Extreme Vaporizer packing the elbow?

maverickluke

I just received the extreme-Q Vaporizer. Never using a vaporizer before, I wanted to try packing the elbow insted of the cyclone bowl. Now I know this may seem like a blatantly stupid question, but looking at the elbow with the screen, if I put herb in the elbow screen, and then place the elbow in the cyclone bowl, what stops the herb from just allling right back down into the bowl?

maverickluke,

Konrad_Zuse

When you put your bud into the elbow whip you get bigger hits, because there is less suface area, and it's packed tight. If you pack it in real good nothing will fall out. Whenever I repack I usally take the whip off, knock the bud onto a piece of paper, and put back in and mix, also empty the cyclone bowl because some might have fallen out. I usually clean it because mixing it is always a good thing, and you don't want to get it stuck to the sides, you want a fresh mix each time :).

Konrad_Zuse,

maverickluke

Ok, looking at the elbow, if I place finely ground herb in the elbow, and then place it in the bowl, the herb is now upside down. Are you saying that just friction will defy gravity and keep the herb in place without falling down?

maverickluke,

Konrad_Zuse

maverickluke said:
Ok, looking at the elbow, if I place finely ground herb in the elbow, and then place it in the bowl, the herb is now upside down. Are you saying that just friction will defy gravity and keep the herb in place without falling down?
I do it all the time. If you pack it down, with the back of the stirring tool you got, it iwll stay in place. Sometimes when the bud is vaping it will fall down, but that is after you're ready for a repack, you still get all of the green remember. I've packed kief and bud into the whip, it works. Just make sure not to take it out or put it in too fast, cuz the bud CAN fall it, it happened for the first time today. I would recommend taking the bowl out, and put the whip it like that facing w/e direction so bud wont fall out, and if it does just repack, simple as pie.

Konrad_Zuse,

the electrician

put the screen in the elbow, hover it over your weed and inhale like your pathetic life depends on it, perfectly packed every time.

the hits are huge for many reasons, probably the main one being the bud just sits there instead of flying around like an idiot and not getting much heat at all

the electrician,

Konrad_Zuse

the electrician said:
put the screen in the elbow, hover it over your weed and inhale like your pathetic life depends on it, perfectly packed every time.

the hits are huge for many reasons, probably the main one being the bud just sits there instead of flying around like an idiot and not getting much heat at all
Idk about inhaling that fast haha.

Konrad_Zuse,

maverickluke

I'ts the next day and let's just say there are no complaints at all about hit sizes this way. I did not have a chance to use the balloon yet and was wondering if the same rule applies; should I pack the elbow instead for the balloon?

maverickluke,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
electrician...in my experience, my best whip hits off the E (save the elbow pack) were when the herb was dancing around as more surface area is in contact with the air. In fact, I would draw on the whip looking at the bowl trying to keep it in the flying herb position to get thicker vapor.

stickstones,

wthanna

I believe that is the intended use of the large bowl. Don't they even call it a cyclone bowl?

wthanna,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
the design of the cyclone bowl is that it causes the air to spiral through the small diameter hole in the middle. It is why they call it the cyclone.
All the herb comes into contact with the hot air if it is flying around, however any herb that is left near the bottom and not flying around does not get vaped well. The reason the elbow works well is because everything is concentrated in one spot. All that air spirals into the elbow contacting all the herb packed into the screen.

I agree with stickstones. Although I like the elbow for conservation of herb, I have gotten nice huge rips just using the cyclone. For me the using the elbow is for two things; Saving your herb, and vaping kief.

DevoTheStrange,

maverickluke

I will give this a whirl. Do I want to loosely place the ground up herb in the cyclone bowl, instead of packing it tight?

maverickluke,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
if your loading the cyclone, load it loose. The whole point of the design of the bowl is you want the herb to move around. If you are packing an elbow pack it in where it wont fall out.

DevoTheStrange,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I usually drop just enough herb into the bowl to loosely fill it halfway to the black line...not packing it in

stickstones,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Yeah, doesn't work well. The herb in the cyclone absorbs most of the heat before it gets too the elbow. I have always been able to finish off the cyclone and the elbow will still be going because how far away from the heat it is. For the elbow to work well there has to be nothing in the cyclone. I would say if you are going to use the elbow pack method, don't fill the cyclone too.

DevoTheStrange,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Or fill both and allow plenty of prewarm time to soften the waxy coatings on the glands containing the essential oils we seek to vaporize.

If you keep the end of the whip in the downstem of a bong filled with water or plug it somehow, there is basically nowhere for vapor to escape.

Overall, I feel that the elbow pack provides thicker gusts with less material, but the cyclone does more evenly heat the herbs due to the constant stiring caused by drawing air up through the herbs.

Progress,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Or fill both and allow plenty of prewarm time to soften the waxy coatings on the glands containing the essential oils we seek to vaporize.

If you keep the end of the whip in the downstem of a bong filled with water or plug it somehow, there is basically nowhere for vapor to escape.

Overall, I feel that the elbow pack provides thicker gusts with less material, but the cyclone does more evenly heat the herbs due to the constant stiring caused by drawing air up through the herbs.

Progress,

the electrician

i guess i destroyed the elbow joints too quickly and never got to try it out fully, but i still think there are better alternatives to that cyclone bowl. while it may be one of the better ideas ive seen going it still takes up way more weed than you need to be using. its easy to get massive hits using just enough weed to thinly cover to the screen, since i like to be stoned all day every day it makes a whole lot more sense

the electrician,

Konrad_Zuse

I don't know why you wouldn't pack the cyclone, but I do, and a lot. It's exactly the same as the elbow. You want a nice pack so the air pulls it through, and you get more vapor, if it's loose you will get more air.

Also last night I tried filling a bag, and it wasn't that thick, so I switched to the whip and put some ABV in there, but for some reason I didn't feel as high as usual, but I believe I packed a lot more fresh herbs than usual any thoughts?

Konrad_Zuse,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I like too fill the cyclone loosely so that the herb can move around. This allows the air too touch all sides of the herb
and it gets any of that herb hiding in the corners as well... that stuff doesnt get good heat if it is fully packed.
if you fill it loosely you don't have to stir it. If its packed at some point your going to have to take the elbow out and give that bad boy a stir.

DevoTheStrange,

the electrician

Konrad_Zuse said:
I don't know why you wouldn't pack the cyclone, but I do, and a lot. It's exactly the same as the elbow.
because when you pack a cyclone bowl you use up about 50g of weed? that thing is fucking huge

why do you think the pd crowd is so efficient? if you ask me its down the the tiny bowl that im gonna guess is similar in size to the air stream. but then again im a sober little boy so my thoughts may not be entirely with it

the electrician,

SugaShack

Greetings All,
Is packing the elbow another way the Q was designed to operate or is this a way you vaporist have found out to get bigger more vapor out of the Extreme vaporizers.. I myself love lot's of smoke used to smokin nice big fatty's... Just used my vape for the 1st time yesterday.. I understand it is not smoking it's vaping so the feeling is quite different... Less smoke is something I'll have to get use to. I want to try this method of packing the elbow.. Would it be best to place a whole flower in there or grind them up... I did notice my mix was dancing a around inside of the cyclone bowl I just thought I was pulling to hard; I do agreed that those were my best tastiest vapes when everything was in motion... I'm really not sure where my sweet spot is at this point... But I surely don"t mind looking!!!

SugaShack,

hereatlast

Your herbs should definitely be ground up well for the elbow pack. If you experiment with the dryness/grind you may be able to get a lot more vapor too.

As much as I've learned not to blindly chase those thick clouds (in the beginning I barely felt satisfied unless I was blowing out clearly visible vapor) I'm inclined to try and get a good thickness. A sandwiched layer of kief (or 2 or 3 ;) ) in the elbow pack goes pretty far and probably has produced the thickest vapor for me so far :brow:

hereatlast,

happydays

I pack(not too tight) the elbow for the whip. No need to preheat, just turn up the heat a couple settings. Nice and easy hits, ahhh.
I use the bowl half way up to the black for the bag. Preheating unit with empty bowl on saves a few minutes.

happydays,
Top Bottom