Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

Reflections

Is that a smith and wesson 9 mm? Nice gun Ed..I agree , we need to protect ourselves in these times.
here's a pic of our gun,its a caspian 38 super with a tasco red dot.
20 round mag
1450 ft per second
used to shoot uspsa competitions with it.
Hubby even got me shooting the comps with it..those were the fun days! We do have others in our collection.

Mqujzx5.jpg

shitty phone pic, now all you gotta do is get a safe to put it in when not in use.. esp with kids around..just to
keep out of harms way.

Oh and hubby wanted to show you this one 2 ..His cam lens is dirty..grrr my counter doesnt look like that haha.
9mm walther p38
only dropped once by a german officer in ww11
one of my kitchen utensils hidden in case of an intrusion
AREdXSE.jpg

We love our Bog stem!!!

Last edited:

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
@Vapenvy Ohhhh my man didnt I just ship that Nano stem to you? If you are the guy, you better watch out, that was such a freaking pretty piece, I had no idea the colors were inside from the dark dark outside, it just pops with flavor!

I received this piece yesterday, and I couldn't have put it better myself. This stem is freekin' awesome. The grain just pops and has spots of red inside the knots.

Cannot stop looking at it... Or using it.

Funny thing is i haven't used it with my nano at all. It fits my new fw3 like a glove. I have posted this info in the fw thread, so hopefully you'll get a bunch of orders from fw3 owners looking for cooler vapor.

Speaking of which, can i be the first to request some type of custom short stem so i can use an Ed's stem out and about?

My thought is nano style (thickness, shape etc) but total length approx 5 to 7 centimeters including the metal part. I'd love 2 in any wood type you like, have spare etc (i have a walnut fw3).

Being that the wood part will be so short, you could maybe raid that boneyard you keep mentioning, or use offcuts from other jobs. I don't need perfection. Form over function, especially since i doubt any piece from you will not be amazing anyway. (Sorry, not meaning to tell you how to do your job, i am just intrigued about the "boneyard" you often mention. Sounds like some awesome pieces rest there and could maybe go to a good home - mine, ha ha - and extra cash for your pocket, win win)

Anyway, if this is feasable, please let me know a price if and when you have time. No rush.

Bye the way, I Hope posting this request here is ok, or should it be via pm?

Thanks again for the awesome piece and enjoy your holidays.

Canuck

Hey Ed, got the beautiful Irish Bogwood piece you put together for me before Christmas. Thanks so much!!!
Noticed it gets a bit hot on the lips so I slipped on my Plenty vaporizer mouthpiece with the silicone sleeve. Wow, cools the vapor nicely and almost seems to give better hits. You may have a market for a removable mouthpiece. I have an extra Plenty mouthpiece and sleeve. If you want I can send them your way if you want to test them out. If anyone else has access to the same mouthpiece and wants to give it a try, I'd be interested to find out if it's just me or if others find it improves the experience. However, it looks like crap on Ed's beautiful stem. Would love to see a more attractive option.
Cheers

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning everyone, I hope all is well today and wish you all a happy new year with so many blessings to come to you all in the new year! Gosh thinking back to how this year started off for me and where I was at, to how far I have come, started out down and out, alot has happened since then and to finish off this year in a much much better frame of mind and better sense of self, with a strong mind and outlook for this coming year which should be epic! I have so much to be thankful for and gotta give it up to God, he has been my rock, my guide, and has had mercy on me and given me the sight to see my wrongs, the understanding and desire to do right, a reason to look forward! Getting the boys again this evening, we gotta get our gear ready for the hunt the next few days, eat dinner and shoot fireworks before bed. We found a spot near where Connor likes to hunt, there is a massive buck walking through there rubbing his antlers on a big 6" cedar tree, rubbed another smaller tree in half, has a couple of big scrapes for the does coming near. We are so anxious to get out there and hope he nails him, he has got to be a big one. I have been telling him if and when he he sees him to stay calm, take deep breathes and try not to get to excited, am so afraid he is going to get buck fever and will be shaking so much that gun will be all over the place. Many of you may not know about buck fever, oh when your adrenaline kicks in, you are rushing from head to toe, have seen it so many times that even a clean easy shot can be missed cause you are shaking so much. Even I get buck fever from time to time, its just the nature of it. We met my girl and her little boy the other night in the city to go bowling, been alot of years since I my last time, my first frame I got a strike! The boys all had the bumpers up and did really well, my girl was such a sad sight, she guttered so many times that she gave up after the 5th frame, then let the boys all take turns from there on out for her. Was a really fun time, all did well and in the end I won it all by 2 pins, yay for me!!! Am so excited, a couple weeks out from my trip to Houston, my cuz has been slaying the ducks, going to UPS 8 boxes of shells out for the hunt, that will give me 200 rounds, should be enough for 18-24 birds, yeah maybe a little much but rather have more than I need than not enough. Been out in the shop, did a couple custom orders yesterday, took 4 hours to get 6 pieces done. The koa I had just went to crap time after time after time by the 4th time it turned true. Same with bloodwood I was doing a hammer stem, took 3 times before it got right, was making ESV pieces next, thought I had shook the bad but after the second fail at those pieces it was time to call it a day. Gosh I hate those days thankfully there is always tomorrow!

@Reflections Yes mam that is a 9mm, 12 round mags. My hands are rather large, my pinky finger doesnt fit on the bottom of the grip but I palm it in my left, it handles really well. My friend told me there is a clip that is made specifically for this model that extends to add a couple more rounds and also give you something to wrap my pinky round, am going to look into that. Wow what a weapon you have there, thats the real deal, just googled it and learned a little about it, very very nice! Wow you were competition shooter also, how bout that! Lookout, bet those were fun days! Cant wait til February when the boys start the 4H shooting comps, hope they do well. My boys have been shooting since they were about 4 or 5 each, they have been in the woods since they were old enough to walk on their own, we practice safety safety safety always and they are very aware of guns and what can happen. A safe would be a good idea in case of a burglar but I really have no worries when it comes to them and guns. They are all cautious about everything really, they never get in a hurry on the atv or dirt bike, I have always let them make their own decisions pretty much but have always encouraged them to be safe always, take their time, and never ever rush in without thinking about what might happen. For the most part the guns are put away, tucked here or there out of sight and out of mind, ammo is separate and kept secure. Ewwww what a dirty counter, lol!!! Nice Walther also, I have never known anyone to have one, have seen them at the gun store, hear its a great gun also. My friend and his kids shoot alot, his oldest is a 19 year old girl, he son is 17, they were shooting the other day after he got his son a new 9mm for Christmas, they had all the pistols laid out on the table she snapped a pic and he said she posted on FB it and said "A family that prays together stays together, a family that shoots together, you better leave alone" lol! So glad yall love that stem, as I said it was fun to make and the new oring design is the only way to go! Wish you the best, thanks for sharing your past with me, never would have thought that you knew you way round the iron!

@Vapenvy Glad it was you that got that eye popper piece, really liked that piece, am so happy to hear you are and have found out another great way to use it for yet another vape, its so versatile! Thanks for stopping by with your findings and such kind words, they are most appreciated! For sure can do you something else if you like for the FW, just shoot me over a PM when you wanna talk about it and we can go from there my man. Hope all is well and wish you all the best homie!

@Canuck Hey there, I made the couple pieces for you and your dad right, the air and the nano, wasnt that it? Wanna say you got the Air stem, is that which you are referring to getting warm on the lips? If so have not heard that issue before, hmmm, pls elaborate a little more. Would like to see this Plenty configuration you are speaking of, I am interested to know more, lets talk about that also! Glad to hear the pieces made it in time and that you like the look of them, always fun to do what I love and hear such great comments for my work, thanks so much!

Best wishes to you all, be safe, take care and enjoy!

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
You must really like salt & pepper :mental:
Yes, I do as a matter of fact... and beautiful craftsmanship as well - put em both together and I can't get enough! And I also like flowers, which is why I have a longstanding order still in the bin for a custom-made vase, made by the one-and-only Ed's TnT & Son!;)

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@Snappo ain't no season like salt and pepper my man, am a big believer in that! Will get my oldest on that vase asap, you are right it's been long overdue even you UD stem loaded w/turquoise, my middle son turns 12 on Saturday he is itching to get his pen turning tools, will have them both in the shop working. Guess I'll have to get myself a new lathe give him my first one and upgrade to a newer fancier bench mod. Hang in there!

@srama21 that's what costs the most, tooling and all, make sure you get the best ya can when ya can, a man is only as good as his tools, oh and a good stone on your grinder for your chisels, I like Henry Taylor you gotta get with me would love to help you out however possible bro, wish I would have had someone to help me along the way just to ask questions have spent so much time and wasted so much wood on trial and error, like I said anytime my man it would be my pleasure to talk about it! You'll be great, I have only been turning about 6 years now!

@KidFated. that will be a very cool project, do let me know when you are ready, I will look into what it takes.

Happy new year everyone!!!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning, I hope all is well and everyone's year got off to a great start! We had a great few days, I stopped and got a pile of fireworks, they had buy one get one free so it was on!!! We shot a bunch of fireworks Thursday night, my 11 year old nephew spent a couple nights with us also, was fun having him over also. We went hunting Friday morning, werent successful, took that afternoon off was windy, deer dont move alot on a windy day. Didnt go Saturday morning since the boys cuz was over, they were up til 3am, waking up to go hunting at 4:30am wouldnt have been a good idea. Carter turned 12 Saturday, had his pen tooling stuff wrapped for him to open when he woke up, he was excited when he opened it and was asking when we were getting in the shop, told him Monday is the day. We had his Bday party bout noon and he got his drone he had been wanting, he really liked it of course. I want a drone to, think it would be a great tool for hunting and scouting, the one I want is $1500 so might be a while before I get one if ever, its a lot cheaper to walk in and scout. Anyhow, so it was Connor, me and my girl that went hunting Saturday afternoon, my girl had never been hunting and was excited to go, I had her all bundled up, she is cold natured unlike myself so had multiple layers of clothes on her and lots of heavy camo outer wear, couldnt have her getting cold, thats not a good hunt at all. I have a 14' tall buddy stand, we were both in it soaking in Mother Nature, might I remind you all she is a city girl so for her to be out in the woods is a whole different world. She absolutely loved it, was so quiet and beautiful, hate to say it but neither of us saw anything, Connor was disappointed but hey thats hunting, more times than not you are unsuccessful. I was just happy to have him in the woods and her by my side, was fun sharing that with her and experiencing it. She is getting to like country life, she still is amazed how beautiful the night sky is out here and how brilliant the stars are. I am so looking forward to the future you all, hope you all feel the same!

@Reflections Thanks so much, I hope you are doing great out there and wish you all the best in the days ahead!

Ok for a little Show & Tell, I mentioned a while back that I was missing a couple pieces in my log vape collection, I was short the PD, WDZ, and the Eterra which I am sure I will never ever acquire. So a few weeks back I did a custom job for my good friend @KidFated. I sent him a PM saying his stuff was in route and to be on the look out, he asked me for my address and said he wanted to send me a gift, I had no idea what I would receive, not even a clue, he wasnt one to give any hints and I love surprises. He sent me tracking info so I knew about when it would show, was coming USPS, and sure enough it arrived Saturday and much to my surprise what a wonderful gift it was,

Eds%20PD%20Log%20Vape_zpstugvlfic.jpg

As you see above I am the proud owner of a PD in pristine condition! Not even the slightest rattle, seems to have not a whole lot of use. I opened it in the shop and was grinning ear to ear, ran in the house to show my girl and brag about what I had received! She really has no clue to what I was so happy about and had to explain to her what an awesome piece this is, how honored I was to have gotten it, and of course about my whole log vape collection and all that. She was happy I was happy but still doesnt grasp the gist of my enthusiasm lol! Now I have to take a pic of this collection I have and now have a great reason to do so! Thanks so much @KidFated. this means alot to me and I am so appreciative bro, you are the man and your kindness was a pleasant surprise to start my new year with!

If anyone knows how I can get my hands on a WDZ and the prized Eterra pls let me know!

Oh BTW, if you look at my middle finger you can see where the table saw got that piece of meat that I dont think will ever grow back.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning, ok for a quick and short Show & Tell,

For my man @HellsWindStaff

A Bloodwood 14mm Hammer Stem, 18mm Afzelia Burl Nano/UD Stem, Afzelia 14/18mm WPA UD OEM Stem

Bloodwood%20Hammer%20Vapor%20Stem%20Afzelia%20Nano%2018mm%20Stem%20Afzelia%20UD%2014-18%20WPA%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zps0mgscroc.jpg

and for @slatihe we have a Hawaiian Koa Multi-tool and a California Redwood Burl 14/18mm WPA Nano/UD stem

Redwood%20Burl%20Nano%2014-18mm%20WPA%20amp%20Koa%20Multi-Tool%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zpstlqcyhn9.jpg

Others to come this week so keep an eye out for more to come!

Uhhhh Edited because I am an idiot!!! Wrong guy my bad!

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Beautiful work Ed! I cannot wait to check these out in person, but from the looks of it, they look top notch!

Really digging the design on the longer Underdog stem, I told Ed "simple yet elegant".....I think he got the nail right on the head! Wood on the chisel? Something like that! They all look absolutely beautiful though, can't wait!

Thanks again for the work Ed, I'll definitely let you know how everything works out, & thanks @Snappo for the burly blanks :)

I forgot to mention, loving that Redwood Burl WonG!

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Such fast shipping, got them today! Have to run out for a few, will snap up some photo's when I get back, but WOWZA! Great looking stuff! Both the Afzelia pieces look out of this world, and they pair PERFECT with my Afzelia doggy :) but I'm so impressed by the Hammer Bloodwood stem! Such sheen to it!

Now, I see I have o rings and extra screens, is there a tutorial or a how to on how to change these newer models? I was pretty sure there was, but I wasn't sure and hadn't found it (I just briefly checked) I would like to see how easy it is to change, but I also don't want to just destroy these awesome new stems! Lol. I'll do some research when I get back, just wanted to stop in quickly and let you know they got here A-OK and look FANTASTIC!!! Thanks again for the quality craftsmanship!

Edit: Forgot to mention, I LOVE the smell of opening up a fresh package of Ed's Stems :p

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Alright, sorry for the double post, but I got a lotta stuff to add :)

First up, the direct draw 18mm stem with Afzelia Burl by @Snappo !

vtd4baW.jpg

JWT4HtW.jpg

Beautiful! I just had buffed up my Afzelia Burl dog yesterday, and it was really popping! I don't often buff my Ed's Stems, as a lot of them have so many grooves and edges I figured it would be more trouble than it's worth...this batch was a bit simpler so figured I'd try it.... boy add a little under butter to them and they really pop! I did that for all the rest of these, and one other Afzelia stem I didn't manage to get a proper photo with.

dx1jVQg.jpg

jsmIWUH.jpg

r2imECS.jpg

So fucking nice! Hit's awesomely!

Next up, the 14/18mm Afzelia WonG ! So beautiful! My original intention was for it to be 14/18 so I could use it in either type fitting....unfortunately, the 18mm starts up just a tad too high for all my pieces. For instance, the end of the wong is touching the guard of my hydratube, but there isn't a full seal. Another piece is the same thing, and for all my 18mm adapters, the 14mm part of the WonG is too long, just won't make a proper seal.

Now that said, it looks so fucking nice! And it hits absolutely awesomely in 14 mm, fits like a fucking glove! I originally was debating on this WonG as a 14 or an 18...getting a 14mm bubbler made up and I wanted to primarily use this with that, so I cannot wait to try! Plus, I have 14/18 reducers, so I can use it on all my glass still, just needed to add a little piece :) It really shines though I love the waves and chapel/temple type of look it got going on...like a sweet ancient pillar! Zen!

Q6ENkWB.jpg

Nv3Y1HH.jpg

Bf9Vczo.jpg

(See, I'm so high, I'm damn near sure I took two pictures of the same side lol)

And the Bloodwood Hammer stem! This one honestly shocked me the most like I said earlier, not that I didn't think it would be quality, but I bought the Afzelia stems to match the dog....kind of knew what I was getting into with them :) It feels nice and hard (lol) but the long grain lines look so awesome, and it has this super sweet shimmer about it! Hits like a champ! Much better than the stock stem! Fits like a glove in my 14mm stuff too! Also fits like a glove on the Hammer! Sweet!

wQLgIfC.jpg

mKzHLEr.jpg

NFQdeTS.jpg

(that "bloodline" is so pronounced in person, looks so sick!!)

I got to ask Ed, what's the little something something unique with the Hammer stem? I just see beauty! I've never seen another one either so hard to compare :)

I am quite medicated after all the testing :) Couldn't of asked for nicer stems, they are all perfect and hit so nice, I feel so sophisticated puffing away on my direct draw lol, and a giant one hit lung buster out the WonG makes me feel like a kid again! And this Hammer stem won't break in the box when I take it out the bar! Quality work across the board! So, one last time

THANK YOU

4OhYRxk.jpg

:lol:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning everyone, sorry for the delay on getting back here to follow up on everyone's posts, gosh what great pics you all shot! Been slammed as always, had the boys this weekend then went out with my girl and her best friend and her man, had a great time just getting to know them, was fun. Tried several times to get here to post myself but was back and forth with vape companies and advertisers, then following up on emails and orders, wow go go go, thats usually how Mondays go. Had such a great time Saturday night really wasnt up to making it happen Sunday, was a really unproductive day, did make it to church that night so figured I did some good in that area. Anyhow wanna say it was Friday when Carter turned his first pen, wow what a nice piece he did it in Asian Curly Crape Myrtle, he did such a great job! We bored the brass tube inserts and glued them the day before so they would have plenty of time to dry. Also did a set in Hawaiian curly Koa that he still has to turn, those will be spectacular. When we put this thing together he was grinning from ear to ear and had to show off, he was texting pics, posting to his Instagram saying "Taking Orders" was so cool seeing him as excited as he was!

2016-01-08%2016.52.42_zpsfp0y1qxe.jpg

What a beauty! I told him and his brother they needed to come up with business names and that I would help them get a website started and such so they could begin to learn what it takes and how its works. Connor is wanting to call his the Crafty Carver & Carter is thinking Reed's Wooden Pens, I think both are great. By the way if anyone would like a pen pls let us know. We are doing these in woods we have on hand until he feels comfortable doing ones that are sent to him and you all know we have tones of exotics and burls so by all means give us a shout, Carter needs a vehicle!

Am doing all I can to get some more custom stuff out this week before I leave for Texas, will be in south Tex hunting ducks for 2 days, super stoked! Going to hit it hard get a quick limit Saturday morning, then rush back to the hotel to clean the birds then back to the water to get another limit and hopefully nail a few Pintails, so wanting to bring a couple mounters back and do them on a Texas state Plaque like I did my Mallard last year on the Mississippi state plaque. So we get 2 trips in Saturday and will give it another go on Sunday morning, that should give me 18 birds, should be plenty of meat for the boys when I get home. My girl has never eaten duck before so she is anxious to try it and knows I dont cook anything that doesnt taste great so should be fun!

@KeVo23 What a spectacular pic you posted! That VapMan's wood grain is amazing, really like it by itself and the burl pieces are such a nice addition, thanks for the work and the post bro, I hope you are enjoying them!

@HellsWindStaff Wow what a great post with all the kind words my man, am very grateful! I wanna say you wanted the 18mm Afzelia to be sleek and sexy with minimal detail so I hope I have achieved that. I am not sure I understand the fitting issue you are mentioning with the 14/18mm wong, I make those particular pieces with a length of 7/8" for both 14/18mm shafts, the lip between the two is about an 1/8" so then it steps up to the 18mm where its 7/8", that makes the wong lengths at just about 2". I wanna say that I add 1" above it for the detail and for the UD stem tip to seat deep within the wong itself. I gotta say that Bloodwood Hammer Stem is so freaking nice, I really like that species! I mentioned to you that I was doing something a little different than I had done before, what I did was use my parting tool on either side of the groove and burn bands giving it that flat feature on either side, just thought it would be neat and havent done it for anyone else. I am glad to hear it fits great for use with your WP and the Hammer itself. Hope you are enjoying it! Really cool you placed all the stems to make my name, very cool! Now to what you asked me about and PM'd me also, sorry for the delay in explaining it,

The extra orings are you know for the groove within the shaft that slides into the bushing, the bushing should slide off without a lot of force, maybe give it a little twist and pull at the same time. I have tried to make the wood shaft just a tad under the ID of the bushing and the oring groove to be kinda tight, thing is after several uses the wood is going to shrink somewhat due to the heat, its inevitable, will only be just a teeny tiny bit, you wont even be able to see it but will happen. Once the bushing is removed the screen can be pushed out using a small instrument of some sort from the opposite end, each stem comes with extra orings and extra screens. The internal retaining clip should stay in place. Pop another fresh screen over the clip and slide the wooden shaft with the oring in the groove back into the bushing. The orings are high temperature and should last a while even with frequent removal of the bushing. My beta tester for this design gave it abuse and still was on his first oring after several weeks. I hope this is helpful @HellsWindStaff and to anyone else out there!

Also @HellsWindStaff I got the feeling you were heavily medicated after I read all that, lol Eb!!!

Matter of fact @Reflections Thanks for stopping by, hows your nano stem holding up with the oring and all after I am sure you have removed it and cleaned the stem a few times by now? Pls let us know your findings!

@NickDlow Nice idea my man, well done and thanks for letting us all know bro! Hope all is well up your way and hope you are staying warm as well, be safe out there boss!

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I was doing something a little different than I had done before, what I did was use my parting tool on either side of the groove and burn bands giving it that flat feature on either side

I was going to say this actually, because I noticed how none of my other stems had the feature, but I wasn't sure......it didn't go unnoticed though! It would be sweet (and I imagine a bit of work) to do a pattern like that down the whole stem...but boy I bet it would look sick after!

Thanks for the advice on changing the screens, makes perfect sense!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good afternoon, glad you did notice the slight new detailing I had done, Yeah would be some work but could be done down the entire piece if you so wanted it that way, got a feeling it might be a little too busy though. Also glad it all makes sense now on how to change the screens and such now, its really easy peasy! Hope you saw below, @Reflections has had her piece for a few weeks now and as she mentioned hasnt changed it yet. Pls do let me know how it goes when you do so Reflections.

@Reflections thanks for noticing Carters work! I just ordered him some really neat 24 karat gold clips, some with crosses, some with deer, also some with the medical symbol with the 2 snakes. My girl is graduating from Surgical Tech school this summer and in a few years will have her PHD, he wants to make her a really nice pen. Have some neat felt lined pen boxes coming too. Oh just wait til he starts turning some of the burls I have into pens, those will be spectacular!

Top Bottom