NickDlow

Log Hog
@Vapeconvert

I am having the same issue as you. I am having trouble getting it to pack. I was able to get it packed by 'scooping' it across the bottom and it seemed to work. I haven't tried yet again because I've been busy with family stuff. I will report back with more findings when I get a chance.

Does the straw method work? Sucking it up rather than pressing down and packing.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Does the straw method work? Sucking it up rather than pressing down and packing.

So far it's worked for me but I haven't done more then a dozen bowls yet and like any dugout the herb get's very compacted while your digging it out so I've had to stir up the bud to loosen it up in the Stash in-order to just suck it up.

hope that makes some wake 'n' vake sense.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The inner condenser tube is indeed twisted to maximize condensation.

:peace:
Fits right in with this crowd...
What should I search to keep an eye on confirmation emails?
"dynavap" in the from field

I'm expecting/hoping to see mine today or tomorrow or wednesday. George was working Christmas Eve and mailed me that he had just packed it up. :)

Remember, George, "Every time a bell rings..."

Farid

In chomping on the vapcap to hold it in my teeth I cracked the body. I decided to take the opportunity to install a blackwood mouthpiece. I cut the cracked section of my wooden body, and added this mouthpiece I had from a hash pipe. It works the same as before, but now I can hold the vapcap easily in my mouth.
Vc6xzjU.jpg

This is the color my vaped bud as been coming out. Very dark brown, coffee colored. The ashtray is an artillery shell from my grandfather's tour in the Pacific.
wuwDfNB.jpg

SmokeyTheBeard

I have lurked on this site for a few years but never felt compelled to sign up and post until now.

I received a glass VapCap on 12/24/15. I have used Bics, a Torch lighter, and a Zippo with the VapCap and all get great results (torch definitely heats up the fastest). Really enjoyable and simple to use. Efficient and effective. Ordered a DynaStash a few hours after receiving the VapCap because this unit will be getting a lot of use.

Highly recommend this vape for anyone on the fence about it.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I have lurked on this site for a few years but never felt compelled to sign up and post until now.

I received a glass VapCap on 12/24/15. I have used Bics, a Torch lighter, and a Zippo with the VapCap and all get great results (torch definitely heats up the fastest). Really enjoyable and simple to use. Efficient and effective. Ordered a DynaStash a few hours after receiving the VapCap because this unit will be getting a lot of use.

Highly recommend this vape for anyone on the fence about it.

Welcome to the clubs. Club VapCap and Club FC. I tend to prefer results from torches but glad to hear someone is successfully using other sources

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
I do like my VapCap, but still find myself wanting a larger bowl to have fewer sessions. Was thinking instead of wider bowl, make it longer and deeper (and maybe a teensy bit wider too) so you'd just have to torch a longer length of cap. I don't have any issues with draw restriction, so I think it could handle it. Just an idea, may not be feasible.

Vapeconvert

OK, I will have to give it a try after work... I broke out my little scoop I bought from new vape for my pax, but I will keep it in my pocket until I try the "straw" method.... Thanks

Vapeconvert,
Reactions: Madcap79

anasrzi

Mines just snapped inside the cap :( I've managed to bodge together the parts so it still functions (or I hope it does, find out later). I've taken out the condenser tube and used cotton wool as a new guaze it's a few cm smaller than it came via vap cap but I'm still hoping it will work ok for the time being and look into getting a wooden version however I've seen they have also cracked at the base :(

Everything seemed fine last time I used it, even showed my friend earlier today how it works and it was fine then. My current thinking is it must have had a micro crack around that area and it's taken its toll with all the heating and re heating, did make a double click so maybe it wasn't right from the start, who knows

I love the cap, design and customer service I'm hoping there's a work around?

Keep up the good work George tho we all love this little,stealthy one hitter ;)

bounce5

I just got my vapcaps today. My first impression is that it is delicate. The vapcap itself is quite thin, and the mouthpiece smells like a strong smelling plastic. Then I tried one bowl and it works well! The plastic mouthpiece taste wasn't too bad once I had herb in it. It extracts much quicker than the Vapman, which could be a good thing in some scenarios. Although in the VM you can extract it quickly too if you heat it up a lot. George sent me one glass vapcap with a frosted tip (like a ground glass connection) where the cap attaches to the bowl. I like the frosted tip a lot better than the standard smooth glass tip. It attaches the cap onto the tip a bit more securely. It does have a tighter draw than the Vapman, but it isn't bad. So overall, my first impressions are good. Excited to use it some more.

Last edited:

geraldus

Got my Vapcap Saturday ! Only tried it a couple of times so far , but I'm not disappointed . Plenty of vapor , but a smooth draw , really enjoying it . And looking forward to experimenting with it and learning how to use even better . And definitely gonna get a ti woodie .

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
I have used Bics, a Torch lighter, and a Zippo with the VapCap and all get great results (torch definitely heats up the fastest).

This is good to know. I was intending to break out the zippo that my brother gave me a few years ago for use with this vape when more stealth than the torch is required.

I also want to be able to have relaxing slower sessions sitting with a candle beside me for the heat source. This works well with the Vaponic, but i expect/hope that the Vapcap's click will take the guesswork away and reduce likelyhood of overcooking. Making for an even more chilled session.

bounce5

I'm sure the candle and bic and even a match would work, but you WILL get soot from those heat sources that you won't get from a torch. And because you have to handle the cap that may not be ideal.

Just sayin...

Would the soot ruin the vapcap? I'm thinking of trying the candle tonight...

bounce5,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Right, it isn't going to damage the cap. It just may be a little messy. NBD, I would just use a torch if I had one.

cybrguy,
Reactions: Vapenvy

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
Totally agree with the above two comments, however sometimes (for me) longer heat up time without the clicky clicky torch is much more stealth, such as late at night at home. No need for speed. I will likely almost always use a torch out and about. Definately much more stealth to have quick heating out and about.

Yeah, the soot thing makes it messy but a quick wipe from a tissue can sort that out (no sniggering, we are all adults here, aren't we?), and i will have the magnet on the stash to also help here. I use a candle with the vaponic but since that relies more on visual cues, the soot is more annoying, but still managable. Hoping the vapcap shines here as i don't need to see the load.

The tips above are extremely important though for those who are just getting into this type of vape. The torch is always best but what has drawn me to this vape is the versatility in heating options.

I hope i am not coming across as a knowitall with these comments...I don't mean to, i just like options.

Edit-too slow. Make that "Totally agree with the above 4 comments"

bounce5

I just used a candle and noticed three problematic things. First, it made quite a lot of soot and it stained the ground glass area. Not coming off easily. Hopefully when I clean it with iso it will come off. Second, due to the fact that the vapcap is rough around the edges when I went to clean it off with a napkin it catches the napkin on it's sharp edge - so then you have bits of napkin that got caught on the edge and will now burn and cause more soot....:\... Would be nice if the edge of the cap was sanded smooth - that way you could easily wipe the cap off when using bics and candles that create soot. And thirdly, it just doesn't work as well with the candle. The vapor was a lot wispier. After I cleaned it off the result was that it darkened the cap quite a bit, which I liked. Looks like a darker gray, although still shiny of course.

Another annoying thing I noticed is that when you lift the cap off to check the herb status it tends to pull a few pieces of the herb up into th cap. I guess there's nothing you can do about that. Not a big deal. And it takes a bit longer than the second cool down click to be able to handle the cap. But it does work well. And it hits surprisingly smoothly. Smoother than the Vapman with it's short stem.

Last edited:
Top Bottom