Extreme - Scraping resin with Cotton swab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broker404

I recently bought an Extreme V3.

I noticed that it said to place a drop of oil on a cotton ball when using that method.

I was wondering if I can use a cotton swab to scrape the resin, and then cut the tip off and put it in the bowl and vaporize it?

Has anyone done this?

Thanks.

Broker404,

Broker404

Sorry, but I DID search.

Should I just keep browsing until I come across my questions?

People get so mad here for posting about something previously discussed but I tried searching for specific titles like cotton and resin.

If this is a stupid question then will someone simply reply with a quick "yes"? Because I could not find a specific thread on this.

Broker404,

Broker404

Also, I thought I was posting this in the right forum because this is a "Model Specific Discussion"... Is it not?

Broker404,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
it would have been best if you posted it in the extreme thread rather than making a new thread for a very small question

Acolyte of Zinglon,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
/\ and that is why this is model specific for the fact that anything about those models goes in those threads. head on over to the extreme thread we will be sure to help you out. :D

illadelph,

Broker404

Ok, sorry about that. Most forums I use will suggest starting a new thread for specific questions instead of merging a broad set of questions into one forum thread.

Is there an easier way to search a particular thread? the extreme thread has 51 pages and if I search for a particular word that is in that thread, it just gives me a link to that thread, not the page. That's one reason I was hoping to create a thread for the question and I figured since I did not see another so maybe other users could learn from it. Do I have any other option other than browsing through those 51 pages to find my answer?

Broker404,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I remember someone asking about this in the last few pages of the Extreme thread... Yup the second last page, here you go http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=19660#p19660

Hennessy1414 said:
:o :o

please read around some more..reading sure does wonders

:peace:
Posts like this aren't exactly helpful either. If you aren't willing to provide any help, then just ignore the thread and move on.

Here's a thread on using alcohol to clean glass parts and reclaim the resin: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=15

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
Broker404 said:
Sorry, but I DID search.
Thanks. You probably should have prefaced your first post with that statement.

People get so mad here for posting about something previously discussed but I tried searching for specific titles like cotton and resin.
I think frustrated would be more accurate than "mad". We do get some people who jump into the forum with questions that a little browsing would answer.

Also, I thought I was posting this in the right forum because this is a "Model Specific Discussion"... Is it not?
The way you present it, yes it is. But actually it applies to any vape where the bowl allows you to place a cotton ball. And if you look at the Vaporizer Discussion section, you'll see that the threads are mostly titled with the name of the vape, not specific questions about one. You can also see that 'question threads' have mostly been moved. 'Ask the Vaporists' section was created for questions. That would have been a better spot for your question.

Most forums I use will suggest starting a new thread for specific questions instead of merging a broad set of questions into one forum thread.
We don't mind being the 'oddball forum'. :lol: I see your point, but holding down the number of threads also has its advantages. Again, 'Ask the Vaporists' is an attempt to provide info without having to read a long thread.

If this is a stupid question then will someone simply reply with a quick "yes"? Because I could not find a specific thread on this.
Not a stupid question and sorry that you haven't gotten a simple 'yes'. So there it is. If you can use cotton for oil, you can use it for residue. Most people put reclaimed residue/resin on a bed of herb though.

I hope we haven't frustrated you too much. Please hang around, learn the 'ins and outs', and join the fun. :D

max,

Broker404

Thanks vtac and max.

I try to be respectable on forums and not make useless posts, I just needed to get used to a few of this forum's ways.

I'm not trying to change the forum or anything, but one suggestion I have is adding the option in the search feature to search and bring up posts and not threads, this way when searching you can find particular things in multi-page threads, giving us the option to use the search feature on actual posts instead of just the threads. I think that this aspect of the search feature is mainly why I wasn't able to find what I needed.

Broker404,

Beezleb

Far easier said than done but if each vaporizer thread started off with a link to its wikki if their is one and/or a short FAQ post under or part of the original post of the thread would do much to help consolidate but that would take some type of dedication for someone to consolidate and keep the information updated.

Hypothetical example:
PD Thread has first post by Tom, the second post could have a FAQ post section that has the general consolidation of information. Pain in the butt initially to set up and somewhat to keep updated but far easier for people to find information and more user friendly than exceptionally large threads and weak search options which is no fault of FC.com.

Beezleb,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
Broker404 said:
I'm not trying to change the forum or anything, but one suggestion I have is adding the option in the search feature to search and bring up posts and not threads, this way when searching you can find particular things in multi-page threads, giving us the option to use the search feature on actual posts instead of just the threads. I think that this aspect of the search feature is mainly why I wasn't able to find what I needed.
that has to do with the software that the forum is built on, and as such vtac doesnt have any control over it. you can use a google search specific to this site by ading site:http://www.fuckcombustion.com to the search parameters

Acolyte of Zinglon,

max

Out to lunch
one suggestion I have is adding the option in the search feature to search and bring up posts and not threads
vtac can respond better on this, but I do know the forum software here is kind of weak. We're waiting on an updated version that should provide more options. The search feature also sucks on the forum over at marijuana.com, and that site has a lot of tools and features we don't have here.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom