Errlectric vs. Flowerpot

Miyaca

hey guys, i`m wondering if some of you have experience with the errlectric dry herb e-nail, and or the newvape flowerpot e-nail?

wich of the two would you reccomend?
mostly for the usage of dried flowers?

Vaporware

I only have the FlowerPot, but I did look at the Errlectric and some other options when I picked it up, and while they seem like very similar concepts I’d be surprised if they were at the same level in practice.

I’m sure the Errlectric and others can get the job done, but if they matched or surpassed the FlowerPot’s performance I think we’d hear about them a lot more often.

I’d still like to hear from some Errlectric users though, and especially people who have tried both!

Vaporware,
Reactions: Miyaca

lazylathe

Almost there...
hey guys, i`m wondering if some of you have experience with the errlectric dry herb e-nail, and or the newvape flowerpot e-nail?

wich of the two would you reccomend?
mostly for the usage of dried flowers?

It all depends on what experience you are looking for as both of them work really well but totally differently.

The Herb Nail can only be used with an Errlectric box, that may be a negative for some but if you have the box it may be worth it.
The vapor from it is very light and flavorful. It meditates well but I found it was never enough for my needs.
Felt it worked best when mixed with concentrate but I am not a big fan of extracts.
It was fiddly to seal on the glass bowl and just not a great experience for me.
The concentrate part works really well though!

The FP is for those that can do a bit of DIY with assembly but once done it is very easy to use. Anything from light vapor to the verge of combustion with ease. Great tasting and very effective.
Also a lot cheaper and nothing will break.

I would go for the FP.

An even easier way to tell which one is best is to do a YouTube search! Not too many HerbNail vids but many FP vids!

Miyaca

you are right, thank you for the answers.
at the moment i`m tending towards the flowerpot.

how is it`s performance compared to the herborizer modells or the vripTech heat wand?
is the flowerpot superior in his performance?

Wildeyedzan

It all depends on what experience you are looking for as both of them work really well but totally differently.

The Herb Nail can only be used with an Errlectric box, that may be a negative for some but if you have the box it may be worth it.
The vapor from it is very light and flavorful. It meditates well but I found it was never enough for my needs.
Felt it worked best when mixed with concentrate but I am not a big fan of extracts.
It was fiddly to seal on the glass bowl and just not a great experience for me.
The concentrate part works really well though!

The FP is for those that can do a bit of DIY with assembly but once done it is very easy to use. Anything from light vapor to the verge of combustion with ease. Great tasting and very effective.
Also a lot cheaper and nothing will break.

I would go for the FP.

An even easier way to tell which one is best is to do a YouTube search! Not too many HerbNail vids but many FP vids!
I think the way the herb nail sits on the bowl and stays more importantly lol...is indicative of the bowls shape as well as the herb nail itself when it expands or contracts based on rising or lowering of temps.when I use the herb nail j have it sits in what I would call a groove on the bowl .after getting the nail "seated"on that groove it won't move .
Plus one for the herb nail though. Getting milky hits off the bat with it :)

Wildeyedzan,
Reactions: lazylathe

lazylathe

Almost there...
I think the way the herb nail sits on the bowl and stays more importantly lol...is indicative of the bowls shape as well as the herb nail itself when it expands or contracts based on rising or lowering of temps.when I use the herb nail j have it sits in what I would call a groove on the bowl .after getting the nail "seated"on that groove it won't move .
Plus one for the herb nail though. Getting milky hits off the bat with it :)

Do your milky hits compare to what I call milky hits?
Everyone's perception is different...

This is a FP hit, nothing special and low temp...

@Miyaca

The FP is very good at micro loads or large loads.
The VRIP does best with a nice full bowl of herb, 0,1g+ the more you use the better the experience. Amazing vape but not that good at conserving your stash.
The Herbo Ti is a great little vape! Unfortunately for me, we did not get on too well as some areas of it were not to my liking.
The main issue for me was it requires a HOT bowl for best extraction and clouds. If you forget the heater off the bowl, your next hit with a cold bowl is not as good...

With the FP it works with small or large loads, no need to preheat the bowl, very little maintenance and it's all metal so it will last a lifetime!

Once again, you generally have to try out a vape before you will know if it is right for you or not. Just like a car, some look amazing but drive like a bucket of bolts, while others may not have the looks under the hood is what is important!

Last edited:

Wildeyedzan

@lazylathe not quote as quickly but use definitely in the same area. I chase the vapor clouds so when j say milky its always a big hit :)
I believe the herb nail is a tad more convection over the flowerpot whose bowl is generally metal .maybe using the glass bowl would yield more similar results to the herb nail ?
I See you like dry rips like me ;)

lazylathe

Almost there...
@lazylathe not quote as quickly but use definitely in the same area. I chase the vapor clouds so when j say milky its always a big hit :)
I believe the herb nail is a tad more convection over the flowerpot whose bowl is generally metal .maybe using the glass bowl would yield more similar results to the herb nail ?
I See you like dry rips like me ;)

Would love to see a video of your hit size and milkiness!!
I was never able to get the same results when I had my HerbNail.

Dry tips are where it is at!!
No loss of flavor at all!

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Wildeyedzan

The hot FP head only sits on the metal bowl for the duration of the hit.
It does get hit but then so did my glass HN bowl after a hit. I needed to use the glass handle to remove the glass HN head.

So for our use the FP is mainly convection.

Wildeyedzan

@Wildeyedzan

The hot FP head only sits on the metal bowl for the duration of the hit.
It does get hit but then so did my glass HN bowl after a hit. I needed to use the glass handle to remove the glass HN head.

So for our use the FP is mainly convection.
For sure my apologies for insinuating otherwise.
Would you agree that the herb nail has a higher % of convection versus the FP?maybe its a negligible amount but after trying both it feels to me like the errlectric has the edge. Could just be the user (me ) in this case.

lazylathe

Almost there...
For sure my apologies for insinuating otherwise.
Would you agree that the herb nail has a higher % of convection versus the FP?maybe its a negligible amount but after trying both it feels to me like the errlectric has the edge. Could just be the user (me ) in this case.

To me they are both very similar in performance.
The HN is a Ti head with rifling that causes a slight swirling action of the herb, not all the time though.
The head is also smaller and quite lightweight.
My theory is that during a hit the temp drops too much and the vapor lightens up. I was using it at very high temps to get any sort of performance from it.
Others have no problems.

The FP is a very heavy head that retains its heat longer due to its increased mass. This allows you to take massive convection rips with ease.
The way the herb sits stationary also adds to the experience and vapor density.

Vapes are very user dependant and herb dependant, so it is very hard to compare performance.
We almost all need to be in the same room with the same herb and setup to accurately test these possibilities.

I also watch a lot of IG vape reviews and see some guys blowing clouds of blue vapor, saying that they are the best clouds they have ever seen... then you get the ones that ride the edge of combustion and think this is the way you vape!lol!!!

vapirtoo

I cannot judge the flowerpot, but I can say that the Errlectric herb nail can mimic Supreme 3 level hits when ramped up to 800f. I always get my herb to swirl around the bowl as I pull really hard. Most times the Errlectric is my daily driver. As I have stated in other threads, if the Supreme 3 is a 10 in clouds then the Errlectric is a 9.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I cannot judge the flowerpot, but I can say that the Errlectric herb nail can mimic Supreme 3 level hits when ramped up to 800f. I always get my herb to swirl around the bowl as I pull really hard. Most times the Errlectric is my daily driver. As I have stated in other threads, if the Supreme 3 is a 10 in clouds then the Errlectric is a 9.

It worked like that for me as well but the high temps killed all the flavor for me.
I agree with clouds at that temp but for me the SV3 nails the flavor and massive clouds everytime.
Make no mistake, the HN does work well it is just not to my taste and preferences.

The FP works everytime with ease for me and I do not have to think too much when vaping. Drop bud in, set head on and rip slowly for amazing results.

Like I said before, it is very personal on what you want to get out of a vape and your herb.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@lazylathe second to last post you made was top notch !!couldn't agree more...man I gotta get that flowerpot !

Thank you! :cheers:

More people need to understand that when a question is asked and opinions are given, everyone is different and experiences the same vaporizer differently. I find myself being drawn in to defend my views and then realize it is a pointless experience and I usually come off looking like a jerk and everyone else is golden. LOL!

If you like how I like my hits to be, then you will get on great with the FP or any big convection vape!
1- small loads are a must
2- any grind really works with it but medium/fine is most likely the best
3- very little maintenance, I clean a bowl, a screen and my WT. Done!
4- Repeatable and consistent performance. No dial to mark or figure out, digital lets you repeat your favorite session forever, no guessing. Small changes make big differences as well.
5- one hit, full extraction with max flavor and clouds all the time. No priming or farting around, add heat and extract the whole bowl.
6- no batteries, I despise batteries...
7- ability to use an EQ basket for loads

The FP has a slight learning curve but once you find your temp and get the inhale speed right, it is smooth sailing all the way! Very consistent and reliable.

The most important aspect that rates the FP above the HN is it's mass and ability to heat a LOT of air for a long time. The HN cools down too quickly at tasty temps and any hotter kills the flavor, so it's almost a catch 22 for me. Similar to the VRIP, amazing vape but I cringe every time I fill the bowl! It takes about 5 times my normal load for similar effects... Flavor city for days though!! Its a treat!

My recommendation is to track a member down or someone who owns one and try before you buy!
My vape bar is always open but there is no one anywhere near me!! LMAO!!

vapirtoo

Wow that thermal mass has so much to do with comfortable vaping. I wish I could zip over to Canada for a real long session and then zip back, sort of like beam me up Scotty, but a wish is just a wish.( last line in the uber violent movie Shogun Assassin).

lazylathe

Almost there...
Wow that thermal mass has so much to do with comfortable vaping. I wish I could zip over to Canada for a real long session and then zip back, sort of like beam me up Scotty, but a wish is just a wish.( last line in the uber violent movie Shogun Assassin).

It's only about 7 hours to Windsor!!

Vaporware

you are right, thank you for the answers.
at the moment i`m tending towards the flowerpot.

how is it`s performance compared to the herborizer modells or the vripTech heat wand?
is the flowerpot superior in his performance?

@Alexis could give you a better answer on the Herborizer vs FlowerPot, and since he just got the new digital Herborizer he could have a different opinion right now, but for a long time now he’s given the edge to the FlowerPot over the Herborizer Ti and XL.

He may have used the VripTech Heat Wand too, but I can’t remember for sure, I mostly remember him talking about the FlowerPot and Herborizer.

Vaporware,
Reactions: lazylathe

thekayo

Go look at how many parts are on newvapes website! check out the forum. They are always trying to improve there products. They are on there all the time working with the members trying out there suggestions. I remember someone suggested a ceramic bowl or something. They had it made within 48 hours and were testing it. They have added glass bowls now as well. Design wise, I think the NV is more refined and versatile.

Miyaca

since i`m living in europe, shipping costs me more than 100$, wich is quite hard for me..
i`ll think i`m ordering it towards autum, when i`m back in my flat in vienna.
but there are still some questions left open wich i would like to clear before i buy:)
i`ve read many things that the fp is a great device for microdosing,
i enjoy microdosing, but even more i like to take big hits.
how much bud makes senses to fit in at once?

and would you reccomend to use it with 14mm or 18mm glass rig?
ive heard at 14 the airflow is a bit more restriced, wich sounds good to me, what setup do you prefer?

Miyaca,

Vaporware

I don’t think 14 vs 18 makes much difference. I use both regularly and I might be able to pick out the difference if I tried, but it’s not significant to me. I know some people are even using it on 10mm glass and I haven’t heard complaints about even that.

I believe the standard FP bowls will hold up to about 0.3g, which is a large load to me. The most I’ve tried is probably half that, and it works well at least from there down to crumbs. Depending on the temp you set it to, you can get some big hits even from small amounts of flower. :)

As for ordering, I’d check the price with shipping and import taxes when shipped from NewVape and compare it to the price from Vape Fiend. He may come in cheaper, or at least be able to get it to you faster.

Vaporware,
Reactions: Miyaca

Miyaca

yeess man, thank you so much!
vape fiend was the page i was looking for, i already believed that no european spediteur would send the newvape. but at vape fiend it comes even with free delivery! you safed me a bunch of money, thank you:)

Top Bottom