk how the heck you will get 50g's in there
with the power of hyperbole

that reminds me, i really need to get my hands on some scales

the electrician,

Konrad_Zuse

DevoTheStrange said:
Konrad_Zuse said:
DevoTheStrange said:
actually i get lesser vape hits if I pack the bowl. My hits are fuller and taste better if the bowl is not packed. I understand your logic in wanting to pack the bowl. But in my experience, packing the bowl wastes herb when compared to filling it half way. And by wasted herb I mean herb that does not vape properly, even with stirring. I get nice full thick vapor when it is loose compared to being packed, and I don't have too stir.

and if it is loosely packed you will notice when you take a nice strong draw all the herb will actually move to top and pack itself in. When you release, finishing that hit, it all falls to the bottom. Herb flies to the top, which then fills the vapor path and allows all the herb to get a nice even coat of heat.
It works the same way as an elbow pack. except in this case the herb is stirring itself.
Idk, in my experience when even packing .1-.2 in the cyclone bowl I get nice hits when packed. Whenever I wouldn't pack I didn't get as good of hits. When you pack a lot more it takes more time for the vapor to come out, it took about 2-3 hits before I got vapor when I massively packed kief, or even when I regularly pack it.

Konrad_Zuse,

the electrician

have you tried using two screens to help pack it? the usual one below and then another on top of the weed and press it down. i tried it briefly before breaking the elbows, maybe itll help i dunno

the electrician,

mailinmypocket

A technique I find works very well is to fill the cyclone bowl roughly 3/4 full, vaporize it until it is not giving off any more vapors as you normally would. Then, if you are looking to only fill 1-2 bags, empty out half of the spent weed and replace it with fresh weed and mix together well. This slows the air flow through the weed and produces a thicker vapor with less material...the spent weed serves as a sort of "spacer" and I have found it does not affect the taste.

This is my personal way of getting high, may not suit some peoples' tastes but I really cant find there is a difference. Goes really well if you are smoking solo!

mailinmypocket,

SugaShack

Greetings hereatlast,
Thanks for your reply, you sound just like me.. I'm missing seeing that thick cloud of smoke.. So I think I will try your method with the kief.. What temp. should I start at to vape the kief.. I usually preheat for 20 min. at 200 the last 10 min I heat the bowl with herb, then before I vape I'll back it off to 190.. I'm new I don't know what I'm doing.. But I figured if I just keep on trying sooner or later I should slide right into that sweet spot I've been looking for :~)....

SugaShack,

Shiz

I can't seem to get a perfect seal on the screen in the cyclone.

Edit: I realized I didn't fully vape the first bowl at all because I thought it was done. I'm getting so many hits off a quarter gram it's insane.

Edit: I use two screens now. Got everything working perfectly after some practice.

Shiz,
Top Bottom