Tek Easy to read Skunk Pharm QWET Instructions

OldOyler

Fire it again. I can still find the ground.
$30 for 750ml? yikes. i get that for $15, but i live very close to where EC is produced so maybe thats why its cheap here...?

and can you explain how you do your washes? i ask because you mention only using 250ml to wash 2 zips? i find myself using that much for 1 zip. so how are you washing? are you using a jar? do you pack the flowers down into the jar to shorten the height of the flowers in the jar... so it takes less EC to cover them? please advise.

ISO is much cheaper than ethanol. the setup is the same as QWET except the wash times are much shorter. ISO is considerably more aggressive so you are looking at a 20-30 sec wash instead of 3 mins.

KleenXtract is almost exactly the same as EC. in fact i think its slightly even a higher proof than EC. so basically its high grade ethanol. so really when someone does a QWET run they could be using either EC or KX. i would try KX, but i do not see the need as i have EC available at every corner market on the block. i stopped using ISO when i tasted my first batch of QWET.

a vac purge setup is on my radar next.
@2clicker ,

First, I am constantly amazed at how much I learn just by "showing up" for discussions. SO glad I brought my lurking days to an end!

As far as my wash, here is what I do. It is SO not fancy.

I start with dried (7 days) and cured (14 more days in mason jars) trimmed *and* manicured buds. They look "dispensary ready" when done.

I freeze dem buds overnight. I freeze my EC191 overnight.

I use a large rectangular stainless steel container. I put the buds in a "almond nut milk bag" (called something like that) as-is. The bag is an extra large one, and so I can get the buds (easily 2 zips, maybe almost 3 and some change) pretty much in a single layer - like a bunch of sweet sweeeeeeet marbles in the bottom of the pan.

I cover them with the EC191. I take a wooden spoon and crush the buds up while they are immersed in the EC for about 5 minutes. I let it sit for ANOTHER 5.

I remove the nut milk bag with the partially spent buds (no further straining is necessary, cool beans!), and then do a second wash *that I will only use the oil for my topical cannabis mixture*. I don't mix the two washes.

Back to the first wash - I pour the mash into a deeper stainless steel container. (By the way, just happen to always use the "U Konserve" brand. They have a vaccum seal lid (for storing the topical, I use small 15ml amber bottles for the rest)

I then use a fondue pot set to 200-degrees (F), and fill with enough water to come up 3/4 of the way up the side of the mash container, and take about 3 hours evaporating the EC in a simmering (i.e. - boiling) water bath. I take it down past just evap if possible - I will wait to see CO2 bubbles if I can. (Since they are much smaller than solvent bubbles)

At this point, I remove the mixture and quickly drain out the water from the fondue pot. Wipe really quick with seventy-trillion paper towels held in an oven-mitted hand so there are no water droplets.

I use a high-heat safflower oil, fill it so it will end up 1/2 way up the stainless steel container that is holding the oil. I use a 250-degree (F) oil bath for 10-15 minutes. I don't use time per se, I use skunk pharm's "look for CO2 bubble drop-off".

Now this is the method I have used very, very successfully. But I *am* looking at a new decarb method that @Grow Goddess is developing. But I can't give you the "sciene-ey" stuff yet (still being researched), so I don't want to bring it into any discussions quite yet. :-)

Peace 2clicker !

2clicker

Observer
@2clicker would you need to vacuum purge with ET/KX? I thought that was mainly for BHO?

great question! and one that i am still not 100% on. in fact maybe these posts should be added to @herbivore21s safety thread...? i have been under the impression that trace amounts of ethanol in oil was not a big deal, but the safety thread has me rethinking this. obviously taken orally its safe, but when heated and vaporized it may not be. how harmful can trace amount fumes can be? i have no idea. i do know that my QWET never tastes of anything other than the strain nor do i get headaches.

so now my thinking is that vac purging may just be what i need to KNOW for sure im good to go. plus im hoping that i can use that instead of a heat purge (what i currently do). the only heat i want to use is when im scraping it out of the evap dish. or does one have to use heat when vaccing? i still have more to learn.

i took a break off of extracting because i had access to errl that was cheaper to buy than make. that is gone now so its back to DIY for me. plus i just think its a good idea to have a vac for any kind of errl i may come across.

2clicker,
Reactions: killick

OldOyler

Fire it again. I can still find the ground.
great question! and one that i am still not 100% on. in fact maybe these posts should be added to @herbivore21s safety thread...? i have been under the impression that trace amounts of ethanol in oil was not a big deal, but the safety thread has me rethinking this. obviously taken orally its safe, but when heated and vaporized it may not be. how harmful can trace amount fumes can be? i have no idea. i do know that my QWET never tastes of anything other than the strain nor do i get headaches.

so now my thinking is that vac purging may just be what i need to KNOW for sure im good to go. plus im hoping that i can use that instead of a heat purge (what i currently do). the only heat i want to use is when im scraping it out of the evap dish. or does one have to use heat when vaccing? i still have more to learn.

i took a break off of extracting because i had access to errl that was cheaper to buy than make. that is gone now so its back to DIY for me. plus i just think its a good idea to have a vac for any kind of errl i may come across.

I am in complete agreement about re-thinking safety. I am following that thread as well.

When RSO is used sublingually, it is *supposed* to offset any impurities by its actually healing properties. I was okay with that. But then I started mixing my oil 1:1 with EJMix for my Kanger.

Now I am inhaling it, so I am finally "waking up" to asking myself those questions. Nonetheless, I will probably never end up on the "absolute purity" side of thinking *for myself*.

But there *are* plenty of ill people, with *plenty* of other health problems for whom having these questions answered *in advance* could be literally life-saving!

Thanks for your service to all of us.

:-)

Peace!

killick

But I like it!
Thanks guys! I was following a concentrate thread and was getting all gear-crazy, til I was told that I don't really need it til I get to BHO. IIRC there is low heat applied for vac purging, and the use of vacuum lowers the boiling point, so temps are low (can't recall numbers tho - wasn't actually trying to remember the info until I'm ready to try it).

Now I *do* want to try BHO, and I *will* want to vac purge, but I also want to wait until I have somewhere safe to do it. The guy in the local hemp shop was telling me that he does BHO runs into his kitchen sink. I think a sink is reasonable idea, as the fumes will go down to an area that isn't sparky. I do this with ISO/EC in a spare bathroom, which has a high tech ventilation system that changes the air in the room every minute or two with no issues and no smell escaping. But thats not Butane... and Butane makes me just that little bit more cautious about things like houses...

killick,

2clicker

Observer
Thanks guys! I was following a concentrate thread and was getting all gear-crazy, til I was told that I don't really need it til I get to BHO. IIRC there is low heat applied for vac purging, and the use of vacuum lowers the boiling point, so temps are low (can't recall numbers tho - wasn't actually trying to remember the info until I'm ready to try it).

Now I *do* want to try BHO, and I *will* want to vac purge, but I also want to wait until I have somewhere safe to do it. The guy in the local hemp shop was telling me that he does BHO runs into his kitchen sink. I think a sink is reasonable idea, as the fumes will go down to an area that isn't sparky. I do this with ISO/EC in a spare bathroom, which has a high tech ventilation system that changes the air in the room every minute or two with no issues and no smell escaping. But thats not Butane... and Butane makes me just that little bit more cautious about things like houses...

i know you havent done anything yet, but PLEASE do not blast tane inside your house or any building. this must be done outside. the guy at your LHS may not have had any problems yet, but from what i understand its only a matter of time.

keep that shit away from ANYTHING that can spark. you should ask him how far his fridge is from his sink. or anything else that is plugged in for that matter.

this is why i like my QWET! i too would try BHO, but i do not have sufficient space or privacy outside my place.

phooka

the butane wouldnt go down the sink.. theres a trap on the drain under your sink to prevent sewer gas from escaping. it also prevents gas from going down the drain. NEVER BLAST INSIDE please warn this guy at the lhs i dont want to see someone in our community get hurt!

phooka,
Reactions: 2clicker

negan

Yes please correct that dude. You might save his life and maybe others too. He is very lucky Darwin hasn't called, yet.

Also you shouldn't be pulling tane or iso (any explosive solvent) through a fan (like the bathroom exhaust) unless you know for certain that the fan has a sparkless motor. These type of fans are uncommon/expensive. You always want your fan blowing the gasses away from the fan and the fan's intake pulling clean air. Even then it still isn't the safest move to use a fan. From my understanding EC is just flammable so you don't need to worry as much. Since I started with iso I just follow my same procedures now with EC (outdoors for initial evap and spark discipline).

negan,

killick

But I like it!
I rolled my eyes, he looked at me and said 'it's fine, there are no issues with it', which is where you drop it. But I won't be dropping by to check out his tek anytime soon.

Fans, and not to put too fine a point on it, and I do appreciate all the pointers and tips - you guys are smart! Thats why I'm here. But I'm all good. Yes, the system in the house is expensive, and yes it works great, and yes I'm not overloading it, and no, it's not pointed at the evaping tray, and yes, when all zones are open it exchanges all air in the house in 6 minutes. I appreciate all concern, but if I weren't doing it safely I wouldn't be doing it at all, which circles back to:

killick,
Top Bottom