Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Samething i did monday and tuesday lmao. Seems like getting glass is the ultimate experience thou. Right now at 6.75 is great
Glass is great but I prefer the dry stem. Different strokes for different folks. The important thing is, the E-Nano can please almost anyone.

Edit: I should have really written Water instead of Glass. One of the great things about the nano in my opinion is the lack of plastic and the thick glass stems, fixed and adjustable. I honestly can't taste a difference between the two at lower temps, which is what I usually use when going for pure flavor. At higher temps I can taste stainless steel, but even up to 7.5 or so I personally can't taste a difference between the all glass fixed screen stem and the adjustable stainless steel screen stem.

Last edited:

Ganja J

Was like a kid again unwrapping the e-nano.
So far have only burned the bud once at 5.5 starting to wonder if the dimmer switch is inaccurate or maybe I'm hitting it for too long

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Was like a kid again unwrapping the e-nano. Currently practicing and appreciate if you guys could post your abv stash so I could see if I'm combusting or not.

The E-Nano was my first convection vaporizer. One thing I noticed was the ABV was much lighter than with a conduction vape, even with a more thorough extraction. At 6.5-6.75 my spent ABV is still a fairly light green. It takes temps of 7+ generally to get it even a medium brown, and that is very thoroughly extracted. Depending on the strain, I can usually fully extract at a little less than 7.5, and it is a dark chocolate shade of brown at that point, but the flavor is not worth the little bit extra THC to me.

I'm lucky to have fairly easy access to fairly high quality cannabis at fairly low prices. I'm sure others will milk every last drop while vaping. I save my ABV for cooking so I don't mind leaving a little behind when vaping. Might as well pack a new bowl and have some more fresh amazing flavor.

For this reason I don't like to adjust temp in the middle of a bowl. I almost always pick a temp and stick with it.

For all the new owners, one thing I can't say enough is less is more. You will generally get almost as many hits with .025 grams as you will with .05 grams, all else being equal. For example, .025 grams at ~6.5 temp usually gives me 3 hits. If I pack .05 grams at the same temp I might get 4 hits but I will have to stir after almost every hit.

For herbs I have two main modes of operation. For pure flavor I use lower temps, 5.75-6.25, and .05 grams. Depending on strain I can get 5-10 hits out of this.

For quick extraction and effects, I use higher temps and smaller loads. I like 6.5-7 on the temp dial with about .025 grams lightly tamped in the stem. I get 2-5 nice clouds from that depending on strain.

When using concentrates I like to use 7-7.5 with cotton and 7.5-8.5 with steel. I was having trouble using steel at lower temps but I adjusted the pad to fit the dry stem better and now it's working great. I find the cotton to be cleaner and easier to deal with but it doesn't taste as good as the steel.

Edit: @Ganja J, just saw your edit. If you are burning bud at 5.5 there might be an issue with your nano. I find it pretty much impossible to combust even up to about 7.5 depending on strain. I hit it for upwards of 20 seconds sometimes.

You might also be packing it too much, that could cause the top part closest to the heater to combust. Try using just enough cannabis to cover the screen, ever so slightly tamped. You should be able to get at least one or two big clouds out of that at the right temperature. Just dump and reload. If needed break up/grind a little pile in advance. It's actually easier and faster to do that than constantly stir and tamp one massive load.

Last edited:

Chezgreendream

First the flavor, then the buZzz settles in....
Was like a kid again unwrapping the e-nano.
So far have only burned the bud once at 5.5 starting to wonder if the dimmer switch is inaccurate or maybe I'm hitting it for too long

Its not so much the temp as the draw speed and technique. If its charring at that temp, then draw faster, if its not to your liking, bump it down .5 or one whole....If its not vaporizing plenty, then slow the pace of your draw and compare. Thats the fun part about it.

Many things to tweak.....

And as @Vapor_Eyes mentioned overpacking and tightly packing could be the culprit.

experiment ya know!

Last edited:

Ganja J

@GetLeft Also a possibility I wasn't too impressed with the quality of the dial and definitely expected more than something that looked used right out the box but the craftsmanship of the e-nano kind of took my mind of it at first.

Ganja J,

Eyedunno

Glass is great but I prefer the dry stem. Different strokes for different folks. The important thing is, the E-Nano can please almost anyone.

Edit: I should have really written Water instead of Glass. One of the great things about the nano in my opinion is the lack of plastic and the thick glass stems, fixed and adjustable. I honestly can't taste a difference between the two at lower temps, which is what I usually use when going for pure flavor. At higher temps I can taste stainless steel, but even up to 7.5 or so I personally can't taste a difference between the all glass fixed screen stem and the adjustable stainless steel screen stem.

Yeah, I was vaping through a bubbler for a while, but now it's only an occasional thing and I usually go dry stem. I've asked Ed to make me a seriously weird titanium and wood adjustable WonG stem, and that should be very cool when it's done. :)

Oh, I got some Mighty/Crafty pads along with a MFLB brush and a Vaporgenie top to put on a metal headshop pipe I've had and used pretty frequently for 18 years (hehe, weird shopping). And I did manage to get a S&B pad loosened up then formed into a cylinder that fits a nano stem.

It looks beautiful and it works better than a standard screen to keep herb fragments from being sucked down, and it stays level and in position better (AND is also easier to put into and take out of my JoDa stem than a standard basket screen is), but there's too much draw resistance. I figured that might be a problem when I realized how much smaller diameter--and thus how much longer--I was going to have to make it. It also didn't work too well for concentrates, though perhaps I should have cranked up the temp. I prefer the richer taste of herb sandwich anyway though...

What attracted me to the S&B pad is how it doesn't have fragments of metal that can fall out of it. But now I would like to find an even smaller pad (perhaps 10mm diameter instead of S&B's 15mm) of similar high quality to adapt to the E-nano.

(VG is cool too. I don't like it as much as the Lotus, but I also have a gazillion regular Bic lighters, so what the hey, and the experiences have been good so far, if a little on the light and wispy side, especially compared to the almost smoke-like Lotus. Oh, it's also cool to turn a pipe I feel so much personal nostalgia for into a vaporizer. :p)

Eyedunno,
Reactions: Hjalmark
Try it with a torch.
Agreed. VG can put out monster smoke like hits, even with a soft flame but I far prefer torch.

Back OT.. Even though I was trying to keep VAS/GAS in check (till Zion) I ended up spending around $300 on myself this year, first with a mixed DHGate order and now as of last nights bout with insomnia a maple e-nano and gong!

Ace mentions on his site that orders could be backed up to two weeks. Im antsy, in the mean time I can get to know the guy a little better..

Are the stems interchangeable with any other logs? Is it a standard diameter tubing (could I just buy some stock and cut it myself?). I'm excited, probably overly so considering I may have to wait! :\

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Merry Christmas to the nano community! This wonderful morning I'm on a flavor chasing mission so I broke out some LSD (lemon sour diesel) I've been slow curing. The flavor is beyond phenomenal, like lemon candy with a hint of gasoline. Sounds weird right, but I love it! It probably became my new favorite strain when I first got it a couple months ago. I still need to vape some true Sour Diesel, I haven't been able to find any since quitting combusting. That's my previous favorite strain, and I'm curious just how amazing the E-Nano would make it taste.

Later on I will be using some concentrates for the best of both worlds, huge face melting clouds with lovely delicate flavor. The nano is versatile beyond belief.

@nondarb, welcome to the family! Rest assured that Andy will get your order out as soon as possible. The stems are not interchangeable with any other log vape, but you can use silicone tubing to create a makeshift adaptor. The nano stems and gongs work great so there's no real need to do that but I understand many of us (myself included) like to tinker and customize. You can always get a custom glass stem from JoDa Glassworks or a wooden stem from Ed's TnT stems.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Merry Christmas and happy holidaze to my absolute favorite nation!!
To those unwrapping your special Nanos, keep in mind all dials and temperatures are different. Start low, no vape? Decrease draw speed. No vape? Increase temp. Too much vape? Increase draw speed or lower temp. Don't mind the numbers everyone posts, if I did I would have been combusting for months! Get to know your unit, everyone always loves a log.

Little tip for those who don't know,
Default screen distance = the notch on the E-Pic
Default bud distance from heater = small end of the e-pic should BARELY, if at all, touch the herb.

If ur herb is browning, turn temp down.
If herb isn't changing, turn temp up.

If any new users have any specific questions feel free to message people too! (Or me). Might get a more specific response, we tend to generalize so even the people not asking the questions can still learn something.

vaporlee

Merry Christmas nano nation!

Look what Santa has left in my stocking overnight!

My nano was shipped on the 18th Friday and arrived in London on the 24th.
It was undoubtedly fast shipping for the Christmas season I believe..

Unfortunately I sold my walnut nano to one of the FC member in the past, and I realized there are no substitute for it's unbelievable efficiency.
Therefor I requested Andy for a exotic redwood burl nano 2 months ago before he discontinue due to cracking issue.
He has offered me several pieces, but they were different to the ones on the website so I rejected as I have serious OCD..:doh:
But Andy was rather professional and finally offered me the right one, also I asked him for the nano to arrive before the Christmas and indeed he kept his promise.
Thanks Andy!

I decided to name her 'Virgin Mary'

Isn't she just gorgeous?

Ta3IXIy.jpg

GReMjod.jpg

Nano is not a vape, it's love..

:love:

Last edited:

Eyedunno

As an illustration of how different things apparently can be, I stopped worrying about whether my herb touches the screen (aside from if it sticks, in which case I have to pretty quickly brush off the screen--make sure to use a brush that can take the heat!) pretty early on, and I have yet to combust on the E-nano. I've combusted on the Lotus, but only on my very first time using it.

My nano almost never goes above 6.5 anymore. If I want a dark vape, I now have the Lotus for that.

Oh, but I can definitely see it being more of a concern if you vape through water a lot, where you'll likely be wanting a somewhat higher temperature.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Marry whatever you call your holiday folks !

I came here to drop off another MILLION DOLLAR IDEA !!!

I did actually send an email to Epic Vape customer service but I might have used the word "million dollar" a bit too often so it got send directly to spam :doh:

8JrA00n.jpg

ITS AN BAG ATTACHMENT FOR YOUR ENANO !

because why the fuck not ?

probably the size of the bowl but hey! at least its an idea :razz: ( :mental: )

I guess I am still on my "chill on one bowl" idea because that is the only thing I miss from my portable vape is sitting for 10 min on the same bowl and watch a movie or some :sherlock:

but if Andy or anyone from Epic Vape sees this then dont for get we are going to make millions and then drive off to the sunset ! :freak:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
My nano almost never goes above 6.5 anymore. If I want a dark vape, I now have the Lotus for that.

Oh, but I can definitely see it being more of a concern if you vape through water a lot, where you'll likely be wanting a somewhat higher temperature.
I have been testing so called high powered or high temperature vaporizers.
So far the NANO is the only one that works?
6.0 - 6.5 is my range. With water?
I put away all the so called power vaporizers and pulled out the trustworthy unit!
How is CANNABIS going to be legal?

Top Bottom