Vap974

Hi there!

As i'm using a lot my omnivap,
It seems that it needs a cleaning session.
Would like to know the best way to clean it without risks for the ceramic screen.:leaf:

Thanks for all the advices you can bring!

Vap974,
Reactions: StoneFog

b0

Cloudy...
Hi there!

As i'm using a lot my omnivap,
It seems that it needs a cleaning session.
Would like to know the best way to clean it without risks for the ceramic screen.:leaf:

Thanks for all the advices you can bring!

I just take it apart, take out the orings and soak everything except the orings in warm ISO (just put ISO in a ziplock bag with all the parts and put it inside a cup with almost boiling water) after a while I take everything out and give it a quick clean with a couple earbuds. Done!!

Vap974

Thanks, really nice advice!:tup:
I'm just a little bit concerned about using iso for the ceramic screen...
For the vaporgenie ceramic filter, i use my torch lighter.
Do you think we can do same for the omni ceramic screen ?

Vap974,

bounce5

Thanks, really nice advice!:tup:
I'm just a little bit concerned about using iso for the ceramic screen...
For the vaporgenie ceramic filter, i use my torch lighter.
Do you think we can do same for the omni ceramic screen ?

In my experience the iso didn't negatively affect the ceramic screen at all even with soaking it in iso for a couple days. But to really clean the ceramic screen I used a torch to get it back to it's original white color. I held it with stainless steel tweezers (which will get stained grey from the torch), hit it with the torch for a few seconds until it glows red, then watched it turn white and put it down on a glass surface to cool. Works well. Wooden skewers or dowels are good tools for removing the ceramic screen and then placing it back in place. May take a bit of patience and careful focus to remove the screen and put back in. The screens are pretty sturdy but I understand there is a risk of them snaping in half or breaking if not careful.

collegeKid101

Is this good for indoor sessions with a smoke buddy or does the warm up with the torch get too dank? I've used an mflb before and a pax, needless to say I'd be much more comfortable hitting the mflb indoors vs the pax.

collegeKid101,

Baron23

Is this good for indoor sessions with a smoke buddy or does the warm up with the torch get too dank? I've used an mflb before and a pax, needless to say I'd be much more comfortable hitting the mflb indoors vs the pax.
I don't think it smells at all. As for sessioning with somebody else, to me this is a one-hitter more or less. So I would envision one person taking a few draws and killing a small load and then the next person doing the same.

Think of it as a vaping digger or bat.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
George Briewa, even in the face of a handful of VERY stiff competition, has got to be the coolest guy in vapedom.

Evidence on support of my contention:
I had some 'pie in the sky' ideas for Dynavap products, drew them, and sent them to George via PM:
UQJyfD9.jpg

07olLzU.jpg

That sort of thing.

I hesitated to post them here as they're just sketchy scribbles which I usually do simply to record the ideas I have.
I didn't intend to offer this sort of thing for professional illustrative purposes, they're just handy for describing concepts that might be difficult to communicate with puny words.
It seems that George quite likes the style of the drawings, and asked if I had any more.
George has been very encouraging, so we entered a 'talent trade' (somewhat in my favour I think you might agree), where I have done/do some drawings that he hopes to find a use for on his site.
In exchange he agreed (and here comes the cool part) to make me an entirely custom VapCap from one of my concept drawings!.
RyimEUx.jpg

Despite the fact that I have presumed to screw with the dimensions of the mouthpiece, the body, and the condenser, affecting proportion somewhat, and my greed extends to demanding a damascus steel body, George has come through in what I consider to be SPECTACULAR style:

d1niFJs.jpg

This is how the damascus looked with less time in the acid.
I don't know how George achieved that surface colour, but its pretty damn cool, I really wanted exaggerated grain, and even a corroded look, so I requested a deeper etch.
Others may have preferred this though, so I post this too:
7BzjyGV.jpg

vBtXfQH.jpg

Both finishes are gorgeous IMO, but the raised grain is what I love most.

The three little carb holes are intended to allow the adjustment of airflow by the simple expedient of locating o-rings in the grooves, to your taste.
I sent George this idea, but he had already explored this method in earlier pieces.

Sorry about sucking up your bandwidth with these massive pic's, I'd have made the drawings smaller if I knew how :shrug:

BTW, George hasn't settled on a final price for me yet, so I can't tell you how much he would be charging for something like this, or even if he's likely to ever make another damascus piece, I haven;t asked him this.
I hope he does though, this and the Damscus VonG that he made are both beautiful IMO, and will inevitably pair up beautifully with some more of @Ed's TnT 's wood.
When Ed finds the time to start doing custom pieces again, I'm gonna try to persuade him to make me an exact match in wood!, y'hear Ed? :wave:

Well, I think Georges artistry speaks for itself.......

zBwugAH.jpg

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:@VapCap :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Copacetic

@Copacetic Hardly 'sketchy scribbles' I can see exactly why George likes them. They are 'old school' and 'honest' looking it's a refreshing change from all the computer generated stuff we usually see. Love all of it.
@VapCap from the humble glass tube to Damascus Steel. Excellent.

Cheers man, glad you like them.
I don't think I've ever been this excited for the arrival of a vape!
Couple of weeks should do it :popcorn:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
George Briewa, even in the face of a handful of VERY stiff competition, has got to be the coolest guy in vapedom.

I had some 'pie in the sky' ideas for Dynavap products, drew them, and sent them to George via PM:
UQJyfD9.jpg

07olLzU.jpg

That sort of thing.

I hesitated to post them here as they're just sketchy scribbles which I usually do simply to record the ideas I have.
I didn't intend to offer this sort of thing for professional illustrative purposes, they're just handy for describing concepts that might be difficult to communicate with puny words.
It seems that George quite likes the style of the drawings, and asked if I had any more.
George has been very encouraging, so we entered a 'talent trade' (somewhat in my favour I think you might agree), where I have done/do some drawings that he hopes to find a use for on his site.
In exchange he agreed (and here comes the cool part) to make me an entirely custom VapCap from one of my concept drawings!.
RyimEUx.jpg

Despite the fact that I have presumed to screw with the dimensions of the mouthpiece, the body, and the condenser, affecting proportion somewhat, and my greed extends to demanding a damascus steel body, George has come through in what I consider to be SPECTACULAR style:

d1niFJs.jpg

I don't know how George achieved that surface colour, but its pretty damn cool, I really wanted exaggerated grain, and even a corroded look, so I requested a deeper etch.
7BzjyGV.jpg

vBtXfQH.jpg

The three little carb holes are intended to allow the adjustment of airflow by the simple expedient of locating o-rings in the grooves, to your taste.
I sent George this idea, but he had already explored this method in earlier pieces.

Sorry about sucking up your bandwidth with these massive pic's, I'd have made the drawings smaller if I knew how :shrug:

BTW, George hasn't settled on a final price for me yet, so I can't tell you how much he would be charging for something like this, or even if he's likely to ever make another damascus piece, I haven;t asked him this.
I hope he does though, this and the Damscus VonG that he made are both beautiful IMO, and will inevitably pair up beautifully with some more of @Ed's TnT 's wood.
When Ed finds the time to start doing custom pieces again, I'm gonna try to persuade him to make me an exact match in wood!, y'hear Ed? :wave:

zBwugAH.jpg

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:@VapCap :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

So much :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: man!

The drawings are incredible, ultimate @VapCap dreams right there, of course George picked em up for a juicy trade, talent recognizing talent :tup:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I tried modding my Titan 2 heater. It wasn't worth the effort with one battery. I got bored waiting for the 'click'. Next step is to run series batteries.
7RrcwT4.jpg

I have also been trying to get something together for you all to see but it's slow going with all the normal stuff life throws at you. I now have TAS, Tool Acquistion Syndrome, which doesn't help.
Here's how I've got on so far.
NOzqiil.jpg

au42notm.jpg
78ZIMekm.jpg

Copacetic

I tried modding my Titan 2 heater. It wasn't worth the effort with one battery. I got bored waiting for the 'click'. Next step is to run series batteries.
7RrcwT4.jpg

I have also been trying to get something together for you all to see but it's slow going with all the normal stuff life throws at you. I now have TAS, Tool Acquistion Syndrome, which doesn't help.
NOzqiil.jpg

au42notm.jpg
78ZIMekm.jpg

Lovely stuff Phatt's, I especially like the pale wood bodies, nice 'figures'.

Copacetic,
Reactions: RastaVapa

herbalist33

UQJyfD9.jpg

07olLzU.jpg

That sort of thing.

RyimEUx.jpg

d1niFJs.jpg

7BzjyGV.jpg

vBtXfQH.jpg

zBwugAH.jpg

Awesome drawings buddy! I gotta say, that concept for the adjustable airflow vape looks amazing! Really good idea!

I've got an idea myself on a mod for vaporisers, which I don't believe has been done before. I think I could test my concept with my OG Vapcap... I'm gunna do some good 'testing' when I get home, and try to get back to you guys.

brucee10

K
7RrcwT4.jpg

NOzqiil.jpg

au42notm.jpg
78ZIMekm.jpg
My Chinese heater contact told me that he didn't think they could generate enough heat in a ceramic cup without cracking the ceramic or going into sub-Ohm ranges that require tons of power to get up to temp. He is going to look through their prototypes bin to see if they have anything. I was wanting to keep it e-cig friendly because they have all the electronics figured out.

RastaVapa

HomeGrownLogs UK log maker
Manufacturer
K

My Chinese heater contact told me that he didn't think they could generate enough heat in a ceramic cup without cracking the ceramic or going into sub-Ohm ranges that require tons of power to get up to temp. He is going to look through their prototypes bin to see if they have anything. I was wanting to keep it e-cig friendly because they have all the electronics figured out.

A simple sub ohm SS 24swg 316 coil in a RDA with a big bore tip just wind it so that the vapcap can be inserted into the RDA through the drip tip hole on a mod it will prob give loads of uses, one of our members here done a similar video with it working.....

brucee10

A simple sub ohm SS 24swg 316 coil in a RDA with a big bore tip just wind it so that the vapcap can be inserted into the RDA through the drip tip hole on a mod it will prob give loads of uses, one of our members here done a similar video with it working.....
Yeah, my contact mentioned that I could just bend one out of wire to test. I wanted ceramic so I didn't have to worry about shorting it out.

brucee10,

StoneFog

I was going to wait until I had access to a better camera before posting this but it seems relevant at the moment so here is my RDA mod for the vapcap.
http://m.imgur.com/gallery/4Ffb4

I don't actually know how to post pictures here (I've never actually posted a picture online before) and I'm not sure if such a long post would be welcome. If it is welcome, I'd appreciate a little help pulling it over here. Either a place with good instructions or a kind moderator doing it would be very helpful.

Hope this is interesting, happy vaping!

Top Bottom