Smokey McVape

Hah yea i guess ur right about that :D
Its been soaking now for a few hours will take it out soon

Do you have any tips to taking off the o-rings on the tip without damging them ? ^^
I use a wooden skewer.
Simply use the point of the skewer to get under the o-ring then roll the o-ring onto the skewer to remove.
Do the reverse to fit the new rings.

stonedmallone

One of my dynavap caps only click once using an induction heater. Torch it still has 2 clicks, any reason why this might be?

stonedmallone,

Duba

Accessory Maker
Hi there,
Here's how I like to use my Stinger these days: SS19 tip, wooden body 3 1/4 inch (max) without airhole.
It works great like this but i'm still experimenting as I'm hesitating to make a mini airhole to have a slight cold/hot air mix but without having to worry about closing/opening the carb. This would echo founder George's advice that the best way to use the dynavap is to keep the port open all the time. Many different combinations are possible and fun anyway!

Attachments

• 8xXXm28 - Imgur.jpg
    8xXXm28 - Imgur.jpg
    478 KB · Views: 27

davesmith

Glass Blower
Just been catching up on this thread. I'm still absolutely in love with my dynavap collection from the first og glassy all the way to my most recent purchase, a 2021 vong.

For those who don't know me im @glass_charlie on insta and I make (among other things) glass dynavap stems. Thought I'd share some pics of my most recent full colour stems (all sold).

Hope you're all vaping happy out there, big up and have a cap for me! IMG_20211103_142342_790.jpgIMG_20211103_142342_802.jpgIMG_20211103_142342_815.jpg

Nashed_Potatoes

View attachment 13973

View attachment 13974

Took it apart as much as possible and now soaking
Couldnt get 2 out of 3 o-rings off from the tip, hope it will be alright... :bowdown:

This makes me want to buy second hand vap-caps in the future :p
You’re not supposed to soak the cap right? Doesn’t it mess with the clicking mechanism?

Also I totally splurged on the Obsidium Omni. It’s pretty nice so far

Last edited:

MegaMan2k

Oh well no one here said soak it all except for the cap, so alittle late with that one :rofl:

I wouldnt have any idea since it my first time cleaning a vapcap :D

davesmith

Glass Blower
Tried to find one of these a while back. How do they hit?

Not nearly as well as the current models. I'd love to get another purely just for the collection, doubt I'd even use it tbh.

I've made a few different og glassy type stems over the years, replacing my broken parts etc. For a while I was just using a glass tube and a basket screen with a cap on as a disposable vape. Just take the cap off and bin the rest when you're finished.

If anyone finds og glassys for sale or has one they'd be willing to part with let me know id love to deadstock one in my glass collection cabinet.

Peace and vapcaps people

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Anybody here use a coarse grind? I’ve been using my vapcaps with my Woodscents lately and I’m wondering if a coarse grind will be an upgrade. I noticed a real uptick in taste and draw when I started using DDave Ti mesh screens.

I’ll find out for myself when I get a coarse plate for my BCG. But I’d like to know what your experiences are.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@beyond6strings – Dynavaps are good with pretty much any grind, it just makes things different. General consensus is: the finer the grind, the bigger the clouds, a coarser grind will take more time / more heat cycles to vape, but tastes „better“. Try an unground nug to get an idea about the wide spectrum grind consistencies can offer you.

---

Has this been mentioned yet? → https://higherlevelunlimited.com/ – The „Higher Level Titan Spin Doctor“ offers a way to spin the DV more comfortable (via ball bearing I suppose?). I'm not sure the →demo video represents the ideal way to do so, though, looks rather fast, I'm pretty sure that would slow the heating process down as opposed to the classic way. Stems look nice, though.

Hemper

I am a long time smoker, recently converting to vaping. If you haven't seen any of my recent threads, long story short I have a TM and a V3 Pro on the way to me.

In my exploring these caught my eye. I see there is a '21M and a '20M for about $15 less. I've also seen one place that will let you bundle a '20M with any other DV purchase for +$30

So what is the best DV piece to start with to be used natively for a seasoned cannabis user but vaping novice?

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
So what is the best DV piece to start with to be used natively for a seasoned cannabis user but vaping novice?

Just any M, be it 2020, 2021, doesn't matter much. There are lots of different models available, but when it comes to performance, they are pretty much all the same, so the cheaper options won't make you miss anything. If you like the concept (as I did, the Dynavaps were a major key to stop combustion for me) you can (and most likely will) upgrade just for the variety of it.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
In my exploring these caught my eye. I see there is a '21M and a '20M for about $15 less. I've also seen one place that will let you bundle a '20M with any other DV purchase for +$30

Each model of dynavap offers something different but they all get the job done. Having said that, most who own multiple DV's have a preference. The 2019M is a good one, as is the 2021M(especially with a standard cap) I enjoyed the 2020M on a water piece but not so much native.
I'd go the 2021M of the two you mentioned or the 2019 if you can find one cheap.

Then you just have to learn how to dial it in to get the hits your after.

I am a long time smoker, recently converting to vaping. If you haven't seen any of my recent threads, long story short I have a TM and a V3 Pro on the way to me.

Those are awesome picks for a smoker.
Dont forget to buy a good torch for your DV. I've had my best experience with a quality 1 flame, but it takes some time to heat up the cap. I think, that you even could try an induction heater, when you'll be tired by torches. :spliff:
I don't think that there will be a best DV piece, they are all different. For exemple, I've had the 18M when I first entered the "dynaworld", and I really didn't like it. Mostly because of a shitty torch that my local shop offered me. I combusted most of the time. I never understood the "carb hole(s)", even if I saw the official video made by George to explain the trick. And it also made me crazy to always search for that carb after a long heating process. Then I just saw that I could move one of the o-rings to block it completely, but.. This lil MF was hella tight to pull!
My 20M experience was so great that I moved to a full titanium (with a wooden stem tho). And I just love it and use it every single day. Still with the carb blocked completely, a friend of mine does the same thing. This trick totally changed my experience. Now I hit it like a blunt, with no fancy moves.
I think that between the 20 and 21 you may notice no major difference. (just some more airflow maybe)

Last edited:

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Just any M, be it 2020, 2021, doesn't matter much. There are lots of different models available, but when it comes to performance, they are pretty much all the same, so the cheaper options won't make you miss anything. If you like the concept (as I did, the Dynavap were a major key to stop combustion for me) you can (and most likely will) upgrade just for the variety of it.

Haha! We must have pushed post reply at very similar times. :spliff:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
borrowed back my titanium tip and induction heater (my OG Apollo) and been playing around with all my stuff combos. tried mouth pulls and I actually liked it?!?!? only heating to the click taking 2-3 mouth pulls and exhaling with each one, then taking a toke till I get the cool down clicks. its a nice light experience :D and I get a lot of hits. still prefer DTL hits airport open but I will definitely be revisiting mouth pulls.

I think this is enough to get through the morning ;)
IMG_0967.jpeg

my Apollo still isn't a very good IH doesn't evenly heat the bowl :( its actually a little more even with mouth pulls and many reheats but trying for those really big hits and going past the click you still end up wit not fully vaped bud at the bottom of the bowl :mad: while the top is black......... !!!!!! when will that sense IH come out already??? ........... ???? ........ !?! what's happening ? my IH is coming to life!?! and its pissed I was talking smack about it!!! ........... no! I will not apologize for calling you a subpar IH!!!! ......... hey why did your induction port just light up? and why is swirling periwinkle and neon orange???............. YAAAARRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!!.......................... all is well friends, enjoy your Dynavap's ! and @Hemper welcome to the Dynaverse!
IMG_0977.jpeg

im not a robot

I see a lot of people comparing a torch lighter to an IH, but has anyone compared to a torch lighter to the Ispire wand? I was looking for an IH for my dynavap and decided on the wand instead as it was only a £15 more expensive then a typical dyna compatible IH, it had great reviews for dyna heating purposes, and obviously it doubles as a dabbing tool too. It also seems like the best of both worlds - the control/accuracy of lighter heating but with no butane/refilling.

Anyone else tried this? I've got the wand, I just need to pick up some batteries today.

i have been considering getting an IH for well over a year now. getting closer. and i think i have circled in on the wand, just having some difficulties finding a place to buy it in continental europe atm.
while i am looking, are there people who own a "regular" DV induction heater & the wand but prefer the dedicated IH for their dynavaps? it seems easy finding people preferring the wand, so id be curious to hear the other side - still making up my mind i suppose.

i have never used an IH, a criticism i hear from time to time is the relative rigidity in heating when compared to a torch. IHs like the magheater with the adjustable oven seem to offer a little more flexibility, but i find it impossible to judge how practical this is in realworld use. also seems to require some stamina getting one.
i am aware of the much anticipated mad sense - could be soon now? might make sense .. to wait, but while it looks really snazzy & seems to offer a lot of great features - it seems it would have to be as rigid in the way it heats as any other IH? i think?

i have no use for a dabbing tool, and i would prefer a single hand operation (but yes this seems an unavoidable tradeoff for torch-like flexibility), so i am all ears for arguements in favor of other heaters than the wands while i am still out shopping. or if just to point out that never having tried an IH, the comparative lack of flexibility may really not be a problem at all. i also considered the sideclick for a while. maybe thats all i need. good pricepoint.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
i have never used an IH, a criticism i hear from time to time is the relative rigidity in heating when compared to a torch. IHs like the magheater with the adjustable oven seem to offer a little more flexibility, but i find it impossible to judge how practical this is in realworld use. also seems to require some stamina getting one.

The adjustable oven of the Mag Heaters is passé, all Mag Heaters are temperature controlled via an infrared sensor (Tempest: 10°C increments, Tornado: 1°C increments) which is about as practical as it sounds. :-) But it's true, it takes some patience to hunt a MH down, although waiting for a Sense seems to take some too. These days MH produces about two heaters per week, so I suppose they will become a bit more accessible soon.

I haven't tested the Wand, but it seems rather cumbersome to use compared to a dedicated IH.

Edit: Relatively affordable and available in Germany → https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/de/black-shadow – haven't seen any reviews about it yet, though.

Majordude2626

Just got the Simrell regulator stem to add to my stinger. I gotta say the MVS is my top dog. I’ve got it paired with sneaky Pete half bowl adapter, original 7 fin LE tip, low temp cap. It’s my goto now. Although everything here gets some play.

Attachments

• EB72989C-CA24-42B4-880D-2C818B72A531.jpeg
    EB72989C-CA24-42B4-880D-2C818B72A531.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 29
Top Bottom