cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Those barrels that Sneaky Pete is selling look kinda cute. Do they make a decent enough seal in an 18mm joint? Metal and glass with nothing softer in between usually doesn't.

kazz

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

Yes a decent seal. I purchased a keg after breaking two glass WPAs in one week. 14mm needs to be held to the joint. It matches and allows you to milk the piece, but only the very end matches the glass. 18 mm seats further into the joint and doesn't require to be held in place. I sometimes have to "rock" the keg slightly to get a good seal, but have no complaints. And I don't have to worry about breaking it.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Did you, Lou, get some *NEW* toys, with the boys?

What a way to start Spring, after the winter of our discontent, etc.
Aye, DynaVap!

:science: Lying low, waiting on 4/20, after the dust clears, and valuations in.

In the meantime, it sure is nice to see so many, many, happy!

Spring, the pretty so many *NEW* TEDs time!

The Omni looks like a jewelers piece!
Omni looks like a chimney designed by Gaudi...(which does not contradict you). I haven’t received, but am waiting on the new Omni, and whatever goodies still exist when they get around to me. It’s spring, I’ve been vaccinated, I have sources now - call it a surge into the New Year, brimming with hope and enthusiasm.

Or just call it new money. Either way, I’m chuffed! Knowing you, @stark1, I suspect you got the entire assortment...😉

ClearBlueLou

Is it everyones exerience that titanium tips produce darker AVB than stainless steel in an induction heater? I am using a PSM and seems to be the case that the herbs get more cooked in titanium.
The reverse is true for me: I can hit a fresh TI tip 6+ times before the herb begins to look brown...as opposed to 3 or 4 heats with an M, which holds heat much longer. My heat source is a Flux Deluxe w/ 15mm coil.

TheBlackLodge

Is it everyones exerience that titanium tips produce darker AVB than stainless steel in an induction heater? I am using a PSM and seems to be the case that the herbs get more cooked in titanium.
I've found my Ti tips don't extract too evenly with my induction heaters, they seem to always leave an less extracted portion in the center unless I scorch the bud. I haven't noticed the AVB being too much darker in the Ti tips either, except for the bud closest to the walls of the tip. Maybe testing the tips using the same stem would give different results, so I'll have to try that as well as see how the new Omni tip handles.

someTooL

So, captive cap has been modified to a regular cap. Didn’t have issues with it until trying to remove. That sucked. Flattened indents and a little squeeze and it’s like an old cap. Well sorta. Must be a low temp cap also. Super light avb and quick clicks.

Wonder if it’s the tip or cap? Tried a ‘19 cap and the next session was back to my liking.

Wait, so you don’t like the new cap? Hmmm. Hits were tasty till the end, but wispy.

So, if this were my first DV and had no other caps, I’d been disappointed with the performance. This would not have made me quit combustion as the ‘19M did. Now if I were not a smoker and was looking for tasty cool hits, I would’ve been impressed. Make sense?

notams

toke down Babylon
The debate regarding "fake" products began when discussing a German website that sells a product called the "Debowler /Decapper". The item description starts with the words "Our Debowler & Decapper..." and ends with, "our decapper is not from GrindersForLife!".

I reviewed the definition of "fake" from the dictionary and believe that word characterizes this product very well. The clear intent of this product is to reproduce the GFL D-capper cheaply. They altered the spelling, threw in a disclaimer to avoid being sued (they hope) and proudly offer a fake. No question in anyone's mind that the word "fake" 100% applies here.

Go to some social media post of a proud Simrell Vortex owner displaying his beautiful device and make a comment, "Fake" and see if that is received well. "Fake" is derogatory, negative and insulting. I don't want to own fake products, do you?

My point: don't call Simrells fake. That makes no sense at all.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
The Simrell, the Shellshock, the Tectonic etc are technically fake Dynavaps but are sold at every vape store, probably one you have used/supported.
You’re comparing apples to oranges.

The companies you list make after market stems, bodies, and condensers. All of which require the Dynavap brand tips and caps.

It’s one of the reasons George has been so supportive of them and quite often included them on the retail site.

Now, if someone starts selling non-Dynavap brand caps, that’s a fake. And DV would have a fleet of lawyers headed in their direction.

I just purchased a Simrell Stinger to replace an xl condenser and spinning mouthpiece in my Carbon Fiber XL.

Nothing fake about it. I think of it as an upgrade. 😎

Cannabiker

No difference unless they are an officially licensed product endorsed by George and Dynavap.verdampftnochmal.de
George holds the patent on the core technology, the thermostatically-controlled cap and tip. He seems to look at that as an open-source platform that he and others can build upon. There's at least one interview out there featuring him and Austyn Simrell chatting happily. George is smart enough to know that all of this aftermarket activity only generates more interest in his core technology. I own more Dynavap products because of aftermarket options. Ed's Woodscents, Joe King, Simrell, and all the others are helping George create the Dynaverse.

For a simple analogy, think of a Rolex watch. If I start making those and selling them on the street, Rolex will get upset. But if I start an Etsy shop selling straps for Rolexes, they'll be just fine with that.

doctapeppa

The debate regarding "fake" products began when discussing a German website that sells a product called the "Debowler /Decapper". The item description starts with the words "Our Debowler & Decapper..." and ends with, "our decapper is not from GrindersForLife!".

I reviewed the definition of "fake" from the dictionary and believe that word characterizes this product very well. The clear intent of this product is to reproduce the GFL D-capper cheaply. They altered the spelling, threw in a disclaimer to avoid being sued (they hope) and proudly offer a fake. No question in anyone's mind that the word "fake" 100% applies here.

Go to some social media post of a proud Simrell Vortex owner displaying his beautiful device and make a comment, "Fake" and see if that is received well. "Fake" is derogatory, negative and insulting. I don't want to own fake products, do you?

I question whether the word fake applies here. GFL didn't do anything to make their de-bowler/de-capper special. If it had the company's distinctive gem facets or something to make it more "GFL" and people copied that, then yes. Even the surface of the real GFL product is completely different from their grinders that have all have a very smooth polished premium finish. How do we know GFL isn't the one copying someone else's product? Do they have a patent on this? De-bowlers are probably as old as pipes themselves and I doubt anyone has ever successfully patented one.

fareast

No difference unless they are an officially licensed product endorsed by George and Dynavap.
Either Dynavap is open to third parties providing competing and complementary gear for Dynavappers, or they aren't.

To their credit, I don't believe that DV vets third parties. They may endorse or embrace some, and perhaps they have offered negative opinions on some. But I don't think they have some sort of hoop-jumping approval process.

If you can create and you want to build something for Dynavap, have at it.

All that said, clearly none of this would apply to counterfeit gear, which is a completely different topic.

FWIW, I think the greatest threat to Dynavap is (Chinese) companies mass-producing tips and caps, which at the end of the day IS Dynavap.

I think this is why Dynavap has in the last few years accelerated changes to the tip and cap. Dynavap is an engineering-driven company, so no doubt the primary motivation is improvement and refinement. But making the tip and cap a moving target for large-scale counterfeiters probably figures in there to some degree.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

Optic’s?
FREE WORLD MARKETING!
“M” = freedom from fake!
CANNABIS = CIVILIZATION
JUST SAYIN?

ClearBlueLou

It’s really pretty obvious that DynaVap has been supportive of aftermarket artisans drawn to their design universe. From Ed’s to PhattPiggie and beyond, those works were and are supportive of - they even *require* the DynaVap tip and cap to be more than just elaborately pretty tubes. That is not “counterfeiting”, or “selling fakes”, any more than aftermarket rims for your ride.

There’s a big difference between honestly selling “DynaVap-compatible” goods, and selling patent-violations as “real DynaVap”.

Last edited:
Top Bottom