The Stranger

Account Closed
I'm starting to get a little nervous.
I know @ACE OF VAPE has us covered but if my cherished Golden Amboyna cracks all the way through I literally will brake out in tears.
r4KEGxc.jpg

Here's a better pic no flash.

pwQ4xAQ.jpg

I sure have become quite attached to this little piece of wood.
As of now the cracks just add character if it cracks and still works I think I'll keep her.
As long as it doesn't crack and fall off in pieces, if it was mine, I'd keep it. Definitely gives more character. Especially since it's custom wood.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I know this is a convection vape but it always confused me because you can feel the heat coming out of the core so I figured it would keep cooking if anything that was left on.
That's called radiative heat! And thankfully, it's not strong enough to vape the herb when it's heat soaking.
Although, I have heat soaked for 20-30 mins by accident and saw a little pewf of vapor plop out. Just a bit. Not sure if that was radiative heat or conduction from the hot as fk glass. Either way, I ripped that, and got a massive cloud of course.

I like to blow at my heater for 1-2 seconds because hot air rises and I imagine during the heat soak some hot air gets stale at the top of the heater, and I always like to give a tiny blow before starting my draw. Provides amazing result.

If you've gone a while without a hit and your nano is hot, give a nice 2 second soft blow to the heater and surrounding area. Makes for a nice sesh.

The Stranger

Account Closed
That's called radiative heat! And thankfully, it's not strong enough to vape the herb when it's heat soaking.
Although, I have heat soaked for 20-30 mins by accident and saw a little pewf of vapor plop out. Just a bit. Not sure if that was radiative heat or conduction from the hot as fk glass. Either way, I ripped that, and got a massive cloud of course.

I like to blow at my heater for 1-2 seconds because hot air rises and I imagine during the heat soak some hot air gets stale at the top of the heater, and I always like to give a tiny blow before starting my draw. Provides amazing result.

If you've gone a while without a hit and your nano is hot, give a nice 2 second soft blow to the heater and surrounding area. Makes for a nice sesh.
Aaah I knew there was probably an actual word for it.

So when you say blow on your heater after the soak, are you saying take the stem off and blow on it or are you blowing through the stem into the heater?

AJS

Calm Consistency
I'll heat soak for 10-15 seconds, remove, blow into the nano for a sec or 2, place back on for a few secs, and do my hit.
This is really nice when you find your nano isn't running super consistent due to ambient air temperatures or other variables.
I've just noticed a consistency to it...which a lot of nano lovers are after.

It just seems like that hot air would burst too much at first, and would cause a browning that would make the vape thin faster than if I got rid of that ambient hot air.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm starting to get a little nervous.
I know @ACE OF VAPE has us covered but if my cherished Golden Amboyna cracks all the way through I literally will brake out in tears.
r4KEGxc.jpg

Here's a better pic no flash.

pwQ4xAQ.jpg

I sure have become quite attached to this little piece of wood.
As of now the cracks just add character if it cracks and still works I think I'll keep her.
Let me chime in!

Get some two part epoxy and fill the cracks.

Sand any residule.
Rub with polish.

Some use bees wax.
I make a FRENCH POLISH usually.

You can use TUNG OIL if you want?

Let EPIC make their recommendations.

I have to finish PALE BLUE DOT by Carl Sagan. (This book is old but relevant)

SniperGuy

What's the best way to clean the actual enano itself? I got a little something on the screen at the end of the heating thing and want to get it off for certain.

SniperGuy,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Sand

Flirting with Combustion
What's the best way to clean the actual enano itself? I got a little something on the screen at the end of the heating thing and want to get it off for certain.
Get the unit to a slightly warm, but not vaping temp, then unplug. Take a cotton ball, cotton cloth (low or lint free), or even paper towel, moisten with isopropyl alcohol (but not dripping wet), and turn unit upside down. Then swap/wipe heater core/screen area with your cotton/iso until clean. being careful not to let the ISO hit the wood finish. If not visibly wet (which it shouldn't be at all), plug back in, set to 10 for a few minutes to let the remaining ISO evaporate, then lower/shut off. At least that's how I've been doing it. I've found since I need to do this less since I stopped overpacking, but YMMV. Peace.

SniperGuy

Does it void the warranty to take the little screen out of the end? I idly poked it with a straw to get something off of it, forgetting it was hot. I do not want to inhale any plastic.

Also I'm an idiot, sigh.

SniperGuy,

CalyxSmokr

Does it void the warranty to take the little screen out of the end? I idly poked it with a straw to get something off of it, forgetting it was hot. I do not want to inhale any plastic.

Also I'm an idiot, sigh.
leave it alone. stop
When it cools I would wipe it off and then run it a long time to burn off any plastic. Then wipe it again - and then start using again. Leave the screen alone. Just wipe it on the outside when the heater is cool.
AFAIK

CalyxSmokr,

SniperGuy

Yeah I've done the iso thing and I poked at the screen to remove the visible bits. Screen isn't as perfectly smooth anymore, sad. It's smelling a little when I've got it heated up but I don't know if that's the natural smell or not, having not sniffed it before. I can't see any reason it wouldn't be safe to use after a little while sitting at 10 though. Is there any way to take the screen out for cleaning? Or is that supposed to stay in there?

SniperGuy,

CalyxSmokr

Yeah I've done the iso thing and I poked at the screen to remove the visible bits. Screen isn't as perfectly smooth anymore, sad. It's smelling a little when I've got it heated up but I don't know if that's the natural smell or not, having not sniffed it before. I can't see any reason it wouldn't be safe to use after a little while sitting at 10 though. Is there any way to take the screen out for cleaning? Or is that supposed to stay in there?
I think the screen is part of the heating element and should not be removed

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The screen that's on top of the heater core doesn't need regular maintenance unless something gets burnt on top of if it by mistake (foreign object like plastic). In that case I would contact Andy. I've heard of folks having that kind of problem. I did read Andy suggesting to clean the screen on top of the heater core if something like that happens.

For the most part the glass mouthpiece is all that needs to be cleaned regularly. The outside conditioned with bees wax or coconut oil every couple months. The inside swiped out every six months. The screen on top of the heater core takes care of itself pretty well. Sometimes fiddling with something all the time will create more problems.

I've never felt the need to blow into the heater core screen very often. It gets hot enough that it stays debris free and clean IMO. Ease of maintenance is one of the things I like about this unit.

Read through Epicvape's suggestions for maintenance on their website.www.Epicvape.com
I saw that it's March Maple Madness at Epic. $20 dollars off of maple Enanos. Get ready for 4/20.

Last edited:

BoricOxide

So I'm getting ready to order my maple enano and I can't figure out the difference between the regular one and the premium one, other than the ten dollar difference?

I was caught on that part too. From what I could tell the only difference was the more expensive one comes with a borosilicate draw stem while I guess the other one comes with a standard glass stem.

max

Out to lunch
So I'm getting ready to order my maple enano and I can't figure out the difference between the regular one and the premium one, other than the ten dollar difference?
There is no difference in the pics, since it's the same unit in both. Pretty sure you're supposed to get a more interesting grain pattern with the premium, but it would help if you could see an example. I'm sure it's a mistake that the same unit is in both pics.
From what I could tell the only difference was the more expensive one comes with a borosilicate draw stem where I guess the other one would come with a standard glass stem.
Nope. Don't let the word Borosilicate in the premium maple description lead you astray. You get a standard wand with every unit, premium or not. Standard uses the basket screen, while the wand with the glass screen costs more. I've got both and I'd just as soon have the standard, since the holes in the glass screen are a little large for me. I've always used a stainless steel screen on top of the glass screen. Actually the pic of the wand with glass screen is a mistake too, since it shows the basket screen inside.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Aaah I knew there was probably an actual word for it.

So when you say blow on your heater after the soak, are you saying take the stem off and blow on it or are you blowing through the stem into the heater?

I'll heat soak for 10-15 seconds, remove, blow into the nano for a sec or 2, place back on for a few secs, and do my hit.
This is really nice when you find your nano isn't running super consistent due to ambient air temperatures or other variables.
I've just noticed a consistency to it...which a lot of nano lovers are after.

It just seems like that hot air would burst too much at first, and would cause a browning that would make the vape thin faster than if I got rid of that ambient hot air.

Just wanted to say that I leave my gong in the Enano all the time, always let them soak up the heat so I can take thicker cloudier hits, so I will leave mine on 7 but lower it to 6.5 as I fill my bubbler, then take it up to 7.2 for the second hit to finish off the bowl

thought it was common practice to leave the gong/stem in the Enano but I hope I am not doing something wrong ? been 4 months now with the Enano and its just amazing

AJS

Calm Consistency
Just wanted to say that I leave my gong in the Enano all the time, always let them soak up the heat so I can take thicker cloudier hits, so I will leave mine on 7 but lower it to 6.5 as I fill my bubbler, then take it up to 7.2 for the second hit to finish off the bowl

thought it was common practice to leave the gong/stem in the Enano but I hope I am not doing something wrong ? been 4 months now with the Enano and its just amazing
yeah I don't think that's necessarily normal but shouldn't harm anything, I have a friend that does that too. Just makes the glass super hot to touch and I sometimes like handling it after a pack. Idk, just preference.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Just did a bowl of that sandy, dirty green kief that tends to pile up in the bottom of my little go-to mason jar.

I kept hittin' and stirrin' and hittin' and stirrin'.

It was mush, mush, mush all the way, but the nano got me through.

Don't hate on this goat :goat: <--- This one right here.

Top Bottom