coolbreeze

I have a feeling though that this might finally be my Woodscents model...
I was right, just took me two years to get around to it. Got a '22 Woodscents, finally! @Ed's TnT craftsmanship is legendary and having this in hand, you can feel the quality and care that went into its production. I believe he will soon be releasing this year's batch.

I though I'd post it here because in a world of various induction heaters, there's also this amazing thing. It's pricier than many IHs and it is not geared for one-hit lung-busters. But it is amazingly flavorful and extremely efficient, and it transforms the Dynavap into a heady little convection vape. Half a bowl is like a half-dozen full hits with flavor on par with any vape, and the flavor generally lasts much further through the bowl. It's taken up a permanent place on my desk because it's easy to use in moderation and very effective.

I've been using Dynavaps for years on a daily basis, never really tiring of them. But the Woodscents has made them exciting again.

IMG-6955.jpg
IMG-6953.jpg
IMG-6956.jpg

Comfortably Numb

I was right, just took me two years to get around to it. Got a '22 Woodscents, finally! @Ed's TnT craftsmanship is legendary and having this in hand, you can feel the quality and care that went into its production. I believe he will soon be releasing this year's batch.

I though I'd post it here because in a world of various induction heaters, there's also this amazing thing. It's pricier than many IHs and it is not geared for one-hit lung-busters. But it is amazingly flavorful and extremely efficient, and it transforms the Dynavap into a heady little convection vape. Half a bowl is like a half-dozen full hits with flavor on par with any vape, and the flavor generally lasts much further through the bowl. It's taken up a permanent place on my desk because it's easy to use in moderation and very effective.

I've been using Dynavaps for years on a daily basis, never really tiring of them. But the Woodscents has made them exciting again.

IMG-6955.jpg
IMG-6953.jpg
IMG-6956.jpg
I am not listening to you!!!

condition

If I am out of dynavap titanium CCDs, would it make more sense using dynavap steel CCD on a titanium tip, or a CCD from Vestratto Anvil?

condition,

coolbreeze

If I am out of dynavap titanium CCDs, would it make more sense using dynavap steel CCD on a titanium tip, or a CCD from Vestratto Anvil?
If they both fit, go with what you have more of. People were using the SS CCDs to replace the Ti ones that 'shrink,' so it shouldn't be an issue.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: condition

condition

If they both fit, go with what you have more of. People were using the SS CCDs to replace the Ti ones that 'shrink,' so it shouldn't be an issue.
Thanks. ATM I am using the helix tip at half bowl setting, low temp cap, flat mouthpiece from simrell and wooden stem, high flow filter with single hole opening, paired with the Wand. Very tasty microdoser, and attractive looking and feeling. I thought that it couldn't get better tip than simrell's 9 fin, but the helix is equal.

Only downside stiff cleaning processes.

condition,

coolbreeze

Thanks. ATM I am using the helix tip at half bowl setting, low temp cap, flat mouthpiece from simrell and wooden stem, high flow filter with single hole opening, paired with the Wand. Very tasty microdoser, and attractive looking and feeling. I thought that it couldn't get better tip than simrell's 9 fin, but the helix is equal.
Agree, very different but equally awesome. The 9-fin's great for hash or one-hits and the Helix with the perf cap is like vaping a cloud; great airflow for bongs. Sounds like yours is a very nice setup. Pics?
Only downside stiff cleaning processes.
lol. Yeah, I could do better... ; )

coolbreeze,
Reactions: condition

coolbreeze

Thanks, do you use half bowl? here is the pic ;)
Nice pipe, man! Pup says, "Have you ever really looked at a Dynavap?"

I use the half-bowl off and on. If I need to slow things down a little the half-bowl's still really effective and they tend to take over most of my vaping then. Do you have a preferred tip for half and full?

condition

Nice pipe, man! Pup says, "Have you ever really looked at a Dynavap?"

I use the half-bowl off and on. If I need to slow things down a little the half-bowl's still really effective and they tend to take over most of my vaping then. Do you have a preferred tip for half and full?
No, but since you mentioned in the previous post, using Helix tip with bongs because of its airflow: I have the following setup
Helix tip
Bonger (adapter)
Prophet (glass pipe)
Would you choose a perforated cap or low temp cap for heating with IH? I mean, do I need the additional airflow of the perforated cap with this setup?
Finally the Bonger seems unpopular here. I don't have any other adapter or BB series or glass stems. Would it be better to go with strong arm adapter with wider vapor path, or even a vong (with a hole which I do not think I need with ths setup), thanks.

coolbreeze

No, but since you mentioned in the previous post, using Helix tip with bongs because of its airflow: I have the following setup
Helix tip
Bonger (adapter)
Prophet (glass pipe)
Check:
IMG-7002.jpg

Would you choose a perforated cap or low temp cap for heating with IH? I mean, do I need the additional airflow of the perforated cap with this setup?
Ultimately up to you of course but from this experiment, it's clear the cap is the major difference in terms of airflow. The Bonger/condenser with the perf cap is definitely more open than the 3-way adapter with the low-temp cap; the wider vapor path is sort of rendered moot by the cap. Some folks have remarked that they don't like all the openness, but for me it's a no-brainer, especially in a situation like this or with a bubbler where you'd rather take direct-to-lung hits than mouth-to-lung hits.

Finally the Bonger seems unpopular here. I don't have any other adapter or BB series or glass stems. Would it be better to go with strong arm adapter with wider vapor path, or even a vong (with a hole which I do not think I need with ths setup), thanks.
It's a great piece of inexpensive gear. I think the perception is that it has a tight draw in comparison to the other options you've outlined, but I'm not so sure it's that bad. My issue is that your gear has to be clean enough to shove the condenser up into the bowl's neck (I'm lazy). The condenser's not necessary in this case, of course, but I think it's there to keep the silicone clean. If you feel any qualms about your airflow with your current gear, get a perf cap first and see how you like it. If that still doesn't open it up enough for your comfort, try a BB or strongarm. If it does open it up too much for you, then you still have a cap that covers part of the spectrum should you need it. With regards to the Vong, I'll never discourage anyone from the unique awesomeness which is the Vong, but the expense is unnecessary to address your dilemmas probably.

Last edited:

condition

Check:
IMG-7002.jpg

Ultimately up to you of course but from this experiment, it's clear the cap is the major difference in terms of airflow. The Bonger/condenser with the perf cap is definitely more open than the 3-way adapter with the low-temp cap; the wider vapor path is sort of rendered moot by the cap. Some folks have remarked that they don't like all the openness, but for me it's a no-brainer, especially in a situation like this or with a bubbler where you'd rather take direct-to-lung hits than mouth-to-lung hits.

It's a great piece of inexpensive gear. I think the perception is that it has a tight draw in comparison to the other options you've outlined, but I'm not so sure it's that bad. My issue is that your gear has to be clean enough to shove the condenser up into the bowl's neck (I'm lazy). The condenser's not necessary in this case, of course, but I think it's there to keep the silicone clean. If you feel any qualms about your airflow with your current gear, get a perf cap first and see how you like it. If that still doesn't open it up enough for your comfort, try a BB or strongarm. If it does open it up too much for you, then you still have a cap that covers part of the spectrum should you need it. With regards to the Vong, I'll never discourage anyone from the unique awesomeness which is the Vong, but the expense is unnecessary to address your dilemmas probably.
Thank you for your detailed reply. I have the perforated cap from simrell, different from yours. I hope mine works better ;)
The condenser of the bonger gets sticky very soon, thus I will order the 3 way adapter to expand my DV collection, awaiting madheaters to officially release the tempest, to place an order from Berlin. Is there any practical difference between the 2 perforated caps, Simrell's and DV?

condition,

coolbreeze

Thank you for your detailed reply. I have the perforated cap from simrell, different from yours. I hope mine works better ;)
The condenser of the bonger gets sticky very soon, thus I will order the 3 way adapter to expand my DV collection, awaiting madheaters to officially release the tempest, to place an order from Berlin. Is there any practical difference between the 2 perforated caps, Simrell's and DV?
Sounds like a plan. The 3-way will fit other tips, too, so it's good to have around. The caps are different, they're both tailored it seems toward the tip they're made for. The DV perf cap is more porous, and the perfs are located over the convection holes so it's a good bit more open than the Simrell perf cap on the Helix tip.

AndyO

Can anyone explain to me if the M7 XL is any sort of an upgrade? I have an Omni, a Vong, a Woodwynd, a TitaniuM, a 2021 M+ and a Revolve stem... this new one isn't going to give me anything I don't already have, hey?

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Can anyone explain to me if the M7 XL is any sort of an upgrade? I have an Omni, a Vong, a Woodwynd, a TitaniuM, a 2021 M+ and a Revolve stem... this new one isn't going to give me anything I don't already have, hey?
Perhaps I am jaded but I wouldn't call it an upgrade; more a sidewards move or a minor iteration that will be slightly different but not something that's going to knock your socks off as a unique experience in the Dynaverse.

Top Bottom