stark1

Lonesome Planet
New to Dynavaps, but I recently got a Vong and I'm experimenting a bit and finding some situations where it works for me. Biggest complaint for me is I got a triple torch Lotus lighter to use with the this, and I can only get through maybe 3 or 4 vapcaps before the butane needs refilling.

I'm looking for something that will last a little longer while still not being too big. Are there some recommendations on SINGLE or DUAL torch lighters that have a LARGER FUEL TANK capacity so that it will last a bit longer? (Yes, I know induction heaters may be a great option, and I plan to look for something a little down the road. But for now I want to figure out this butane torch method)

You might find this interesting

rvarick

I was reflecting on DV's QC (or lack thereof) this week, when I finally acquired a Woodscents from Ed's latest "XL" batch. As I was rather deep in the dynaverse already, I was hoping the WS would add another heating option across all my stems/tips. However, out of my 8 Titanium tips, only 4 would fit on the WS heater core (so 50%). There wasn't much of a rhyme or reason to which worked either, as most of mine are ~2019 tips. It did seem that the two newer, shallower-grooved tips I have did fit though, while a Rosium Ti Tip did not. And of my two SS tips, neither fit (although I wasn't really expecting them to). It's rather disappointing, as IMO it shouldn't be that hard to manufacture the top-tier tip option to consistent tolerances. Luckily with the # of tips I have I'm able to make it all work, but being able to quickly swap stems with the Woodscents would have been nice. First world problems for sure!

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I was reflecting on DV's QC (or lack thereof) this week, when I finally acquired a Woodscents from Ed's latest "XL" batch. As I was rather deep in the dynaverse already, I was hoping the WS would add another heating option across all my stems/tips. However, out of my 8 Titanium tips, only 5 would fit on the WS heater core (so ~60%). There wasn't much of a rhyme or reason to which worked either, as most of mine are ~2019 tips. It did seem that the two newer, shallower-grooved tips I have did fit though, while a Rosium Ti Tip did not. And of my two SS tips, neither fit (although I wasn't really expecting them to). It's rather disappointing, as IMO it shouldn't be that hard to manufacture the top-tier tip option to consistent tolerances. Luckily with the # of tips I have I'm able to make it all work, but being able to quickly swap stems with the Woodscents would have been nice. First world problems for sure!

Have you tried swapping the orings? I bought a glass DV wand from DDave, it came with some extra wide orings, that I’ve used if a DV tip was too loose on a stem. Haven’t had too tight a tip yet, but there might be some thinner orings then the stock DV ones? Good luck!

rvarick

Have you tried swapping the orings? I bought a glass DV wand from DDave, it came with some extra wide orings, that I’ve used if a DV tip was too loose on a stem. Haven’t had too tight a tip yet, but there might be some thinner orings then the stock DV ones? Good luck!
Thanks for the info. I should have been more clear that the ones that wouldn't fit were all too small to fit over the WS heater core (at all). All fortunately work fine on my stems, so it seems it's the bowl portion that's out of spec, vs. the part with the o-rings.

Last edited:

pomogirl

I prefer a 3/4 bowl, suck and a tamp.
I also like to sit naked in the rain and enjoy moonlight.
...and I like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain..."

it's 14 and 10mm.
ed's wpa says it only fits titanium tips and not ss (which i don't understand) and i already have m's and stuff. just looking for either a wood or glass stem for my MJ arsenal. it's looking like i might be stuck getting another bb6 or a bb3...
The BB3 is a good WPA, though I'm partial to longer vapor paths like the Wet Winder.

ArthurJ

So in the foreground is my brand new @Aezhenn custom-ordered pipe which is beyond beautiful and is immediately my favorite piece. I love this man's work.
In the background are the pieces I got last year, early pandemic purchases those. We are celebrating the new arrival!
I'm using the new v2 Orion induction, which I quite like.

All is well in the dynaverse tonight.
Be well my friends.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
...and I like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain..."

The BB3 is a good WPA, though I'm partial to longer vapor paths like the Wet Winder.

Just when I am sitting purty good about myself, sitting on top of the world with a wet winder, he sneaks
A new piece in, a *spiked* wet winder :tup:

Wonder if it is gonna be gosh darn it to clean

Old skool wet winder— kool, like sitting in a cold stream on top of Mt Shasta, enduring the hot summer

Last edited:
Indeed, I hear nothing but good things about those. But living in Europe makes owning one very pricy...
I'm giving the Cuboo/Sideclick/Katalyzer a shot. Will report back in a couple of days :)
So how is it going, mate ? I'm still looking for that Katalyzer/FTV GO :sherlock:

Hawaiian,

Smokey McVape

So how is it going, mate ? I'm still looking for that Katalyzer/FTV GO :sherlock:
My SideClick is superior in everyway when compared to an Orion. Better build quality (metal body instead of plastic), supplied with 2 heating chamber glass cylinders - one set for microdosing/50% chamber the other is open from top to bottom and the depth of this heating chamber can be adjusted by way of 4 silicon pads that are included to find your sweet spot. I bought 2 sideclicks with my Orion refund . IMO the SideClick is the best budget IH available.

Steamer

In terms of performance it's very good! Nice vapour and flavour with 2 silicone pads in place.
Unfortunately I sent mine back due to charging issues. The led blinks red when charging and turns to a solid red when fully charged. This never happened, even when using a quality cable and adapter. Also, there's supposed to be a blue light that indicates 30% battery charge or less. This blue light only appears when the battery is depleted and therefor useless. To finish things off, when plugged in there was a noise coming from the USB-C port.

I simply don't take any risk with LiPo packs and I can't be bothered with keeping an eye on the charging time. It looks like it could be set up just that little bit better, and then it would be incredible value for money. So once again I am looking for alternatives...

Smokey McVape

In terms of performance it's very good! Nice vapour and flavour with 2 silicone pads in place.
Unfortunately I sent mine back due to charging issues. The led blinks red when charging and turns to a solid red when fully charged. This never happened, even when using a quality cable and adapter. Also, there's supposed to be a blue light that indicates 30% battery charge or less. This blue light only appears when the battery is depleted and therefor useless. To finish things off, when plugged in there was a noise coming from the USB-C port.

I simply don't take any risk with LiPo packs and I can't be bothered with keeping an eye on the charging time. It looks like it could be set up just that little bit better, and then it would be incredible value for money. So once again I am looking for alternatives...
Strange, I haven't had any of those issues with mine, which brand do you have?

Steamer

Strange, I haven't had any of those issues with mine, which brand do you have?
The Cuboo, but my guess is that they're completely identical underneath...
I actually really like the device but the charging/battery indicator puts me off. Perhaps I'll ask for a replacement, but only if they are willing to test it before shipping.

Steamer,
Reactions: Hawaiian

Duba

Accessory Maker
Yes it is. There is a thread about it on FC, the issue was related several times :

JJ785

I was put off by the rather short six month warranty, according to vapefiend when I asked them.

Last edited:
JJ785,
Reactions: Steamer

mwnger

George of vapefiend said they'd had returns due to battery problems which I guess is why they are no longer stocking the Sideclick. Mine's doing great with very occasional use, just a couple of dozen charges so far, but it is fabulous strolling down the street with it in one hand and an M in the other.

Majordude2626

When torches run out unusually fast, sometimes it’s because there are other gasses you need to release.

Neit seems empty, try pressing a tiny screwdriver or something into the little hole where you fill the torch. Hold it there (or press multiple times) until you don’t hear anything else coming out. I prefer to do it outside or in a well ventilated area because I don’t know exactly what’s coming out. :lol:

If you get very little gas out that way it probably won’t make much difference, but if you have to hold it for a while that may give you some extra cycles after you refill it.

Also, keeping the flame size to a minimum helps. If it won’t light it’s too low, but just above there is where I set it.

I use induction heaters almost every time now and I never kept track of how long each refill of a torch lasted so I can’t say how many you should be getting, but I know there are torches with higher capacity tanks out there. :)
This one is has been my favorite. Dyna used to sell it. There other retailers than the link below. It’s a little pricey but the button action is silky smooth. I rarely use it because I mostly use induction heaters. Still it’s my top dog for home use. Vertigo Serpent. I just noticed Amazon has it stock too.

my apologies mods, I typed this before remembering there is a thread dedicated.

Vaporware

Man…I just saw that the post quoted above got mangled. Where it says “Neit seems empty” it said “Next time it seems empty”. :rant:

I don’t know what the issue is exactly, but when I try to start a new paragraph sometimes the forum’s software will wipe out a section of text I recently wrote or edited and sometimes I don’t notice that it was eaten… :rolleyes:

That’s not an excuse for everything I screw up here (you can guess what the rest is), but it does happen annoyingly often. If you see things that make no sense at all in one of my posts, that’s probably what happened. :disgust:

Top Bottom