easy vape to launch box - it all combusts :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkrom

Great Scott!
The truth is so far in my experience with a VERY few specific exceptions, most vapes under $100 are not worth it (now that the MFLB is over $100). The vapor genie brand ones under $100 work great for most people, and the gnome. Other than that there really aren't too many I can come up with off the top of my head easily.

darkrom,

secretive

It seems I've come full circle. I've tried the mflb today with actual 'stuff' (before I used 'stuff' that had already been vaped, due to lack of $). Now, either it's weak 'stuff', or I've learnt to appreciate the easy vape.

with the lb...

The batteries need recharging after 3 draws or so. Recharging them makes them fucking hot. However, using both batteries, I wasn't exhaling much vapor. It was barely visible (compared to the easy vape). Also, I wasn't really feeling the effect of the thc. I tried with and without the mouth piece. And... found myself recharging the batteries, as I hadn't felt sufficiently toasted yet.

I'd walk to the room with my converter and battery recharger and notice it'd remain blinking for some 10 - 20 mins.

I then thought I'd compare highs. I ripped out my easy vape (which I had sticky taped up and put in a cardboard box in a drawer) and turned it up to 320.

I felt an effect.

The lb, apparently goes to 380f. But at 320f on the easy vape, I felt more of a kick of euphoria. I left the room and came back again and turned it up to 370f.

I applied the same drawing technique that I did with the lb, and was 'careful', (somewhat) with my inhaling, and... no combustion.

Also I was breathing out clouds of vapor with the easy vape, and barely noticeable mini ones with the lb.

So I guess the moral of this story is 'You don't know what you've got, till it's gone.'

I'll try the lb again with my next batch of 'stuff' and see how it is then. But until then I'll just remain 'careful' with the easy vape.

the end.

secretive,

secretive

I did exactly everything the guy in the video said. And ZERO vapor came out of my mouth. EVERYTIME. I'll stick to the easyvape.

secretive,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I did exactly everything the guy in the video said. And ZERO vapor came out of my mouth. EVERYTIME. I'll stick to the easyvape.
That's so weird, I'm blowing mad clouds with mine. Sounds like either the batteries are dead or something's wrong with your box, because my stock batteries have turned a bowl totally black before.

Quetzalcoatl,

lwien

If you're doing the exact same thing, than as Quetz said, it's either a faulty box or faulty batteries.

lwien,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The batteries need recharging after 3 draws or so. Recharging them makes them fucking hot. However, using both batteries, I wasn't exhaling much vapor. It was barely visible (compared to the easy vape). Also, I wasn't really feeling the effect of the thc. I tried with and without the mouth piece. And... found myself recharging the batteries, as I hadn't felt sufficiently toasted yet.

Something is wrong with either your batteries, the charger, or both. While the batteries should get warm while charging, they should not get hot. You should be able to handle them comfortably. The batteries should last for at least 20 hits or so.

Also, the LB goes way past 380°F. With good batteries, it will reach combustion (446°F).

pakalolo,
Reactions: Vicki

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I agree with Quetzalcoatl, you can say you don't like the difficulty in not combusting with the LB and i believe you since that is the experience of many. You can say it takes time to control the temperature to get the kind of hits you want. IMO, it is all a question of practice although it has a bigger learning curve than most.

But you seem to have some kind of problem with the batteries, I usually do 2-3 trenches with each battery and since i have been vaping less lately and only at night, it lasts on average 1 day per battery. After two days i charge a pair, and use the other in the next two days.

And i can tell you it is hard to find a vaporizer that is as silent, stealth and inconspicuous as this whilst maintaining a good flavour and similar battery life, for this price range and then some.

It certainly has its flaws, but they can be worked around with practice.

About the easy vape, i don't have one but i give the same advice as with the LB, practice!

In the end, it is possible to vaporize given the correct temperature, just be sure to control with the draw speed and the amount of medicine you put in, they are the variables who influence the most apart from the temperature that you chose.

vorrange,

max

Out to lunch
secretive said:
Also I was breathing out clouds of vapor with the easy vape, and barely noticeable mini ones with the lb.
My sports car gets to 60 faster than my SUV too. What a surprise. It's called apples and oranges. While a lot of people are getting big vapor hits from the LB, I don't even try. I like it for little hits and I don't think anyone should buy this vape expecting it to easily replace a full size whip vape. That's not the design goal.
vorrange said:
And i can tell you it is hard to find a vaporizer that is as silent, stealth and inconspicuous as this whilst maintaining a good flavour and similar battery life, for this price range and then some.
Agreed. That's more of the design goal.

max,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
My sports car gets to 60 faster than my SUV too. What a surprise. It's called apples and oranges. While a lot of people are getting big vapor hits from the LB, I don't even try. I like it for little hits and I don't think anyone should buy this vape expecting it to easily replace a full size whip vape. That's not the design goal.
Agreed. That's more of the design goal.

And yet, that is exactly what I've done. It is my one and only vaporizer now. My full size vap has been packed away in storage for years. (A Vapor Warez) Some people can get big clouds, and so can I, if I'm using the correct technique, and even more so with the PA. Most times I don't want or need big clouds. I think it can be whatever the user makes it to be. :)

Vicki,

max

Out to lunch
And yet, that is exactly what I've done. It is my one and only vaporizer now. My full size vap has been packed away in storage for years. (A Vapor Warez) Some people can get big clouds, and so can I, if I'm using the correct technique, and even more so with the PA. Most times I don't want or need big clouds. I think it can be whatever the user makes it to be. :)
I agree Vicki. It's clear that, especially with the PA, this can be a great 'only vape'. The problem is, too many people who are new to vaping gravitate to it due to low price, rave reviews, and portability, then don't put in the time and effort it takes to 'get the goods' from it. Too many smokers expect vaping to be as easy as smoking, and unless you've got a bag filler (or one of the few others with exceptional heat retention or recovery), there's a learning curve to deal with. As for wanting big clouds of vapor, I understand the attraction. It's proof of what you're getting. The problem is, it also means a lot of what you're getting is getting away from you, into the air. I'm not a believer in the 'instant absorption theory', so for me, big hits are only good if you can retain most of 'em.

It's the old psychological problem where vaporizing is so much like smoking, that people tend to think it's too much like smoking, forgetting that vaping requires the right temp range, with differences between the vapor and effect you get at different temps, and also that vapor isn't smoke, despite the resemblance.

secretive

I'm alternating between both and experimenting with the lb. I do very much associate big clouds of vapor coming from my mouth as a sign that I'm doing it correctly (and most importantly not WASTING my 'stuff'). It could be a psychological thing. But my copying the dude in the video's technique and NOT getting any clouds, when his was quite a large, very much concerns me. Also, my 'stuff' doesn't seem to be a strong batch, so any high, could be from a placebo effect (without the reassurance of large clouds - even if keeping the clouds in my lungs is the way to go, I still want to make sure I'm doing it correctly.) One thing I found unhelpful in the video was his not sealing his lips over the tube. I try without the tube, and breathe in slowly and not in the 'pulse' way of doing it - seems to be the only way of getting almost-clear weak annorexic clouds. Which are the only clouds I can get :( It narrows down to my $'s worth on the lb and my $'s worth of 'stuff'.

secretive,
Reactions: vorrange

vorrange

Vapor.wise
The clouds are more psychological like Max said, unless you hook it to a bong of course. In the case of using bubblers or bongs, there is water being turned to clouds. That being said, i like to see the vapor as well although i realize there are potential losses associated with that.

I suggest you get new batteries, and buy brand batteries, not chinese knock offs. The batch can explain the absence of clouds as well, but i still think it is the batteries.

YOu should have difficulty not over burning with the LB, especially when you are getting familiar with the device. You seem to be under burning which is actually quite odd.

Sometimes i do a long pull, while pulsing the battery and controling the temperature feeling the heat in my mouth. Other times, i do the shake while pressing the battery and then inhaling when i see the vapor, and repeat like 3 times, inhale just air and then hold my breath for like 5 seconds.
Other times, i do the micro hits while inhaling through just the nose and shaking each 3 seconds.

Everytime i get clouds so it is not your technique that seems to be the problem. Either the batteries are bad or your charger is malfunctioning.

vorrange,

lwien

In the case of using bubblers or bongs, there is water being turned to clouds.

Water being turned to clouds? :shrug:

Are you suggesting that the heat generated by the LB is enough to turn the water into steam?

lwien,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
It was just a weird way to say that the water evaporates. If it has enough heat to vaporize herbs (more than 185º celsius), it has enough heat to evaporate water.

I think this is true for any vaporizer though, not just the LB.

vorrange,

lwien

It was just a weird way to say that the water evaporates. If it has enough heat to vaporize herbs (more than 185º celsius), it has enough heat to evaporate water.

I think this is true for any vaporizer though, not just the LB.

By the time that the vapor exits the LB and enters into the glass, there is not enough heat before it hits the water to cause any increase in water evaporation at all that would cause any kind of clouds whatsoever.

The heat that is generated to vaporize the bud is very quickly dissipated, especially when one considers the length it has to travel before it comes into contact with the water.

lwien,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
the videos i saw of people hooking up the LB with the water pipe adapter would make me think there is evaporation although not much, especially compared to other vapes, but perhaps you are right.

My point was only that the clouds you see when not using water filtration have much more potential losses in active compounds than when you use it.

vorrange,

lwien

My point was only that the clouds you see when not using water filtration have much more potential losses in active compounds than when you use it.

I don't undertand this statement either. Please explain.

lwien,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
If you exhale dry vapor, i.e. without using water filtration, what you are exhaling is only what was extracted from the herbs during vaporization. The blood vessels in your lungs will absorb as much as they can but it won't be completely absorbed.

If you exhale moist vapor, part of what you exhale is water that evaporated.

Kind of like in a bag vaporizer, because there is more air and less active compounds, you have a more efficient process. Using water filtration it acts a bit in a similar way.

vorrange,

secretive

Interesting quote here: "To get the same effect out of the Box as with a bong, users should take long slow deeply drawn hits. The slowness is for the Box heating characteristics--the longness is so that the user takes a deep hit, fully into the deep passages of the lungs, so as to get full value for their effort."

secretive,

secretive

Hello
So anyway, after experimenting with the mflb for a few weeks now. I've noticed, it combusts easily if you keep the stem in. However, if you wait the same amount of time before drawing, going 'native' then it won't conbust, but will give you a somewhat good hit. As though of you who have been reading the posts know, the mflb starts at like 380f. However, my highs weren't that great. I'd find myself needing another one to feel any buzz. So, sooner of later, I tried the easy vape again. Baking it at 320-330 through the ev actually got me high. I'm using quite strong stuff, but with the mflb I don't "feel' anything. However, with the ev I do. But this is just my opinion and experience, we are all different.
Remember, don't break the law and don't hurt anyone.

secretive,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom