hd_rider

My plastic tube is getting cracked and brittle too. I have a couple enanos stems I haven't used yet, so I have a couple extra. A tall small green olive container would be a bit big it would work. You can use the ISO over again. Be careful with the glass on glass breakage factor.

I used to use the shipping tubes to clean my stems as well. That is, until they started cracking.

What I found works great are the brown plastic bottles that steak sauce come in, like A1 and others.

BeyondBottle_SteakSauce_00901654_n_lg.jpg

They are not too big so you don't have to keep so much ISO in them. And because they are plastic, you don't have to worry about that glass-on-glass breakage factor. And since they are brown and almost opaque, they prevent most light from entering, which I think protects your reclaim from being ruined from light exposure. These bottles are also much more durable than the shipping tubes; the cap seals tightly and you don't have to worry about the plastic cracking.

The idea came to me while the wife and I were at dinner one evening at a local steak house. I asked the waitress if there were any empty steak sauce bottles laying around. She said, "Sure, how many do you want?"

The Stranger

Account Closed
Well it's been a long 4 months of being completely clean. Last night I finally used my nano again and boy was it just as I remembered.
I warmed it up to 7 and feeling the warm wood for the first time again brought back nice memories and thoughts on its own. I packed a stem and let my girlfriend get the first hit since it was her first time using it. She sucked in slowly and ended up having a coughing fit. I figured it was because she inhaled too slow but after I took my hit, it was a lot hotter than I remembered. We finished the stem anyway. Not until later in the night did I remember that I liked temperature 5.25-5.75. I'm not sure why I thought 7. :ugh:
The first feelings of your cheek bones vibrating and a cheesy grin spread across my face was like coming home again.
So two of us, one little stem. And we were high as shit. I mean, I was having colorful visuals like a low acid trip high. Maybe 30 minutes later I took two more hits from a new stem but it lasted over 2 hours.

Every. Single. Time, I'm blown away by how high this thing gets you with such a small amount. It's been said over and over again, but with this new found 0 tolerance it really I s amazing. I'm going to try and keep my vaping to only weekends to keep this tolerance. I liked hearing her asking questions about it and wonder why "everyone just doesn't use one of those." What a good night the nano provided. :tup:

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
It's nice to see you back @flotntoke I've read enough of your posts to know you're not here to intentionally offend anyone. I like reading your stuff & seeing your enthusiasm for the nano.

Thanks, Man!! Anymore I come and go for months at a time. I get busy with shit and can't sit down to take the hours to catch up with all my favorite threads after that. But, you know how it is..... once I get caught up it's one of my first daily stops. Gotta love FC!! :love:

I used to use the shipping tubes to clean my stems as well. That is, until they started cracking.

What I found works great are the brown plastic bottles that steak sauce come in, like A1 and others.

BeyondBottle_SteakSauce_00901654_n_lg.jpg

They are not too big so you don't have to keep so much ISO in them. And because they are plastic, you don't have to worry about that glass-on-glass breakage factor. And since they are brown and almost opaque, they prevent most light from entering, which I think protects your reclaim from being ruined from light exposure. These bottles are also much more durable than the shipping tubes; the cap seals tightly and you don't have to worry about the plastic cracking.

The idea came to me while the wife and I were at dinner one evening at a local steak house. I asked the waitress if there were any empty steak sauce bottles laying around. She said, "Sure, how many do you want?"

This is GENIUS!!! For all the reasons you give, AND you can just leave your ISO in there and seal the lid, or easily dump back into an ISO bottle without even using a funnel. Just keep either under the sink in the dark to prevent light degradation, and avoid dumping some on your steak by mistake. Thanks @hd_rider !:tup:

Can't wait till I finish that half bottle of A1 I have so I can try it out. Looks like steak for dinner tonight. Double bonus!

Sand

Flirting with Combustion
Shipping confirmation for my enano arrived! Yay. I ordered a slide to glass converter from Toohotglass and it arrived broken. Plus, the "Slip on grommets" included are way too small for the thing. Anyone know how good their customer service is with this stuff? Shoulda just ordered one of those d-20whatevers you guys are talking about I guess. Thought I could save a few bucks.
This is why I was hesitant to say it would work for certain. Grab yourself a D020-D.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I'm happy to report that my E-Nano was the perfect fit for my soon-to-be-over 6 week trip. This is what I have left: just enough to get me through until my trip back. I think I'll eat my ABV again, on the day of travel. Its best to use all but the squeal, so to speak.
Final%20Bits.jpg

SniperGuy

It arrived! Only been using it for a few minutes now but it's great and heated up near instantly. Just using the stem so far. Gotta find a good solution for setting these things down without the herb falling out the end and me burning myself. There weren't any wooden stands for sale so I skipped a stand from enano direct, but considering something now.

CalyxSmokr

It arrived! Only been using it for a few minutes now but it's great and heated up near instantly. Just using the stem so far. Gotta find a good solution for setting these things down without the herb falling out the end and me burning myself. There weren't any wooden stands for sale so I skipped a stand from enano direct, but considering something now.
Yeah I wanted wood but ended up with the metal and it works great

Reflections

Congrats on your new Nano @SniperGuy . I usually vape mine when it is set at 6.5 or less. Some nanos run hotter or cooler than others..just have to play around with the dial. I also tamp my material down a lil bit so it doesnt fall out. Ed's Tnt makes wooden stems and stands for the nano. His thread is under Vapor Related Equipment.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
They can run different temps for sure. Use the dial as your own reference. I run on 8.
I live in an old house with a long run of funky wiring. When I go to a hotel I run 6.5 or 7.

I could never run mine higher than a 7. I start to get some charring at 7 if I vape too slowly. An 8 or higher would definitely cause combustion on my unit.

I imagine I would run it that hot for some concentrates.

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
Same house, was running fine @ 6.
Then I plugged it into a surge protector, now I'm needing 6.7 to get the same result. With the same herb, glass and same outlet to boot.

The wiring you are plugged into definitely changes where you need to set the dial on the unit.

Last edited:

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
@Dramma Lamma ive found the sweet spots for the two main plugs I use and the settings definitely need to be consistently changed. Same as you, same herb, same glass, can confirm. 6-6.5 in one room, 6.5-7 on the surge protector. I don't get concentrates very often but I've never needed to go over 8 for good clouds/great taste.

Thanks @Reflections

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped

Really easy to make something yourself out of wood, or clay (or play doh for that matter). It's rare I use the straight nano stem, but when I do I'm usually on nano 2 at my part time address. I just took a medium binder clip (like for holding papers together), put a big ass old screwdriver where I wanted a divot, and gave the handle a couple good whacks with a hammer. Took off the silver handles you use to squeeze it open when using it as intended, and voila - instant stem stand. It ain't the prettiest accessory, but looks ok in my book and works fine. You just need to get the load end up and make sure it isn't going to roll off.

Same house, was running fine @ 6.
Then I plugged it into a surge protector, now I'm needing 6.7 to get the same result. With the same herb, glass and same outlet to boot.

The wiring you are plugged into definitely changes where you need to set the dial on the unit.

Extension cords do the same thing. It's the nature of the nano direct AC power. We're adjusting very small amounts of electricity for dial settings, so if things are just a little off at the plug you'll probably notice it. When it is warmer out, I use mine on an AC inverter plugged into the car lighter socket. Have to go up almost two notches to get the same performance on there compared to straight into the wall on a good circuit at home. Always a good idea to tweak your dial setting when plugging in anywhere other than your normal spot. Just like other things in life. ;)

@Bongologist - I hadn't looked at your stuff for a while. Think last I saw the log log and alligator log were the only things available. You do some beautiful work!

Last edited:

Sand

Flirting with Combustion
I could never run mine higher than a 7. I start to get some charring at 7 if I vape too slowly. An 8 or higher would definitely cause combustion on my unit.

I imagine I would run it that hot for some concentrates.
So I'm curious, when you say "run over a 7" do you mean heat soaking the wood for the first hit, or second or third hit? On the first hit, I'd say that squares with my unit (I soak at 6.2-6.5 during day), over 7 and I risk combustion without minimal glass heat soak and fast inhale. However, for the second, and third, I can run up to 9-10, if I just stir and go immediately after finishing the first. Do others have this same experience? I go right back down to 6.5 when I'm done to get ready for the next session. I have combusted heat soaking the wood at over 7.5 (i believe) at around 80F (room temp, no drafts, fans, or AC) for at least a few hours. I mean really lit on fire, not just made black ABV. I don't really consider this a defect though, in and of itself. Certain strains and moisture levels, as well as concentrates (more so) need the higher heats. I was actually surprised, the biggest clouds I blew with my nano was not with the most resinous strain, but with some moist product I got. I definitely get "charring" though, all the time, if you mean some black ABV, even at 6.2 heat soak for initial hit.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
So I'm curious, when you say "run over a 7" do you mean heat soaking the wood for the first hit, or second or third hit? On the first hit, I'd say that squares with my unit (I soak at 6.2-6.5 during day), over 7 and I risk combustion without minimal glass heat soak and fast inhale. However, for the second, and third, I can run up to 9-10, if I just stir and go immediately after finishing the first. Do others have this same experience? I go right back down to 6.5 when I'm done to get ready for the next session. I have combusted heat soaking the wood at over 7.5 (i believe) at around 80F (room temp, no drafts, fans, or AC) for at least a few hours. I mean really lit on fire, not just made black ABV. I don't really consider this a defect though, in and of itself. Certain strains and moisture levels, as well as concentrates (more so) need the higher heats. I was actually surprised, the biggest clouds I blew with my nano was not with the most resinous strain, but with some moist product I got. I definitely get "charring" though, all the time, if you mean some black ABV, even at 6.2 heat soak for initial hit.

I think heat soaking typically refers to letting your glass warm while loaded. Leaving it on when you're not using it is just leaving it on. I try to remember to turn mine down to 5 when not in use and leaving it on, but usually don't remember - so it stays at my usual 6 - 6.5 until I get back to it. Only takes a couple minutes to get mine back up to 6.5 heat if it has been waiting for me on 5.

Where you're plugged in, your individual nano's performance, your material and personal preferences are going to determine where you set your dial. Just one of the reason's why nano is so great. Adjustable to your preferences and versatile right out of the box. IMO always a good idea to try a little higher and a little lower heat, even once you find your sweet spot. No way to know what you might be missing unless you try.

howie105

Recently I have been using broken up nugs in place of ground MJ for a change of pace. I like starting at a lower temperature around 5 and going up to a higher temperature (6.5-7) at the end. I like the low temperature taste and the full extraction at the higher end, but the paint has pretty much worn off the temperature dial so I am sort of guessing at those settings. That is one of the nice things about the Nano it can give us good performance across a broad band of variables (temperature an grinds) all we have to do is figure things out as we go.

Sand

Flirting with Combustion
I think heat soaking typically refers to letting your glass warm while loaded. Leaving it on when you're not using it is just leaving it on.
To clarify, I meant, after your first extraction, before second, letting the unit heat soak. I find that the amount of time after first extraction determines the proper temperature to use significantly. If I leave the unit for 30 minutes at 6.5, then extract a first hit, then immediately stir and go for the second, I can ramp the dial up to 10 without combusting.... I think I just need to get one of those temperature guns and do some experiments.
Edit for more clarification:
Likewise, If I do 1st hit at 6, stir greenest part to top, then do another hit at 6 "immediately" afterward, its clearly less hot. At first the 6 takes fresh green to a very dark brown. Second hit goes from golden/light green to a much lighter brown, and also doesn't extract nearly as much vapor as if I cranked it up to 7-7.5, even 7.8.

I suppose the crux of this is the lack of what ecig people call Temp Control. You of course learn to overcome this with skillful use of the dial. And even with TC, the ideal temp varies by strain/moisture /preference I'd imagine.

Last edited:

The Stranger

Account Closed
Recently I have been using broken up nugs in place of ground MJ for a change of pace. I like starting at a lower temperature around 5 and going up to a higher temperature (6.5-7) at the end. I like the low temperature taste and the full extraction at the higher end, but the paint has pretty much worn off the temperature dial so I am sort of guessing at those settings. That is one of the nice things about the Nano it can give us good performance across a broad band of variables (temperature an grinds) all we have to do is figure things out as we go.
How do you like broken up nugs compared to ground? I'm not sure if it'd be worth the hassle, to me, of flipping it vs just grinding and using @Ratchett 's still best vape accessory I've bought, scoop-n-stir. I should just try it huh?

Sand

Flirting with Combustion
How do you like broken up nugs compared to ground? I'm not sure if it'd be worth the hassle, to me, of flipping it vs just grinding and using @Ratchett 's still best vape accessory I've bought, scoop-n-stir. I should just try it huh?
Prior to getting my nano I had been 98% combustion for over 12 years. I usually prefered fine to medium grinds when combusting for that "lung buster" effect. I go medium or coarser grind currently because I only have a glass screen dry stem, and that thing sucks a lot of bits in, although I have a screen toward the mouthpiece end to stop ABV from getting into my mouth, it dirties the stem very quickly. Also, too fine of a grind seems to clog the screen quickly. I definitely like the look of everything Ratchett has made, and when I get some extra $'s will definitely order scoop n stir and the organizer.
One day I'll a .1 apart leaf by leaf and give it a whirl just for the heck of it. When I get my 14mm GonG stem from Ace, and a temp gauge I trust, I'm going to publish a very long and detailed comparison of the nano and UD. I'll be sure to try finger pulled nugs in that expository piece as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom