CharmCityVapeGuy

Known to some and enigma to others
To load it I am sucking it up like I do with the Underdog or Milaana but I have also tried loose scooping it in.

ABV is slightly brown after 1 try, brower after 2 , ABV is black when I remove it after several tries. Not much vapor though. I feel that if I could even get a little air flow around the cap with the carb covered that I would be getting vapor. But since no air whatsoever can be pulled through this Vapcap I don't see how it would work theoretically?

I have 2 torch lighters and 3 real butane torches. The 2 lighters are both single flame but get the job done with all of my butane vapes. I have little single flame torches and huge vector torches too. The vectors would be way overkill so I just tried the single flame torch lighters and the smaller real torch, same ones that work great with the Vapman and Daisy.

I have tried every degree of covering the hole, but I think the real problem is the fact that it is 100% air tight when you cover the hit hole. As in you can not pull any air whatsoever through the vapcap with the carb covered, are they all like that? It seems like the only way it would produce good vapor would be for a small amount of air to travel around the metal cap, through the weed, and into your lungs. With an airtight cap it just seems like it would barely produce any vapor at all. Which is exactly what is occurring.

So my question to you guys is, when you cover your carb hole 100%. Can you pull ANY air or vapor through the device? I cannot. So how to I make this particular device work? I was told that I may have to do some grinding or sanding to get it to work at all but no one seems to be able to offer any specifics on the necessary "Sanding" that needs to be done.
I understand defective products make it out into the wild, I'm just trying to figure out if mine can be fixed or if it needs to be retired to the junk drawer?

If they are all air tight caps on the OG and it only works by the air swirling around the back side of the screen with no actual air flow through the weed, then mine is fine and that just means I don't know how to use it I guess? :hmm:
I'll have to check mine but I definitely don't get much air through the cap but I do think there's some. It works because the hole allows air to flow up along the outside of the condenser and past the herb then through the condenser into your mouth.

CharmCityVapeGuy,
Reactions: StoneFog

Oogendoogan

So I went to get my mail and saw that beautiful green package from George!! This was about 2 hours ago. I gotta say i am thoroughly vaped lol. 4 caps of sour kush through a water pipe, milky huge hits, no combustion.

only problem I am having so far is controlling the temperature. Its like i know how to get the highest temp possible but nothing lower kinda.. I am sure some practice will make perfect. I am lucky i used my ex girl friends og before.. its making this woody feel so nice. I have an og here to but that will be for someone else so i can help the vapcap family grow :)

Here are some pics! Thank you so much @VapCap for the amazing service and the amazing vapes! keep up the great work!! I will be reporting my use with this thing over the next few days at least to chart performance and hopefully help others.

Cheers everyone!
Stay vaped :peace:

DHEyF0g.jpg

4BYlwPc.jpg

9HbTCtK.jpg

Kalessin

How did he make it black?
Don't know the process used but he's been prototyping them a while. I saw one another member had received to test and fell in love with it. I'm really digging it so far. Hardly shows any wear from the heat, yet anyway. I noticed the body of the cap is shorter than my original, and the digger longer, but it hasn't affected performance. And it looks soooooo good with the ti and blackwood.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
If I close the carb the airflow is really restricted. I can still pull air through it but it feels a lot more like a very packed joint/cigarette and pretty much can only draw into my mouth with it dry... but closing the carb through glass works better. I like it with a little bit of rayon and oil.

@The Stranger yeah about .05g. I don't own an E-nano so I can't really compare to that. Somebody early in the thread mentioned they could fit .05-.1g max but found a little less to work better.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm not sure, honestly. I asked for it to match my short stem but didn't specify wood. Could be Blackwood but it feels different to me. Maybe wenghe? That's dark and stripe-y as I recall. @VapCap Maybe George can enlighten us?

I believe that is a blue mahoe mouthpiece, George posted them a while ago and they have the grain in a swirling pattern like that, dark but not quite black. I am getting one with my order as well (among others, love all the exotic wood variety with these amazing modular parts!)

b0

Cloudy...
I'll have to check mine but I definitely don't get much air through the cap but I do think there's some. It works because the hole allows air to flow up along the outside of the condenser and past the herb then through the condenser into your mouth.

I used to get the denser draws just with the carb closed and puffing like a cigar using a Ti Glassy.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@jimfish4130 I haven't got my shit together to check properly but at a guess I am getting twice as long out of a tank of gas and spinning is so much easier.

@The Stranger I vacuum my loads and had a count up. 0.05g was my average.

@Sand I think it's a process used to black firearms.

@Oogendoogan If you heat nearer the cap, on the D, you can get lower temp hits. I did a bowl yesterday and stopped well before the click on my first heat cycle, had a few hits lite vapor with plenty of flavor, then did the same thing again, twice, each time well before the click and lite and tasty.
I thought it was spent so did the last cycle to the click. It was another WhereTF did that come from. Big hit loads of vapor.

Squiby

Which then lends the question, "how are people using their Dynastash/ER?

Do any of you use it just for the magnet and Vapcap storage? Do you stay home with it? Do you store your herb separately or do you store a day's (?) worth in it? Does the herb need to be ground or can you just shove a bud in there and tear off a bit at a time for use?

Or is it strictly an out and about device?

I have never used a dugout before and I am wondering about the practical aspects for those of you who have experience with one.

VapCap

Manufacturer
Does anyone use facebook any more?

I have a page there, and it is odd as I have almost as many followers here on the forum as I have likes on my facebook page. There are a few reviews there, but not many considering the number of these units I have shipped so far.
But I don't think it means much. I still feel things are going OK considering I don't get too many requests for a refund or cancellation.

So if anyone is interested in doing so, a few words on my page would be appreciated.

All that said. I am very grateful for the positive comments I have seen around the web, (here and reddit and wherever) and the nice pictures and videos of the Dynavap products.
I can tell you for sure we love what we do here. The thought of the joy our products hopefully bring to our customers is one of the most motivating things ever experienced.

I have hoped for a long time I would be able to be excited to go to work everyday. It has always been something I was looking forward to. Today is the day I realized I am now in that position. I get to go to work whenever I want, and as much as I want (which is all the time.)

This is awesome! I get to create and design cool things with exotic materials and get to really put my abilities to the test. For design, heat transfer, energy efficiency, and compound extraction, among other fun things. And all this on a daily basis. I think I have just come to the unexpected realization that I have created myself my own dream job. I can hardly believe how cool this is when Î think of all the cool things in the works, as well as the unknown ones in the future.

I look forward to the continued development of this project as it evolves into a community developed project. So to emphasize again.... All thoughts and feedback are welcomed into the collective.

Cheers,

George

lemmeadem

We love your work, George! :D @VapCap While you're here, I would just like to ask what the average temperature is on first click/what the temperature change rate needs to be to initiate the click,

Just wanted to ask if anyone who has an HA and a VapCap has tried using the HA in the way some Evo users have used their Evo - as a heating station for a VapCap?

lemmeadem

Ho-ly shit, that's so brilliant! I will absolutely be trying that when I get mine in. :nod:

Just tried it with my drilled-out HA (miraculously, my drilled teflon mouthpiece has the perfect diameter for the VapCap to slip into the HA, just a touch of room around the cap) and I might not be waiting long enough or I might not have left the HA on long enough or it might not be conduction-based enough to transfer enough heat to the VapCap but I never heard a click. :/

The material in the VapCap's chamber was spent when I pulled it out, though (used the HA at the highest temp, used the pump on a second bowl to similar results).

Sand

Flirting with Combustion
Does anyone use facebook any more?

I have a page there, and it is odd as I have almost as many followers here on the forum as I have likes on my facebook page. There are a few reviews there, but not many considering the number of these units I have shipped so far.
But I don't think it means much. I still feel things are going OK considering I don't get too many requests for a refund or cancellation.

So if anyone is interested in doing so, a few words on my page would be appreciated.

All that said. I am very grateful for the positive comments I have seen around the web, (here and reddit and wherever) and the nice pictures and videos of the Dynavap products.
I can tell you for sure we love what we do here. The thought of the joy our products hopefully bring to our customers is one of the most motivating things ever experienced.

I have hoped for a long time I would be able to be excited to go to work everyday. It has always been something I was looking forward to. Today is the day I realized I am now in that position. I get to go to work whenever I want, and as much as I want (which is all the time.)

This is awesome! I get to create and design cool things with exotic materials and get to really put my abilities to the test. For design, heat transfer, energy efficiency, and compound extraction, among other fun things. And all this on a daily basis. I think I have just come to the unexpected realization that I have created myself my own dream job. I can hardly believe how cool this is when Î think of all the cool things in the works, as well as the unknown ones in the future.

I look forward to the continued development of this project as it evolves into a community developed project. So to emphasize again.... All thoughts and feedback are welcomed into the collective.

Cheers,

George
Some of us sadly are in places in the U.S. where sharing VapCap stuff on facebook could cost someone a lot. I'd love to help in this way, but have to stick to word of mouth, this forum, and reddit basically for promoting this amazing vap(e).

On a different note and not to George in particular at all but more to the public (I know double posting is against the rules):
I do feel I get more convection (airflow) since I accidentally melted my glass tip with an overpowered torch. I used a Blazer Big Shot GT-something thousand to clean my ceramic screen and oven area and it's just not the proper tool for the job! I don't reccomend this at all as its now even more difficult to get my ceramic screen in place. I did notice a lot of people taking about how their OG was very restricted, so I wanted to say this. I might post pics later if anyone cares to show the deformity. I'd speculate its 20% more flow since the deformity I caused by user accident a few weeks ago. I don't yet have a torch lighter (believe or not). So the BIC I had was too sooty to use to clean the screen, my method worked but cause bowing of one "side" of the glass oven area.

On another note, I have been using my VC more and abandoned electric portables for the time being. I don't want to single out any vapes, but the reliability of electric vapes and difficulty of cleaning some were just a pain, even with my limited use of a portable. I just didn't have luck with 3 different electric portables in terms of reliability.

I'm planning a 100 day hike in a bit shy of a year (USA, one of the triple crown hikes), and a VC (either OV or Ti woody probably with OG as backup) will be my vapes. I hope storage tubes/DynaStash for XL and and maybe an OV XL will be in the works I really trust my VC and some of my other vapes have let me down on hikes (not even getting wet or dropped). I still haven't made my final decision on my next VC but I doubt I will be let down. If anyone has VC backpacking/hiking experience let me know. I'm particularly interested in saving fuel/combining lighter fluid/camp stove/lighter stuff. Every gram counts!

I wanted to post a pic of some ghetto engineering I did that turned out much better than anticipated with my OG. I have a 510 drip tip made of silicone, and I'm going to sell the vape that I was using it for, so I thought of alternative uses. I only really use my UD and my VC, so I had this idea to Frankenstein a fat tip with the drip tip. I was jealous hearing of the TiWoody people with the XL length.

I use carb closed 99% of the time, especially since the oven glass deformity.

Although I still have have only a regular condenser, I extended the VC ~1.5cm with this little mod. This is a silicone drip tip from ebay, I think like $2-4. I started by carving an attempted "expanded circle" in the mouthpiece opening tip. I used a mora companion knife , and it was sloppy looking and didnt make a good enough seal for me (tested by taking cap off and covering oven end and carb and inhaling). I had the idea to cut the end off like someone suggested for increased water piece milking. I used scissors and it worked great although its not that sexy. I only had leatherman style CS tiny scissors, I bet larger scissors or sharp shears would be better. I can only get the *tiniest* bit of air in while doing the inhale and cover test, less than my 14-18mm adapter for my WP has, for example. I was very surprised how tight the seal was. VC has very little draw resistance so this was important to me. I jammed the 510 tip in there as far as it seemed to want to go to get the best seal.

The vapor IS noticeably a little cooler, although silicone imparts *very* a slight taste, I think it was worth it. This fatty MP was already ISO soaked and kinda stiff, an un soaked/"new" one may perform better or worse as far as seal I'm not sure. I have no desire to take this MP out, the small distance increase makes it feel like the vapor is cooler, and the smaller diameter of the MP makes it feel more natural to take joint or cig like mouth pulls. Vapor amount seems higher but that is likely some sort of illusion/misunderstanding. Hope someone else tries this and it helps them as well!

One ebay seller (not affiliated): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Soft-Silico...hash=item1c5ea643a9:m:m7XPz5RmVai7QkUE1CZgZKw

RI1oQkh.jpg

Last edited:

Kalessin

CLK3jCy.jpg

w9OrLdW.jpg

was gonna share this. It isn't perfect, but I've been using it and enjoy it greatly. This is @Ratchett 's Grasshopper case. I bought two and I've repurposed this one as my Vapcap case. It holds my Vapcap in tube, and two doobtubes (one for fresh herb one for vaped) and my standard size stem in the pen pocket.

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Some of us sadly are in places in the U.S. where sharing VapCap stuff on facebook could cost someone a lot. I'd love to help in this way, but have to stick to word of mouth, this forum, and reddit basically for promoting this amazing vap(e).

This. I support & would tell anyone to buy any Dynavap product with confidence but not on social media from a professional standpoint.

I only really use my UD and my VCi

You really don't need much more as far as I am concerned. I know I don't :2c:.

I decided to make a all glass VonG so my OG still gets some love & have 14 & 18mm adapters so my bases are covered.

x7bIKGgl.jpg

This really is a vape where I foresee a lot of home baked innovations & creations being constructed that will compliment what @VapCap evolve from a very simple core principal (heat a product to X temperature band to allow extraction of Y compounds).

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
This. I support & would tell anyone to buy any Dynavap product with confidence but not on social media from a professional standpoint.

You really don't need much more as far as I am concerned. I know I don't :2c:.

I decided to make a all glass VonG so my OG still gets some love & have 14 & 18mm adapters so my bases are covered.

x7bIKGgl.jpg

This really is a vape where I foresee a lot of home baked innovations & creations being constructed that will compliment what @VapCap evolve from a very simple core principal (heat a product to X temperature band to allow extraction of Y compounds).
I wrapped a 1/4 inch length of 1/2 inch silicone tubing around the end of the black mouthpiece. It fits into 14mm joints and you don't even have to take it off to put it into the tube! Simple to slide off the mouthpiece if you want to use it that way.

Oogendoogan

@jimfish4130 I haven't got my shit together to check properly but at a guess I am getting twice as long out of a tank of gas and spinning is so much easier.

@The Stranger I vacuum my loads and had a count up. 0.05g was my average.

@Sand I think it's a process used to black firearms.

@Oogendoogan If you heat nearer the cap, on the D, you can get lower temp hits. I did a bowl yesterday and stopped well before the click on my first heat cycle, had a few hits lite vapor with plenty of flavor, then did the same thing again, twice, each time well before the click and lite and tasty.
I thought it was spent so did the last cycle to the click. It was another WhereTF did that come from. Big hit loads of vapor.
Yeah I'm figuring it out! i watched the pens game earlier with a buddy and we used his Evo among other great vapes.. When I get home a VapCap bowl through water still truely satisfies me. I am a higher temp vaper, I start at 390 and work up so this thing can get me two large hits at a temperature I like. Will have to put through more low temp testing but I think strategy will make perfect as I said before. Anyway I will be making a more detailed report of my experience with the VapCap soon. Cheers!
stay vaped:leaf:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I wrapped a 1/4 inch length of 1/2 inch silicone tubing around the end of the black mouthpiece. It fits into 14mm joints and you don't even have to take it off to put it into the tube! Simple to slide off the mouthpiece if you want to use it that way.

I have tried the same & used the fat mouthpiece as well in my 14mm pieces but they don't seal as securely as GonG connections. I also just wanted an all glass airpath & I have a few whip adapters laying around doing 3/5 of fuck all much like my OG was :).

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@VapCap, George, you might consider a little flair to the mouthpieces, by adding color options for those who like to dress up their VC.

The basic black is fine, adding a little color would be nice, say to match the VC containers, if not a rainbow of choices!

Ditto on the Caps themselves, if that is possible. :shrug:

Just sayin.

b0

Cloudy...
The dynastash is the container. It closes tight so it stays clean.

The problem is that when I want to clean the inside of the dynastash I can't Use ISO or anything like that and kief/flowers are gonna make it sticky and build up.

So having the chance to put a container or sleeve inside would be awesome, something like the glass inserts of the Jyarz.

Anyone know something that would fit or can tell me the size so I can search some kind of tube/container to use?

Thx guys!

Top Bottom