flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Packages that went out Thursday and Friday are finally showing tracking!!! I am very happy to see not all is lost, though I am utterly confused as to how they show they were just accepted and no delivery date.

We're looking into other mail carriers to determine if the cost and possible addition in processing time would be worth the switch. As always I will keep everyone updated.

Seriously dancing a jig over here over a few packages updating...don't mind me hahaha.

Glad to hear things are moving along better - for you and the recipients!

Seems from my experience and what I've read on shipping issues here on FC and other places they can all be pretty good or pretty crappy, depending on where things originate and where they're going. Fed Ex is still best in my area, USPS second, UPS sucks. But, a friend who lives half hour away says UPS is best for him. Think you're going to have issues with any of them.. Just my :2c: on it.

Jaindoh

Fed Ex is usually quite pricy for delivery to the places I lived. Of course, that's to be expected. I figured it's mostly for business to business stuff that needs hard copy, things like that. They do, however, move quickly. Quickly enough to drop your package on your porch roughly and be screeching off to their next drop.

UPS only really does me justice through Amazon. USPS is usually better than this, I don't know why they can't handle their business. It may be just that the Epic's local post office is particularly incompetent.

To hear them tell it -- of course -- it's that Epic's lying to me and/or may have run off with my money. Nice. It was good to hear that if my package was lost I wouldn't even get the insurance because they never scanned it as 'received'. Thankfully, Nadia reassured me that the worst that would happen is that I get a refund.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I just conditioned the wood with some coconut oil. After time my units have gotten darker, they looked so pretty I decided to take a picture. The cherry and the walnut custom units.

EDIT
I have a nice clean stem too. I think I will fill my stem with some Black Cherry Cola strain.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Looking good, Carol! I have to research taking care of wood. I was going to buy some of Ed's butter, but if coconut oil does that well... I already have some of that!

Anything clean and organic (preferably) that is used on wood seems to work fine. I usually use beeswax or sometimes some coconut or mineral oil. I don't know how well any will work on a brand new nano. They have a pretty good coat of shellac on them that could be tough to penetrate until it gets a little use/wear. Once they will take some wood conditioner, they do really pop ever time you put some on. I do at least some every 6 - 8 weeks.

@CarolKing - yours look absolutely marvelous! (in my best Billy Crystal impression voice)

nadia_epic

EpicVape Team
Company Rep
.... USPS is usually better than this, I don't know why they can't handle their business. It may be just that the Epic's local post office is particularly incompetent.

To hear them tell it -- of course -- it's that Epic's lying to me and/or may have run off with my money. Nice. It was good to hear that if my package was lost I wouldn't even get the insurance because they never scanned it as 'received'. Thankfully, Nadia reassured me that the worst that would happen is that I get a refund.

We ALWAYS reship if USPS does not showing tracking after an extended period of time. The insurance claims generally have to be initiated on our end, not the customer. And though I would love to "run off with your money" (lol) the average cost of a vaporizer wouldn't be worth the hassle of lying to you.
Much like you said we do offer refunds for several reasons. We want everyone to have a Nano but if it isn't possible (foreign customs, undelivered addresses, etc) we aren't going to keep your money.

I do appreciate you letting people know! Every bit of info new customers can get during these frustrating times helps.

90% of packages have updated!!! Tracking information that was emailed yesterday should show a ship date of today btw. We are still a it sluggish but they are being processed and shipped. We do expect the tracking to update by late Friday mid Saturday.

....still dancing my happy jig over here ;)

Last edited:

Pjake

It's all in the reflexes.
I just conditioned the wood with some coconut oil. After time my units have gotten darker, they looked so pretty I decided to take a picture. The cherry and the walnut custom units.

EDIT
I have a nice clean stem too. I think I will fill my stem with some Black Cherry Cola strain.
This pic makes buying a second nano seem like such a good idea right now. :tup:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@nadia_epic i think you need a little time with your Enano tonight to relax and enjoy the finer things in life. A little wood goes a long way.:cheers: A toast to you and all your hard work.:spliff:

EDIT
I have been putting the stems in the plastic cylinder that they come in to soak in ISO when they need a cleaning every few days.

We used to have really lousy USPS service. After many complaints from customers in our area - we weren't getting our mail until 8:00 at night. The mail carrier wouldn't come to our door with packages she would just leave a note in our boxes that our packages were at the main post office. Even the school in our area complained about how terrible it was. Now we get our mail sometimes by noon. The mail carrier comes to our door and delivers like she is supposed to.

Last edited:

Jaindoh

We ALWAYS reship if USPS does not showing tracking after an extended period of time. The insurance
....still dancing my happy jig over here ;)

Yes! Of course, I've complete confidence; USPS is the one not inspiring any. I was mostly worried that by the time everything was sorted you guys wouldn't have any exotic maple burl which would really be the cherry on top. I guess I'm part of the 10%, still at pre-shipping info received. That said, I'm sure I'll love my vape, but I may have broken a few things in misplaced anger by now. Not admitting to anything.

Of course, there's still Fri and Sat (since, by your account, it shipped no later than Monday) until USPS would even admit they were late. And that would still, of course, be assuming they admitted they ever received it. Really a bummer, as for a while there, USPS was one of the best options to my area. I would have gladly, however, given $10+ dollars for this not to have happened.

You know I'm not trying to hate on EpicVape, I'm just thorughly frustrated. Particularly since the people at fault have admitted no wrong doing. Please go to that post office, your local one the issue is with, and urinate on something for me. Nevermind, that's probably 'damaging government property'. Great.

Last edited:

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Just to throw in my dos centavos' worth... I ordered something from someone else... and the USPS never said it was on its way until the day I got it. Then, miraculously, I watched it go from "pre-ship" to "delivered" in just a couple of minutes.

I recommend ENano (or any other vendor that uses USPS) order-ers just IGNORE tracking numbers. Remember the good old days, when stuff just showed up. :)
It will.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
... A little wood goes a long way.

Put this near the top of the list of things that most guys like to hear women say! Sorry @CarolKing .. just couldn't resist. nano on j-hook with some purple sour diesel has me in a particularly giddy mood tonight. :freak: It is extremely tasty and effective.

A toast to you and all your hard work.

I'll drink to that. :cheers: And, re-load the GonG adapter, too!

Yes! Of course, I've complete confidence; USPS is the one not inspiring any. I was mostly worried that by the time everything was sorted you guys wouldn't have any exotic maple burl which would really be the cherry on top. I guess I'm part of the 10%, still at pre-shipping info received. That said, I'm sure I'll love my vape, but I may have broken a few things in misplaced anger by now. Not admitting to anything.

Of course, there's still Fri and Sat (since, by your account, it shipped no later than Monday) until USPS would even admit they were late. And that would still, of course, be assuming they admitted they ever received it. Really a bummer, as for a while there, USPS was one of the best options to my area. I would have gladly, however, given $10+ dollars for this not to have happened.

You know I'm not trying to hate on EpicVape, I'm just thorughly frustrated. Particularly since the people at fault have admitted no wrong doing. Please go to that post office, your local one the issue is with, and urinate on something for me. Nevermind, that's probably 'damaging government property'. Great.

@Jon Do ... just wanted to share my admiration at your maturity and patience in the face of this crap. Not too common, even in this great FC community. Really hope the shipping Gods take notice and your package ends up being one of those USPS tracking issues @Enchantre mentions above. That being going from pre-ship to delivered. I've had this happen - even with EpicVape orders. Once (not from EpicVape) it did it about 6 hours after delivery and me using the glass adapter it happened with!

Hang in there, man! And, thanks for showing us all how to not throw a tantrum about such things - at the expense of a few broken knick knacks or not. Very smooth. I think Zen Master Jon Do may be a more fitting title.

Last edited:
I just bought an underdog a few weeks ago and I enjoy it, but I still want to try an e-nano. I understand that they are pretty similar, but I am looking for some opinions on whether or not I should get an e-nano. Is it worth getting for around $200 or am I better off spending the money on some new glass or a nice pelican case? Also, does anyone know if any underdog stems fit the e-nano? I have a slew of them and it would be nice if they were sort of universal.

jkishmael

My Gong finally clogged up enough where performance started to slip. So I tried the 'dial it up to 10 and rip the empty Gong' method that is mentioned here by some. Got 4 huge bubblers full and accordingly ripped. It worked to help the clogging and get me flying but I woke up in the middle of night noticing some 'scorched lung.' Not a great feeling so I think I'll go with the soak in ISO method next.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
My Gong finally clogged up enough where performance started to slip. So I tried the 'dial it up to 10 and rip the empty Gong' method that is mentioned here by some. Got 4 huge bubblers full and accordingly ripped. It worked to help the clogging and get me flying but I woke up in the middle of night noticing some 'scorched lung.' Not a great feeling so I think I'll go with the soak in ISO method next.

Yeah... I think four in a row is going to be pretty tough for anyone. It's usually some hot vapor! I never go more than two, and by the second there isn't much there. If there is, I go Bill Clinton style without full inhale if I'm in a hurry or just put in a clean screen if I have a few minutes.

FWIW if you can get 4 full vapor hits doing this, you're probably letting things build up a bit too much IMO. Try it after 10 - 20 or so loads depending on what your material is like. I almost always notice a difference from the light cleaning on the next load. So my guess would be that if you're doing more than 15 loads (or whatever it is for you) without at least doing the high heat clean, you're not getting what you could be from your nano. It's surprising how much difference a cleaner screen makes because it often doesn't look too bad, but IME could still be dumbing down your nano a pretty good bit.

I also find sticky glass doesn't seem to reduce effectiveness too much. When I swap screens I always at least scrape out whatever is in the nano end. Sometimes hit it with a dry Q tip after scraping, or a Q tip with just a little ISO on it, followed by one with just water (usually just use the other side of same Q tip). On the GonG end I just clean for reclaim by scraping, or because the crud is getting annoying to look at. I don't get too much reclaim with the scraping, but depending on how much I gather (sometimes do a few pieces of glass at a time) I either just put it on top of next load, or do a double basket screen and do it by itself. Tasty stuff!

e-pik will work fine for scraping. I like a pen cap a little better. Those cheap bic pens have a good pocket clip on them for this. My preferred are the ones that are kind of triangle shaped with the pen side concave. Sometimes a bit short to get all the way in, but the shape of it almost makes it feel like it was designed just for this! I even have a couple that I clipped the barrel part back on so I can get it deeper into the glass.

J2D2

I finally received my 14mm gong today :). But my unit which was broken after the first 10 mins doesn't seem to be of any concern for customer service. It's been over a week since I last heard anything from Nadia. I know they are swamped right now but she told me she was sending out a replacement unit and a return label, no tracking or notification that either have shipped have been given to me. It's been 10 days surely that's enough time for at least the return label. I have read overwhelmingly that this company's customer service is top notch I may just be falling through the cracks. They have stopped responding to my emails, so I tried to call today and left a message to see where that gets me.

okmokm

Been absolutely adoring my E-nano recently. I've been using it every day since it arrived but, unfortunately, last night one of the pins broke off inside the cable :\:|:(:uhoh: I emailed e-nano customer service so hopefully they will get back to me asap, but it seems like I might have to wait a while :bang: Maybe I should use this as an excuse to buy an underdog as a temporary replacement to see how they compare

I currently have an underdog and was wanting to get an e-nano to compare. I like my underdog a lot, but I'm not sure that it is as great as a lot of people make them out to be. Definitely a great vape, but would like to try an e-nano too.
Been absolutely adoring my E-nano recently. I've been using it every day since it arrived but, unfortunately, last night one of the pins broke off inside the cable :\:|:(:uhoh: I emailed e-nano customer service so hopefully they will get back to me asap, but it seems like I might have to wait a while :bang: Maybe I should use this as an excuse to buy an underdog as a temporary replacement to see how they compare

okmokm

In preparation for my nano to have to be replaced/repaired I just purchased this underdog http://underdogvapes.com/18308?search=18308
I had such a great experience with the nano as my first vape, and have heard just as many great things about UDs, that I figured the 200ish dollars is worth it to have a backup unit. On top of that the minor differences between units such as fast v. slow heating, car adaptability, controllability, etc. were enough to warrant getting a UD as well :brow: or at least that's what I'll tell myself

In preparation for my nano to have to be replaced/repaired I just purchased this underdog http://underdogvapes.com/18308?search=18308
I had such a great experience with the nano as my first vape, and have heard just as many great things about UDs, that I figured the 200ish dollars is worth it to have a backup unit. On top of that the minor differences between units such as fast v. slow heating, car adaptability, controllability, etc. were enough to warrant getting a UD as well :brow: or at least that's what I'll tell myself
Great choice man, that's a pretty one! Which stems did you order?

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped

Please do let us know how they compare! Always looking for more info on this.

Neceros

Looook what I got guys:

nJrVLcm.jpg

NADIA'S AUTOGRAPH! :love:

Oh, also an extra gong. Just in case.

Top Bottom