rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
Almost a chemical taste. Not entirely off-putting, but not wonderful either.

the tastiest and/or best smelling aren't necessarily going to have my favourite effects.

now that I'm getting more of the good stuff I'm being more compulsive about cleaning the screens and the glass stems. More worth getting the pure flavour, now that most stuff tastes better.

But, I'm loving this Dreamweaver I got, and it's not the tastiest, but good effects. still fairly tasty. Note, DreamWeaver is another tricky one, this is MTG Seeds Blue Dream x Alpha Blue, not Dutch Passions Dreamweaver, which is a cross of 2 california indicas. The dispensary website didn't specify, but I clarified with the budtender.

rabblerouser,
Reactions: flotntoke

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Does altitude have a bearing on vaporizing temperatures?

What other people said, but also, if you have less stuff plugged into the outlet, the Nano will run hotter at the same temp.

Love seeing the Milaana discussed here. Drags off my airizer feel like nothing now after getting one of those. Still doesn't compare to the nano though. But I think the flavor through Mi is better. Maybe because I have my nano pretty high, but the flavor sig on the Mi is just so awesome, I can't believe it still takes that good after several large pulls

beiberhole69,
Reactions: GetLeft

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
I've seen multiple strains listed named Gorilla Glue at different dispensaries, not all the same. I.E. I have seen sativas,hybrids, and indicas all named that. I did find Gorilla Glue #4 online, but no #3. Haven't had any of them.
You know, he may have said #4, I can't be certain, I was BENT........he had some dispensary edible chocolates 245mg or something....we ate a couple of those......TOASTED. The nano really let the flavor profile out on this stuff.

GetLeft

Does it make a difference on whether I start at a low temp and gradually increase or just vaping at a higher temp to start?

Wanna be hi fast or be hi slow?
Sometimes I like slow sometimes I like fast.

Now that I say that I confess that the nanonator usually gets m hi fast.

I can see one!!

Good find.

:tup:

Last edited:

olivianewtonjohn

Depending on the ERA and GEOGRAPHY?
MEDICAL or RECREATION?

0.15g is what I load in my SOLO
0.20g is what I load in my NANO

We are unevenly yoked?

CIVILIZED is my QUEST!

We don't have the same goal It seems?
My need is MEDICAL not RECREATIONAL!
I wish it was RECREATIONAL.

Well I was replying to flotntoke who said solo uses more material than enano....I wonder how many people use less than .040g in the enano? Id bet not many. One thing I thought about was maybe equal amounts just dont give the same effects?

I hear you on that one, definitely recreational for me, I mean I get some benefit but im sure nothing compared to others.

We covered ataxia in class the other day and I thought of you bud. Thought about telling my classmates about this badass robot on FC who tests the rigidity and durability of water pipes and adapters LOL; maybe someday that would be appropriate in "professional" settings. For now its fine to talk about alcohol but its tabu to talk about the devils lettuce :rolleyes:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Well I was replying to flotntoke who said solo uses more material than enano....I wonder how many people use less than .040g in the enano? Id bet not many. One thing I thought about was maybe equal amounts just dont give the same effects?

I hear you on that one, definitely recreational for me, I mean I get some benefit but im sure nothing compared to others.

We covered ataxia in class the other day and I thought of you bud. Thought about telling my classmates about this badass robot on FC who tests the rigidity and durability of water pipes and adapters LOL; maybe someday that would be appropriate in "professional" settings. For now its fine to talk about alcohol but its tabu to talk about the devils lettuce :rolleyes:
I have had a very good life and very greatful my SCA (ataxia) came late in my life.

CANNABIS helped me so much.
When I was a young gun in HAWAII we surf big giant waves and grew 4 - 5 Foot COLAS.
1970- 1982 was the era. CANNABIS was free. People that were not right we're taken to the airport to go back to the MAINLAND.

People with a smart mouth did not make it very far!

I broke my last GonG today so I put the NANO away for now.
No STEM either so back in the VAPOR closet.

EUROPE will have a cure before USA.

Last edited:

Elbuort19

Please help out a nano noob. What do I need to connect an inverted nano to a D020-D? Thanks!

Elbuort19,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Depending on the ERA and GEOGRAPHY?
MEDICAL or RECREATION?

0.15g is what I load in my SOLO
0.20g is what I load in my NANO

We are unevenly yoked?

CIVILIZED is my QUEST!

We don't have the same goal It seems?
My need is MEDICAL not RECREATIONAL!
I wish it was RECREATIONAL.

Why all the harshness because I don't enjoy the solo as much as nano or other vapes?

I don't usually measure to less than .1 g. In past when I've compared I put about 3 - 4 times in solo than nano, but usually takes me 2 loads of nano or one of these in solo to get me - by myself - to where I want to be. That works out to solo using twice as much. Not that it is much more material in the load, but twice as much will shrink your stash twice as fast. Could load less in solo, but still find it takes twice as much to get me to where I want to be.

Also, enjoy the flavor and effects of a few other portables more than solo - mostly because of conduction/convection. Nothing really wrong with the solo, I just like other portables better for these reasons. And would never say solo is on par with nano for flavor or effects. For what it is and price it costs, it is a nice portable. Was my primary portable for a long while and still in the rotation - even if low on my list. Point is and continues to be, there are other portables out there that are more nano-like.

IMO.... Conduction = civilized. Convection = more civilized.

Last edited:

LazyVaper

I really hope Andy doesn't mess with either. I'm pretty sure the nano works as well as it does because of the metal in wood with heater core in center sheathed in ss. I also wouldn't say it is inefficient. The way it works, I'd say all the heat IS used for our material. I refer to it as nano magic, and I still don't entirely get it. But, I've spent more than a few hours stoned by it and staring at the beautiful simplicity. You may notice that the air intake is at the bottom of the heater core cover. When everything is warmed up properly, your intake air is preheated by being drawn through the heated metal cup inside, then through the tube along the heater core. Pretty sure this is part of the magic. If the wood wasn't there it wouldn't look nearly as pretty and would burn your hand before too long. And, don't think ceramic would do as good of a job of simple preheating (after it took much longer to heat up). It also seems that the heat jacket around the ss covered heater core and trapped inside the metal cup is at least part of what keeps heat so consistent despite draw speeds or power.

Yeah, I thought about this some more, and I agree, the wider girth metal "barrel" probably does help preheat the air. From pictures I've seen, I believe that metal barrel also further distinguishes the E-Nano from the UnderDog and Heat Island. That said, if indeed the warm metal barrel does indeed preheat the air, why not make it longer? In other words, make the E-Nano taller overall, so there's a longer preheat path?

There is a bit more to it I'm sure, but I think this is why many (especially newer vapors) enjoy nano more than other logs. As @snackmaster said above, "if it ain't broke...". Why mess with something that is already so close to absolute perfection?

I would argue that for just about everything that has ever existed, as soon as someone called it "perfect", someone else came along and made a better version. (Granted, when something really is highly optimized, it's a lot easier to make it worse than to further improve it.)

Anyway, I am by nature someone who tinkers with things compulsively. :) The E-Nano is a great device, I'm not saying otherwise. But given its simplicity, I can't help but think of ways to "hack" it (for better or worse). ;)

Another idea, then, is to leave the metal barrel as-is, but make the outer-most part ceramic instead of wood. Yes, I know, that's blasphemy, as it would no longer be a beautiful piece of wood. However, ceramic is an insulator. So if indeed having a warm metal barrel is a beneficial feature of the E-Nano, maybe it could be further helped if the outside of the metal was insulated. You might be able to get away with less power for the same temps. Wood is a terrible insulator (for example, read about "thermal bridging" in traditional stick home construction).

Anyone out there comfortable with thermodynamic modeling software? I'm willing to bet this device could be modeled fairly accurately. If not, I'll have to add it to my list of geeky hobby pursuits.

I do think the cord could be improved for real, though. While it does carry up to 120 VAC, wire size is more about how much current (amps) has to be delivered (rather than voltage). (And if I'm not mistaken, AC is even less sensitive to wire thickness compared to DC; that's one of the main reasons the world standardized on AC for transmission---DC would require impossibly thick wire for mass distribution.) In the E-Nano's case, it's well under half an amp, meaning the wiring could be much smaller. Small gauge, multi-strand wire with a cloth cover ought to be just as rugged as the stock cord. Add a small fuse to the temp control knob and you never have to worry about exceeding the wire's current capacity. I'm slowly working my way through the entirety of this thread (in the mid 400s now), has anyone hacked up a slimmer cord? Going from pictures, it looks like the UD and HI have smaller cords. Ironically, their current draw is actually higher, since they are using lower voltage.

I have some Banana Kush in my stem tonight. And no the vapor doesn't taste like bananas. What's in your nano?

When you posted that, I was alternating between God's Gift and Lavender. Looks like you're in Seattle, right? That's where I picked up those strains, as I was recently there. Although most recently I acquired some White Harmony, a high-CBD strain. So far I really like the WH!

I don't usually measure to less than .1 g. In past when I've compared I put about 3 - 4 times in solo than nano, but usually takes me 2 loads of nano or one of these in solo to get me - by myself - to where I want to be. That works out to solo using twice as much. Not that it is much more material in the load, but twice as much will shrink your stash twice as fast. Could load less in solo, but still find it takes twice as much to get me to where I want to be.

I'm a somewhat infrequent user, in the neighborhood of 3-5 times per week. So it's taken me a while to feel out the E-Nano, and compare to the Arizer Air, which I've had and used for over a year now. I finally had a couple back-to-back occasions (one night to the next, that is) to help with the comparison, as going from memory is a sketchy proposition!

One thing I wanted to discuss was efficiency of the Nano versus Air/Solo. I don't think the Nano is inefficient by any means. But in terms of product usage, I find it to be approximately on-par with my Air. I don't have a scale, so can't measure. But going by feel, it seems I put approximately the same amount of flowers in either device. Based on others' comments in this thread, it seems I'm either under-packing the Air, or over-packing the Nano. If I can find the time, I'd like to make a video of me packing the Air stem, then immediately dumping it and putting the same material in the Nano stem. Then I can solicit opinions on the amount of material I'm using in either device.

I find the effect-level is roughly the same between the two devices, however, it's way faster with the Nano, hands-down. Usually two solid rips is all that's needed with the Nano, but the Air requires a whole 10 minute session (maybe a dozen or so draws) to get there.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Why all the harshness because I don't enjoy the solo as much as nano or other vapes?

Also, enjoy the flavor and effects of a few other portables more than solo - mostly because of conduction/convection. Nothing really wrong with the solo, I just like other portables better for these reasons. And would never say solo is on par with nano for flavor or effects. For what it is and price it costs, it is a nice portable. Was my primary portable for a long while and still in the rotation - even if low on my list. Point is and continues to be, there are other portables out there that are more nano-like.

IMO.... Conduction = civilized. Convection = more civilized.
I hate portables and think their a way to get kids to spend $?
I use a SOLO at least once a day.
The NANO is a different device. (I put it in storage because all my GonG's and STEM's are broke)

The argument was WOOD and it's function I thought?
I was referencing all the new materials available for the cover?
Cheaper and more profitable.
WOOD is a labor of love.

Why don't you make a cover out of WOOD for your BLOW DRYER?

I've been poor and rich!

RICH is better = CIVILIZED

Before my illness I made exotic wood art pieces. (that's why I'm JADED)!

WOOD & GLASS adapters are old technology! (that was my point)

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'd take that bet. The nano is way more efficient and can deliver satisfying vapor off a MUCH smaller load than a solo/air. It's not close IMO.
The NANO has really nice FLAVOR
YAPVKFy.jpg

TEFLON TAPE for the seal.
NANO = CIVILIZED
I like my SOLO however you can't compare a PLUG-IN with a PORTABLE?
3qgJMwY.jpg

@flotntoke back in the day they called me a "DICK"?
Need to order more GonG's!
SYSTEM "D" = CIVILIZED

DarkSm0ke

I just read back about 12 pages or so. Seems like there is a lot of activity regarding proper usage of the nano. Uggg... mine like I said before seems to not have the stamina like it did before my cord died. I used the new cord a couple times. It's okay, but it still seems to not have the same stamina as before. I even turned it up and slowed my draw. I even e-mailed EPIC about the whole situation on Wednesday... still no response. :(

I ended up contacting Alan and purchased a HI from him yesterday. Not trying to be a traitor here, but I love my nano, and since it is not doing the job and I have not heard back from the manufacturer, I have no choice. I haven't combusted in a long time, and I don't plan on going back to that.

In the meantime I am going to apply all of the tips and tricks I have read over the last 12 pages and try and see if I can find that sweet spot again. Right now my nano seems like it does not have enough gas in the tank :(

Just to be clear; I am really spoiled by my nano. I have for portables; oil pen, Solo, MFLB, Pax 2, Firefly 2, but it's not the same. Serious first world problem. I feel like a turd just typing all of this. This is depressing.

Jimmer144

Sargeant REG
I own both the Air and E-Nano, and I find i use both rather evenly, maybe with the slight edge going to the Air just because my water tool works so nicely with the tipped stock stem, (usually I put my bubbler in the freezer just before a session to cool the vapor). Anyways, the Nano is likely the superior vape considering just how efficient it is at extracting your material, however I prob find myself reaching for my Air more only because especially at night when i lazy and run down I like the ability to just load a fat bowl with some Kief in the Air and just sit back and recline in my leather chair to a session. But the Nano serves a great purpose if im just leaving the crib and need to medicate quickly 4-5 draws and im good to go, and it when i get home and i am impatient or my Air isnt charged, it is incredibly convenient to have my Nano sitting their at my desk already at temp or a hair below temp.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I just read back about 12 pages or so. Seems like there is a lot of activity regarding proper usage of the nano. Uggg... mine like I said before seems to not have the stamina like it did before my cord died. I used the new cord a couple times. It's okay, but it still seems to not have the same stamina as before. I even turned it up and slowed my draw. I even e-mailed EPIC about the whole situation on Wednesday... still no response. :(

I ended up contacting Alan and purchased a HI from him yesterday. Not trying to be a traitor here, but I love my nano, and since it is not doing the job and I have not heard back from the manufacturer, I have no choice. I haven't combusted in a long time, and I don't plan on going back to that.

In the meantime I am going to apply all of the tips and tricks I have read over the last 12 pages and try and see if I can find that sweet spot again. Right now my nano seems like it does not have enough gas in the tank :(

Just to be clear; I am really spoiled by my nano. I have for portables; oil pen, Solo, MFLB, Pax 2, Firefly 2, but it's not the same. Serious first world problem. I feel like a turd just typing all of this. This is depressing.

Plug it in another reciprocal?

I have never had one fail on me? (Had 2 since the start)?

Allen's heater is not as powerful as the NANO. (put in a request 2 years ago)?
NANO took 3 days?

It could be your power source?
Good luck!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@DarkSm0ke why not ask for a different electrical cord? It seems like a simple fix since the nano was working fine before.

Happy Friday! Using some Platinum Girl Scout Cookie right now in my nano. I like the regular adjustable stem and my heat is at 6.5 and I have great flavor and clouds.

DarkSm0ke

Plug it in another reciprocal?

I have never had one fail on me? (Had 2 since the start)?

Allen's heater is not as powerful as the NANO.

It could be your power source?
Good luck!

Yeah I did plug it in to another outlet. Other items work fine in that outlet too. The only thing different is the cord. First cord failed. It would turn the nano on (blue light) but then the light would fade out after a few seconds. Second cord is really picky. First cord sweet spot 6-7 on the dial, second cord sweet spot (not sure exactly) but only at or near 7 (very little variance). The third cord which I just got from Epic I only tried twice, and I just ran it on 10 for like 3 mins, hit it and turned it off because i was rushed both times. I guess my main complaint is that the unit itself with same strain and same draw speed seems to cool off faster than before. I mean it just isn't being as productive. I know we have discussed before that the nanos each have some subtle differences in regards to heater effectivity, but I never considered the cords themselves have such a wide variance. I don't know man, I think I am going to have to learn how to ride the bike all over again. At this point I am willing to send my nano back to Epic and pay to have a new heating element installed, but like I said before I emailed their site and have yet to hear back from them and that was Wednesday mid day. so at this point I am not too satisfied with their non-response.

@CarolKing Yes I had a spare that came with the nano when I purchased it from fellow fcer. but it seems that that cord anything under seven is not hot enough to vape well, and over 7 too hot. I just bought a new cord from them this week but I am still trying to dial it in. Haven't really used it but 2x quick on 10 then dialing it down to 7. Call it crazy, or me crazy, or both.

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
I never notice that much cooling as I'm using it, other than if it sits there it heats up noticeably for the first hit.

Edit:

I cut Andy a fair amount of slack being a small operation, but I feel your pain about lack of speedy response, not always as quick as I like, but has always resolved things for me.

My answer was just to get a spare e-nano for travel and in case anything happens to the first one :D

Last edited:

GetLeft

Ironically, their current draw is actually higher, since they are using lower voltage.

I think the heat dial has something to do with the thickness requirement of the wire. But I'm not sure.

n the meantime I am going to apply all of the tips and tricks I have read over the last 12 pages and try and see if I can find that sweet spot again.

If it's broken, no tricks are gonna fix it. Nor sweet spots be found. You'll hear from Epicvape. Doesn't the Hi take years to get?

I own both the Air and E-Nano

I use my Air more, but for reasons of necessity rather than preference. But I love it, man. It's been there for me through thick and through thin with zero issues for a year and a half now (just like my nano). The air's a different animal altogether, but it does share something in common with the nano: economy. Both take care of me with small amounts of material. The difference, as noted above, is how many hits it takes to get what you want out of your load. I regularly have two multi hit sessions (at different temps) out of one loosely packed air stem. I don't session with my nano. I do a hit and move on, and come back once or twice more for subsequent hits. So one stem of each will get me through a typical evening. Pretty equal efficiency.

Top Bottom