coolbreeze

Helix, RWW Convection Cap on a BB3 for excellent flavor and airflow through water:
IMG-5143.jpg

Weedaholic

Has anyone had recent dealings with thekatmandude or Dovetail Woodwork? I have outstanding orders with both of them for over a month and no word from either.
I put a order in a few weeks back from dovetail woodwork and still no reply to any emails..I don't know what's going on but he is adding stuff daily to his site...strange he is not replying to any emails about orders.

Weedaholic,

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Lee from Table Top Bong does a good review of the Ti Helix tip in the video below. Before I watched it I was luke warm about the idea of adding the Helix to my collection but Lee's enthusiasm and insightful explanations of the new tip features has me sold. More flavor plus added convection is welcome innovation.

Thanks to all for keeping this thread active over summer.

condition

So, in general, is the new helix tip is better heated with torch (like the armor cap) or an IH heats it equally well?

condition,

Gnome34

OMG, 19 minutes, I can’t get through this dudes reviews as they are 10x longer than they need to be, with little educational information. Like a 12 year old that just discovered YouTube. :(
Aw, I see your point but at least it isn't filled with ads and self promos. And he seems like a kind person.

I'm getting tired of the monetary influence on just about everything these days. Grumpy! 😂

Edit: I should clarify I AM being grumpy, not you.

Last edited:

Cannabiker

Anyone know if these fit using the wand with SK insert?
They do not fit with the SK insert, though the thin one fits without the insert. But they won't work very well, because an IH won't heat quartz. If you use a steel tip you can get it to heat up, but it doesn't impart much heat to the cap, so you don't get the heat sink benefit.

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
They do not fit with the SK insert, though the thin one fits without the insert. But they won't work very well, because an IH won't heat quartz. If you use a steel tip you can get it to heat up, but it doesn't impart much heat to the cap, so you don't get the heat sink benefit.
Thank you for the heads up!

PutOneInTheAir,

Bazinga

Tried the Rogue Cooling Unit. I like it and it was inexpensive. I have several DynaVaps and want to know if I should order additional Rogues or would the DynaVap BB6 midsection or the Glass Charley Spikey Cooling Stem provide better cooling. Thoughts?

coolbreeze

Tried the Rogue Cooling Unit. I like it and it was inexpensive. I have several DynaVaps and want to know if I should order additional Rogues or would the DynaVap BB6 midsection or the Glass Charley Spikey Cooling Stem provide better cooling. Thoughts?
I would try one. The glass stems are more open-hitting and they cool really well, and the flavor is prominent. Definitely recommend a BB if you want to go through water. The cooling units cool really well but add a little bit of restriction and they flatten flavor a bit compared to the BBs and GCs, imho.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: NYC_Frank
I put a order in a few weeks back from dovetail woodwork and still no reply to any emails..I don't know what's going on but he is adding stuff daily to his site...strange he is not replying to any emails about orders.
Hi yeah your not alone ,ive emailed a few times with questions and if its shipped but no answer
a label was created 5th. August i think and hasn’t moved
your right though the stock seams to move on the site
id say guys hang onto your money until someone posts they received something
G ,wish id been warned

Vapor-catzG,
Reactions: NYC_Frank

BiPolarBear

I've been abusing my Mightys for 5 years now. Love them. Wanted to try these Dynathingies and watched some YouTube videos. Wanted this set up because it's the best set up for hash imo. However I haven't tried hash yet. Got some AAAA OZs of flower (Pink Death Bubba, Pine Tar Kush) and they taste awesome in the Mighty. Everyone says there is more flavor in Dyna but that isn't my experience yet with this. And that's ok. This will have better results with hash than the Mighty ever can. Which is why I got it in the first place. Don't get me wrong I love it and the fact you can roast so many different ways but there simply isn't the same flavors as the Mighty for me. Probably because I wanted it for hash and I'm going for 1 heat up extractions with the Armored Cap for flower. I'll have to get a lower temp cap or Titanium tip and then see. I love the ritual of the Dynavap already. I like the high a lot. It's different than the Mighty. I can't believe how little flower produces such big rips. Super easy to use and got perfect roasts right away the first time I used it. The second rip really is bigger than the first with this set up. I was shocked. Glass caps are on the way AND a Sneaky Pete Mega Globe Mk2 Flat Earth edition coming this week and I'm pumped af to try a Mighty AND Dyna set up at the same freaking time!
b29nh7i5ronb1.webp

flit14k5ronb1.webp

Top Bottom