coolbreeze

After several days of using the new helix tip, I have switched back to my vong tip for day to day use. New and different worked for me for a while, but I am finding now that this tip requires too hard a pull to get the hit I want, similar to trying to hit with a fully open air port. It was worth a try, though.
I have to play with it some more but I'm finding it oddly warm-beyond-comfort. Not sure exactly what's happening as I've used a variety of other tips in various configs and varying levels of aggressiveness and have not experienced this before. Even through water I'm getting some kind of...I would call it harshness, but it's not really harsh, just hot. And not burning hot, just warmer than usual and causing a level of discomfort beyond what I'd expect form just the heat. I want to love it but I'm afraid I won't be able to use it.

I find that flavor stays good even when the volume suggests overheating, but I cough on every hit. I'm gonna have to figure this one out.

jbm

I have to play with it some more but I'm finding it oddly warm-beyond-comfort. Not sure exactly what's happening as I've used a variety of other tips in various configs and varying levels of aggressiveness and have not experienced this before. Even through water I'm getting some kind of...I would call it harshness, but it's not really harsh, just hot. And not burning hot, just warmer than usual and causing a level of discomfort beyond what I'd expect form just the heat. I want to love it but I'm afraid I won't be able to use it.

I find that flavor stays good even when the volume suggests overheating, but I cough on every hit. I'm gonna have to figure this one out.
I have 2 now. I’ve been using one on my Revolve Gen 2 and it’s cool and delicious (using the Wand.) The second is on a Simrell thaya burl vortex but hasn’t been used yet while I take a little break after a recent Covid exposure.

coolbreeze

I have 2 now. I’ve been using one on my Revolve Gen 2 and it’s cool and delicious (using the Wand.) The second is on a Simrell thaya burl vortex but hasn’t been used yet while I take a little break after a recent Covid exposure.
I tried it last night on my bb3 and it was the best so far. That might be the way for me, but I am gonna try it on my Revolve v1 later. Hope you get well soon.

coolbreeze,

jbm

I tried it last night on my bb3 and it was the best so far. That might be the way for me, but I am gonna try it on my Revolve v1 later. Hope you get well soon.
Thanks. I’m not actually sick, I’m just waiting to test. I figure if there’s a chance I have it I should abstain.

MmFlood

Does anyone know about any decent cheap diy induction heater kits? I know about vapoven but he's Mia for a month.

MmFlood,

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
After reading all the thread about the want, I'm pretty sold on it and IHs in general. Personally I will always love torches. But for on the go the wand seems like a better option for my situation.

BeltedCoyote,

Bazinga

Came late to DynaVap. Pretty remarkable device. The Rogue Works cooling stems (I guess they aren’t really stems) are very affordable. Can anyone verify that they experience a reduction in the heat. Somehow (I know how) I ended up with 4 2021Ms and 2 B6s. I am amazed how hard they hit with such little material.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I was geared up on getting the new tip till reading some reviews. sounds like vapor is not as dense is previous offerings due to airflow? am I reading this right?

Chaudepeace

Hi everybody!
What do you think of the vong 2021 as my first dynavap, knowing that I may never use it on a water filter?
In classic use, is it really worth it compared to another model in the same price range (or cheaper)?
Otherwise I was thinking of making my own setup with a stem glass Vaphit, the titanium tip of the omni and a captiv'cap?
What do you think about?
Thanks.

Dutch-Mic

If you’re not planning to use it with a bubbler then a M+ or the combination that you proposed is perfectly fine in my opinion. The choices that I would make:

- Durable and affordable: 21M/M+.
- Most affordable titanium option/bubbler use: Vong 21.
- Luxury titanium option: 2021 Omni.
- Smoothest dry hits: any tip with a glass cooling stem or third party cooling stems.

coolbreeze

Hi everybody!
What do you think of the vong 2021 as my first dynavap, knowing that I may never use it on a water filter?
In classic use, is it really worth it compared to another model in the same price range (or cheaper)?
Otherwise I was thinking of making my own setup with a stem glass Vaphit, the titanium tip of the omni and a captiv'cap?
What do you think about?
Thanks.
If you never use it on a waterpipe, there's no particular advantage over the M except for the adjustable air inlet and aspects of the titanium. If you think you'll begin to use a waterpipe or j-hook, or just really like the look and feel of it, get the Vong and save yourself some time and money. I love mine and use it all day every day--you won't be disappointed.

Otherwise your glass plan is solid. I have a vaphit stem and if you need a lot of cooling, it cools really well. The Omni tip does flavor well so I might go for a glass cooling stem that sacrifices a little less flavor for cooling, captive cap is fine. My only caution is break the stem, you're out of commission.

My recommendation: get the M/M+ and add a BB6 if you want the option to go through water/glass, unless you really want the Vong. Added up, these won't save $$ over the Vong, but they will have a bit more flexibility and allow you to try various approaches while you figure out what you like.

Most important, get a stash w/magnet so you can train yourself to take a hit and set it down to cool. The magnet will prevent so many combusted hits!

Last edited:

Farid

I was geared up on getting the new tip till reading some reviews. sounds like vapor is not as dense is previous offerings due to airflow? am I reading this right?

I wouldn't exactly agree with that assessment (assuming you're talking about the helix)

The vapor production happens within a shorter window, but during that window a larger amount of vapor is produced. The draw restriction is looser, but it still produces dense enough vapor for satisfying mouth to lung hits.

Flavor is noticably improved, and the bud comes out greener while still producing clouds.

While the vapor is slightly more airy due to the increased airflow, the clouds are also bigger during the initial inhale, due to vapor being displaced more easily.

I was afraid that the new tip would be too airy and wouldn't work MTL - which is what I love about the DV. I was pleasantly surprised, and would take the improved flavor any day over the slight loss in draw restriction.

Dustin McKief

I really enjoy my wood Vong (smallest bowl setting, vaphit collar and mouthpeace mini filter) and don’t own any water pieces. The larger diameter feels good in the hand, and I prefer the faster heat up/down of titanium.

However, as others have said it could be wiser to start with a smaller investment to see if you like the design and ritual of a vapcap (or have you tried it before?).

Petetbay

What do you think of the vong 2021 as my first dynavap,
Can’t go wrong with the vong, I love mine, has perfect feel, just bought another for a ridiculously low price.
Otherwise I was thinking of making my own setup with a stem glass Vaphit,
The Vaphit looks nice, I need to investigate I like glass stems.

Chaudepeace

If you’re not planning to use it with a bubbler then a M+ or the combination that you proposed is perfectly fine in my opinion. The choices that I would make:

- Durable and affordable: 21M/M+.
- Most affordable titanium option/bubbler use: Vong 21.
- Luxury titanium option: 2021 Omni.
- Smoothest dry hits: any tip with a glass cooling stem or third party cooling stems.

If you never use it on a waterpipe, there's no particular advantage over the M except for the adjustable air inlet and aspects of the titanium. If you think you'll begin to use a waterpipe or j-hook, or just really like the look and feel of it, get the Vong and save yourself some time and money. I love mine and use it all day every day--you won't be disappointed.

Otherwise your glass plan is solid. I have a vaphit stem and if you need a lot of cooling, it cools really well. The Omni tip does flavor well so I might go for a glass cooling stem that sacrifices a little less flavor for cooling, captive cap is fine. My only caution is break the stem, you're out of commission.

My recommendation: get the M/M+ and add a BB6 if you want the option to go through water/glass, unless you really want the Vong. Added up, these won't save $$ over the Vong, but they will have a bit more flexibility and allow you to try various approaches while you figure out what you like.

Most important, get a stash w/magnet so you can train yourself to take a hit and set it down to cool. The magnet will prevent so many combusted hits!

I really enjoy my wood Vong (smallest bowl setting, vaphit collar and mouthpeace mini filter) and don’t own any water pieces. The larger diameter feels good in the hand, and I prefer the faster heat up/down of titanium.

However, as others have said it could be wiser to start with a smaller investment to see if you like the design and ritual of a vapcap (or have you tried it before?).

Can’t go wrong with the vong, I love mine, has perfect feel, just bought another for a ridiculously low price.

The Vaphit looks nice, I need to investigate I like glass stems.

Thanks a lot for your answers.
I will read them carefully to make my choice wisely.
Thanks again. 👍

Madtater

So. I have never even looked at this thread before because, well, i had no interest in the dynavap.

Well, my uncle gave me an M to try. Haven’t tried it yet (probably tonight ), but i have been doing some research.

If i were to “like” the M, i would be purchasing my own. I kinda like the idea of the omni with the changeable airflow and the titanium single point heating. But i am not too familiar with this device so am looking for some pointer/advice…..or should i just “create your own” dynavap.

I am just curious if there is any reason why i should not invest in the omni IF i like the M.

Also i am curious if everyone is using just a plain torch for heat or if most people are using a heating device like the ispire or ufo. I partake in a weekly cigar or 2, so i have a myriad of different 1-4 flame torches with a couple tabletop torches as well, so torch heat won’t be a problem.

Cheers

coolbreeze

So. I have never even looked at this thread before because, well, i had no interest in the dynavap.

Well, my uncle gave me an M to try. Haven’t tried it yet (probably tonight ), but i have been doing some research.

If i were to “like” the M, i would be purchasing my own. I kinda like the idea of the omni with the changeable airflow and the titanium single point heating. But i am not too familiar with this device so am looking for some pointer/advice…..or should i just “create your own” dynavap.

I am just curious if there is any reason why i should not invest in the omni IF i like the M.

Also i am curious if everyone is using just a plain torch for heat or if most people are using a heating device like the ispire or ufo. I partake in a weekly cigar or 2, so i have a myriad of different 1-4 flame torches with a couple tabletop torches as well, so torch heat won’t be a problem.

Cheers
I just gave my niece an M and she took right to it, got it down and ended up good and stoned with her first bowl, heated with a torch.

I love the Omni and recommend it highly. The adjustable airflow, extra length for cooling and handling, the flavorful tip, the weight/feel. I think the one advantage the M has besides price is that the SS is more forgiving, so it requires less technique and can be a tad more flexible, I feel. However, most people prefer the Ti tips for their faster heating and cooling, and usually better flavor. My only caveat is that if you like going through water, look at the Vong--it's similarly awesome at what it does.

If you create your own, just be sure to have a backup stem if your first choice is glass.

I have few different IHs and they are great for consistency and ease, but I much prefer a single flame torch. Once you have it down--and it's really not hard--you will have much more control over the type of hit you want, and you'll feel more connected to your device. I use the torch maybe 70% of the time, and mostly use a heater outside if it's windy, or inside to protect the color on a cap.

Hope you enjoy it, I find them really fun and useful.

Top Bottom