dos equis

Looking at the TNT Nano stems from Ed, I'm guessing they don't have the same adjustability features as the standard glass stem? If so I'm thinking that could be problematic for some units?

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Are those WonGs?

I don't need anymore stems, but a WonG would be awesome.
Yes! Both are multi-purpose Wong & stem. The Nano stem/Wong is adjustable insofar as you can load & pack at a closer or farther distance from the Nano heating rod tip. I find the flavor of the wood to be very mild a extremely pleasant, yet almost imperceptible at times as well - I love it! For me, the whole experience is enhanced by the form factor, beauty of the wood and craftsmanship, flavor, and versatility!

Edit: There is no reason at all that these stem/Wongs shouldn't work with hash or oil in cotton or whatever.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Beautiful stems Snappo & Ed!!!! Very nice wood and the inlay makes them pop.

Has anyone been using or used the E-Nano with the Pinnacle Water Tool? I've been using it these past couple nights and it's like W:whoa:W!!! Some really great flavor. What's really cool is the supplied silicone sleeve on the Gong works perfectly as a adapter to fit in the 14MM PNWT. I put in a screen to hold my herb, set nano to about 7.75 and after a couple stems I'm like :mmmm:.

Bought a PNWT just for this (couldn't resist the big sale!). I thought it was nice enough, but didn't really do it for me. I think it's the low volume and limited diffusion that hold the flavor better. If you use a small cheapo Chinese bubbler (D020 or D020-W for me) and keep your draw slow and steady, you can get the same flavor results. Water just high enough so it covers the top of the percs when drawing slow. The trick is in the draw. Try to create as few bubbles as you can until you clear. Then just rip it clean to clear. Most of the diffusion is done by then. Still not as flavorful as dry stem, but pretty close IMO.

Was just using the D020-W and got one of those bingo! hits right out of the gate. Nice happy cloud full of flavor and umph. nano-nano.... mmmm hmmmm!

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
Those wooden accesories look great! Tempting to get something like that eventually, not sure if I would like the taste though.

That's the main reason I've held off buying a wooden stem.

Please allow me to put in on this since I own an @Ed's TnT stem for my Nano. I find that flavor retention is still very good even though we're dealing with a metal bowl and wood stem. I consider myself a flavor chaser (although not at @ataxian levels) and I was not put off by this aspect after trying a few stem loads myself.

I was initially concerned about people saying the wood "flavors" the hits until the stem gets coated in vape resin. This turned out to be a non issue for me. The added "earthy" flavor was noticed but it's far from unpleasant and it does indeed subside the more you use the stem.

A couple of other notes on these: I also have an Eds Solo stem. This seems to kill flavor WAY more than my nano stem. Pretty sure it has to do with the significant surface area increase in both wood and metal, as well as airflow.

Also both of my stems are made from Hawaiian Koa wood. This species is pretty porous compared to some hard woods out there. This (I'd assume) would mean that this porousness (is that a word?) increases flavor exchange between the wood and vapor. Basically I'd assume this is less of an issue with more dense species.

Last edited:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
This just in - custom magnificence!!! J-Hook for the Lotus, Solo, & E-Nano!!!
Pg38J2n.jpg

3XqcxTg.jpg

4XiwPX9.jpg

NsTSftI.jpg

EDIT: Re Ed's stems - particularly for the less dense wood species - you can do like I do - take a fine sand paper and roll it up so it fits inside the stem. Roll it around and also sand inside up & down until perfectly smooth. There will be no more inside wall resin retention like before (wood porosity is reduced), and the wood flavor will be lessened as well.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Please allow me to put in on this since I own an @Ed's TnT stem for my Nano. I find that flavor retention is still very good even though we're dealing with a metal bowl and wood stem. I consider myself a flavor chaser (although not at @ataxian levels) and I was not put off by this aspect after trying a few stem loads myself.

I was initially concerned about people saying the wood "flavors" the hits until the stem gets coated in vape resin. This turned out to be a non issue for me. The added "earthy" flavor was noticed but it's far from unpleasant and it does indeed subside the more you use the stem.

A couple of other notes on these: I also have an Eds Solo stem. This seems to kill flavor WAY more than my nano stem. Pretty sure it has to do with the significant surface area increase in both wood and metal, as well as airflow.

Also both of my stems are made from Hawaiian Koa wood. This species is pretty porous compared to some hard woods out there. This (I'd assume) would mean that this porousness (is that a word?) increases flavor exchange between the wood and vapor. Basically I'd assume this is less of an issue with more dense species.
I like the durability of wood!
It looks nice as we'll.
However I preference glass as a flavor chaser. I can't help that my taste buds are sensitive! A very old school technique to condition wood is to soak it in honey oil! Since all I have is Shatter I will use that for my ED's stem I have.
If I can handle it I will order some WONG's! Ed is most likely a great guy and his product is very nice. I'm Just a special case!

btka

Can you use the e nano in europe... ? And can you order to europe... and if you load 0.05g how much hits did you get... thanks...

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
Can you use the e nano in europe... ? And can you order to europe... and if you load 0.05g how much hits did you get... thanks...

Yes you can but you will need a step-down converter to run it since most EU countries run at 220v while the Nano runs off the USA standard of 110v. I'm sure some of our overseas members can give advice on which converter to buy. They are inexpensive tho. So that's good.

Also yes, EpicVape ships to Europe.

As for how many "hits" you get, that really depends on a lot of factors. Not really a question one can answer accurately across the board.

@ataxian I feel the surface area on the wooden nano stem is so small, most of the taste concerns are negated. Have you tried one yet? I think vito has one.

dos equis

You can use it in Europe, like @Caligula said you need a 220V-110V converter to run it. You probably know what stores would have those in your country, start searching. :p

From my experience you could do anything from finishing it in 2-3 large nice hits or many smaller tasty hits. It all depends on how you use it, fairly easy either way but you need some test runs before you get it right.

btka

Thank you... yes i know its a question which is difficult to answer... and that a lot of factors... i saw on you tube vitolo and have noticed he takes approx. 2 hits from one bowl stem... but i also don t know how much he used... but as effectiveness is important to me.... i have adked this stupid question...

@dos equis so there is a learning curve.... and technic for the nano....

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
Thank you... yes i know its a question which is difficult to answer... and that a lot of factors... i saw on you tube vitolo and have noticed he takes approx. 2 hits from one bowl stem... but i also don t know how much he used... but as effectiveness is important to me.... i have adked this stupid question...

Not a a stupid question, but the answer is gonna vary. @Caligula likes some big-ass hits. as far as effectiveness, or efficiency, they don't get much better than the 'nano. Also, excellent flavor. It's also got a very short learning curve - very easy for beginners to "get".

Caligula

Maximus
Not a a stupid question, but the answer is gonna vary. @Caligula likes some big-ass hits. as far as effectiveness, or efficiency, they don't get much better than the 'nano. Also, excellent flavor. It's also got a very short learning curve - very easy for beginners to "get".

Indeed. I kill more then 0.05g in a single hit on my EFS bubbler. *I typically pack 0.1 to 0.2g per gong load and get 2-3 good hits from it.

Of course I also have the tolerance of Cheech and Chong combined. If you are using a dry stem, at heat level 5.5-6.5 you should get 3 to 4 tasty rips and 2-3 more with neutral to no taste before the burnt popcorn flavor creeps in @ 0.05g. YMMV.

In any case, the Nano is very efficient at extracting things from flowers. Thats WHY I can cache a 0.05g hit without even trying.

As for a "learning curve"... well, ALL vapes have those to some extent. Im happy to report, though, that log style vapes such as the Nano require very little practice to master. You want learning curve? LOL go try the W9 products. Lots of learning combined with great rewards. The Nano in comparison is cheating... sort of like getting a helicopter ride to the top of the mountain.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

Blackwater is an indica strain typically bred from Mendo Purps and San Fernando Valley OG Kush. Its round, compact buds take on a deep purple color and a sweet grape aroma that blends with subtle undertones of lemon and pine. What begins as a mellow and euphoric cerebral experience melts down to the rest of the body in a head-to-toe euphoric calm that relieves stress and anxiety. Patients have also reported its success in treating pain, appetite loss, and multiple sclerosis. This strain is recommended for late-night consumption as it can cause mental cloudiness and detract from productivity. Blackwater has a flowering time of 8 to 10 weeks and produces moderate yields in indoor, outdoor, and greenhouse gardens. The 2014 Los Angeles Cannabis Cup awarded Blackwater 3rd place in the indica category.

I just had some BLACKWATER flowers.
FLAVOR? Did I say flavor?
Yeah!

FLAVOR!

dos equis

Wouldn't say it's a stupid question, it would be one of the first things I would think about if I was looking at a vape. The thing with the Nano is that it's great either way, it mostly comes down to how you prefer to do it. I have had it finish a load in a couple of hits and I have had it hitting forever. Both ways are nice, both ways get me where I want, one just does it faster.

I wouldn't really say there's a learning curve exactly, basically you just have to figure out where it's best to place your screen and what temperature works best for the types of hits that you want.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Can I answer this?
Ok thank you!

The NANO is super easy to use!
Flavor wise I love it!
Learning is not a word for the NANO.

I sold a few vaporizers I loved however they became reduntant.

I love the POWER/FLAVOR profile.
I will get off my soap box now.

Just buy the correct device!

Please note:

"CANNABIS is the HOLY GRAIL"!

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Those eds TNT stems/wongs and V&C stem/gongs are amazing! Any possible way to collaborate these two? Would love a glass lined wooden stem/gong!!! Also if you can get your hands on a Hammer vape stem, I reccomend trying it with the tiniest loads. It's unreal how little you need! I did this last night and while riping it I couldn't help but think of @Tweak SSV mod as well as the VBros mini wand. It's the bees knees and the ants pants all rolled into one!!! @Enchantre your right less is more, for sure!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Those eds TNT stems/wongs and V&C stem/gongs are amazing! Any possible way to collaborate these two? Would love a glass lined wooden stem/gong!!! Also if you can get your hands on a Hammer vape stem, I reccomend trying it with the tiniest loads. It's unreal how little you need! I did this last night and while riping it I couldn't help but think of @Tweak SSV mod as well as the VBros mini wand. It's the bees knees and the ants pants all rolled into one!!! @Enchantre your right less is more, for sure!
Show me?
I guess I'm just learning?

I like the biggest load I can make.
Conserving destroys the whole experience. I'm going to take my ED's WOOD STEM and soak it in at least 2 grams of shatter. Heat the stem without burning it.

"MORE is MORE"!

Top Bottom