lazylathe

Almost there...
I've been mixing it up.

Some loads whole nugs.
Some loads medium grind. (glass daisy screen)

6.5 - 7.0

Getting some new glass for this thing as well.
My glass works well however I get bored.

What strain are you vaporizing?

I have a few however the WHITE WIDOW taste amazing in the NANO!

Originally I had this strain in the early 90's at a coffee shop in HOLLAND.

Never had White Widow... Will have to try and get a hold of some and try it out!

At the moment i am vaping some MadShack from Sannies Seeds.
Very nice and smooth, heading into month 7 of curing and it just keeps getting better!
Another favourite of mine is Killing Fields, great tatse and heavy hitting!

lazylathe,
Reactions: ataxian

z9

I reserve whole nugs for special occasions because the flavor is so much sweeter and I use so much more bug when using whole nugs. I use a relatively fine grind and load my gong without packing the bud down and I don't use a top screen. I can rip on it and still milk up my glass, its great!

Its funny I'm beginning to look at new glass too, but I need to thin out my very modest collection first. I have a showerhead, reverse showerhead/cup, and a stemline now. I'm looking at getting something with a honeycomb or fritted disc, possibly a sprinkler... I just like the way they look.

z9,

z9

A little afternoon whip action with the Nano while doing some homework :tup:

sFU3RHe.jpg

TheRamblingSoul

Sooooo, my GonG got a crack in it. :( Would it be safe to use if I run it through my carbon filter and bubbler? I doubt any potential glass fragments would get through all of that, right?

In any case, I was planning on replacing it with an all-glass GonG anyways. Still a bummer, though, especially after getting it so recently.

[e]: Technically, I've still also got the all-glass direct draw stem as well. Is there a way to jerry rig it for use with my bubbler, thereby avoiding the glass fragment issue entirely?

TheRamblingSoul,

2 Paces

Technically, I've still also got the all-glass direct draw stem as well. Is there a way to jerry rig it for use with my bubbler, thereby avoiding the glass fragment issue entirely?

Do you have any silicone tubing? The 3/8" ID tubing I have will fit over the end of the stem, and into a female 14mm fitting.

It isn't as pretty, but it works...

2 Paces,

lazylathe

Almost there...
Sooooo, my GonG got a crack in it. :( Would it be safe to use if I run it through my carbon filter and bubbler? I doubt any potential glass fragments would get through all of that, right?

In any case, I was planning on replacing it with an all-glass GonG anyways. Still a bummer, though, especially after getting it so recently.

[e]: Technically, I've still also got the all-glass direct draw stem as well. Is there a way to jerry rig it for use with my bubbler, thereby avoiding the glass fragment issue entirely?

Could you explain the use of the carbon filter?
Carbon is used to clean and purify air or water.
My thinking is that some of the active ingredients would be caught in the carbon matrix and not be released.
Do you have a pic of your set up?

lazylathe,

z9

Could you explain the use of the carbon filter?
Carbon is used to clean and purify air or water.
My thinking is that some of the active ingredients would be caught in the carbon matrix and not be released.
Do you have a pic of your set up?

Its basically a glass adapter with a pinch or bulb to hold the activated carbon. I've used it for combustion but never for vapor, it always seemed to make the smoke less harsh, and IMO it isnt worth it but I did use it often. The carbon absorbs a negligible amount of actives, but water does too. Unless you use one that uses a disc of carbon like the ROOR carbon adapter they're a huge pain in the ass.

If the chunks of activated carbon aren't thoroughly washed before use you risk inhaling carbon particles and we all know how black lung is caused.... This never stopped me from using it and im NOT saying this would directly cause it or anything, I'm just pointing it out. If they aren't dry the vapor/smoke will travel around the carbon instead of through it which defeats the purpose. They add drag and its just something else to clean/break. It might be good for dabbing.

Last edited:

alexwallis

Hi all,
finally got around to putting a screen in my all glass stem from the packet Andy sent me.
Wow it has made a real difference, I now get no particles at all coming up the stem, and I used to get about half my load come up.
I think the glass stem should be redesigned with a finer holed screen.
I am also thinking of putting one of those screens in my ordinary pinch stem, as I do sometimes get a few small particles coming up that stem, would the screens from Andy fit the pinch stem?

alexwallis,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hi all,
finally got around to putting a screen in my all glass stem from the packet Andy sent me.
Wow it has made a real difference, I now get no particles at all coming up the stem, and I used to get about half my load come up.
I think the glass stem should be redesigned with a finer holed screen.
I am also thinking of putting one of those screens in my ordinary pinch stem, as I do sometimes get a few small particles coming up that stem, would the screens from Andy fit the pinch stem?
I don't use screens!

Loading whole nuggets works fine.
No grinding!

luvdavape

alexwallis The screen is actually meant for the pinched stem.
That's why we call the stem with the glass screen the all glass stem.
You can use the screen with the all glass if you need (grinding) but it's really not needed if you use just a nug. Give a slight stir (not much) after the first hit or two. You do not need to stir much just a poke and you're good.
Following this method will give you the best flavor and you shouldn't have a problem with particulate material getting through. And you will extract, oh yeah.

Vape on...

luvdavape,

TheRamblingSoul

Loading good nugs through a really good water path and ice is so ridiculously awesome. Thank you again, E-Nano! :tup:

[e]: Any tips on "milking" with the E-Nano? I seem to just get an airy vapor in my Big Mona at 7.5, nothing like the thick white vapor clouds with BigDaddyVapor on Youtube

I know it's a different brand, but how would one milk an E-Nano?

TheRamblingSoul,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Loading good nugs through a really good water path and ice is so ridiculously awesome. Thank you again, E-Nano! :tup:

[e]: Any tips on "milking" with the E-Nano? I seem to just get an airy vapor in my Big Mona at 7.5, nothing like the thick white vapor clouds with BigDaddyVapor on Youtube

I know it's a different brand, but how would one milk an E-Nano?
OK that's it time to break out my water tool's!

Love your water pipe!

TheRamblingSoul

OK that's it time to break out my water tool's!

Love your water pipe!

Thanks dude! Here's the pics and videos I posted on the Leviathan glass thread. I'll post a milking video with the E-Nano tomorrow (perhaps), considering I think I literally figured it out just now (ie leave it on 7.5 for a while then let it roast the nugs basically).

URDUuAp.jpg

iOUr0nq.jpg

VttYCci.jpg

sGJeUFU.jpg

m8U919h.jpg

fxR7qYI.jpg

MMbvrgw.jpg

L9LOzbH.jpg

W9fTN2P.jpg

Imgur Album: LINK

Unboxing Video

First Impressions

Water Test Link

TheRamblingSoul,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Thanks dude! Here's the pics and videos I posted on the Leviathan glass thread. I'll post a milking video with the E-Nano tomorrow (perhaps), considering I think I literally figured it out just now (ie leave it on 7.5 for a while then let it roast the nugs basically).
7.5 is my setting for nugs.

I like the water path of your water pipe.

I use ash catchers and sherlocks however I need a water pipe!

ataxian,

z9

From my experience nugs never produce the clouds that ground bud does. Let the entire nano heat up before use if you want the biggest clouds. It works best when the entire air path is heated.

z9,
Reactions: Vaponly

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
From my experience nugs never produce the clouds that ground bud does. Let the entire nano heat up before use if you want the biggest clouds. It works best when the entire air path is heated.
We all have different needs.

I like the pure flavor of a whole nug. (not to tight)
Grind I do sometimes as well.

The WHITE WIDOW in a NUGGET format in a NANO is pretty much LUXURY!

Grind = even temperature profile.
NUG = temperature variation profile.

Effects are experienced at various levels not just one.

Whatever works best in your situation!

ataxian,

z9

We all have different needs.

I like the pure flavor of a whole nug. (not to tight)
Grind I do sometimes as well.

The WHITE WIDOW in a NUGGET format in a NANO is pretty much LUXURY!

Grind = even temperature profile.
NUG = temperature variation profile.

Effects are experienced at various levels not just one.

Whatever works best in your situation!

I never said that ground bud was superior, TheRamblingSoul asked about milking the Nano, nothing about flavor or anything. You're misinterpreting what I said Ataxian, I rushed to type that at the end of my shift and left out my quote and shit; the mobile site never seems to work quite right for me but I digress. What I was trying to say is that the Nano will milk that Big Mona with ground bud better than unground. I love using the Nano with whole nugs, the sweet flavor is amazing and the high is different; never use a water path this way. My weed just seems to go so much farther when I grind, saving money is more important to me than flavor. But I still vape whole buds on a weekly basis.

z9,
Reactions: ogcook

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Hola FC :)
Finally USPS got the right address. Package was supposed to arrived the 9/9.
I was going out for dinner with wife, and there it was, in the front porch, in the ground :) my belated package, after 12 days late :(
Thanks Andy for the fast reply and sending me what I asked for. Really appreciated. I can't wait to come back home and awake the "kraken". It's been dormant for like 2 weeks.
My Solos are keeping me peaceful but the Nano beats anything flavor wise at the moment for me.
It's amazing how well you can differentiate strains with the help of the Nano.
I grind 3 strains separately, Cin-X, Chem Dog and Master Kush.
Place them separate in a plate. Leave and forget about them for a time.
Come back and randomly pick a strain. Test and have fun. Guess the strain hunt is one of my favorite games during vaping.
The Nano really excel and makes it easy to taste strains.
Really pleased with my Nano and Andy customer service and manufacturing.
And special thanks to all FC members that help to make healthy choices all the time and contribute here.
Stay vaped my friends ...
:)

Photo of a mix of ABV,
Nano and Solo
ei75LcsOJ4

So nice to be back.
I guess in the first try, Cin-X ... :)
So easy. Perfect dessert for a happy Saturday night. Here's a shot of my setting from 5 to 6 dial @ataxian @ACE OF VAPE and all FC

ejQYlEMOIv

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Click on the pic and look under the add to cart button. It says they are out of stock and has said that for a few weeks.

Contact Andy and ask what he has available.
http://www.epicvape.com/index.php?route=information/contact

On another topic, that is why the two posts to prevent this being lost.

I went to a friends place last night, he has had my Nano for a while now.
I am going to be putting a resistor based vape together for him, more info here:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/log-vape-resistors.10880/

Usually my Nano is kept in pristine condition, i wax and protect it weekly.
Since i only used it at night, it never really got handled a lot and stayed looking good for a long time.
Since my friend has had it and it is on almost 24/7, it has seen some hard use and has kept up with the demands during the day.

I left my friend with my Pinnacle for a day to take the Nano home for some TLC!!
A while ago i bought some Clapham's natural polish for our wooden kitchen bowls etc...
It is a natural, edible product that contains only beeswax, carnauba and mineral oil.

http://claphams.com

I turn the Nano onto 7 and let it warm up for an hour.
Then i paint on the polish with a brush, this allows me to get into the rings around the top.
Leave it on for a long time and reapply on the end grain as it dries out.

After a few hours i will rub of the excess with a soft cloth and polish it up for a while.
The lustre it brings out in the wood is amazing!
And it smells very slightly of beeswax while warming up!

Here she is in all her glory!
Ready to be dropped off at my friends place again for another week of heavy use!

2013-09-22091600_zps209892a3.jpg

And a close up

2013-09-22091611_zps0a221cd4.jpg

mod note: Edit your post. Back to back posting is not allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:

z9

On another topic, that is why the two posts to prevent this being lost.

I went to a friends place last night, he has had my Nano for a while now.
I am going to be putting a resistor based vape together for him, more info here:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/log-vape-resistors.10880/

Usually my Nano is kept in pristine condition, i wax and protect it weekly.
Since i only used it at night, it never really got handled a lot and stayed looking good for a long time.
Since my friend has had it and it is on almost 24/7, it has seen some hard use and has kept up with the demands during the day.

I left my friend with my Pinnacle for a day to take the Nano home for some TLC!!
A while ago i bought some Clapham's natural polish for our wooden kitchen bowls etc...
It is a natural, edible product that contains only beeswax, carnauba and mineral oil.

http://claphams.com

I turn the Nano onto 7 and let it warm up for an hour.
Then i paint on the polish with a brush, this allows me to get into the rings around the top.
Leave it on for a long time and reapply on the end grain as it dries out.

After a few hours i will rub of the excess with a soft cloth and polish it up for a while.
The lustre it brings out in the wood is amazing!
And it smells very slightly of beeswax while warming up!

Here she is in all her glory!
Ready to be dropped off at my friends place again for another week of heavy use!

2013-09-22091600_zps209892a3.jpg

And a close up

2013-09-22091611_zps0a221cd4.jpg

That really does make the wood look gorgeous; I've been wanting to do this since I got my Nano but just haven't gotten around to it. I would have loved to see that wood in person prior to applying the butter.

Thanks for the inspiration LazyLathe! I'm going buy some of Ed's Bomb Ass Butter for my Nano NOW.

Top Bottom