VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
I mean one would think that a 6 second click would be HOT and produce quick results and one might think that a LONG 12-16 heat cycle would be generally 'cooler'.
Right. And the other factor here is penetration. Slower creep up in temp should mean more heat penetration.

A little more RE: batteries - The Li_On battery has perfectly consistent discharge every time no matter the % left in the battery.

The Alpine seems to lose umph towards the bottom 25% of the battery.

Will you let us know?

Absolutely.

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
only if it is also pulling the bottom (sold surface/silicone/cork whatever it may be) of the chamber up/down.
Yes, indeed. The chamber is basically a glass cup. I've tried to pull it all the way out the top but it seems you're supposed to open the case to remove it.

VapeEscapist,
Reactions: jabba

jabba

Yes, indeed. The chamber is basically a glass cup. I've tried to pull it all the way out the top but it seems you're supposed to open the case to remove it.
Yups. Well it sounds like you might have a fairly broad range of possible adjustments with your particular heater given that you can both (1) slide the glass tube and (2) insert silicone discs to raise it even further up. Enjoy your experimentations!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Right. And the other factor here is penetration. Slower creep up in temp should mean more heat penetration.

A little more RE: batteries - The Li_On battery has perfectly consistent discharge every time no matter the % left in the battery.

The Alpine seems to lose umph towards the bottom 25% of the battery.

Absolutely.

ONLY if your device has VOLTAGE REGULATION! Like a DNA mod. Every time you put a LOAD on a battery, the VOLTAGE will DECREASE. Not a lot when starting at 4.2 volts, or in my case, 12.6 volts (4.2x3). I keep a tiny VOLT METER plugged into my FD IH, so I can SEE the SOC (state of charge).

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
ONLY if your device has VOLTAGE REGULATION!
I see.

I guess it must. If there's a change in the output from the FTV GO at full to almost dead it's imperceptible to me.

The output of the (admittedly shitty) Alpine on the other hand, absolutely gets weaker as the battery wanes.

VapeEscapist,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
You're onto an interesting tangent @RustyOldNail - I notice very little difference in battery voltage on Flite with the exception of how long it takes to heat. It might be a bit different on the Deluxe. As voltage goes down, so does the wattage into the device. This is the timing difference; understood - but in the same way heat creeps into the tip (conduction from the cap), heat creeps to the clicker (gradient through the cap's material). In the case of a hyper-heater, this variation is pretty big, even from cap to cap the experience can vary wildly. This is the problem I had with Orion. Flite was tuned to take its time, and therefore, all my caps behave nearly identically. By this token, my caps also behave quite similarly with regard to voltage using Flite.

I cannot speak for the Fluxer Deluxe but as for Flite, voltage shouldn't change your experience by much.

fogbank

The fewer discs you have inserted will provide for a deeper chamber and likely longer roasts and 'heavier' extractions. The more discs that you place within the chamber will give you a shallower chamber and likely fast clicks but a lighter extraction.
I just received an Orion V2 and this is so accurate.

I have been using a UFO. I heat to the first click, skip the terpy hit, put it on the magnet until the first cool down click, then heat to 3 seconds past the click for the actual draws.

Using the UFO this technique produces sizeable clouds and very thorough extraction with very dark brown to black ABV. With the current strain of cheap outdoor that I'm going through now I can extract the whole bowl in 4 draws.

Using the exact same technique with the Orion V2 it took 5-6 draws, and the ABV was much lighter.

The difference between the two is the VC sits slightly lower in the UFO glass tube than the Orion glass tube, resulting in slightly longer heating time before the click, and much more thorough extraction.

I could make the UFO more like the Orion by putting one of the silicon disks in the tube, but I would actually prefer for the Orion to work more like the UFO, which I can't do :(

Now I'm depressed because I just bought the Orion and today I found out that I could have gotten one with an Omni for only $20 more.

fogbank,
  • Love
Reactions: TommyDee

jabba

I just received an Orion V2 and this is so accurate.

I have been using a UFO. I heat to the first click, skip the terpy hit, put it on the magnet until the first cool down click, then heat to 3 seconds past the click for the actual draws.

Using the UFO this technique produces sizeable clouds and very thorough extraction with very dark brown to black ABV. With the current strain of cheap outdoor that I'm going through now I can extract the whole bowl in 4 draws.

Using the exact same technique with the Orion V2 it took 5-6 draws, and the ABV was much lighter.

The difference between the two is the VC sits slightly lower in the UFO glass tube than the Orion glass tube, resulting in slightly longer heating time before the click, and much more thorough extraction.

I could make the UFO more like the Orion by putting one of the silicon disks in the tube, but I would actually prefer for the Orion to work more like the UFO, which I can't do :(

Now I'm depressed because I just bought the Orion and today I found out that I could have gotten one with an Omni for only $20 more.
Return it within 30 days?

jabba,

Alexis

For me good folks here, with a few modest decades of vaporizing under belt plus all forms of cannabis use in time, and a good range of the "best" vapes around...

plus OG Omnivap user, almost daily, still, since 2016.

Pipes OG induction heater, lovely man him, but, that design was a pure letdown.

No matter how, the torch never satisfied me.

Since Ispire month ago. Wow. There are so many ways of tiling the extraction and heat up in to get totally different types and levels of vapour and extraction and affects consistently it takes a bit of concentration is in a way almost more of a process but is for the most part about 80% more consistent in terms of producing the precise result and hit and extraction you seek.

I never expected anything like that it has turned the average or below average quality vapour and general experience and affects of the Omnivap into literally the best way I can simply turn my medicine into The most incredibly pure fragrance tasteful fully potent and never even slightly harsh or unpleasant to the point of literally not feeling anything going in or going out but consistently exhaling world record Vapcap Clouds every single time if I just focus on what I'm doing with the heat up.

I can also fully fully extract all of the actives and Turpines from a full packed 0.1 g bowl into equal absolutely gigantic hits where there is no scorching no unpleasantness and really smooth and tasty and So so potent it's literally the closest I've ever felt to dabbing flower but that takes a specific technique of dialling in the heat up and beginning to inhale as well.

there's no way I could ever have attempted such a thing with a torch without there being too pretty horribly harsh it's because it starts off at an unnecessarily high temperature and drops off quickly whereas with the Ispire, it's uncanny how long the virtual exact same temperature is maintained like 10 or 12 seconds before it drops off then five or six seconds stable more each time and beautifully smooth consistently all the way.

I was gifted with this particular vaporiser model in 2016 because it is a unique one for me because I'm not allergic to the device and it's vapour production in anyway so suddenly transforming it into a considerably different vapour producing machine of more than 50% better quality in every department I put forward has been a joyous discovery.

like I say it does take some dialling in but honestly even if I did not have the allergy problems I have 30 other world beating desktops I have in house now and have tried through time this would be drawing me to it morning noon and night because I can achieve something with the right approach to the extraction that I don't feel I have ever actually experienced from any particular vaporiser set up or even cannabis inhalation device before.

I just wanted to share that because it's a genuine testimony and I'm absolutely loving the incredible experience that this particular way of induction heating the vaporiser continues to be for me.

Hope you are all okay it's been a crazy time but I still care about all people including all of you and some of you may remember me and know that I don't generally mind what people think that I do care of course for learning sake and mediation....

lol. Because it's not the norm to be nice and friendly you see people think you are just being weak and flattering and I try to dispel that in my own natural way is the reason I make the point above.

lol. That Ispire and Omni, wfecked me. See,spelt wrecked wrong lol!:)

But I absolutely had to share this experience because it blew my mind away being able to dial it soon and make an appraisal of it versus all else I have experienced I just have not been anywhere near well or capable enough to do this any justice.

Keep spirits up members here. This particular thread has always been one of such a pure light and joy,

I'm sorry I have not been present often enough to offer a little of that myself but I try this tonight in my still weekend but significantly greater condition sorry for the random choppiness of it all but I think I've got my message across. 👍

Green Kiwi

The almighty cabbage is indeed the omnipotent ruler of the universe. :freak:

Oh man! Déjà vu!!!!! I was getting out of the shower this morning and the missus mentioned something about "Planck length" :smug:

On a more dynavapian note, does anyone have any experience heat treating an azurium? I ordered one with the intention and excitement of torching it, but now that this lovely blue thing has arrived, I'm feeling rather tentative about the whole affair. :peace:
You do realise my friend 'trift'that Planck could also mean something else than your new floorboards:razz::whip:..........
soo get working on that Planck length:freak:......
Cu Soon me Brother.:luv:.

By the way just trow that new Azurium in PBW strong for a hour or two ,and holly shit :even more indigo colours .........it did work for my Omni...:uhoh:.

fogbank

Sounds like you're-a combustin' a little bit there.
No. I have combusted 3 times with a VapCap and numerous times with other vapes over the years. There is a huge difference between black ABV and combustion with a VapCap.

Combustion is unmistakable and occurs in an instant. I get black ABV gradually over a number of hits. The taste and smell of the black ABV are nothing like the taste and smell of a true combustion event with a cherry. And usually my "black" ABV has some specs of dark brown.

I think a more accurate description for the black ABV would "charred", not "burnt"...?

I like the VapCap because the conduction heating allows extraction just up to the point of combustion (riding the line) :)

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Will you let us know?

This height would not trigger the IR sensor. One light push down, equal to a millimeter, maybe 2, and the heat started.

Click does come faster which produces cooler temp through and through. More but wispier hits that were on average a little less acrid than hotter full depth cup results. This is nice because it seems far less likely to overheat, even when left for a whole cycle.

I'm not sure if I prefer it yet though. I kind of like the thicker cloud from the hotter temps, that well rounded dense second hit of volume has that punch and lung busting expansion some of us like.

I'm going to use it like this for the rest of the day and see how that goes. Tomorrow I may halve the current depth and see what those results are.

(*Based on DynaCoil in a Waterwand loaded with BHO)

jabba

This height would not trigger the IR sensor. One light push down, equal to a millimeter, maybe 2, and the heat started.

Click does come faster which produces cooler temp through and through. More but wispier hits that were on average a little less acrid than hotter full depth cup results. This is nice because it seems far less likely to overheat, even when left for a whole cycle.

I'm not sure if I prefer it yet though. I kind of like the thicker cloud from the hotter temps, that well rounded dense second hit of volume has that punch and lung busting expansion some of us like.

I'm going to use it like this for the rest of the day and see how that goes. Tomorrow I may halve the current depth and see what those results are.

(*Based on DynaCoil in a Waterwand loaded with BHO)

Just adjust to suit your desire at any given time. Sometimes you want a quick slam and other times a more relaxing terpy multiple cycle session. Having some adjustability provides your ability to change-it-up as you wish.

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Just adjust to suit your desire at any given time.
Yeah, the high position was just too wimpy. Didn't want to stick with it.

^Here, about 4mm is the sweet spot I think. The differences in oven depth seem to produce a result I had hoped the silicone discs would provide. I found the silicone discs to be kind of ineffective in this heater somehow.

VapeEscapist,

jabba

Yeah, the high position was just too wimpy. Didn't want to stick with it.

^Here, about 4mm is the sweet spot I think. The differences in oven depth seem to produce a result I had hoped the silicone discs would provide. I found the silicone discs to be kind of ineffective in this heater somehow.
Adding discs shortens the chamber for fast clicks but wispy hits. Removing them the opposite.

jabba,

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Adding discs shortens the chamber for fast clicks but wispy hits. Removing them the opposite.
Right but I was saying it doesn't seem to work as well for that as sliding the cup up and down.

I can tell it's not heating the surface area as consistently.

I think I remember some people mentioned using cork instead of silicone and even putting a small hole in the middle of the disc as well.

VapeEscapist,

jabba

Right but I was saying it doesn't seem to work as well for that as sliding the cup up and down.

I can tell it's not heating the surface area as consistently.

I think I remember some people mentioned using cork instead of silicone and even putting a small hole in the middle of the disc as well.
Right but this is what I was saying in an earlier post. If sliding your glass up and down does not bring the bottom of whatever is on the glass up with it at the same time, then you aren't accomplishing anything. I hope I'm making sense

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I like cork because it doesn't suck the heat out of the cap right at the clicker like silicone does.

@VapeEscapist - Is the cap moving up and down in the coil as you try these experiments? It is the relation with the cap and coil that changes when the cap finally clicks. The deeper the cap is within the coil, the slower the heat gets to the clicker, thereby cooking the herb more.

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
I hope I'm making sense
Sorry, yes I did follow you on that earlier. As stated, the glass is essentially a cup so the cap is moving further away.

The deeper the cap is within the coil, the slower the heat gets to the clicker, thereby cooking the herb more.
You know, with this heater it seems a little less the case. The click is like only a half second to a second slower.

In the first experiment at the highest extension of the glass that still allowed the IR to activate, it actually seems to reduce the possible highest temps and penetration no matter how long you heat or how close you heat it again after the clicks. The CBD isolate and CBG wax that I mix with my BHO were left inside the inner most layers of the coil, and when I was torching it off for the next loading it was obviously being burned off.

In my second experiment at 4mm extension, my vapor is cooler while still penetrating enough and getting hot enough to vape most of the CBD/CBG.

I might have to play with cork.... and Rayon apparently.

VapeEscapist,
Reactions: TommyDee

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Sorry, yes I did follow you on that earlier. As stated, the glass is essentially a cup so the cap is moving further away.

You know, with this heater it seems a little less the case. The click is like only a half second to a second slower.

In the first experiment at the highest extension of the glass that still allowed the IR to activate, it actually seems to reduce the possible highest temps and penetration no matter how long you heat or how close you heat it again after the clicks. The CBD isolate and CBG wax that I mix with my BHO were left inside the inner most layers of the coil, and when I was torching it off for the next loading it was obviously being burned off.

In my second experiment at 4mm extension, my vapor is cooler while still penetrating enough and getting hot enough to vape most of the CBD/CBG.

I might have to play with cork.... and Rayon apparently.
You just may want more power for concentrates. Not that I know for sure but more heat faster might help. As to the difference, 1 second in 10 is 10% more heat. Seconds count. I've never tuned for the coil. I have gone deep dive into tuning Flite. perfect at the click every time. You want to tune an IH so that the second heating after a cool-down click, on the magnet, doesn't combust the load. That is tuned. Your cap has everything to do with how fast or slow it heats, or if it retains heat well.

dadan

A question for those who have several tips and caps: what percentage of defective tips (or caps) did you have?

Surely the caps are calibrated empirically and therefore they can 'click' at temperatures that are not always the same and/or do not correspond between one cap and another but I have a SS 2020 tip that really can't work as it should, it seems cursed. Aesthetically it is perfectly identical to a second M 2020 SS tip I own but, if one really gives me great satisfaction, the other is miserable. More than miserable. I tried to use 3 different caps and 3 different induction heaters and obviously different stems and different material. Maybe I have to resign myself and forget about its existence.

jabba

A question for those who have several tips and caps: what percentage of defective tips (or caps) did you have?

Surely the caps are calibrated empirically and therefore they can 'click' at temperatures that are not always the same and/or do not correspond between one cap and another but I have a SS 2020 tip that really can't work as it should, it seems cursed. Aesthetically it is perfectly identical to a second M 2020 SS tip I own but, if one really gives me great satisfaction, the other is miserable. More than miserable. I tried to use 3 different caps and 3 different induction heaters and obviously different stems and different material. Maybe I have to resign myself and forget about its existence.
Define what makes one of these tips 'satisfying' and the other 'miserable'. Airflow?

Top Bottom