Ethics, Karma and Grasshopper Warranty Discussion

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Interesting how a vape like the Solo is considered a success if it goes 2+ years without breaking. Yet people seem thrilled if their hoppers make it 6 months before biting it.

/haven't bought a hopper
//bought two vapcaps for less $.

Gramin

I have seen that review. I thought it was odd and badly written, maybe misconstrued.
Is the part about the beta hoppers true? Where can I find out more information regarding my serial? I hope when mine dies I can get it replaced. I'm hoping GHB2 batteries might fix my hot backend issue.

Gramin,

biohacker

Is the part about the beta hoppers true?

Pretty sure that will be impossible to determine. IMO it is true, based on my own personal experience as well as reading about countless others. However, this probably should go into the Ethics threads, so imma gunna report myself! lol

MoltenTiger

Is the part about the beta hoppers true? Where can I find out more information regarding my serial? I hope when mine dies I can get it replaced. I'm hoping GHB2 batteries might fix my hot backend issue.
It is kind of true. I guess beta in this sense would be synonymous with early-bird consumer. Which is what all retail outlets are, and us too.
As I understand, only prototypes existed during the indiegogo campaign and from there the design has been adapted to differing mass production lines. They've been running everything at full capacity to maximise output and generate product, after sending out batches of 25-100 to indiegogo backers and early pre-orderers (including some stores who bought in during the campaign) to field test. A number of times. This took ages. Backers were more properly 'beta' testers (but this is hardware), but some pre-orderers have done similar. The components have mostly remained the same and have been constant for almost a year, though they've changed facilities since, which will cause stalls and ongoing tolerance issues. Only a small percentage of the vaping market has caught on, but soon they will have surplus stock produced from their large facility recently flaunted, finalising a lot of standing orders in a short time.

I'd recommend anyone jumping on board before the price bump, though it'll still be worth it easily after, relative to market.
It could easily become the 'iPod of herb Vapes', taking over the Pax, because the Pax represents the old trends. Slow heat ups, stirring for consistency
I see a lot more of the true 'think different' ideology with the hopper. Sure it's a lucrative trend many attempt, but the GH even sucks as badly as apple stuff too.
It will be interesting when they're readily available.

There is much room for improvement, but it's a pretty solid vape. I've never worried about durability, though I've had mine serviced a few times. It seems likely to be user error or heavy use/negligence that killed mine, and I would assume most. They seem indestructible, they are not. Mine have suffered drops and care free heavy usage. When they work they seem flawless, but it all depends on the battery power.
HL need this tech hooked up to a more sustainable power source for the ultimate vape. As is, I'll be swapping batteries as necessary. 2-3 chambers via glass T5 210°C per 750mAh battery. 2-6 big hits per chamber. Borderline immediacy. Acceptable flavour, far from the best, far from the worst. Tiny, indiscreet, energy efficient, futuristic gizmo

Edit: Oh yeah, I have no idea what the reviewer was referring to with his serial, not a clue.
Also sorry for the walls of text :ko:

Found this, thought it was interesting
20131115190017-Grasshopper_combine.jpg

via indiegogo
643px-Shell_tube_flow.png

via wikipedia shell tube heat exchanger.

Last edited:

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
Hi again guys... now that it's been some time to read the GH thread, this one seems more "cozier" for now.. :p
Sooo.. I got my main body replacement on the 19th, they had posted it on the 30th (not bad at all for overseas shipping) and my beautiful one is alive once again! Ever since I'm def more careful with it, not that I'm not overdoing it from time to time but I'm trying to be on top of cleaning and maintenance at least..

Shipping fees for my envelope was 6.2$ incl. the bubbly envelope. This was shipped as the similar "registered" US service. Again, not bad @ all.. I was expecting something like 15-20$ and I was freaking out.

Cheers to that the and hopefully this time my hopper will last for some time longer!! :razz:

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
Cheers @voodoo_vape glad to hear you've got the hopper back, let us know how it goes.

I'm finding keeping alcohol out of the chamber and keeping the mouthpiece clean has helped mine all round.

Indeed Tiger, I'll never use a swab with even the tiniest bit of alcohol in the chamber ever again!!! Only the mouthpiece gets soaked in it. Then just dry swabs and blue-tac for the threads and that's it basically.
Well, for the time being it's kicking ass.. thankfully the main body was the issue and as I'd seen my backend is just fine.. at the moment I'm enjoying some moby dick and super sk. strains and I must say that the ss one is not very cloud productive.. taste wise, much better than the moby one.. /off-topic mode off :p

ps: i have a lot of comments to make on the chargers and batt's performance.. still catching up on the other one tho.. :p :rolleyes:

MoltenTiger

I clicked my 3 month dailied (close to, lost track) hopper on with the chamber empty and open just before, I started to smell some residue/burnt smell rising from the unit, so I gave it a good rip with the MP on and got a tiny cloud.

I feel like occasional T5 empty blasts could be good to help clear some airspace though I'm pretty casual with kief hits so that's possibly the source

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
I clicked my 3 month dailied (close to, lost track) hopper on with the chamber empty and open just before, I started to smell some residue/burnt smell rising from the unit, so I gave it a good rip with the MP on and got a tiny cloud.

I feel like occasional T5 empty blasts could be good to help clear some airspace though I'm pretty casual with kief hits so that's possibly the source

Yes I was reading about those "lucky" rips on empty chamber & T5 temp. Isn't it too early for me to start trying empty rips? :p Ok, I'm having my gh as my main and daily driver, but it's only a week and a half that I've received it :D I'm doing one now actually... why not.. lol.. and as I imagined.. nothing came out.. I in baby stage for that still... :clap: the rips that came out tho were fully flavored.. I'm sure I got some cannabinoids at least.. :peace:

MoltenTiger

Yeah it takes a fair bit of use, or concentrate use, to achieve empty chamber clouds. And my puff really was tiny. But I would say giving the GH a good rip whilst empty once a month wouldn't be a bad choice.

I don't think it'll actually get any hotter to melt anything away, it'll just free up the airflow allowing a bit more force to dislodge particles.

Using a flat tool, I was using a leatherman multi tool, to scrape out the chamber is also an effective solvent free cleaning method for the chamber

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Hey guys.
I need your help.
My friend's hopper is dead.
I need to send it for fixing.
I'm wondering what do I need to do?
Will I able to send it on his behalf?

His brother bought him this device from London and shipped it overseas...
I'm wondering if I should come with any issues...please assist.

m0sh,
Top Bottom