Greenleaf88

Hey everyone I have a question I've been hovering over the mvs for a week now im loving the new omni. I've enjoyed since pre order but when I bought the original vortex it was far superior to the original omni, so my question is the mvs is it far superior to the 21omni?

Greenleaf88,
Reactions: GoldenBud

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I've been considering a DynaVap for awhile but there are so many model variants, mods to them, and year variants it feels like a lot to digest. I've wanted a new portable for awhile (I only have a Pax 2 now) and am going on vacation soon and want something to bring with me and I don't think the Pax is going to do the job, and I'd probably like to avoid dragging a desktop along.

That said, I'm looking for suggestions on a DynaVap. I've done some reading and dug through the thread some (there's a lot!). I want something I can hit without glass or with glass. To my understanding this is the Vong (HydraVong?). I keep seeing with and without a mouthpiece though and I don't see how it'd work for both, unless I'm misunderstanding.

Also seems I had some trouble finding them in stock most places too so maybe that's the old model?
@delta hotel, I love my DV's but they are not my choice for when going away. You would either be torching or a need to have a little box (IH) with you. If being discreet or carrying that shit around is not an issue then go for it.
When I go camping or the beach or day trips I like small and discreet. Concentrates make things so much easier and less messy. If you dabble in such things, then a Terp pen, or even an additive free cartridge pen makes things so fast and easy.

If you got some privacy where you're going then you can vape concentrates and/or weed through a vapcap and enjoy the session. There are vongs with or without a mouthpiece based on preference. Some people prefer a smaller mouthpiece than the vong end. Also, many mouthpieces spin independently of the body, which can aid with torch heating. The mp doesn't usually get in the way with a glass fitting unless it is a small piece.

delta hotel

@delta hotel, I love my DV's but they are not my choice for when going away. You would either be torching or a need to have a little box (IH) with you. If being discreet or carrying that shit around is not an issue then go for it.
When I go camping or the beach or day trips I like small and discreet. Concentrates make things so much easier and less messy. If you dabble in such things, then a Terp pen, or even an additive free cartridge pen makes things so fast and easy.

If you got some privacy where you're going then you can vape concentrates and/or weed through a vapcap and enjoy the session. There are vongs with or without a mouthpiece based on preference. Some people prefer a smaller mouthpiece than the vong end. Also, many mouthpieces spin independently of the body, which can aid with torch heating. The mp doesn't usually get in the way with a glass fitting unless it is a small piece.
Coincidentally, it's a beach trip. I don't really have access to concentrates though, so that kind of bars that. I'd like small and discreet, which I thought I'd be able to do with the dyna. More so than my Pax, which I have to wait to heat and it's more of a slow session. I want something I can duck out of sight for a moment and hit, which I assumed would be the Dyna. I was trying to avoid battery powered as well.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Coincidentally, it's a beach trip. I don't really have access to concentrates though, so that kind of bars that. I'd like small and discreet, which I thought I'd be able to do with the dyna. More so than my Pax, which I have to wait to heat and it's more of a slow session. I want something I can duck out of sight for a moment and hit, which I assumed would be the Dyna. I was trying to avoid battery powered as well.
Torching doesn't make that easy. @Pipes makes a pretty small IH that is about the size of a pack of cigarettes. It's called the Hotshot and works very well. That's about as discreet as I can think.

Still, I wouldn't take mine to the beach and get sand in it. I used to like my Fury 2 for such occasions.

Last edited:

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
I've been considering a DynaVap for awhile but there are so many model variants, mods to them, and year variants it feels like a lot to digest. I've wanted a new portable for awhile (I only have a Pax 2 now) and am going on vacation soon and want something to bring with me and I don't think the Pax is going to do the job, and I'd probably like to avoid dragging a desktop along.

That said, I'm looking for suggestions on a DynaVap. I've done some reading and dug through the thread some (there's a lot!). I want something I can hit without glass or with glass. To my understanding this is the Vong (HydraVong?). I keep seeing with and without a mouthpiece though and I don't see how it'd work for both, unless I'm misunderstanding.

Also seems I had some trouble finding them in stock most places too so maybe that's the old model?

What about a bb3? Cheap, small, compatable with 10mm glass. Grab a triple and a single flame lighter.

Last edited:

drzen

I've been practicing my meshy moves.

I love this really fine pressed pollen that breaks down during the vape session and ends up as particulate in the stem and erm... beyond! So this is a 100% necessary part of my process. Yes, it's a few minutes of faff, but, I am a 'maker' and I really like doing this stuff and the results are literally perfect. No particulate in the stem.

I have this same problem! Although I use sticky pressed hash, one heat cycle turns it into dry crumble, and those particles would get into my airway and really irritate worse than smoke. I realised just how much was getting into my throat when I started using a bubbler and it would have particulates coating the glass.

I sometimes use a hemp fiber disc to alleviate this, but it is quite a hassle each time to have to put one into place.

Frankly this is a problem that could be fixed by Dynavap with some re-imagined engineering. But they don't seem too interested in pushing the state of the art anymore.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I just wrap the hash/rosin/kief within a hemp fiber bundle. After about 4 hits I remove it, pull it about a bit and reinsert. Get another good few blasts and then either reuse or dump. Never had anything get into the stem.....

drzen

I just wrap the hash/rosin/kief within a hemp fiber bundle. After about 4 hits I remove it, pull it about a bit and reinsert. Get another good few blasts and then either reuse or dump. Never had anything get into the stem.....

I like to use the ABV later, and doing this makes it impossible to get the hash out of the hemp fiber after it crumbles to a powder. I also like to chop up / stir the hash after one heat cycle inside the tip (with the digger outer) without having to dump it out.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Yes, it is a problem!

That 325 steel mesh fashioned into a particulate filter wrapped around the ccd works for me, doesn't need replacing very often - actually I am going to try the bicarb cleaning method to eat up the stuff that gets stuck in there after a while, see if I can prolong the life of the mesh. You are right, it is a fiddly process! I am lucky, stuff like this comes pretty easy to me, but I know of a few people for whom this would be all but impossible!

and yes, it was using a bubbler that alerted me to this problem too... not a good look! Now I just get faint oil buildup in the glass! 😎

StringTheorista

I’ve had success with particulate filtering by stuffing a loose ball of hemp fiber into the bottom of the tip, below the CCD. Just leave it in there, it collects reclaim and catches particles. When it eventually gets sticky with reclaim, roll it in the bottom of my 3 piece grinder to coat with kief. Homemade moonrock. It does add a bit of draw resistance, but it’s less of an issue with the newer dynavaps that have a more open draw than older models

Chose

I must say after two months of using
The 2021 omni
Here’s my review
At first I thought it was a little expensive
But now I realize it’s priceless
I upgraded from a 2016 carbon omni
and I love that vapcap but the new omni is amazing
So my short review is
It looks awesome
It feels awesome
It hits hard
And if I lost it I would order another one straight away
Amazing TED

Texus

I must say after two months of using
The 2021 omni
Here’s my review
So my short review is
It looks awesome
It feels awesome
It hits hard
Amazing TED
You should meet my friend Simrell. Another premiun DV experience. Fun to switch back and forth between those two and one gets a Ti tip the other an SS. Toss 'em in a 2 DV Futo stash, and that's how I am rolling these days.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
:spliff:I must say after two months of using
The 2021 omni
Here’s my review
So my short review is
It looks awesome
It feels awesome
It hits hard
Amazing TED

Should you, @Choose to get a “few” IH for your TEDs: that is a true blue sign of
A “Hooked-dedicated-VapCap-Captive” : VCAAS
(VapCap Accessories Acquisition Syndrome).

BTW, another new IH appeared for your infinite pleasure, the Ispire Wand, to inspire. 🤗🤔

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Should you, @Choose to get a “few” IH for your TEDs: that is a true blue sign of
A “Hooked-dedicated-VapCap-Captive” : VCAAS
(VapCap Accessories Acquisition Syndrome).

I am working on it... :rockon:

Absolutely delighted with the VapOven.

but very curious about the iSpire for outdoor use, that would make 2 IHs - one for home - one for out and about!

I am very, very keen on buying stuff that lasts i.e. indestructible and/or is repairable should anything break.

Would anyone of a similar mindset who also owns an iSpire be so kind as to comment on this aspect of the device?

Edit: just read the entire Wand thread... seems very good! more food for thought 🤔

Last edited:

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Very happy with my Katalyzer click and go until the mad heater is available.
For me, the mad will cover pretty much everything I think I need :D

I think you are right... although I have seen projects like this turn out to be vapourware (sorry 🤣😇) before now!

No, actually, you *are* right, I am definitely going to wait, it is not needed at all, I am more than happy running an extension cable outside to the sofa for the time being!

Smokey McVape

basically yeah. the condenser system is cheaper, easier, but the cooling of the mvs etc' is much effective for your purposes....
Disagree. The Omni condenser is user adjustable making it hands free, something the MVS/Stinger can't do. The MVS/Stinger condenser used to offer cooler vapour compared to the old Omni but the 2021 Omni resolved that issue with the new and improved adjustable condenser. 2021 Omni is better than the MVS in every way - the MVS is just an over priced titanium M.

Top Bottom