coolbreeze

Hmmm. So it is noticeably different than other tips, yes? Hard to know until you have had it for a while if this is a good or bad thing. I may have to give it a go...

At a minimum it looks very pretty in the pics...
It seems different; I was surprised by the big first hit and the evenness after a couple hits. So far I think it seems pretty good.

Interesting. Since it's Ti I kind of expected it to be a flavor and airflow beast with its crazy geometry and seeming lack of mass
Exactly. I did not notice anything special with flavor (but I think I was sort of caught off guard by the volume); I will have to check this specifically. Likewise the airflow: I did a quick pull test on a few DVs I have at hand and it does seem more open, but it's not a huge difference. My initial impression is that it's a good looking Ti tip that handles heating a little better.

I hope I don't have reason to reevaluate, but i wanted to post these quick thoughts before the discount ends. I think it's worth trying it out, no real downside I can see.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
It seems different; I was surprised by the big first hit and the evenness after a couple hits. So far I think it seems pretty good.

Exactly. I did not notice anything special with flavor (but I think I was sort of caught off guard by the volume); I will have to check this specifically. Likewise the airflow: I did a quick pull test on a few DVs I have at hand and it does seem more open, but it's not a huge difference. My initial impression is that it's a good looking Ti tip that handles heating a little better.

I hope I don't have reason to reevaluate, but i wanted to post these quick thoughts before the discount ends. I think it's worth trying it out, no real downside I can see.

I thank you for taking the proverbial hit for science lol that said, I'm quite interested to see what further testing reveals.

BeltedCoyote,
Reactions: coolbreeze

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Done.
And I appreciate your doing so. A lower mass tip is an interesting idea worth trying out.
I haven't ordered from DV in a while and their new "while you are here get this or this at 20% off" thing almost got me. Almost. ;)

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Really curious to hear how people are liking the helix tips.
The Helix Ti with Revolve 2.0 really is worth it. I was quite taken aback by the step change, even from 1.0 to 2.0. (Although this might just be me achieving my optimal settings faster. Regardless.)
I've given my FMJ away since discovering the Helix. Because I don't need the extra heft. Best of luck with your set up

Zenhen

The new ti Helix is definitely on my next buy list. I'm a very big fan of their ti tips. Lately I have been surprised at just how much I am loving the b tip with the permanent half bowl setting too. Still quite flavorful and, with the added heat retention of ss, great through water.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Ordering my m+ Monday. Vas is strong in this one so I watched the Troy and jerry interview with George over the m+….

All I can say is after hearing the physics of the wee beastie and seeing Jerry rip it per George’s instructions…
Super Troopers Hd GIF

I thought the rips I got on my old woody were lung busters.
Assuming this thing can work like a traditional Dynavap if one desires…this thing might be….dare I say it…
blinking trailer park boys GIF
Deeee-cent

coolbreeze

The Helix Ti with Revolve 2.0 really is worth it.
Do you feel the tip needs the cooling, hence your pairing? To me the vapor seemed a bit warm but it may have been because the hits seemed big.

I'll have to try it with my V1.

Ordering my m+ Monday. Vas is strong in this one so I watched the Troy and jerry interview with George over the m+….

All I can say is after hearing the physics of the wee beastie and seeing Jerry rip it per George’s instructions…
Super Troopers Hd GIF

I thought the rips I got on my old woody were lung busters.
Assuming this thing can work like a traditional Dynavap if one desires…this thing might be….dare I say it…
blinking trailer park boys GIF
Deeee-cent

Lol. I love the '21M but the M+ is totally worthy.
3WXo.gif

Perfect_Speed4069

Do you feel the tip needs the cooling, hence your pairing?
Tbf this post was as much about the stem as the tip. Both are outstanding but I had to check I was actually getting vapour the first couple of times using the 2.0, as the inhalations were so cool. I go through glass with just about everything, so a vapcap on a metal stem is unusual for me these days

condition

I am using the helical 9 fin tip from Simrell with revolve v2 and perforated cap from Simrell. It is an excellent combo, the best I have tried so far and replaced my previous setup with revolve and 5 fin ti tip. I really like the thick 9 fin tip. I use it also at half bowl setting, it is so easy to set the CCD at half bowl in view of thicker tip (reload v1 CCD adjuster does not even fit inside the tip).

In other news, I broke the glass insert with the bottom of the Wand's adapter. At the moment I use the bottomless with the silicone sleeve around and a screen at the end of the sleeve, so the DV doesn't go all the way down. I really prefer not to use the silicone sleeve and just load the glass directly to the wand. Is there a way to use the bottomless glass without the silicone? I prefer not to order new adapter, as I have a new order on the works for a different IH.

condition,

maskedcorrespondent

XQ2, Dynaverse, Xmax
Tbf this post was as much about the stem as the tip. Both are outstanding but I had to check I was actually getting vapour the first couple of times using the 2.0, as the inhalations were so cool. I go through glass with just about everything, so a vapcap on a metal stem is unusual for me these days
What are your airport/mouthpiece settings? I'm really digging my Revolv V2, but still trying to dial in a combination for thick hits.

maskedcorrespondent,

coolbreeze

I am using the helical 9 fin tip from Simrell
Yeah, I can recommend this one, too. I'm not usually looking to finish a bowl in one hit, but with the 9-fin i can hardly avoid it. It's a great bowl for the Omnivong. I think the Helix may be my Vong bowl as it's also productive and warm.

Edit: Ah, this is nice--the Helix on the Vong with @RogueGuy's thinner quartz Convection Cap. First try, works really nicely for big, blue hits!
IMG-4961.jpg

Edit 2: Holy crap, this is a nice way to go!

Last edited:

Perfect_Speed4069

What are your airport/mouthpiece settings? I'm really digging my Revolv V2, but still trying to dial in a combination for thick hits.
If I want thick hits I go to my Dani Fusion. For some reason I love the V2 and helix with a little more air, so my settings will be way too open for the rich thick vapour you want, which you'll get from a more restricted setting. The manual repays careful attention, although it can feel overwhelming. If you go with a clear "this is what I'm looking for in terms of vapour thickness vs flavour" you'll find something that looks about right, and that's your starting point. If it's super dense clouds you're after, I believe there's a second V2 condenser that does just this, but I might have it confused with something else.

Perfect_Speed4069,

coolbreeze

I think I’m going to order my m+ ditectly from dynavap. And I think I’ll eventually need to get a 21m. Because backups are important
You're gonna love the M+. I think the other presents the opportunity to experiment. You could get am M tip and one of the BB stems (since you'd have the M+ stem to switch to as a backup) or the M tip and a Vong body if you know you like going through water, or an M tip and Bonger if you wanna go cheap, etc. Not to dissuade you as I love the '21M and recommend it wholeheartedly, The Vong is awesome with the '21M bowl, the Helix, the M+, the AC, etc, fits the M stashes, is easy to spin, etc. Just more options.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
You're gonna love the M+. I think the other presents the opportunity to experiment. You could get am M tip and one of the BB stems (since you'd have the M+ stem to switch to as a backup) or the M tip and a Vong body if you know you like going through water, or an M tip and Bonger if you wanna go cheap, etc. Not to dissuade you as I love the '21M and recommend it wholeheartedly, The Vong is awesome with the '21M bowl, the Helix, the M+, the AC, etc, fits the M stashes, is easy to spin, etc. Just more options.

Oh I know. The options and potential experimentation is why I love dynavap so much in the first place. That and there’s something beautiful to me about a well engineered device that just works.

BeltedCoyote,
  • Love

jbm

I'm thinking I may put it on a Revolve
I’ve got one on a Revolve. Very nice. Flavor is very very good. Cooling is insane. 3-hit bowls. Using a wand. Edit: Also trying a Simrell perforated cap. Wide open airflow. Also delish, though it might almost be too much airflow.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

While that glass cap makes for a great look for the helix, hot glass and I are not friends.
Yeah, you kind of have to use it vertically as it doesn't "fit" the tip, so this is really the only way I'd be comfortable using it. It works really well, fwiw. One big advantage--and what makes it perfect for this application--is the much freer airflow. The roast itself is excellent but the airflow reinvents what the Dynavap can do imho and this is where that's really appreciated. Also, it of course changes the roast from mostly conduction to almost entirely convection. The old dog has a new trick.

I'm thinking I may put it on a Revolve. It certainly does look cool on that turbo twist.
The extra cooling seems necessary to me. I'm probably wrong, but I think it may produce the warmest vapor. I noticed it right away.

I’ve got one on a Revolve. Very nice. Flavor is very very good. Cooling is insane. 3-hit bowls. Using a wand.
Your Revolve comment made me try the TurboTwist. I can still feel the heat a little, but it's way cooler and the flavor's great! I will have to try my V1, though.

Last edited:

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Does the m+ ship with the little plastic tube or the cardboard carton? I'm hoping the answer is yes but it looks like they still sell them

BeltedCoyote,
Top Bottom