Vapor Trails

No worries, guys. In all honesty the only thing I will probably be saying in a few days is "This thing is awesome!", and "Im a jerk" ;)
I'll probably even buy a 2nd one in Maple Burl for my den if the quality (product and vapor) is as good as I hope it will be. The only toughy that kept me from getting a higher up models during the sale is the accessories in the higher up kits weren't discounted either (which really goes against the sale since we know for fact the accessories are supposed to be discounted), and so the tray wouldn't have been discounted, nor the other options. If the code would somehow apply to the accessories in the higher up kits I would have definitely gone all out, but I'm assuming the database is not configured to sort pieces out from a kit and then discount them.

ADVERTISING, ringing up products incorrectly, and justifying the meaning of the asterisk:
An asterisk does not spell out "Some things aren't on sale" along with "Everything", and keep in mind, the accessories aren't on sale with a single kit besides the cheapest and the full sale is revoked for additional accessories if you try to get them with anything but the lowest end kits. That asterisk doesn't just mean "Nano", but the whole kit is excluded (accessories, and you'll have to try to order the out of stock tray for $4.99 above any kit). Even if trying to justify this by their homepage asteriskified "*Nano", the accessories within the kits not being discounted still makes the listing incorrect, and it does not refer to entire kits, but only the device, because a GonG, stem or tray in a kit is not a "Nano". Buying a higher up E-Nano at this very moment will charge you full price for your accessories. You cant even get the accessories outside of the kit discounted with a higher up model sitting in the cart. You still have to pay full price in that case, because the code is going to be revoked for everything your order. Youll have to make 2 transactions.

A car lot can't justify themselves after advertising "Everything's on sale!", put an asterisk next to every model car in the listing, and flood people into the dealership only to sell Keychains and 1 model car with the explanation "It's our accessories and only one model car, but we used the word 'Everything' as well, because...ummm...". What could they say to logically somehow change the meaning of the word "Everything" into "Some things", and then tell you your car won't be discounted if you buy floor mats (yes, vehicles like BMW consider floor mats an add on)?

If a company makes an error in ringing up an item, I have only ever known of them to honor it, and certainly smaller businesses. See, I was rung up incorrectly for a high end model with the 20% off hovering above screen and the code applied the first time and not honored. A decent scenario of all I have seen in customer service in my life, and expected in any business, is a friend of mine that works for a pharmacy. Every week they have a sale. Not only does the company have to honor a misprint (which you guys pointed out there is not due to the asterisk next to the "Nano"), but even if a company has covered all bases in fine print, the business is still required to honor a sale if a cash register rings the price of the product incorrectly, and rings up an old sale price. So when a day goes past a sale and a coupon still works, they honor it every time. That is what I am used to from Mom & Pop shops to big business, and what happened here is I was rung up, applied discount successfully, and ran an errand. So anyone that placed a kit at that time got what they placed in the cart discounted, but I didnt even get offered free shipping (yes, i realize there is the free shipping code) for the error. I got back, and then my order was suddenly not discounted, but revoked when refreshed before hitting order, and suddenly the red warning stating it isn't discounted anymore, because they changed the settings on the discount while I was gone. Well, I had no idea the sale wasn't for high up products, and so that's why I applied the code, and it woupdated have worked if I would have just clicked order. When I emailed them about the code not working, they still would not honor it. This along with stacking the money of the accessories amounting a total of an overpriced S&B product, and of course the accessories even at this very moment are in fact not discounted when buying any model besides the lowest. I guess if I wasn't used to better service, and if I were not in business for myself, I don't think I would be so outspoken, but I know customer service very well, and I believe if anyone here were at Walgreens and carried an expired Barcode that worked for a $3 bottle of face wash, you'd flip if they wouldn't even honor what the register rung up and charged you $1 more, out of principle, not the cost. Now, imagine $280+, the coupon working, and then being denied even discounting the accessories chosen. You would have to pay them $4.99 more for a tray outside of the order that would not even be delivered with the device, and also will not get 20% off of the $10 add on glass screened stem or any accessory chosen within the higher up kits. Maybe they will get their database straightened out so somehow they can discount all accessories within an order except the main device if it is a Premium or higher, but as of now their database is not even functioning in a manner to make the advertisement legitimate (IE no accessories within a kit).

Last edited:
Vapor Trails,

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
No worries, guys. In all honesty the only thing I will probably be saying in a few days is "This thing is awesome!", and "Im a jerk" ;)
I'll probably even buy a 2nd one in Maple Burl for my den if the quality (product and vapor) is as good as I hope it will be. The only toughy that kept me from getting a higher up models during the sale is the accessories in the higher up kits weren't discounted either (which really goes against the sale since we know for fact the accessories are supposed to be discounted), and so the tray wouldn't have been discounted, nor the other options. If the code would somehow apply to the accessories in the higher up kits I would have definitely gone all out, but I'm assuming the database is not configured to sort pieces out from a kit and then discount them.

ADVERTISING, ringing up products incorrectly, and justifying the meaning of the asterisk:
An asterisk does not spell out "Some things aren't on sale" along with "Everything", and keep in mind, the accessories aren't on sale with a single kit besides the cheapest and the full sale is revoked for additional accessories if you try to get them with anything but the lowest end kits. That asterisk doesn't just mean "Nano", but the whole kit is excluded (accessories, and you'll have to try to order the out of stock tray for $4.99 above any kit). Even if trying to justify this by their homepage asteriskified "*Nano", the accessories within the kits not being discounted still makes the listing incorrect, and it does not refer to entire kits, but only the device, because a GonG, stem or tray in a kit is not a "Nano". Buying a higher up E-Nano at this very moment will charge you full price for your accessories. You cant even get the accessories outside of the kit discounted with a higher up model sitting in the cart. You still have to pay full price in that case, because the code is going to be revoked for everything your order. Youll have to make 2 transactions.

A car lot can't justify themselves after advertising "Everything's on sale!", put an asterisk next to every model car in the listing, and flood people into the dealership only to sell Keychains and 1 model car with the explanation "It's our accessories and only one model car, but we used the word 'Everything' as well, because...ummm...". What could they say to logically somehow change the meaning of the word "Everything" into "Some things", and then tell you your car won't be discounted if you buy floor mats (yes, vehicles like BMW consider floor mats an add on)?

If a company makes an error in ringing up an item, I have only ever known of them to honor it, and certainly smaller businesses. See, I was rung up incorrectly for a high end model with the 20% off hovering above screen and the code applied the first time and not honored. A decent scenario of all I have seen in customer service in my life, and expected in any business, is a friend of mine that works for a pharmacy. Every week they have a sale. Not only does the company have to honor a misprint (which you guys pointed out there is not due to the asterisk next to the "Nano"), but even if a company has covered all bases in fine print, the business is still required to honor a sale if a cash register rings the price of the product incorrectly, and rings up an old sale price. So when a day goes past a sale and a coupon still works, they honor it every time. That is what I am used to from Mom & Pop shops to big business, and what happened here is I was rung up, applied discount successfully, ran an errand, hit refresh on the order when I got back, and then my order was revoked, and of course the accessories even at this very moment are in fact not discounted when buying any model besides the lowest. I guess if I wasn't used to better service, and if I were not in business for myself, I don't think I would be so outspoken, but I know customer service very well, and I believe if anyone here were at Walgreens and carried an expired Barcode that worked for a $3 bottle of face wash, you'd flip if they wouldn't even honor what the register rung up and charged you $1 more, out of principle, not the cost. Now, imagine $280+, the coupon working, and then being denied even discounting the accessories chosen. You would have to pay them $4.99 more for a tray outside of the order that would not even be delivered with the device, and also will not get 20% off of the $10 add on glass screened stem. Maybe they will get their database straightened out so somehow they can discount all accessories within an order except the main device if it is a Premium or higher, but as of now their database is not even functioning in a manner to make the advertisement legitimate (IE no accessories within a kit).
Your car dealership straw man argument involves intent, which changes legality completely.

Epic Vape is a two person operation. I doubt Andy has much to do with the website, it's probably outsourced. It is a holiday weekend as noted and you should expect a little delay with small companies.

If you had contacted him politely and respectfully, and most importantly, given him an appropriate amount of time to respond, I think you would have been satisfied to begin with and would have never needed to post in here.

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here but it's hard when you keep implying that something shady is going on when that's not the case at all.

It's a shame because this is the first real negativity I've seen in this thread in over a year of following it, and all because Andy tried to do something nice and have a sale. :ugh:

Clickz

If a company makes an error in ringing up an item, I have only ever known of them to honor it, and certainly smaller businesses. See, I was rung up incorrectly for a high end model with the 20% off hovering above screen and the code applied the first time and not honored. A decent scenario of all I have seen in customer service in my life, and expected in any business, is a friend of mine that works for a pharmacy. Every week they have a sale. Not only does the company have to honor a misprint (which you guys pointed out there is not due to the asterisk next to the "Nano"), but even if a company has covered all bases in fine print, the business is still required to honor a sale if a cash register rings the price of the product incorrectly, and rings up an old sale price. So when a day goes past a sale and a coupon still works, they honor it every time. That is what I am used to from Mom & Pop shops to big business, and what happened here is I was rung up, applied discount successfully, ran an errand, hit refresh on the order when I got back, and then my order was revoked, and of course the accessories even at this very moment are in fact not discounted when buying any model besides the lowest. I guess if I wasn't used to better service, and if I were not in business for myself, I don't think I would be so outspoken, but I know customer service very well, and I believe if anyone here were at Walgreens and carried an expired Barcode that worked for a $3 bottle of face wash, you'd flip if they wouldn't even honor what the register rung up and charged you $1 more, out of principle, not the cost. Now, imagine $280+, the coupon working, and then being denied even discounting the accessories chosen. You would have to pay them $4.99 more for a tray outside of the order that would not even be delivered with the device, and also will not get 20% off of the $10 add on glass screened stem. Maybe they will get their database straightened out so somehow they can discount all accessories within an order except the main device if it is a Premium or higher, but as of now their database is not even functioning in a manner to make the advertisement legitimate (IE no accessories within a kit).

While I do agree with some of the things you said, you have to also take account that marketing has taken a huge shift in the last 15 years. Online marketing being the largest growing market in the world, has changed the most.

I specialize in online business and advertising online - those asterisks, while not something many of us like seeing, has to be done. Marketing nowadays is fast and explosive; you tell people the gist (not always the full story) in exchange for their click. They explain the ad well on their site, and in the past. I do agree with you that their top bar ad is a little misleading, but it's nothing out of the ordinary either.

Switching from combusing to vaping is going to cost you money. You're getting a high end piece out the door, too. You have to expect to spend some money here: that's why I think most of us are telling you not to worry about a few bucks.

We get that it's the principle that matters, but EpicVape has been a solid company with solid customer service. They made a mistake, and while it might feel like you're getting the blunt end of the stick, it's not a big deal at the end of the day. Keep calm, vape on, eh?

Trust me, I rarely see companies getting talked up online - especially when it comes to customer service. I'm sure you know all too well about that yourself. This company is solid, they made a small mistake, and they're even giving replies on a holiday weekend. It's an A+ in my book, just chalk it up as a mistake.

FreddieFresh

I also think they would have been more than happy to fix the accessory issue with the exotics if you had just contacted them instead of taking to the forums. I've alerted them of mistakes on the site before, and they were quick to correct them, and thankful to be alerted of them. They're a small business and mistakes happen, but they have good cs nonetheless. I would prefer not to see the good vibes of this thread sullied, either

Vapor Trails

Your car dealership straw man argument involves intent, which changes legality completely.

Epic Vape is a two person operation. I doubt Andy has much to do with the website, it's probably outsourced. It is a holiday weekend as noted and you should expect a little delay with small companies.

If you had contacted him politely and respectfully, and most importantly, given him an appropriate amount of time to respond, I think you would have been satisfied to begin with and would have never needed to post in here.

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here but it's hard when you keep implying that something shady is going on when that's not the case at all.

It's a shame because this is the first real negativity I've seen in this thread in over a year of following it, and all because Andy tried to do something nice and have a sale. :ugh:

They were contacted politely and respectfully with the simple question of why the code was now revoked. Im not sure how that can be rude. So you feel they should honor the price I was originally shown as well for contacting them politely? I wish that were the case.

Vapor Trails,

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
They were contacted politely and respectfully with the simple question of why the code was now revoked. Im not sure how that can be rude. So you feel they should honor the price I was originally shown as well for contacting them politely? I wish that were the case.
I'm not going to comment on the matter further.

I hope you get your situation resolved. I think it's a great vape and this is a great thread, and I'd like to see every potential customer happy. Positive vibes are always helpful, negativity rarely is.

Best wishes. :) :peace: :leaf:

Radiocitysuicide

I want to talk about the sale too...but only to say that it pushed me over the edge and I decided jump on the enano bandwagon even though I'm on a break now.

I love the way they look and I'm hoping to cut down my consumption a bit. I hope I don't struggle with the technique because a Mighty has been my daily driver to this point and that's relatively fool proof.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I want to talk about the sale too...but only to say that it pushed me over the edge and I decided jump on the enano bandwagon even though I'm on a break now.

I love the way they look and I'm hoping to cut down my consumption a bit. I hope I don't struggle with the technique because a Mighty has been my daily driver to this point and that's relatively fool proof.
Welcome to the nano family! You're gonna love it.

I don't know how much you need in a Mighty, but the nano gives you a lot of vapor with very little herb. I think the VaporCritic said it best in his review, "This thing can vape a crumb!"

I've got some nice concentrate in my nano stem for the holiday. How about everyone else, what are you enjoying in your nano tonight?

I am vaping some freshly ground Cheese right now. I don't taste the cheese, but it has great effects. During the day I was vaping some GSC through it.

al bundy

Vaporist
When I try to order an adjustable stem
Fixed stem and stash jar and try to use
"LaborDay20"
Says not valid for sale items.
Is this only for tomorrow?

Still getting same message

Not good on sale items

So does the LaborDay20 still or ever work??

al bundy,

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Are third party stems worth the investment? It seems the glass stems all break inevitably is there a reason people don't use wood stems?
A lot of people just like glass. It has a pure taste and is easy to clean. The nano stems are nice and thick, and durable as far as glass goes, especially the adjustable stems and GonGs.

I'd like to get a wood stem for my nano eventually, more for aesthetics than any other reason. The durability will be a nice bonus, it will be the ultimate backup.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Folks use wooden stems with the Enano. We have an FCer @Ed's TnT who makes some awesome stems for this vaporizer and many more. I have wooden stems for few of my other vaporizers. Eventually I will probably get one for the nano too.

Is VAS calling my name? I do like an all glass air path but like wood once and a while too. I use wood with my garden vaporizer a portable that I use outside.

I have some Diamond OG in my nano tonight and a sparkling clean stem.:leaf:;pd;

Edit
Again an awesome company that stands behind their products and wonderful service for the customer.:tup:

Last edited:

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
I don't know why there are other issues with the discount. Those are the limitations of woo-commerce and of me I guess. I'm not an IT guy. The idea was everything should be on sale except the premiums and exotics. We have a policy of resolving all issues in the customers favor or we issue a complete refund.
We have always guaranteed 100% satisfaction with our products and I'm sure you will be happy as well or we'll gladly issue you a refund.
Still getting same message

Not good on sale items

So does the LaborDay20 still or ever work??
The problem seems to be if you put a sale item in the cart- woo-commerce rejects the whole sale. Next time I need to take the sale items off sale first. PM Carisa so we can help you out.

Vapor Trails

I am sorry yall. No excuse, and embarrassing to admit but I am trying to get off of a medication, and I don't realize how I'm acting sometimes until days later. Well, I feel like absolute hell for it, and very ashamed.

Anyhow I am going to apologize and contact the manufacturer, and do what I should've, which is simply help. I'm sure if I explained I was fine with paying full price for the device if they would discount the accessories with it, they would have. Really, the only thing I think is most important is just to give the Web admin a heads up to keep the Nano with Asterisk on the banner. That way if someone has already been on their site and when entering the url it brings up the vape url in the dropdown and the person enters the vape section, bypassing the home screen with the Asterisk next to nano, no one can say they didn't see it. Honest, that is what happened and my browser took me directly to the vape page, but it doesn't mean I deserve the sale price it entered in my cart if I didn't checkout when it was functioning, and it is not their fault that my browser bypassed their homepage. I'm the biggest jerk in the world right now trying to finish getting off of this last bit of medication. So sorry yall. I wouldn't even want to speak to me if I met myself recently.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I am sorry yall. No excuse, and embarrassing to admit but I am trying to get off of a medication, and I don't realize how I'm acting sometimes until days later. Well, I feel like absolute hell for it, and very ashamed.

Anyhow I am going to apologize and contact the manufacturer, and do what I should've, which is simply help. I'm sure if I explained I was fine with paying full price for the device if they would discount the accessories with it, they would have. Really, the only thing I think is most important is just to give the Web admin a heads up to keep the Nano with Asterisk on the banner. That way if someone has already been on their site and when entering the url it brings up the vape url in the dropdown and the person enters the vape section, bypassing the home screen with the Asterisk next to nano, no one can say they didn't see it. Honest, that is what happened and my browser took me directly to the vape page, but it doesn't mean I deserve the sale price it entered in my cart if I didn't checkout when it was functioning, and it is not their fault that my browser bypassed their homepage. I'm the biggest jerk in the world right now trying to finish getting off of this last bit of medication. So sorry yall. I wouldn't even want to speak to me if I met myself recently.
Don't be too hard on yourself. You made a mistake. There were mistakes made with the sale too. It's best to just forgive mistakes and move on, especially your own mistakes. It took me a long time to learn that lesson.

Sorry to hear about your troubles getting off that medication. There's a lot of helpful supportive threads on FC, especially in the medical discussion section and vaporization discussion section. You might find some good advice there.

I hope things start to go better for you. It looks like Andy will take care of you like we expected. It just takes a little patience sometimes. Unfortunately that's not always easy with the obstacles life throws our way, so I understand. Hang in there, hopefully soon you will have a nano. :) :peace:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

Don't worry about how you might appear?
Many here have a medical reason to be here!!
Some are recreation?

I'm medical so I understand as I'm sure many do?
Medication can affect our moods.
When we reduce or replace them CANNABIS is the best way to do so.

Welcome to NANO COUNTRY = CIVILIZED = CANNABIS = LOGICAL

You're in good company!

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I just got in a custom carbed GonG from JoDa to use with my recycler that JoDa and Coojo made. The marble accents are BluV and glow under UV light.

Thanks again @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd, I couldn't be more happy with my purchase!

YysG85O.jpg

Tfjsdng.jpg

g6KhDFa.jpg

IYHA2DD.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom